Has Anyone Ever Intentionally Mispronounced Your Name????

Elle, this guy really sounds like a complete dick.

A-Jock

Yup. That pretty much sums up how i feel about the way he behaves not only to me, but everyone else.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply! Everything you have said validates that i'm not being overly sensitive about this.

Normally, I'm very outspoken and would have told him off a long time ago. In the interest of not offending the whole family and coming off as a complete B!%*@ I have been biting my tongue but that hasn't resolved the issue. I really don't want to have a huge blowup but it's not in my nature to just keep my mouth shut.

His main problem is he's a narcissist and it seems like most people let him get away with getting attention at the expense of others. I've seen him do this in different ways to other people.

I'm also pretty sure he doesn't have a thing for me since he's gay.;)

Maintain your dignity at all times. I can't stress this enough. You really must. Call it the British way but...

Don't stoop to his level, as tempting as it is, you'll just add fuel to the fire. Bullies et al hate being ignored so just ignore it, ignore it, ignore it. You'll have the last laugh then :)

Do remember to "keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

When he mispronounces your name again, don't hear the mispronunciation. He's loving winding you up and upsetting you. Is he worth that? NO!

Take care.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.