Heavy Pyramid similar to BODY BEAST ??

smiles4383

Cathlete
I LOVE my Cathe workouts.
I MISS my heavy gym-style pyramid workouts.
I'm SICK of the same ones over and over from my Cathe Library.

Any chance of the next series being a HEAVY GYM-STYLE PYRAMID series?
I keep seeing the infomercial for Body Beast and wishing I had a 'CATHE in the lead' option.

Any hope of that?

I LOVE my Cathe workouts.
I MISS my heavy gym-style pyramid workouts.
I'm SICK of the same ones over and over from my Cathe Library.

Any chance of the next series being a HEAVY GYM-STYLE PYRAMID series?
I keep seeing the infomercial for Body Beast and wishing I had a 'CATHE in the lead' option.

Any hope of that?

Hi Terry,

You have a vote from me.
I am supporting your suggestion.:):):)
Like the quote on your signature.
Everything else is details indeed.;)

I'm doing GYM STYLE for the next three weeks.
This morning I was just wishing that they were in PYRAMID STYLE.

Maybe someone will consider pyramids for the next series - or even a mini-series for those of us who desire it.

The new style of workouts - circuit style - are great - but I keep losing muscle mass doing them.
I wish I had known that was going to be the result and I would have alternated circuits with gym-styles (there are lots of old Cathe gym-styles and I LOVE THEM)

Are you referring to losing muscle mass with the most recent RWH series?? I didn't find that at all but I guess everyone's different...Or perhaps I misunderstood your post.
Jamie

Jamie,
NO.
I'm asking if we could get another PYRAMID STYLE series ~ similar to Pyramid Upper Body/Pyramid Lower Body:
http://shop.cathe.com/Pyramid_Upper_Body_and_Lower_Body_Exercise_DVD_p/522.htm

I love these workouts, but they do get old.
I do have STS and there are pyramids there, but I do STS once a year already and would like another series, different from the last 4yrs.
The circuit workouts are nice, but I miss the gym styles.

Whatever Cathe comes out in her next series, will not be a copycat of some current infomercial that's all the rage at this time.
Her series are classic styles with an innovative twist, challenging, fully researched and timeless.

Gibbee offered a great suggestion.

Whatever Cathe comes out in her next series, will not be a copycat of some current infomercial that's all the rage at this time.
Her series are classic styles with an innovative twist, challenging, fully researched and timeless.

Gibbee offered a great suggestion.

Cathe does not copy....She's the one WHO get copied:):):)
Fully researched and safely delivered to home exercisers.
Fact fairly stated IMO:)

Last edited:
I never mentioned Cathe copying anyone.
I asked if she would come out with ANOTHER of her fantastic Pyramid style workouts.
Something that doesn't have to be premixed to accomplish what I am looking for.

I have ALL Cathe's workouts.
I would just like another one that is based on pyramid style - without having to 'chapter' to accomplish it.

Jamie,
NO.
I'm asking if we could get another PYRAMID STYLE series ~ similar to Pyramid Upper Body/Pyramid Lower Body:
http://shop.cathe.com/Pyramid_Upper_Body_and_Lower_Body_Exercise_DVD_p/522.htm

I love these workouts, but they do get old.
I do have STS and there are pyramids there, but I do STS once a year already and would like another series, different from the last 4yrs.
The circuit workouts are nice, but I miss the gym styles.

I really like the Pure Strength, Gym Styles, PUB and PLB stuff because they truly were/are different from so many of the workouts on the market (even withing Cathe's own vast collection). There's a LOT of metabolic workouts to choose from out there today. Whether or not they are called metabolic workouts or not depends upon the era in which they were released, but there's certainly no shortage of them available. (Technically, there are even some workouts from the 1980's that could be justifiably called metabolic workouts, assuming they're done with enough intensity/weight.) Just IMHO, there are far fewer split-style workouts to choose from that are actually enjoyable, meant for the serious weight-lifter willing to work hard (but who does not go to gyms themselves), totally work the muscle groups at hand to exhaustion, and that truly give great strength gains over time.

