Horizontal Conditioning

From what I know that looks great! I'd love to hear an update when you get done with that rotation. I did HC 3 for the first time in weeks this week and my lats have NEVER been so sore. Not even with STS! Good luck.

When I tried to order again the code didn't work. I emailed her again, and she said she didn't understand why it wasn't working for me because she has been getting orders from people using the code. Maybe it really is a sign I shouldn't get these! Lol

Just because of this thread, I have been checking out clips of HC. It looked so much like what I do with Bob Harper's workouts, that I had to know.... so I ordered Volume 1 the other day.

I just finished it. It's tough, but not over the top. I think Vol 1 must be the easiest of the group, is that right? I can't tell from the clips.

Those of you who like these types of workouts would really like Bob Harper's workouts. Many of the moves are the same. I've been doing his workouts for a while now, so I figure that's why I'm able to do HC Vol 1 fairly easily. In particular, his "Totally Ripped Core" and "Total Body Transformation" are excellent and the most similar to HC.

Now I am thinking I might need the other HC workouts! :cool:

Just because of this thread, I have been checking out clips of HC. It looked so much like what I do with Bob Harper's workouts, that I had to know.... so I ordered Volume 1 the other day.

I just finished it. It's tough, but not over the top. I think Vol 1 must be the easiest of the group, is that right? I can't tell from the clips.

Those of you who like these types of workouts would really like Bob Harper's workouts. Many of the moves are the same. I've been doing his workouts for a while now, so I figure that's why I'm able to do HC Vol 1 fairly easily. In particular, his "Totally Ripped Core" and "Total Body Transformation" are excellent and the most similar to HC.

Now I am thinking I might need the other HC workouts! :cool:

JeanneMarie, where did you see these clips? I looked on her website and all I saw was the generic video. But I really need to see how the dvd's are before I invest money.
Thank you!!!

If you go online to totalfitnessdvds and then search for horizontal conditioning, you can find clips for vols 1-4, bootcamp & the getting started/stronger dvds.

I found these clips very helpful.

The HC discount code will expire around March 7. Sandra told me the first week of March.

Cheryl

FYI - I just went and checked and the 25% off still worked...I have been reading and rereading all of the posts on this thread, going to the video clips, watching and re-watching them, and hemming and hawing about if I should get them. And if I do get them, which bundle to get....and then I saw that the discount expired yesterday and I was so bummed! Which made me think, I need to just go ahead and order them already! Though, like the rest of you I already have so many dvds (almost all Cathe) and just need more time to do them all (like doing 2-3 a day!).

My abs are not my strongest muscle group, and I am always working on getting better at my push-ups, but I have to admit after reading everyone's posts I am a bit worried about these workouts. I do a HIIT class 3x a week so that has also really cut into my dvd workout time....

Alright, my question is, do I get the 5 dvd bundle with the getting started, and vol 1-4 or do I go ahead and get the 6 dvd bundle that also has the bootcamp workout? Since Colleen says she still has to pause this one (bootcamp dvd), I wonder if I will end up doing this much...there might be too much of a dread factor.

ramble, ramble

thanks for your opinions on this,

sarah

Last edited:
Alright, I am just about to order vol 1-4 + bootcamp. I want to feel like I am wearing a corset! We just did 100 v-ups with a 10 lb med ball in my HIIT class and I kept thinking this will be easier once I start doing HC.

I somewhat reluctantly grabbed volume 4 to do today - my second time going through it. Happy that I made it through more of the reps than I did the last time and somewhat dreading how I'm going to feel tomorrow :)
I did total body trisets yesterday. Earning my rest day!

I couldn't decide which workout to do later today. I decided in honor of you guys and this thread I'm going to do....HC Bootcamp! :eek: It's been almost 6 weeks since I last did it. Let's see how far I can make it before pausing today! :p

Last edited:
Well, I did the deed, I ordered the workouts and am looking forward to trying them.
Good luck, Colleen with boot camp!

My dvds arrived last night! Not bad, I ordered them Sunday and got them Wed and I live in Hawaii.

This morning I did vol. 2 - I decided not to do vol. 1 because I don't have the weighted bar. Anyone out there who has done vol 1 and doesn't have the bar? What do you do instead? How heavy is the weighted bar? My barbell bar is 14 lbs.

Okay - so what I felt most after this workout (I only finished it ~ 4 hours ago) are my shoulders - though tomorrow that probably will have changed. I can see how there is a lot of room to grow with these workouts - I got through this one without too many modifications - I'll tell you what I thought was really hard was that move where you have your hands/elbows on the step, one foot behind you and the other out to the side (and later bent and raised off the ground! Yowie!) and using a db. This one is one for me to work on!

She is one fit/strong woman. You are right, she doesn't have the polish of Cathe, (her cueing and counting aren't nearly as good) but I am not going to let that get to me. Her workouts are really going to help me meet some of my goals so thank-you for this thread!!!

macbeanur- before I got my body bar I used my barbell bar which weighs about 11 lbs. The biggest difficulty I had with that was the thing was sooo dang long it was really awkward doing some of the exercises! I switched between using the bar for some of the moves (where it was fine to use) and then would use dumbells for other moves. I finally caved and just got a body bar on WalMart.com, but honestly if it's the only workout you ever own that uses a body bar you'll be fine modifying.

I wound up getting all the HC's so I can make more use of my body bar. :D It's also an excuse to get the year 2 workouts because she uses it again in a few of those workouts, too. :p I am the queen of rationalizing my fitness purchases! LOL

I just ordered some of these workouts...they're currently 25% off with the code LOVEHC. I got the code from the video fitness forum and it works.

I never would have considered buying these, but, once again, I've been enabled by Cathletes! Can't wait to try them!

I just tried this at her website and it did not recognize the code.

I think the discount offer expired March 11. I shouldn't have debated so long. I have volumes 2 and 3 and do them twice/week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.