Horizontal Conditioning Volume II

loneswaneast

Cathlete
Hello everyone.

I just went to the Horizontal Conditioning website and noticed she has all new 101 and Hardcore DVD sets for sale. They are Volume II.

I love these workouts, do at least 2 a week sometimes alone or with another workout.

Anyone know of a recent viable discount code?

Thank you.

Hello Loneswaneast, Sorry I can't answer about a discount code. But I would love to know about your results with HC 101 and what other type of workouts you do along with HC.

I have the "Getting Started" disc and love it. I like this style of working out but I'm afraid to give up my weights totally. So I'm not sure how to include everything.... HC & wieghts without over doing it.

I often thought about trying HC/Pilates/Barre/band work & cardio for 1 to 2 months but am afraid I will lose what I have gained with weight workouts.

I would love to hear about your workout routine/results and imput from other Cathlete's.

Thanks,
Sherry

I think the code VFROCKS will get you 10% off. Hope it works. Last year she had a special 25% off, not sure if she will do again this year. I just purchased Volume 2 101 and Hardcore in January (she had a special of 15% off). I am loving them so far (it's been three weeks) - very tough but awesome.
Jody

I did a month rotation with Horizontal Conditioning twice a week. I considered them my weight workout days. The 3rd weight day of the week I did a cathe total body DVD. Then the opposite days I did cathe cardio. I saw great results in the shape of my core and my arms from HC

I have HC volumes 2 and 3. These things are no joke and they make my arms burn ... and core of course. I thought my upper body was quite strong until I found myself collapsed on the ground during these because I couldn't hold myself up any longer. Which also cause hysterical laughing. That didn't help.

I have the Volume I 101 DVDs. Is the production quality any better in Volume 2?

The production quality is essentially the same, but I do love how with the year 2 101's she did a lot more "interval" work where she alternated cardio with horizontal moves. Sort of like mini-bootcamps. They aren't all like that, but several were. :)

One little tidbit...she did say she is planning on making more professionally made dvds this year and that they will be based on that bootcamp/interval style! :eek:

I have the "Getting Started" disc and love it. I like this style of working out but I'm afraid to give up my weights totally. So I'm not sure how to include everything.... HC & wieghts without over doing it. I often thought about trying HC/Pilates/Barre/band work & cardio for 1 to 2 months but am afraid I will lose what I have gained with weight workouts. I would love to hear about your workout routine/results and imput from other Cathlete's. Thanks said:
I personally like to use my Horizontal Conditioning workouts as an overall conditioning burner. On the days that I do a split routine (i.e. Gym Style for instance) I will tack on a Horizontal Conditioning workout at the end of the week just as a way to hit the muscles for the second time that week. I remember Cathe mentioning a while back that she likes to do a heavy weight split routine and then she will tack on a high rep light weight routine at the end of the week just as a way to burn the muscles a second time. I'm pretty much just treating my Horizontal Conditioning workouts in the same fashion as the high rep workouts.

Rotation please :)

Can anyone share a rotation they put together with Cathe and HC? Would love to try a combo like that!

I have most of HC and sadly, I am just not a big fan. I like my weight lifting, and while I am in good shape, I found some of them just over the top in terms of difficulty! And I workout 6 days a week and do Cathe without modifications....so i just set these aside and have not done them for months....

You know, if you are 5'4" and weigh 115 # there is that factor that you don't have the height or big girl factor going...and can flit around like a hummingbird....but hey, I am 5'9" and 145. :confused:

Just a dose of reality

I do find these workouts hard to fit into a rotation without over working myself in certain areas. So I usually put them into a rotation where I dedicate one day to UB, one day to LB, and one day to core. The core day is a HC day. Then I add two to three days of cardio depending on what I'm doing. This format lets me get enough rest(which I need more of as I get older).

As the previous poster said they are tough. I've never even come close to doing all reps of any HC workout. I do what I can and rest when needed. That being said, I still feel like they work my body like nothing else does and have value. It's all how you look at them and what your style of workout is.

