Harry Potter fans - the HBP trailer is here!!!

materialsgirl

Cathlete
I think we have a few HP fans around here. :) In case y'all haven't heard or seen yet, the trailer for the Half-Blood Prince movie is out now. Looks AWESOME! Very dark and sinister.
http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/halfbloodprince/teaser/HP6_Large.asx

Also, JK Rowling is releasing a new book - Tales of Beedle the Bard - which HP fans will recognize as the collection of stories about the deathly hallows (from the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, of course). You can pre-order a copy now - the standard edition, or the collector's edition (oooooo!) - it will be coming out in December!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000179911

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think we have a few HP fans around here. In case y'all haven't heard or seen yet, the trailer for the Half-Blood Prince movie is out now. Looks AWESOME! Very dark and sinister.
http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/halfbloodprince/teaser/HP6_Large.asx

Also, JK Rowling is releasing a new book - Tales of Beedle the Bard - which HP fans will recognize as the collection of stories about the deathly hallows (from the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, of course). You can pre-order a copy now - the standard edition, or the collector's edition (oooooo!) - it will be coming out in December!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000179911

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for posting the link Emily. I have already booked the day off of work to go and see the movie:D.

Carrie

I just saw the preview too. I can't wait!!! On a similar note, anyone else running out to get the new Twilight book tomorrow???

the trailer won't load for me! :(

Is anyone else having trouble with it?

ETA It finally loaded. Maybe it's getting too many hits. Oh boy -- I can't wait to see this one! I better get busy and finish my books. I was never interested in HP, and then my nephew made me promise to read the books and HOLY WOW!! I'm hooked!

Last edited:
It was rather "skippy" for me, and all I really saw was the green "preview" thing at the beginning. It stayed onscreen forever - LOL.

You know, I should probably go rent the HP DVDs. I've never seen them. But I'm reading the series for the second time right now!

Yay! We can always count on you to keep us posted on HP events, Emily. :D I tell ya, I recently listened to all the HP books on CD (I'd already read the actual books) and it was so fun to hear them all again. They're really so good. Right now I'm reading the Twilight series, and while I enjoy it, it pales in comparison to HP. ;)

I just saw it yesterday, and I loved it. It looks like the kid playing the young Tom Riddle is really good. Can't wait for November.

ITA Lainie! While I am enjoying the Twilight books and very much looking forward to reading the last one tomorrow, they pale in comparison to HP. They are much more "fluffy" in the writing style. JK is an amazing writer!

Yay! We can always count on you to keep us posted on HP events, Emily. :D I tell ya, I recently listened to all the HP books on CD (I'd already read the actual books) and it was so fun to hear them all again. They're really so good. Right now I'm reading the Twilight series, and while I enjoy it, it pales in comparison to HP. ;)

It looks like the kid playing the young Tom Riddle is really good.

I agree! He looks like he will be VERY good at playing evil... which is kind of disturbing for an 11-year-old child, but I digress. ;)

Shannon, the HP movies are all very good, as movies. But I should warn you that the further into the series they get, the more they diverge from the books. I love the movies, but am always disappointed by details that are changed, or are left out entirely. However, I also know that JK Rowling has to approve all the screenplays before they ever go to filming, so if they're good enough for JKR, then I guess they're good enough for me. Sorry about the rambling - I guess my point is, definitely watch the movies, but just know they are different from the books. :)

Hmmm. Emily, I don't know if I can handle that - LOL. I watched the first Lord of the Rings and kept thinking "wait a minute - what about this, and they left out that and...." So I never saw the rest of that series. I guess I should just treat it as an entirely different story, huh?

I guess I should just treat it as an entirely different story, huh?

You almost have to because towards the end they REALLY start leaving out a lot. POA drove me NUTS because of all they left out and it only went downhill from there. I do love the movies and the characters in the movie (except for the new Dumbl., can't stand Gambon in that role), but I wish they could have stuck closer to the books.

You almost have to because towards the end they REALLY start leaving out a lot. POA drove me NUTS because of all they left out and it only went downhill from there. I do love the movies and the characters in the movie (except for the new Dumbl., can't stand Gambon in that role), but I wish they could have stuck closer to the books.

Agreed 100%!!!! There's so much they have to leave out because otherwise the movies would be 5 hours long... but it SUCKS because those of us who have read the books 20 times want to see EVERYTHING included in the movies. Not that we're difficult to please or anything! :p

And I HATE Gambon as Dumbledore - he's too cold; he doesn't have that twinkle in his eye. No one can ever play Dumbledore like Richard Harris - RIP *sniff*. :(

Agreed 100%!!!! There's so much they have to leave out because otherwise the movies would be 5 hours long... but it SUCKS because those of us who have read the books 20 times want to see EVERYTHING included in the movies. Not that we're difficult to please or anything! :p

I kind of wish they would do these later books in two installments. There are so many little details that get left out that mean something later. We all know JKR doesn't just put details in for the heck of it!

Carrie

I kind of wish they would do these later books in two installments. There are so many little details that get left out that mean something later. We all know JKR doesn't just put details in for the heck of it!

Just FYI, the last book (Deathly Hallows) will be done in 2 movies. Thank heavens, because there's simply no way they can get by with cutting half the book out - nearly everything in that book is CRUCIAL to the plot of the entire series.

Just FYI, the last book (Deathly Hallows) will be done in 2 movies. Thank heavens, because there's simply no way they can get by with cutting half the book out - nearly everything in that book is CRUCIAL to the plot of the entire series.

Thank goodness! I can not think of much in that last book that wasn't crucial to the plot. Just when you would think "what does that have to do with anything?" it would have to do with something:D.

Carrie

And I HATE Gambon as Dumbledore - he's too cold; he doesn't have that twinkle in his eye. No one can ever play Dumbledore like Richard Harris - RIP *sniff*. :(

ITA! No twinkle whatsoever. Richard Harris was better, but I would have liked to have seen Ian McKellan (Gandalf, Magneto) or Patrick Stewart (Dr. Xavier, Captain Picard) in the role. More twinkle from both of them.

I agree that you have to think of the movies as separate from the films. In a way, I wish I had waited until I'd read all of the books before seeing the movies, rather than seeing each movie as it came out. Once I'd seen some of the characters in the movie, it was hard not to picture the actors as I read the books, rather than the picture I used to have of the characters in my head. It bugs me when that happens.

This is my all-time favorite book in the series, so I'm very eager to (but also anxious about) seeing it on the big screen... I LOVED OotP the movie, so I'm hoping for good things for this one too, especially since David Yates directed it as well, but I'm nervous about the original screenwriter being back. I don't think it's a coincidence that my favorite film in the franchise so far is also the only film in which he was not the screenwriter :-/.

That said, I'm still looking forward to it, and I'm hoping David Yates works his magic again. And, dare I hope, that they continue with the "Ron's not a wimpy goofball" theme anymore that they started in OotP the movie? I have to say that was my favorite part of movie #5 (and quite possibly the influence of Michael Goldenberg, the screenwriter for #5--why oh why couldn't they have gotten him back? Wah!!), so they'd better not regress Ron.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.