Lunges 25# DB - 16/16
Step Ups 25# DB 12/12
Push ups - 12/10/8/6
BB Rows 45# 16/16
tricep dips 15/15/
shoulder 21's 10# front / side / rear
crazy 8's 12 #

Gotta run, out of town the remainder of week

Today was steady state again. Boring. Last week of this, next week I'll be able to bump it up a bit. Maybe do some Cardio Coach workouts.

I also did the ab work from Muscle Endurance.

Cardio stats:
46 minutes
38 minutes in zone
230 calories burned
2.5 miles travelled

Got my long johns on, it's cold outside!!! Riding my bike because I'm sick of gas prices. It's only 50 degrees but I'm doing it anyways!!!

Good Morning Hottie Maniacs!!!

Had a very good workout yesterday and feeling it this morning:

LEGS
Squats:
190# 6x's
210# 6x's
180# 10x's
170# 12/12
(these felt good and getting stronger..went up 5# on all)

Sissy Squats
3 sets of 12

Static Lunge
120# 6/6 (extremely hard and my face was blood red..hehe)
110# 10x's
100# 12/12
(started feeling alittle dizzy, but more sips of water and alittle extra protein did me well)

Leg Extensions:
80# 12/12
(same as before)

Deads:
110# 12/12 up 10# for the sets of 12.

AB WORK:
Modified Raised Feet Crunch
40x's
Long Arm Weighted Crunch with 10#
2 sets/15
Toe Touches
2 sets/16
Pulse ups
2 sets/16
Flutter Kicks
40x's
Seated Ab Crunch
2 sets/16
Oblique Crunches
2 sets/40's (each side)

Today I am gonna work biceps/back. I have a mammogram scheduled at 10am and have some cleaning to do as well.

Morning Maniacs,

I am a little upset that shoulder did not like the arm movements in the cardio today. No pain just an ache.:( Anyway, did Amy's ASC 3 through to the combined 3 & 4. Wanted to go longer but had to get up early and took me a little extra time to feel ready to workout, so I got in 60 minutes.

Debbie - Have you taken your test yet?

Char - How in the world are you doing squats with that much weight?

Dallys - If you stop in just wanted to say Thanks for the website, I am really loving it. It is so easy compared to others I have tried! :D

Hi Everyone!:)

Been MIA, I was off work all week and yesterday. I had MAJOR problems with my son. He okay now and I’m okay. I haven’t worked out at all. But, lost a few lbs surely it was due to the stress. I have so much work here to do it isn’t funny. I need to get home Internet back on today. I will talk to you guys later this week, hopefully I can report a workout tomorrow, ttyl

Morning Hot Maniacs-

Not too much going on today.. but sometimes I feel like I haven't earned my OFF day and am guilty and feel awful if I don't do somehting :)

Did do KPC last night for about 35 mins cardio

Legs (quads/glutes)-
Sissy Squats 3 X 10
Close Squats 3 X 15
Sissy Squats 3 X 10
Side Lunges 3 X 8 w/ pulses
B&G Style Firewalkers X 3
Calves

Ab's-
Bike
Leg Lifts X 3
Flat FLoor Leg Lifts X 3
Floor Top Crunches X 3
Ball Exchanges - 15 reps (that was enough!)

Will be doing some cardio later Im sure since I took sunday as my off day.

Teddygirl- good luck getting back on track - nice to have to back here :)

Morning Maniacs,

I am a little upset that shoulder did not like the arm movements in the cardio today. No pain just an ache.:( Anyway, did Amy's ASC 3 through to the combined 3 & 4. Wanted to go longer but had to get up early and took me a little extra time to feel ready to workout, so I got in 60 minutes.

Debbie - Have you taken your test yet?

Char - How in the world are you doing squats with that much weight?

Dallys - If you stop in just wanted to say Thanks for the website, I am really loving it. It is so easy compared to others I have tried! :D

Linda,

I have a smith machine. Other than that it really isn't so bad. I can't explain it. How do you bench what you bench???? I wanna know your secret! hehe

Morning Hot Crazy Maniacs! This morning I did the Power Squeeze segment of Squeeze. I then added another stretch segment and then added Slim Series express Cool it off. All that stretching felt wonderful! Just puts me in a good mood. I'll be going on a bike ride as soon as it warms up a bit. Trying to decide if I want to do a hard one up in the foothills or an easy steady state on the canyon trail. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Linda- Thanks! I'm loving the website www.myfitnesspal.com I just can't get over the great data base of major AND minor brand foods and restraunt foods it has . I went to Red Lobster yesterday and before I went I looked up their foods in the data base and it helped me make some good decisions. I skipped the rolls as they are 160 cals. a piece and you know how easy it is to eat a couple of those before your meal even gets there.

Teddy- I hope everything is ok with your son. Sounds like you been major stressed!

Everyone else- Gosh, you are all doing some great workouts!

Oh! One other thing. When I was at Red Lobster, I went to the rest room and was shocked at how good my arms looked in the mirror, I'm like, "is that me?" LOL! I'm getting great definition! I've almost lost my bat wings too!:eek:

Good morning!

This morning I did Tony Horton's One on One again - the band one. Once again he cracked me up, even though I'd heard it all before. :) My knee is MUCHO better today. I have some DOMS in my quads and I'm pretty sure my glutes and hammies will be feeling today's workout. I just LOVE the pushups too.

Dallys - Did you really HAVE to tell us how many calories were in those Red Lobster rolls??? :mad:

Debbie - What test are you taking?

Teddygirl - I'm sorry for what you've been going through. Good to see you back.

Great workouts you guys. You rock!!!!

Good morning!

