Hey guys

Wow, I can't believe you are home already and in such great spirits. They must have given you some great meds. Just kidding. So glad to hear all went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.

Jean

I am SO relieved to hear from you and know you're alright. I've been so worried and anxious. I am thrilled you're home and comfortable and ready to move forward. So much to be thankful for... So glad you checked in and let us all know how things went. You blow my mind so much I can't compose complete sentences. Except that one.

OH MY GOD-you're HOME?!!! No rest for the weary! Carola,if its not prying, did they do a total mastectomy or just lump? Around here, they seem to just do lumps, but some of my friends went total anyway (even on both sides if only one side had the cancer...).....if its prying, ignore me, just wondering so I can have more information for people...

WOW girl..

Oh, and hospital food - believe it or not,its often catered from restaurants (ours comes from Marriot's source)-but has to be cooked till kingdom come per health codes...so blech.

Are they waiting for the path to come back before putting you into chemo/radiation??
We'll be here to kibbitz with ya through it all though!

Are you 100 percent German? My husband is 1/2, and 1/2 Irish - can you imagine a more tortured soul????One side likes everything neat, organized and orderly and the other half couldn't give a sh...darn....

Well, glad you're home and cancer is in the incinerator....where it belongs.

I had a bilateral masectomy. There was no other choice with the left due to the size and location of one of the tumors. The second one was voluntary. One consideration was to avoid a reoccurance although the risk according to my doc was low. My main reason was esthetics. I know I am so vain :D

I had gained a lot of weight over the last few years. Since May/June I had lost 48 lbs and ahem, how shall I say this, it was obvious on my chest. So I decided if I have to go through all this, I didn't want to have breast reconstruction matching the other big, saggy breast. Thanks but no thanks :eek: Sounds much better to me to start all over with with two nice, smaller and perky ones :D

Ummmh, yeah the food. The chicken broth I bet was cooked for days and the "ice cream sorbet" was full of sugar and food coloring - YUCK!!! It turned my tongue totally purple, cracking my kids up and even they refused to eat that the sugary stuff. If you weren't sick before, that crap would make you sick.

I am assuming they will wait for the pathology report before they start chemo, because I won't start before I have all the facts and information. I will be meeting with two other doctors over the next few weeks. There are some advances that have been made with chemo but the info I have found so far are sketchy. One is where the chemo will be encasulated in a socalled "smart bomb" and delivered directly to any tumorous cells, sparing healthy cells. The other one is a similar concept but based on the fact that cancer feeds off / attracts sugar (which is how PET scans operate - the sugar attaches to the cancer / metastasis). It sounds really intriguing.

I am also meeting with a doctor / nutritionist for a more naturopathic approach for easing the side effects of chemo and fighting the cancer from a more integrative medicine approach.

Thanks everyone for your support!!! It means a lot to me and I can't ever thank you enough for being such an incredible support system and I will never forget. I think I am one of the luckiest people in this world!!

I am half German and half Swedish. I spent a few years of my childhood in Sweden but basically grew up in Germany.

Last edited:
Most cancer nurses I've talked to over the years would do what you did..the total double..

Though the studies are not out yet - true studies take over a decade, at several cancer centers, they take you off animal protein and sugar all together during treatment.....

As you always do, when you feel able, share your story with us...we will pay it forward and celebrate your inevitable cure.

Have a super day!

Glad you are home and things went well!!! Sending more happy, feel good vibes your way!!!

Are you 100 percent German? My husband is 1/2, and 1/2 Irish - can you imagine a more tortured soul????One side likes everything neat, organized and orderly and the other half couldn't give a sh...darn....

I'm half German half Irish as well. Get this, my dad is Irish and German, as was his 1st wife, so 2 of my brothers are Irish/German. My mom is Irish/German, and her 1st husb was English/German, so that is what my other bro and sis are. It sure makes for interesting family get togethers!! It can get a bit loud!!!

Nan

Welcome home Carola. I am so glad you checked in for an update. I am also glad that you have the comfort of your DH and your favorite furry friend beside you. I am sending you big hugs and healing vibes. YOU GO GIRL!!!

Carola,

I am so glad to hear you are doing so well. Your positive, funny attitude is truly an inspiration. ((((HUGS)))) and ~~~healing vibes~~~ to you.

Carrie

Doing the happy dance in Oregon for you Carola! So glad to hear they got it all and that your attitude is so great! :D

Carola,

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
I would have gone for the double too. Why ever have to worry about it again?? And you know I think it's so cool to get new boobies!!!
I've always been a member of the itty Bitty Titty Committee. It's great. Bras are so cheap, easy to find and comfortable!!! I can even get away with just an undershirt type thing. okay, maybe I'm in the miniscule dept but I had big ones when nursing my boys and hated it!!!!

I am so glad to hear that you are doing welll and keep such a great attitude. And laughter does help!!! You are a strong woman and CAN handle this. I have great faith in you. Please let us know what we can do to help!!!
Remember 2 of my sisters went thru this and did remarklbly well.

good luck
ellie

Carola...so glad things went well. I have had you in my thought and prayers. I share the half Swedish with you...:D...More prayers for a speedy recovery...:)

Carola,
Just wanted to add more thoughts and prayers out to you for a speedy recovery and also kudos to you for being so brave! What an inspiration you are!!

Brandi

Carola, I'm so glad your surgery went well and that you are back home! Wishing you a speedy recovery!! Take care!

I'm happy to hear your surgery went well and you're home so soon! I love your positive attitude. IMHO attitude has much to do with a speedy and complete recovery. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jacque:)

Carola, thanks so much for letting us know how you're doing. I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well, and your positive attitude and great outlook are truly inspiring. Speaking of which, I thought about you all weekend while I was gone, and especially as I did my CCPP workout, which kept me going as I got fatigued. Lots more ((((hugs))) going your way, and again I'm honored to welcome you to our "itty bitty" club!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.