Healthy foods you just CAN'T stomach

Cottage cheese, tofu yuk yuk yuk!!!! Liver..the only time I could tolerate it was when I was pregnant and only because my doctor told me I needed to eat it.

I remember as a child my mother served liver for dinner and I wouldn't eat it, well, she saved it for my breakfast..I still wouldn't eat it. Then she served it for my lunch still a no go(mind you she wouldn't give me anything else in the meantime.) Thank goodness at dinner the second night my father told her that was enough and to just throw it out and give me something else.

Kathy

Beets - ick!! Phoo!!! No matter how they're done, they taste like dirt.

Cooked oatmeal/cream of wheat - gag. It's a texture thing. I can eat uncooked oats.

Bananas - the texture, and they make me burpy. I can do them whizzed up in smoothies - fresh or frozen - but no way, no how fresh out of the peel. Icky!!!

Nan

I am also a beet hater; I have tried them a million different ways. They always make me a tad nauseous. Something about how they feel in the mouth. Also papaya. Which I really wish I liked. Ick.

Don't mind beets at all, I have even juiced them. What I can't stand is eggplant, such a beautiful vegetable, but I can't stomach the taste and texture. My mom is French and use to make Ratatouille all the time, I hated it! I kept telling here the dish was named after the sound made by the kids in France spiting this dish out of their mouths. Yuck.

I love all these foods : ) when I was little I asked for beets for my birthday every year. I don't like liver and onions but liver in a pâté is oh so good. I encourage you to go to the world of spreadable meets, it's delicious.

Sarah

Banana's... they literally make me gag. Can't even stand the smell of them.

Never tried beets so I can't say that I don't like them.

Don't like tomatoes, peppers, green beans, peas. I will eat green beans and peas if they are mixed in with other stuff in a soup. Not a fan of cottage cheese.

This is only naming a few of my dislikes. I have gotten better though through the years.

I LOVE beets! Raw, juiced, roasted, steamed, dehydrated.... yum! I have never tried rhubarb, so can't comment on that. Avocado.... Daily......Mmmmm....So yummy, so many ways! I love fresh fruits, veggies, quinoa, hemp, chia, flax, you-name-it! Plant-based whole foods. Love! :)

Soy Milk

I really hate soy milk. I'm glad their other options for those lactose intolerant such as almond, hemp and coconut.

Don't mind beets at all, I have even juiced them. What I can't stand is eggplant, such a beautiful vegetable, but I can't stomach the taste and texture. My mom is French and use to make Ratatouille all the time, I hated it! I kept telling here the dish was named after the sound made by the kids in France spiting this dish out of their mouths. Yuck.

I love all the foods everyone listed (okay I don't LOVE liver, but I can tolerate it) but not eggplant. People tell me I just haven't had it prepared right, but I have tried it in high-end restaurants and multiple instances at home and nope, never gonna like it.

I do love Ratatouille though. I just substitute more zucchini for the eggplant. I love Ratatouille in a bowl, on pasta, in pita bread, etc. I make big batches and eat it all week long for lunch.

Wow, I like all the dislikes mentioned so far except for liver {ick}.

Me too! I didn't realize I was so diversified in my tastes. Some of the things many of you can't stand, I eat every day! Cottage cheese.... I just finished a big ol' helping. I eat a banana a day. Interesting... I wonder if it has anything to do with how we were raised to eat. My mom served anything and everything.

There really isn't anything I won't eat. The liver isn't my fave, but it's okay to eat if I am in a situation where it's served.

Last edited:
It was fun to read everyone's dislikes :D.

Besides the 2 that I mentioned, I love most (if not all) of the other dislikes. Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, brussels sprouts, eggplant, I love em' all :p. As far as liver, I remember eating it as a kid but I'm not sure if I liked it or not :confused:. One thing is for sure, I love food :p and will try anything once :D.

Too funny!! I literally just came in from the kitchen, where I put a pot of beets on to steam!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!

I want so badly to like avocados, but I just don't. I can't stand the texture.:confused:

Have you tried this? 1/2 avocado and milk and sugar/splenda? Or if you are ok with it...its amazing with condensed milk...blend.

I don't like EGGS. Unless they're boiled or eggs benedict. Fried eggs or scrambled makes me push away from the table. IDK why.

I'm in the love beets catagory, but hate cottage cheese. I like all veggies and fruits. I've eaten so much of them I think it's getting harder for me to digest meat when I do have some.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.