Homeschoolers Monday

Good Morning!

I still have DOMS left over from GSLegs.:eek: How sad is that!!!;) Today will be Power Yoga 4 Happiness Vol.2. Later on today, I'll be practicing massage for a couple of hours with my massage therapist. That's always a workout in body mechanics for me.

Hope everyone has a blessed Labor Day!

Wendy

8 mile speed interval run for me today. Burned 1236 calories over the 8 miles. Got it in early since today we begin our offical school year. Plus I wanted to beat the heat :D Enjoy your Labor Day.

Happy Labor Day everyone. Since dh has the day off, I took advantage of him being home and slept in a little. So I just got done doing Low Impact Circuit. Yesterday I worked on my 1RMs for back and triceps. That in itself is quite a workout:) My goal for the rest of the day is to keep my diet clean!

Hope you all enjoy the day.
Aimee

GSBSB :) We're having a fun Math day (I know...that doesn't sound quite right, does it?), full of laid back review and every day calculations.

Have a wonderful Labor Day, guys. And Karen, have a great school year!

So far so good. I'm breaking for lunch right now. The kids loved their goody bags. I usually make them a goody bag for the beginning of school each year. It is normally like 5 items from the dollar store each. Now I'm off to do some math.

Karen... What a great back to school idea. I may have to steal that idea for my girls' first day tomorrow. Sounds like you all are having a good first day! Great run this morning!!!

Lori... Is this the first day back to school for your family too? I took a look at your blog the other day. It's nice to be reminded about gratefulness.

Aimee... Kudos to you for calculating your 1RM. I haven't decided when and if I'll do mine. I'll wait to see what my days look like once we get into full fledged homeschooling. Did you decide on a writing curriculum yet?

Annette... Did you mean you worked out over the weekend or worked a job? Enjoy your rest day!!!

I got most of my PT exercises for my rotator cuff done before doing the Shoulder High premix on PY4H2. I might do some cardio when I get home before I leave to practice massage.

Wendy

Wendy- another thing that is a big hit too is on Friday they get a small baggie of treats. So I get a baggie with a twist tie and put in a lollipop a cool pencil and a stick of gum and they each get a small baggie treat to end the week. I also put in things like an eraser or coupon for a coloring book. When the holidays come I get even more creative and put in for say Christmas ( christmas wrapped candies, small tiny toys like you can get a bag of for like a buck) Any type of tiny junk really. Let me tell you they look forward to Friday for the tiny bag. I also try to get bags that are not see though so they don't kow what they are gettting.

Alos:
Each day to I let them have 5 small candies when they are done their work with no fighting or to much complaining. For instance today when we finished up they each got five candy corns. Sometimes its' m&m's. Something to say they did it. If they fought in school then no candy. Friday is the big day though.

Karen,

Thanks for more ideas. Thankfully, my girls hardly fight while they're being homeschooled. My twins get along perfectly! And, their sister is busy with her own work.:) However, my eldest dd could use some added incentive to finish her work in a timely manner.

Wendy

HI ladies..

Rest day today..I finished up the August rotation yesterday and I needed a rest today..

I work a job Sat. and Sun. 2nd shift at a group home. Plus I do work out on Sat. just not Sun. or Mondays.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.