HELP! I need to make a decision about this Chicago Road Trip

Well, I haven't been to a RT yet, however, I think I can answer some of these questions:

1. Don't worry about not knowing any other cathletes, we're Cathletes we bond over sweat.

2. I would not bring your family, I wouldn't want to be worried about someone else during that time. After all, if they aren't there to workout, what are they doing???

3. I don't know the answer. All I know is that I have always read that the RTs sell out.

4. Don't wear brand new shoes, take body glide, bring extra changes of clothes, and extra pairs of socks. Don't workout at least one to two days before hand, you will be blitzed by Cathe when you get there. Bring a camera!!!!

5. Nope, not from Chicago. (dang it!)

My 2 cents for you: My first and only RT was Disney. I'm an introvert by nature and was almost petrified to tears to go. At the first class there were a couple groups of people hanging out before class and I had this sinking feeling I wasn't going to talk to anyone all weekend. Boy was I wrong! I'm not even sure how it happened, but before I knew it I had met people that I was looking forward to seeing at every event. The only tears were the good kind!
I live nowhere near Wisconsin and I can't stand cold weather (here in Virginia, Spring is in full effect in April), but I'm still considering going again! ;)

-Lisa

LthePoet said:
My 2 cents for you: My first and only RT was Disney. I'm an introvert by nature and was almost petrified to tears to go. At the first class there were a couple groups of people hanging out before class and I had this sinking feeling I wasn't going to talk to anyone all weekend. Boy was I wrong! I'm not even sure how it happened, but before I knew it I had met people that I was looking forward to seeing at every event. The only tears were the good kind!
I live nowhere near Wisconsin and I can't stand cold weather (here in Virginia, Spring is in full effect in April), but I'm still considering going again! ;)

-Lisa

Lisa! We should go together!! :D

My 1st RT was Houston (2nd Disney). I knew NO ONE. By the Sunday at breakfast I had 100 new best girlfriends and I cried on the way home. At Disney I was very excited to recognize some people from Houston and get to know them better, plus made lots more new girlfriends.

Had I gone with my family, I would not have made so many new friends and the trip would have been a completely different experience. I recommend that you leave the hubby and kids at home (you can do a family vacation later). This is NOT the time to be a wife and mother; this is GIRLTIME!!! I have to say that I have described this trip to many people (who just don't get it) that this is the ultimate GIRL POWER weekend! And you will go home feeling so energized, so refreshed and so inspired; you will experience an endorphin high like you have never dreamed of!

Seriously---leave the family at home and have just 1 brief weekend where it is all about YOU!

Some of us Michiganders have been looking forward to the Chicago road trip, too, knowing we'd probably never make it to NJ!

Looking forward to the chance to get to know others who enjoy Cathe's torture . . . er . . . fitness sessions!

Sherry, I'm a Michigander too! Where in Michigan are you located? I'm very interested in going...Husband is behind me too! Just need to make the 'decision'...and SOON!

Lisa- LOL...I know! We've done that drive before, I have lots of family in CHI & Milwaukee.

Jill- I've been considering it for years! I've always said I'd go to a CHI RT in a heartbeat, but DH is undecided if we're taking a trip to Dallas during that same week! :confused: The RT announcement was so sudden!

Oh I didn't know you hadn't been on a RT before Kiki. All the more reason to come! :) Maybe NJ if not Chi?

Cathe just posted that there are about 80 signed up after 30 minutes, so there is still room.

As much as I want to go, I'm still deciding, mainly because of the money factor. My hubby is considering coming along but he would not participate in the workouts. Would he be able to come to dinner with me if he paid for his own? I have never gone on a RT so I'm not sure how this all works.

Thanks!
Brenda

Lisa and Tequila, did you do it??!! Are you going?? (say "yes, yes, yes"!!!!) Come on, ladies! You know you want to!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.