Help!!! Previewed Powerstrike 2 & 3 ->>Terrible Quality!

LuvCardio

Cathlete
Hoping you Powerstrike experienced pros can give me some hope on my new Powerstrike videos I recvd tonight. I previewed both of them. Millenium 2 looks really good and tough.

However, the quality on #2 is absolutely terrible! It looks like it was filmed with a REALLY BAD digital camera. There is a ton of static. I can really hear it because we have surround sound in our family room where I work out. It is REALLY annoying. Even if I turn the surround sound down/off it is still staticy. Also, their faces are really blurred (particularly the instructor on the left) . The music is totally muffled.

#3 looks like better quality but not as fun or hard! ;(

I am totally bummed out! I am still planning on doing #2 in the morning because I am guilty of overtraining with the intensity series so the kickbox change should do me good! But I am seriously considering sending #3 back to them! I ordered the DVD anyway and they sent me the #3 VHS! If the DVD isn't any better I don't think I really even want it.

Just wondering if this is how the quality always is with Powerstrike? I seriously think I could have done better with my own digital camera! Or wondering (hoping) maybe I just got a bad tape???

Sure makes us appreciate Cathe doesn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I dont have surround sound so I'm not sure how much that has to do with anything, but I have Powerstrike 1 and 2 both on vhs and have no problems at all with bad production or static. Bad tape possibly??

Stacy

I didn't receive any bad tapes from them but there quality isn't as good as SMN...period.It's just like it was taped at an aerobics class.:)
At the sametime I really enjoy #3.#2 is harder for the upper body but I LOVE the kicks in #3 because they are more controlled and intense.But if you don't think that you will like it send it back.No point in keeping tapes that you aren't going to use.There are other videos out there you can buy,right?;-)
Pam

I have all three and they are all just fine. You probably got a bad copy, unless your surround sound may be making a difference and causing the "static sound". You could try changing the setting on you audio on your tv and maybe that would help.

A lot of people have had bad luck with their customer service and video delivery, but I was lucky, I had a really good experience with them and I really do like the workouts (especially on days when I need to keep the impact looowwww!) I have only done #3 once, but I think I liked it. I need to do it more to see for sure. At the time that I did it, I liked it :+

I hope you get yours resolved! Good luck!

Linda

RE: Help!!! Previewed Powerstrike 2 & 3 ->>Terrible Qua...

I've had all 3 Powerstrikes, still have 2 and 3. The production quality isn't the best but there's no buzzing or static or muffled faces on #2. It sounds like you have a defective copy. I'd send it back. As for getting VHS on #3. So far as I've heard they haven't released the DVD yet. I've previewed 3 but haven't done it yet. It doesn't look nearly as intense as #2. That one is my favorite. More fun kicking combos and they don't work one side to death before switching like they did in #1.

What is Powerstrike? If I may be so bold and ask?!

thanks

Annette;-)

Thanks gals. YOu made me feel a lot better. I e-mailed them and got a response. They said they are having problems and will send me a new video. The frustrating thing is they knew there were problems and they still sent the videos.

They also said the DVD is still delayed. I will be reluctant to ever order from them again with the bad customer experience I have had. I ordered the Millenium 2 VHS and Millenium 3 DVD on 1/5/03 and am still dealing with them in getting a quality product. They mailed me hte Mill 3 VHS instead of DVD. But they said it was just to get me by until the DVD came????

Weird! Sure makes us appreciate Cathe:)

Hi to all !
I have got an email from them and I was told the new dvd 3 will be available on the 5th of February at Homeworkout.
I had preordered it months ago directly from them and I was suggested, to speed up the process, to cancel the order with them and to place it again at Homeworkout when it will be available.
Just wished to let U know in case U want to do the same....

Ciao ! :p

Samantha

Hey All!

I'm always on the lookout for good kickboxing workouts, but they're hard to find. What level (beginner, intermediate, int-advanced, advanced) is Powerstrike targeted for? Does anyone have any timing breakdowns for the workouts? Are they more like Janis Saffell or Billy Blanks? (I gave my Billy Blanks tapes to my niece and I got bored quickly with Kathy Smith, but I still pull out Janis once in a while and I love Cathe's tapes.) I've been reading about them on the postings, but I don't know enough to be able to decide if I'd like them. Collage doesn't carry them. Which one is the most advanced? Any help would be appreciated. I hate getting burned buying tapes/DVDs I end up not liking. Any other suggestions for good kickboxing workouts?

Thanks!

I realize this thread is old, but i just got Powerstrike 3 on dvd last week. i previewed it just now and i really like the music ....that said, WHAT IS UP WITH THE ARMPIT CLOSEUPS??????????
They need a new camera man(or woman) in the worst way!

jes:eek: x(

>Thanks gals. YOu made me feel a lot better. I e-mailed them
>and got a response. They said they are having problems and
>will send me a new video. The frustrating thing is they knew
>there were problems and they still sent the videos.

They may only be having problems with some of the videos, and don't know which ones those are until they get complaints. I also think that Illaria IS Powerstrikes right now, and she doesn't have a staff to take care of things.

I LOVE Powerstrike, especially the Pre-Millenium workouts, which are tougher, IMO, but which have really sketchy sound and visual quality (very "home movie" filming).

I did my Millenium 2 workout the other day, and the sound was crackly (didn't notice it before). It helped for me to change the audio settings on my DVD player to "normal" instead of stereo. The crackling disappeared!

Kathryn,

I got Powerstrikes 3 on DVD and I loved it! I have tried to purchase the older videos, which powerstrike says they do not sell anymore. I did end up getting Powerstrike 1 which is only on video and it is poor quality.

I remember reading on these forums years ago how good the other workouts were, I should have purchased them then. Do you know if they plan on filming in the near future?

Cheryl

I used to have Powerstikes 2 (received it in a trade), but the sound was so horrible that I gave it away.

Shelbygirl

> Do
>you know if they plan on filming in the near future?
>
>

Cheryl, I'm not sure when, just "later this year."
And I'm not sure how many. Patricia is no longer with PS, so it will be Illaria and some background exercisers. I'm hoping it's a series rather than just one or two workouts. And I hope they finally get someone who knows how to work a camera better than their 10-year-old nephew (I'm not sure who films it, but that's the impression I get on some of them!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.