Hey all you crocheter's!

Janie, it's not that. I've redone two different areas of this top and have followed it to a "T". For instance, with this next row that I'm on it says to sc in the first 2 ch space. There is NO 2 ch space with the previous row that I worked on. The entire pattern has no 2 ch space where I'm at. I am stumped. I don't know if they mean to start on a different area of the top or stay where I'm at. It does not say to "finish off" so I assume I am still working on the same rows.

Debbie, I crochet some and it sounds to me the sc in the 2 chain space, the 2 chain space should be the fiist space of the last row you just completed. Did the previous row start with a dc? That could be your 2 chain space. if you haven't figured it out, pm me and I'llgive you my fax and see if ican help you:) Kay

Debbie, I crochet some and it sounds to me the sc in the 2 chain space, the 2 chain space should be the fiist space of the last row you just completed. Did the previous row start with a dc? That could be your 2 chain space. if you haven't figured it out, pm me and I'llgive you my fax and see if ican help you:) Kay

No, it ends with a sc, that is what baffles me. The stitch I'm suppose to do in this 2 ch sp will not fit in the sc that is there. The next stitch is a 3 ch sp.

EDITED: I pm'd you, Kay.

Last edited:
That is such a cute top!
I cannot be much help without seeing more of the pattern, but have you tried searching for errata for the book? Often you can find a page of pattern mistakes and what they should say.
HTH,

Dragonfly brought up a good point. Maybe you're supposed to work in the 3 ch sp, but the pattern accidently printed it as a "2" ch sp. Especially since the entire pattern hasn't mentioned a 2 ch sp previously.

That is such a cute top!
I cannot be much help without seeing more of the pattern, but have you tried searching for errata for the book? Often you can find a page of pattern mistakes and what they should say.
HTH,

Where can I find this errata? I don't understand where I would even look for that.

did anyone else know that kay & debbie speak chinese??!!! :D

LMAO!!! :eek:

Dragonfly brought up a good point. Maybe you're supposed to work in the 3 ch sp, but the pattern accidently printed it as a "2" ch sp. Especially since the entire pattern hasn't mentioned a 2 ch sp previously.

I ended up working it in the space right under the sc. It looks ok so maybe that is what I'm suppose to do.

Now I'm having problems with the back of this pattern! I'm ready to say SCREW IT!!!!! :mad:

I'll get it, at least I'm writing down notes as I go along in case I ever want to put myself through this pattern again. LOL!

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

I had a pattern for a crocheted top I downloaded off of Knitting Daily which confounded me to no end so I feel your frustration with this particular pattern. I ended up scrapping the project altogether. I like for my knit and crochet projects to help relax me, not make me more frustrated!

You would need to check with Patons to see if others have reported an error in that particular pattern or you could try posting your questions to boards like the ones at knittersreview.com or crochetville.org.

I had a pattern for a crocheted top I downloaded off of Knitting Daily which confounded me to no end so I feel your frustration with this particular pattern. I ended up scrapping the project altogether. I like for my knit and crochet projects to help relax me, not make me more frustrated!

You would need to check with Patons to see if others have reported an error in that particular pattern or you could try posting your questions to boards like the ones at knittersreview.com or crochetville.org.

Hi Joyce, I did post to Patons like three days ago and haven't heard a darn thing back. :mad: Talk about great customer service.

Yes, I'm ready to scrap this entire project but I really like the top and now it's personal, you know? I need to figure it out! LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.