Holy drop sets!

jsutera

Cathlete
Ok so I was just getting used to dealing with the drop-sets and tri-sets that run rampant in Meso 2 and then I hit disc 22, week 4 chest/tris/shoulders and I thought I was going to die! I was wondering why this particular workout was only 43 minutes but boy do I know now why it was shortened up! The workout is killer!!!

See? This is just a reminder that no matter what, Cathe always has a trick up her sleeve to keep us (and our bodies) guessing! Wow - and that was after an hour-long spin class to boot! I'm totally spent, I'm a sweaty mess and guess what? I have a huge smile on my face! I love it!
Just couldn't resist sharing this morning...anyone else hit this disc yet??

I agree! I just did this one last night and I loved it! I have liked all of Meso 2, but by the end of each disk I'm starting to mentally check out, so this length on this disk was perfect! The drop sets kept it moving. Plus I worked so hard, the pushup were about impossible! I have never done tabletop push ups before, but on those narrow stance drop sets I had no choice!

This disk was a gem and I would pull this one out as a stand alone work out in another rotation!

I am looking forward to this week because the discs were shorter, but with Cathe that doesn't mean easier!

Cheryl

Ok so I was just getting used to dealing with the drop-sets and tri-sets that run rampant in Meso 2 and then I hit disc 22, week 4 chest/tris/shoulders and I thought I was going to die! I was wondering why this particular workout was only 43 minutes but boy do I know now why it was shortened up! The workout is killer!!!

See? This is just a reminder that no matter what, Cathe always has a trick up her sleeve to keep us (and our bodies) guessing! Wow - and that was after an hour-long spin class to boot! I'm totally spent, I'm a sweaty mess and guess what? I have a huge smile on my face! I love it!

:eek:, I was just looking at the length of the dvds, and was so excited to see week 4 upper body workouts are around 43 minutes. Now I'm not so sure I should be so excited ;).

I agree! I just did this one last night and I loved it! I have liked all of Meso 2, but by the end of each disk I'm starting to mentally check out, so this length on this disk was perfect! The drop sets kept it moving. Plus I worked so hard, the pushup were about impossible! I have never done tabletop push ups before, but on those narrow stance drop sets I had no choice!

This disk was a gem and I would pull this one out as a stand alone work out in another rotation!

I am looking forward to this week because the discs were shorter, but with Cathe that doesn't mean easier!

Cheryl

pushups:eek:....oh nooooooo

That is on tap for tomorrow! I had to scoot over to my workout card to see whats in store for me. My eyes must be messed up, because is that 30 pushups and then a pushups to failure in the chest warm up??? Perhaps it is just a typo:eek: And then close grip pushups to near the end?? I have a hard time with those, anyway. Better start practicing my game face, its a little more than 24 hours away.

Nan

Oh no!

I am due to for this one tomorrow morning! Now I am going to be too afraid to get out of bed. At least the extra time I get from the shorter workout will help me recover before a full day of work.

no joke

This one was NO JOKE! Scares the crap out of me to think what LEGS will be like and then bi's and back?? Eek! but I'm excited for the super-intensive week of STS since next week is an off week (sort of sad to see Meso 2 go!) and it'll be all cardio all week.

One thing I was excited about in today's workout - I could do all the pushups on my toes! I was almost there during Meso 1, but definitely felt stronger and sturdier doing those pushups this morning (and that was after an hour spin class and I was already spent!).

Well that explains it - I was actually wondering if it was a misprint in the User's Guide. Looking forward to getting to that one in a sadistic- kick -my -own -butt kind of way...

OH boy I really work.... :D My 80% was ok until the last set of incline bench press and I was fighting :mad: and I mean fighting :mad: it to the end. I am already feeling this workout...The drop set really keep things moving and the 43 minutes flew by.

High Five Cathe....looking forward to the other 2 disc this week at 80%. Will most certainly need a recovery week after this week ;).

Already taking a sneak peek at Mesocycle 3.

Therese

I am SO GLAD you started this thread because I just finished this workout and thought I suddenly turned into the biggest wuss in the world. I could NOT do those incline barbell presses for anything. Thank goodness DH agreed to spot me because I would have seriously cracked some ribs or something! My form was crap and I could not eeek out all the reps. WOW that was hard!!!!!! (But OH so much fun!)

I agree totally - this was a killer. When I realized that push ups were back, I knew it was going to be tough.

I just got done with this disc! I admit I was really kind of leery about doing it, since I had read some of this thread. Maybe I even had a dread factor somewhat. Just to let you know I did survive it.

It was definitely hard. I was really pushing out the last reps on the bench press, flat and incline. My shoulders felt totally fried. My tirceps were screaming. I can't wait to feel the big old DOMS tomorrow.

Boy this is my last week of Meso 2. It all went by so fast! Recovery week next week, then off to Meso 3!!!!!!

Cheryl

One thing I was excited about in today's workout - I could do all the pushups on my toes!

Good for you! :) I had to drop to my knees near the end of the close grip ones. And that's the workout where I had to go backward in weight for the chest presses. It was a very tough workout for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.