Help me choose DVDs today, please!

LadyLep

Cathlete
Hi!

I finally see one of my DVDs that is on the daily deal and worth it. (Yesterday did have one, but it was only $2 off today a different one $5 off.) OK, here's what I have:

Body Max 2
HiiT
Travel Fit
Muscle Endurance (from Fit TV)
Kick, Punch, Crunch (from Fit TV)
Legs and Glutes (from Fit TV)
Stretch (from Fit TV)
Chest and Back (from Fit TV)
Step Blast/Step, Jump & Pump
Imax 2/Cardio & Weights
Rhythmic Step/Max. Intensity Cardio/Interval Max
Core Max
Hardcore Extreme
Muscle Max
Drill Max
4Day Split

I really would like to get some shorter ones as I have 4 boys 1-10 years and I homeschool. But I have lost 85 from baby #4 and 5 more to be pre pregnancy. But I'd like to lose another 10-15 after that. I'm 5'8" and 41. My abs (which are weak) and glutes need work! My upper body is strong and looks good as long as I work! But there is some back fat there that does need some work.

This is in my cart:

Gym Style Chest & Triceps Workout DVD
Gym Style Legs Workout DVD
Gym Style: Back, Shoulders and Biceps Exercise DVD
Intensity Workout DVD
Timesaver Exercise DVD
Butts and Guts Exercise DVD
Neo Ankle/Wrist Weights - 5 lb (2.5 lbs per ankle weight)
STS Total Body Workout DVD (I'd need to buy a pull up bar)
Fitness Multi-Use Gloves (mine are 15+ years old and same price as Target)
2-in-1 Power Medicine Ball and Kettlebell - 8 Lbs (I don't have one)

I only need 10 to qualify for the 20% off, but now I feel like I should go down to 5 and just get the 15%, do I really need the Gym Styles? I really want the timesaver and Intensity and B&G. But what are really must haves? These are on my wish list too:

Low Max Workout DVD
Imax 3 Workout DVD
Low Impact Circuit Exercise DVD
Step Moves Exercise DVD
Slide & Glide Exercise Discs
AfterBurn Workout DVD
Slide N Glide Workout DVD

Thanks for your input! I would like to buy today if I'm getting Intensity!
LadyLep

Hi there!

Here is what I would suggest based on what you have and what you feel you need to "work on":

-You have all wonderful weight training DVD's to tone the back & arms. So I would say bi-pass the gym style UB (they have great reviews if you want to order them for the future. I understand that you need to be selective)

-Gym Style Legs is THE BOMB if you want a wonderful, thorough leg & glute workout! A "must have" for LB!!

-Yes to Intensity! You get everything in this workout (step, hiit, bootcamp) and it blasts mega calories! Premixes are great too.

-Afterburn is a keeper. You get a fantastic low impact metabolic workout, toning, and it works the legs and glutes SO well! I always get DOMS in my LB after it.

I don't have Timesaver or B&G so I can't comment on those. You have Hardcore Extreme, so perhaps you don't really need Imax3 or LowMax just yet (I love Hardcore hi/lo!!).

Hope this helps! Perhaps another person can give their advice too!

Happy shopping! And congrats on your amazing weight loss too!

Natasha

Hi LadyLep,
The Time Saver DVD has 5 workouts varying in times of 37-48 min.
All workouts also have a workout blender!
The 1st workout has step from SJP & Chest & Tricep exercises.
The 2nd workout has Combo 3 from Step Blast & HI/LO from SJP & Back & Ab exercises(Ab work on Stability Ball).
The 3rd workout has Step Combo's 1 &2 from Step Blast & Biceps & Abs on Ball
The 4th workout has Intermediate & High Intensity Drills from KPC & Shoulder exercises!
The 5th workout is all legs from Legs & Glutes with Abs & Planks!
Some of the weight exercises were not seen in the Body Blast Series & were done specifically for this disc!

Butts & Guts has Standing Leg work along with Floor work using the Stability Ball & ankle weights. The core work uses optional ankle weights & hand weights & is 14 min. There is also a Bonus Stability Ball workout & add ons Sit'N'Stands & Leg Press & Ball Glute Squeezes! There are 4 Premixes that are 48-64 min long!

Gym Style Legs has a main workout of Standing & Floor exercises that can also be done separately. Has 2 premixes that are 34-49 min.
Gym Style Back Shoulders & Biceps has some band work & varying tempos. Has 2 premixes that are 36 min
Gym Style Chest & Triceps has 2 premixes, one is a Timesaver 33 min & the other is a Chest & Triceps Supersets 32 min.

Low Impact Circuit has 3 Circuit Cycles that are step combo, step blast, legs & upper & finishes with Abs! Also has a Bonus step of 11 min(can be used as an add-on) & 6 premixes ranging in times from 31-66 min including a all 4 blasts add-on(10 min).
These are absolutely great workouts & some of my favorites!