Sometimes I simply feel like only getting in some good weight-training for one to three body parts and burning those muscles the heck out that day, but NOT with a bunch of stepping or jumps or trendier stuff mixed in. There is nothing wrong with adding in stepping, jumping, etc. I know we need new exercises, or we won't change and grow as athletes. There are definitely days where I go for mixed-bag workouts and/or ones where I'm getting to use my "toy" (discs, etc.) I'm sure there's some brain quirk where I want to do a particular type of workout that day, but I think Cathe knows better than anyone we need many types of training to stay happy and fit. We need the workouts with lots of unique and quirky moves, and we need ones that are more "classic". After a month or two, I always have to switch off from splits to total-body programs, or I plateau (mentally and physically). I can't speak for anyone else, I just love the classic stuff and want more like them! New music, perhaps some new pacing, a few new moves here and there (maybe not requiring loads of equipment beyond barbell/dumbbells)...but using classic pyramid or bodybuilding splits.

I personally started Cathe workouts in 2005 or so because they fulfilled my desire to get in both cardio and weight-training, but were quite different from The FIRM (my workout system of that time). The FIRM mixes in weights with virtually every workout, and didn't do many workouts at all that were straight anything. As in an hour of step, an hour of legs that wasn't mixed in with cardio and abs and other stuff...no, not back then. Cathe really took me to the next level because my body had never had to train for the type of endurance and strength her workouts required. At that time, Cathe was still pretty much separating weight-training and cardio from each other. There were a few exceptions, but I kind of like that she did that. I still kind of like going into the hour saying, "I'm going to be stepping for sixty minutes during this workout" or, "I'm hitting the weights hard and heavy for the legs in the next sixty minutes." It's great that there's the variety. Sometimes separating out cardio and weights can be refreshing in it's simplicity. A lot of people - me included - desperately need and want that simplicity on occasion. I think many of us Cathletes look to our workout time as "me time", but we are also busy and sometimes feel a bit frenetic. :) A simple, well-planned workout that we can get in the zone with mentally...I would venture to guess that many of us are looking for that, at least some days.

Sorry for this rambling post. I think what I'm trying to say is old-school is not bad, not in my eyes. I love putting in an older Cathe workout like Step Max and just getting into "me and the step" for an hour. I love my toys as much as anyone, but there are days when I want to not need them, when I may not want to think that hard or whatever. There's nothing wrong with using techniques that are up-to-date and using what works well for the metabolism. I adore what Cathe has done, her entire body of work is superb. However, I think sometimes people need something that's designed not just with weight loss in mind. Please don't bash me up the head for that statement- y'all know I've lost a lot of weight, and I never want to waste time when exercising. :D I do think we need also need workouts that speak to something greater than sheer metabolism or results at times, a sort of workout Zen that you can get into. For me, that often happens with classic Cathe workouts.

This whole post probably sounds like a complaint, but it really isn't. Just some classic workouts would be greatly appreciated, at least by me. :)

I really like the Pure Strength, Gym Styles, PUB and PLB stuff because they truly were/are different from so many of the workouts on the market (even withing Cathe's own vast collection). There's a LOT of metabolic workouts to choose from out there today. Whether or not they are called metabolic workouts or not depends upon the era in which they were released, but there's certainly no shortage of them available. (Technically, there are even some workouts from the 1980's that could be justifiably called metabolic workouts, assuming they're done with enough intensity/weight.) Just IMHO, there are far fewer split-style workouts to choose from that are actually enjoyable, meant for the serious weight-lifter willing to work hard (but who does not go to gyms themselves), totally work the muscle groups at hand to exhaustion, and that truly give great strength gains over time.

Humble opinion shared:) Gym style pure Strength is on my wish basket for upcoming series.
I really would like another split on a six days format. This is something no one has produced for home exerciser.

My suggestion is a 6 days split working each muscle group per day.
I think a 6 days split on a pyramid would be very challenging.
I actually suggested this a while ago;)

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/more-split-program-6ds-concept.295712/

Humble opinion shared:) Gym style pure Strength is on my wish basket for upcoming series.
I really would like another split on a six days format. This is something no one has produced for home exerciser.

