Hey guys

hiitdogs

Cathlete
Just wanted to check in, now officially a member of the Itty Bitty T!tty Club and let you know that I made it back home. Surgery went well, my doctor said they got everything out. Just need to wait for the results if any of the lymph nodes were affected.

I don't think I want to go back to that hotel :p I had a great view from my bed overlooking the Phoenix skyline but the bed was uncomfortable and the food .......ahem, let's not even talk about that. They need a new chef :D

Don't want to complain, the nurses were great, everyone was so nice and we had a par-tay with all the nightshift nurses hanging out at my room, talking about Germany, my dogs, my cheerleading squad and Cardio Coach.

Ahhhh, it's so wonderful to have a nice cup of tea, all propped up on the sofa with DH's laptop and my bestest buddy Tuxedo next to me.

Just wanted to thank you all again for the thoughts, prayer, well wishes and good vibes.I am so grateful for all of you.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the time with their families.

I will check in again later.

Last edited:
Carola-I'm adding you to the things I'm thankful for this year!!! I'm glad to hear you're doing well and that the surgery went well! CONTINUE to keep that attitude!!! Quick healing vibes comin' at ya! And give Tuxedo and cuddle for me!

Gayle

Hi Carola,

Good news on the surgery results. I'm sure you're glad to be home.

Sending continual good thoughts your way as you recover...

Carola,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers these past few days. I'm so glad to read that you are home and everything went well.
Praying you have a speedy recovery(((soft hugs)))..

Hey Carola,

I'm so glad the surgery went well! Sending more speedy healing vibes your way. Your wonderful attitude will do you worlds of good. Take care and thanks for taking the time to check in. We're all thinking about you!

Glad to hear it went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Nothing beats having a great husband and a great dog by your side to help you out.

Annie

Carola - thanks for letting us know how things went. I didn't even realize what was going on because I wasn't reading the OD faithfully. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Congrats having the surgery over with and being home.

Carola, it does my heart good to know that you're feeling upbeat and back home again, where you can get your fill of puppy kisses and bask in the love of your DH and your children. Take care and rest easy. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers. *MWAH* and a very gentle hug.

OH MY GOD-you're HOME?!!! No rest for the weary! Carola,if its not prying, did they do a total mastectomy or just lump? Around here, they seem to just do lumps, but some of my friends went total anyway (even on both sides if only one side had the cancer...).....if its prying, ignore me, just wondering so I can have more information for people...

WOW girl..

Oh, and hospital food - believe it or not,its often catered from restaurants (ours comes from Marriot's source)-but has to be cooked till kingdom come per health codes...so blech.

Are they waiting for the path to come back before putting you into chemo/radiation??
We'll be here to kibbitz with ya through it all though!

Are you 100 percent German? My husband is 1/2, and 1/2 Irish - can you imagine a more tortured soul????One side likes everything neat, organized and orderly and the other half couldn't give a sh...darn....

Well, glad you're home and cancer is in the incinerator....where it belongs.

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound. :) You were in my thoughts and my inspiration this morning brave lady!

Hi Carola - Glad to hear you're home and doing well. I hope your recovery is lightning fast.

I think dogs make the best nurse maids. :)

Carola I have been thinking about you and hoping you would check in, although I thought it would be a little early to hear from you yet, but wow, here you are! I am glad you have your pups around you, there is almost nothing better or more soothing than doggy love :) You have such an incredible attitude. Take care.

Dear Carola,

It's sooo good to hear from you, and to hear that you're doing so well after your surgery yesterday! Continuing to send you prayers and hugs!!!

Carola - thanks for letting us know so quickly! Glad you are already back home, and that all went well. I've been thinking about you and saying my prayers!

Carola, it's so great to hear that you are home.

I've been thinking about you a lot and sending healing energy your way.

I'll keep up with the continual prayers for your healing.

Becky

Carola..I'm so happy to hear that you are back home already recuperating where you are most comfortable. Nothing speeds healing more than a positive outlook, a loving family and of course puppy love and cuddles. :D

Many more healing thoughts and gentle {{{HUGS}}} coming your way!!

Rest, Rest, Rest!! :);)

It's great to see your very positive note, and so soon! Thanks for posting and letting us know that you're doing so well. Stay cuddled up with your sweeties -- the best medicine, indeed! Still sending prayers and all good thoughts!

Allison

Carola, I was thinking of you yesterday!! I'm so glad to know you are home and in good spirits, continue to take care of yourself and update us when you can!

Such wonderful news! from the sound of it we all had a good time sweating our a$$es off during CCPP and know you felt all the love and support from your Cathe forum family. Continued healing and prayers! So glad you are doing so well!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.