Slide & Glide & Intensity & Afterburn are also great choices! I hope this helps some & sorry I rattled!
Congratulations on your weight loss:)(I'm also done 85 LBS)
Cathy

Just wanted to add that you don't really NEED a pull up bar for STS Total Body, and it's a GREAT workout!!!

ok, here is my two cent.....i think most of these dvds will work, b/c just about all of them have premixes that u can do for a shorter but still effective workout......since u have lost 85 pounds i'm sure u did it with good nutrition along with the workouts, which is what u will have to continue to do to lose the back fat u talked about and tone up ur lower body, b/c u really can't "spot" reduce (i wish we could tho:))....u just have to continue to work out, eat right and burn the fat that surrounds those areas to reveal that beautiful muscle tone that's underneath....not saying that u can't do exercises that "target" those areas, but doing workouts for those areas and hoping that the fat just comes off those areas may be a set up for disappointment, b/c i know for me the fat seems to come off of other areas first and then those "problem" areas for me....so n e way u just really can't go wrong with cathe dvds (imo).....so happy shopping and i hope whatever u decide helps u reach ur goal:)

Choosing DVDs today: Workout blender?

Thanks for all the replies!!

How does the workout blender work? I looked at the tutorial yesterday and can see how to create a workout on my computer. But I see that it's on my Imax2 DVD or maybe it was another one, I'm not sure.

I have whittled down my cart to $130:

Intensity Workout DVD
Timesaver Exercise DVD
STS Total Body Workout DVD
Fitness Multi-Use Gloves
2-in-1 Power Medicine Ball and Kettlebell - 8 Lbs

Do I need the medicine ball for the abs in Core Max? I've been using a dumbbell for those and it's a little awkward, but doable. Maybe I'll take that out and put in another DVD, like Low Impact Circuit, Afterburn or Slide and Glide (and then I'll have to get the discs as well...)

If I don't need a pull up bar for STS total body, what is a good substitute? Or do I just skip those exercises?

Thanks for the encouragement on weight lost! I tend to gain a lot with my pregnancies: 63-73 with the first 3 and lost it all in a year, thanks to breastfeeding, working out and eating well. I think I gained more with this one because the midwives finally let me have medicine for my throwing up all the time. So this time I only threw up maybe a dozen times the entire pregnancy, which is amazing for me. I too wish we could "spot" reduce. But I know that only doing step workouts and weights w/o abs more than once or twice a week isn't enough for my abs. Can't you work your abs daily? Isn't it other muscle groups that need a days rest?

Thanks!
LadyLep

What are DOMS?

OK, I placed my order! I will be very upset if one of my DVDs goes lower than $5 off of something. :) The only thing that would would be the time saver. Here is what I ended up getting:

Intensity Workout DVD
Timesaver Exercise DVD

I noticed that the gloves said they ran small so I figured I should try them on first. I have big hands across the knuckles. :) Now I should go to bed so I can get up early (I need to get up at 5/5:30 to get a weekday workout in before the kids wake up!)

Thanks for all your help!
LadyLep

OK, I placed my order! I will be very upset if one of my DVDs goes lower than $5 off of something. :) The only thing that would would be the time saver. Here is what I ended up getting:

Intensity Workout DVD
Timesaver Exercise DVD

I noticed that the gloves said they ran small so I figured I should try them on first. I have big hands across the knuckles. :) Now I should go to bed so I can get up early (I need to get up at 5/5:30 to get a weekday workout in before the kids wake up!)

Thanks for all your help!
LadyLep

Just wanted to say you made some GREAT choices! Enjoy! B&G and GS Legs are great lower body workouts. B&G has more of a fun factor with it, but they both target the lower body tremendously. STS Total Body was a recent purchase of mine. Love! I don't own the STS series (yet ...), but I feel this gave me a nice little taste. Time flies with that DVD! (and expect some doms!) For the longest time, Low Impact Circuit always found a place in my rotation. I don't know what it is about that workout. Suffice it to say, it just makes me smile (through the sweat!). -Kara-

Hi.. i was wondering wheather to get high reps or not.
Also wanting to get gym style legs. Can anyone tell me there thoughts on these two? I hope im not butting in. I dont know where to post thhis quetion. Thanks.

ReneePruitt said:
Hi.. i was wondering wheather to get high reps or not.
Also wanting to get gym style legs. Can anyone tell me there thoughts on these two? I hope im not butting in. I dont know where to post thhis quetion. Thanks.

I just did High Reps last night...I love it! I usually prefer doing splits, but when my schedule doesn't permit, I switch to total body workouts and when I do, this is always the first one I do. Fun music and it really works you, especially the tris (oh yes, the tris). Is definitely more for endurance, so you get some cardio benefit, too. And it uses the sliding disks for a few moves, which is fun, if you don't have those, you can use paper plates or furniture sliding discs, like moving men. Oh, and even though it uses lighter weights, don't be fooled into thinking it's easier....it's not, it's just hard in a different way. :)

GS Legs is also awesome...it's one of my favorite lower body workouts and I don't think you'll regret this purchase. It uses heavier weighs than Hi Reps and also gives you some cardio benefit. I would cry if the DVD ever broke! I've had to lay off lower body workouts for a while and am just coming back to them, but can't wait to get back to this one, because I swear it does great things to my behind (as in lift).

I hope you are able to get both and you enjoy them as much as I do!

Thanks! Yes i want both! Lol what do what to do! Different types of workouts so i NEED both. Thats a good reason.... isnt it! Lol

i second what trixoo said.....both are so awesome but in a different way....GS legs is gonna leave u soooooo sore.....in a good way....hope u njoy them:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.