Dallys - Did you really HAVE to tell us how many calories were in those Red Lobster rolls??? :mad:

Yes! And I think I mentioned that that good Costco Pugliese bread has 150 a slice! You can't just have one roll or one slice of good bread...It's terrifying! :eek:

Char - Unfortunately I don't have any great secrets to share on the chest press, all I can say is I push as hard as I can! LOL! Those are some impressive squats. I would be afraid to go that heavy, my legs are not huge now but I certainly don't want them any bigger than they are. :p

Dallys - I love that website too. I finally might succeed in tracking my food because that site makes it so easy! Which is what I need to do to get the results I want. So you are getting great results with the high rep workouts? Maybe I should consider them since I have to lighten up here for a while due to the shoulder.

Teddy - Nice to have you back!

Teddygirl - Sorry you have been going through a rough patch. Hope all settles down soon!

Dallys - Too cool on noticing your arms in the mirror! Isn't that a great feeling!?

Suz - I'm taking my test to get my license for my motorcycle. It's the riding test.

Char - Excellent leg workout girl! You are a true maniac!

Dallys - I love that website too. I finally might succeed in tracking my food because that site makes it so easy! Which is what I need to do to get the results I want. So you are getting great results with the high rep workouts? Maybe I should consider them since I have to lighten up here for a while due to the shoulder.

As you know, I was not happy (I'm the oddball here) with how bulky I was getting lifting heavier. I was just felt puffy and big and none of my shirts fit comfortable, my pant legs were tight, etc. That's when I decided I needed a major change in what I was doing. I'm really happy at how my body is changing with this high rep thing I'm on. Seriously, I'm losing layers of fat and my muscles are tight and firm and defined, I love it! My clothes fit much better. I've lost 4lbs as of today and at least 2% body fat, but it looks like more to me. I've been doing full-body with light weight (no more than 10 lbers.) almost everyday. I think this is the key (for me) to not getting bigger, but still looking like I have muscles. Plus, I've remained injury free and lifting heavier was causing me injuries, rotator cuff, tennis elbow, sore knees, bad neck, to name a few. I do remember when I had these injuries that the higher reps were'nt good even with very light weight (to much repitition) and I just had to completely avoid some exercises until they healed.

Workout is done. I spent quite awhile on the phone with DH today.
I started my workout with AMy's In the Ring, then I did Rumble combos 1,2,1&2, and 3, I went on to do Amy's Hi/Lo KO abs segment, then Tracey's Core Blast standing with weighed gloves and 10# med ball, stability ball segment, planks, and pilates, I finished with the cooldown and stretch from Rumble using 3# hand weights. For Cardio I burned 648 calories(517 was from In the Ring). Total calories burned was 925 and 55% fat.

Teddy, so sorry you had problems with your son. I hope you have everything worked out.

Suz, I have been looking at some of Tony's one on one workouts. Do you have the abs one?? I thought the one that you can take your workout with you looked like it might be good too. Are these good? They look like they might seem very unedited type of workouts. Is there music in them?? Just curious as I was thinking of picking up a couple of them.

Dallys, that is cool that you are getting definition in your arms:D You must be doing something that is really working for you.

As you know, I was not happy (I'm the oddball here) with how bulky I was getting lifting heavier. I was just felt puffy and big and none of my shirts fit comfortable, my pant legs were tight, etc. That's when I decided I needed a major change in what I was doing. I'm really happy at how my body is changing with this high rep thing I'm on. Seriously, I'm losing layers of fat and my muscles are tight and firm and defined, I love it! My clothes fit much better. I've lost 4lbs as of today and at least 2% body fat, but it looks like more to me. I've been doing full-body with light weight (no more than 10 lbers.) almost everyday. I think this is the key (for me) to not getting bigger, but still looking like I have muscles. Plus, I've remained injury free and lifting heavier was causing me injuries, rotator cuff, tennis elbow, sore knees, bad neck, to name a few. I do remember when I had these injuries that the higher reps were'nt good even with very light weight (to much repitition) and I just had to completely avoid some exercises until they healed.

This is an excellent example of how you need to find what works best for YOU!!! And you did it! Nice going Dallys!

Meals for today:

Low Calorie Day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (post workout)
M2: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 2 - 4 oz. turkey patties on 1 slice 12 grain bread; 1 tbsp. raw almonds; plum
M4: Light yogurt; Zone bar
M5: Chipolte Tilapia; Sauteed veggies w/ 2 tsp. parm cheese
M6: Squash Omlette

1868 calories (1800 goal)
59 g. fat - 29%
166 g. protein - 36% (201 g. goal)
178 g. carbs - 38%

Dangit. Did not meet my protein needs today. I'm trying some new foods and they aren't working out well for me.

Hey Hotties! Just got back from my bike ride. I went for the harder one (you know, Maniac and all) and boy was that a mistake! Internet and my car said it was only 75 degrees, but come to find out it's 90 (I don't do 90!)! I rode a very hard climb for about 30 min. then started to get nauseous, so I turned around. Darnit! Guess I'll go for the easier cooler ride tomorrow. At least I got in a good climb.

This is an excellent example of how you need to find what works best for YOU!!! And you did it! Nice going Dallys!

Yep, so far it's working and giving me the look I want. I'm going to continue with it for the rest of the month, maybe longer, and then we'll go from there. :)

Dallys, that is cool that you are getting definition in your arms:D You must be doing something that is really working for you.
Diane Sue-I'm not sure what it is that doing this to my arms. I have been doing a lot of body weight exercises, maybe that's it.

Last edited:
Teddy, sorry about those problems with your son.

Dallys, that's great your workouts have been working so well for you! yay!

i guess today would be active rest for me. I did Ravi and Ana's Ultimate Stretch. I spent a lot of time on the phone earlier, so I really haven't gotten much done so far. I need to get my second cup of coffee and get to work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.