Hey all you crocheter's!

This is kind of an odd thing to put out here but I thought I'd give it a try. You never know, right?

I am working on a top from Paton Heat Wave booklet:

http://www.patonsyarns.com/patternbook.php?PBS=500808

It's the third top down (coral colored one) and I am having such a horrible time trying to figure this out. I am an advanced crocheter so this is really frustrating for me. Has anyone, by chance, done this pattern? If so, can you let me know and I'll ask the questions I have if you can remember how you made it.

I am so frustrated, I've been working on this thing for two weeks now and I keep having to rip it out and start over. :mad:

Any help - or if you know where I can find help - would be greatly appreciated. I've emailed Paton and haven't heard back from them. I highly doubt I will. :(

How cute! I've only done hats and scarves, so I'm not much help, but I believe we have other experienced crocheters on the forum.

Bumping in the hopes they'll see the thread. :)

I've crocheted quite a bit but I am not familiar with that pattern. Have you tried going to a local yarn shop? The ones around me have really helpful ladies who don't mind sitting down with you to help with a pattern.

Debbie

I'm also advanced in crochet. Love this top! Sometimes, if I have someone read slowly one word at a time to me, I can get it. Or read it out loud to yourself slowly and deliberately.

I've never done a top before, but it seems like I could help. Instructions can be pretty tricky.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
Debbie

I'm also advanced in crochet. Love this top! Sometimes, if I have someone read slowly one word at a time to me, I can get it. Or read it out loud to yourself slowly and deliberately.

I've never done a top before, but it seems like I could help. Instructions can be pretty tricky.

Janie

Janie, do you have a fax machine nearby? Maybe I could fax you the pattern and tell you where I'm stuck. Let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't. Is there something else we can do?

If we can't, I still think if someone reads the instructions to you as you crochet, you just may get it. It works for me most of the time.

Janie
img]http://images.meez.com/user/4/7/6/0/8/8/4/4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif[/img]

I can't offer any help, but hey, wanna make me the white one? lol
Just kidding, but good luck!

Unfortunately I don't. Is there something else we can do?

If we can't, I still think if someone reads the instructions to you as you crochet, you just may get it. It works for me most of the time.

Janie

Janie, it's not that. I've redone two different areas of this top and have followed it to a "T". For instance, with this next row that I'm on it says to sc in the first 2 ch space. There is NO 2 ch space with the previous row that I worked on. The entire pattern has no 2 ch space where I'm at. I am stumped. I don't know if they mean to start on a different area of the top or stay where I'm at. It does not say to "finish off" so I assume I am still working on the same rows.

wow! I am impressed

I can't even sew but I always wanted to learn. How do you learn this? Is there a website, a book or something you can suggest? I would LOVE to be able to do that and I know I can learn anything and it's never too late. And you just inspired me. Any suggestion on where to start?

thx... I hope I get an answer... I am so impressed!

wow! I am impressed

I can't even sew but I always wanted to learn. How do you learn this? Is there a website, a book or something you can suggest? I would LOVE to be able to do that and I know I can learn anything and it's never too late. And you just inspired me. Any suggestion on where to start?

thx... I hope I get an answer... I am so impressed!

Unfortunately my mom taught me so I didn't learn from books. Now I'm just able to follow just about any pattern you throw in front of me (EXCEPT THIS STUPID ONE!!! :mad: ) LOL!

There are a lot of books out there for beginners, though. But I can't help you on which one to get.

Darine, crochet DVDs are an excellent place to start. Amazon carries 2. Books are helpful once you get familiar with stitches and how patterns are written, but it's hard to learn from books alone.

Some crochet veterans have posted tutorials on YouTube. I've used those a few times! :)

Debbie, those are cute! I've crocheted quite a few doilies, table runners, etc. and a couple of afghans. Never made a top. I have a fax that I think I might be able to get to work if you want. PM me if you still need help, I'll give it a shot.

My Mom taught me too, but I attribute most of my talent to genes!

Darn, I just remembered we've been having phone issues so we disconnected it (it's VOIP). I won't have a phone to that fax until Thursday night. Sorry!

Darn, I just remembered we've been having phone issues so we disconnected it (it's VOIP). I won't have a phone to that fax until Thursday night. Sorry!

Ok, Lisa. That's ok. I just pm'd you. I do still need help and if I still need help with it on Thursday I'll get a hold of you.

Thanks anyways!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.