I do find these workouts hard to fit into a rotation without over working myself in certain areas. So I usually put them into a rotation where I dedicate one day to UB, one day to LB, and one day to core. The core day is a HC day. Then I add two to three days of cardio depending on what I'm doing. This format lets me get enough rest(which I need more of as I get older).

As the previous poster said they are tough. I've never even come close to doing all reps of any HC workout. I do what I can and rest when needed. That being said, I still feel like they work my body like nothing else does and have value. It's all how you look at them and what your style of workout is.

I totally agree Toni! Even as much as I rave about these workouts and love doing them I have never come close to doing all the reps that Sandra does in a given HC workout. I usually collapse here and there, then after a brief rest, pick it back up and join Sandra for as much as I can. I'm still getting an amazing workout and basically working my muscles to failure (hence the collapse! :eek:) so I'm getting the full benefit of the workouts. I don't beat myself up if I can't do every single exercise, every single rep, or do it without modifying. I take the same perspective with me when I do Cathe's workouts. I'm not afraid or ashamed to modify or pause the dvd when I need to. ;)

Sandra always says in the workouts "it's all about overloading the muscles, making them do more than they want to" so as long as you are doing and striving for as much as you can...it's all good! I'd much rather have a tough workout that I can't quite master to have something to work up to, personally.

Hello Loneswaneast, Sorry I can't answer about a discount code. But I would love to know about your results with HC 101 and what other type of workouts you do along with HC.

I have the "Getting Started" disc and love it. I like this style of working out but I'm afraid to give up my weights totally. So I'm not sure how to include everything.... HC & wieghts without over doing it.

I often thought about trying HC/Pilates/Barre/band work & cardio for 1 to 2 months but am afraid I will lose what I have gained with weight workouts.

I would love to hear about your workout routine/results and imput from other Cathlete's.

Thanks,
Sherry

Hi Sherry,
Thank you for your response. I have all of the Hardcore DVDs as well as the set of 12 monthly Hardcore and 101 DVD's from her first year (Volume I) and the Bootcamp and the Strength and Length DVDS.
I usually do two each week. I start my fitness week on Sunday, after taking Saturday off (which does include a short yoga stretch).
Generally it looks like this: Sunday -I like to start the week with something that provides both cardio and weights like Afterburn or a similar Circuit routine. This week I did Toby Massenburgs Afterburn on Sunday along with a two hour hike with my 3 Dogs in relatively hilly terrain.
Today, Monday, I did one a Horizontal Conditioning Bootcamp DVD after a 45 minute woods run.
Tomorrow, I'll do just cardio, like Tabata or Hiit or Intensity or another run outside.
Wednesdays I usually focus on Lower Body, like Butts and Guts.
Thursday I will do X10, one of the 60+ minute selections.
Then, on Friday I am usually pretty tired, so I do a Horizontal Conditioning 101 DVD (these are only 30 minutes) after a 20-30 minute cardio routine. Recently I've been doing a few of Patrick Goudeaus Kickboxing selections from his most recent DVD.
Then , again, Saturday I use my energy for attacking my chores around the house.

Hope that helps. I have found her workouts to be great for me. I was doing a lot of heavy weight work, but at 64, I wanted to try something different. I've found these perfect. I do still do a weight routine every other week, love Flex train now.
Next week I will do a few total body weight routines in the mix somewhere.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
I think the code VFROCKS will get you 10% off. Hope it works. Last year she had a special 25% off, not sure if she will do again this year. I just purchased Volume 2 101 and Hardcore in January (she had a special of 15% off). I am loving them so far (it's been three weeks) - very tough but awesome.
Jody

Hi Jody,
Thank you for that. I just bought them using this code. If you buy the whole set (both the Hardcore and the 101 sets), you get an additional 10% off plus a few other goodies, so with this code, I got 20% off.
It is a lot of money for me, but now I can do a different set of two each week for an entire year. Won't get bored with that!
Thank you.

Loneswaneast,

Wow! and thanks for your reply. Your (this week) rotation is extremely helpful. I'm afraid I'm going to have to purchase some more DVD's from Sandra. LOL!

Thanks
Sherry

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.