My suggestion is a 6 days split working each muscle group per day.
I think a 6 days split on a pyramid would be very challenging.
I actually suggested this a while ago;)

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/more-split-program-6ds-concept.295712/

Oh, I like the 6-day-split suggestion! I saw one years ago in a bodybuilding magazine that I've always been intrigued by, although I've never tried one quite this specific myself.
M: Back
Tu: Chest
W: Legs
Th: Shoulders
F: Arms
Sa: Glutes
Su: Rest

They recommend some daily stretching, core work three times a week, and cardio three to six days a week depending upon one's goals.

Oh, I like the 6-day-split suggestion! I saw one years ago in a bodybuilding magazine that I've always been intrigued by, although I've never tried one quite this specific myself.
M: Back
Tu: Chest
W: Legs
Th: Shoulders
F: Arms
Sa: Glutes
Su: Rest

They recommend some daily stretching, core work three times a week, and cardio three to six days a week depending upon one's goals.

Yes leg twice. probably leg+quad emphasis and leg+glute/hams emphasis:)
I would swap Thursday and Friday having just worked shoulders the day before.
To give shoulders a break before assisting Arms work on Friday.:)

Accordingly I would slot leg in between chest and Back;)

Yes leg twice. probably leg+quad emphasis and leg+glute/hams emphasis:)
I would swap Thursday and Friday having just worked shoulders the day before.
To give shoulders a break before assisting Arms work on Friday.:)

Accordingly I would slot leg in between chest and Back;)

Yes, I always have to train legs twice a week. I've tried the once-a-week thing. Uh-uh, not the technique of choice for my build. I think ladies with naturally great gams can do the once-a-week thing and probably be fine. And I have to do some hip thrusts or another exercise for the glutes daily, or I start to lose that nice firmness and roundness. Sigh. I remember the days when my booty stayed inflated all by itself, but no more. Well, I could inflate it through eating a lot, but that's not the good kind of inflation! I also need LOTS of deadlifts these days, or my glute/ham tie-in goes to pot seemingly overnight. Yeah, my legs make me antsy. I can never seem to train them enough!

I think I could handle the shoulders/arms back-to-back, but I have strong shoulders from years of doing The FIRM. The classic workouts from them were insanely delt-centric. I also have lots of endurance naturally, the trade-off being that I have no natural speed. My arms and shoulders also get so much work from my heavy college backpack that I'm pretty immune to that type of pain! :D

I would love an updated Pyramids set! These were favorites of mine. Hmm, maybe I'll have to pull them out this week...it has been too long since I've done them.

Just love your suggestion. : ) I am just getting back into lifting after a break of nearly two years and I have to incorporate pyramid or descending ladder alone to maintain muscle(even though I have not gotten to heavy weights quite yet). I am naturally a willowy/wafey body type with thick thighs.
I also have to agree that it is a challenge to find this OUTside of the gym where many home workouts are all about calorie burning, HiiT etc.

Last edited:
I must say I am DEFINITELY loving my current rotation with a pyramid focus.
Sadly, it is NOT Cathe.
While I do love Sagi, the workouts themselves are NOT up to the caliper of any of Cathe's workouts.
The rep speed varies within each exercise - not intentional, just not good choreographing.
The counting is ALWAYS off --> So glad Cathe has help keeping us on count while she gives pointers.
The rest periods are out of synch. Cathe has never slighted one side over another on me.

I think my current program is giving me the jones for my next rotation....which is STS.
(albeit, there are a few glitches in STS that drives me nuts - like when one cut has dark-haired girl going left when Cathe has just gone right)
But, all in all a great program.

I still am hoping for a NEW PYRAMID SERIES.
I wouldn't mind if it were on a 6-day split....and yes, I would add an extra day of leg conditioning.
Barre legs as a matter of fact - my non-Cathe favorite is P57.

A girl can hope.......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.