Has anyone seen United 93 yet?

honeybunch1

Cathlete
I want to see it for sure, and it's gotten good reviews. Anyone of you seen it yet?

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

No, but we are taking the in-laws to see it tonight. I think we'll need a couple tissues! I can't wait to see it and I am glad they approached EACH of the families before doing the movie. They said each family approved. I'll check back with you and let you know how it was. Happy weekend all!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Yes, saw it last night. Even watching it, it is hard to imagine what those people must have gone through. Or more puzzling is what makes someone like the terrorist think that this is an OK way of dealing with your hatred of another country.

Jean

My DH is not there yet, even now. He still can't watch anything about that day. I'm starting to think that he may never be able to. It got excellent reviews.
-Nancy

Nzncy -

Didn't you tell us that your DH worked at the WTC and was not there that day because your were getting married?

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

It was a good movie...sad, sad ending OF COURSE! The movie got quite intense from pretty much the beginning which captured the Twin Tower's horror...I cannot imagine what went thru all those people's minds. It was hard to watch. Even my DH said his heart was racing. Nancy, I can understand why your DH would still be struggling with it all. Such a tragedy.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I might be with your DH Nancy...I just think it is and always will be way too soon...god bless the families involved..:)

There is a movie on Sat night flight 93.I have seen it. It is way too sad...
My heart went out to those people.
I live a 1/2 hour from shanksville.
I have 1 thing to say.
The military blew up that plane.There were no big pieces on the ground , and no big holes.Bodies were in trees.They were in pieces.
It was heading to the white house, so they say..so there is no doubt in my mind that they did.
I can't watch it again.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

I really have to disagree with your assessment about the military blowing up the plane - what proof do you have? I think it's irresponsible to be making statements like that unless you have something besides opinion to back it up.

HB-
Yup, my DH worked in the WTC. We were married in May, but finally got time to go on our honeymoon that week, so we were in London on 9/11. DH lost a lot of co-workers that day, several of whom had been to our wedding. And he had no time to grieve, because he had to go right into disaster recovery mode, starting right in London, and then non-stop for months, recovering the back-up data in the computers.

I don't know if he will EVER be able to watch anything having to do with that day.

-Nancy

I saw the movie on Friday. It was hard to watch. I've had a difficult time watching anything at all on TV about that day but I really wanted to see this movie and I am glad that I did. I detest films that propagandize and those that seek to score points about 9/11 in particular. United 93 was presented almost in documentary fashion with no political axe to grind. I almost felt as if I owed it to the heros on that plane to see and experience, as much as I possibly could, what happened to them that day.

Wo.
Have you seen the crash site?
Well let me tell you when a plane comes down it comes down and . At makes a hole.There are also big pieces.At least one of that size.
There were no big pieces and bodies in trees.
How do you think they got up there, JUMPED!!!!
If you think our country tells us everything,you are a but nieve.
I am sure the people tried to take the plane,but it was blown in mid air.
Do you honestly think that they would let it get to the white house?
It just so went down in an unpopulated area.
It is called politics .If the american people knew they deliberately killed our people there would be an uprage.
It is called TOP SECRET....
CAll me a fool and i tell you you are stupid.
I hate being mean , but you are pi**in me off.
Anne

I think that my husband is ready for this film. He works in NYC, and for the longest time he was having a very hard time with everyting about 9/11. But this film is different, and we may actually go and see it tonight.
PS: No politics, please.

And I repeat, where is your proof? I'm not calling you a fool, I'm just asking you to back up your statement.

DH and I will not go see this movie. We don't like the idea of capitalizing on tradgedy. To me these people are the true heros of 9/11. Why cheapen what they did by making a movie out of it, documentary or not. I guess that's the American way.

This is just my humble opinion. I did not lose anyone to this tradgedy. If I did, maybe I would feel differently...I don't know. If someone tells me that the proceeds of the film went to the families...I might feel differently.

Hey Candi....One of the national talk radio show hosts (who saw the movie early)said that 10% of the total take for the move will go to a fund for the families......but as far as I know that is the only place where I heard that....

Donna

I thought I heard that 10% of the profits for the opening weekend would go to a fund for the memorial site. I could be wrong about that, though.

Erica

This is such a hard one. I probably won't be able to ever see this film, only because I find this so upsetting. I do respect the fact that this film was made to show what we as Americans are really about, and that the families gave it their blessing. Maybe one day, but not yet.

I have nothing but the utmost in respect for these people, their families, and anyone touched in some way by this horrible tragedy. It really has changed our world, and that is so sad.

Let's think about these people and their pain, and not about our own agendas, whatever they may be. You will only tarnish their memory, and that is not what any of us want.

Nancy, God bless you and your husband, and all those other families out there who suffered in this terrible time.

It is a great movie and a very moving experience. There were no "stars" (although you kind of wanted Bruce Willis or somebody to jump into that pilot seat during the final segment); these looked like normal people you have flown with. It was intense about the same way Schindler's List of The Passion of the Christ were intense. It made you grieve, and it made you furious.

I don't know that it is necessarily "evil" for people to make money for putting out a movie that accurately portrays a historical event. I didn't hear a lot of criticism about the people who made money on Schindler's List. Nor did devout Christians complain about Mel Gibson and others making money from The Passion. These were stories that those who produced them wanted to tell.

I can understand that for some people this may be too soon and hit too close to home. I believe that for many of us, it's a way to remember that human beings can still rise to the occasion when necessary. I hope I would have that kind of courage within myself! And for those who weren't around on September 11, 2001, this movie does a fine job of presenting the facts without editorial commentary.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.