Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Wed 10-14

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Envy Girls by Michael Carson, Legs & Arms. Workout was 60" and I burned 430 calories. This is done on the beach and I needed that on this gloomy morning here in NE Ohio. I was not motivated to work out this morning so I thought the beach setting would be nice.

I remember liking this DVD last time I did it and I actually got sore (which is rare). Don't know why it took me so long to pull it out again. It has some really unique moves and moves that mimic KB swings with a DB (for which I could always use my KB). My favorite move...that gets my biceps are these dumbell throws that you do...plus they are fun.

Have great workouts everyone.

Last edited:
Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did Step Blast...but I have been getting in my workouts so late now...geez. :rolleyes: Was fun to do..love that workout.

Today is 4DS Shoulder workout repeating rounds except for Round 3, I believe.

Lora,

Your workout sounds like it would put you in a good mindset with the beach scene. Nice going though.

GM Ladies-
Yesterday was Cardio X. Workout was 40 min and I burned 400ish calories. I was not in the mood to workout but did it any way. Today and tomorrow are going to be pure hell @ work. I'm already tired and ready for the weekend.

Today is a chalean circuit. I may try to add kb moves on the end like Lora suggested.

Lora-Did you get AHB yet? I'm very interested to hear your thoughts. I looked it up online and it looks like pretty cool. Did her blog workout get you any results?

Theresa

Theresa - I only did the Blog workouts a few times each.....so I can't speak for results, but I was sore from them, they were fun and burned mega calories. My AHB did not come and I emailed Valerie again, as people who ordered 5 days after me are getting theirs! I hope I don't have to wait for them to come back in stock cuz my order is lost! I'll be really MAD!!!

Today I chose some yoga and stretching so I did two Karen Voight workouts. One was YogaSculpt and the other was the stretch routine from Yoga Focus.

My left hip flexor is really tight, I think it's from climbing up the ladder while painting my mom's kitchen. It sure looks good. I made it an Italian theme. Kind of Tuscany looking. I love it and I can't wait for her to see it. I'm done with the painting and all I have to do now is mop the floor, clean the cabinets and decorate it.

Morning ladies - all that talk yesterday made me dig out my Ripped 1000 workout. I did the entire thing. I have no idea how many calories I burned because I hate my HRM. My hr did get up there though. I used very low weights and tried to make it a cardio workout.

Take care and have a great day! Lora, it is really gloomy here too.

This morning I did my workout and came home and did some stretching and foam roller. I was holding dumbbells and raised one arm up while holding the dumbbell to look at my HR monitor because several times I caught it not working. Anyway, I sort of torqued the middle of my back. Feels like someone came and slugged me in the back :?
When I got to the house to pick up my granddaughters I found out the oldest has the flu now. I was hoping we were done with it. You know I have been in their house several times since DD was sick and yesterday had both of the girls with me.
Workout this morning was STS disc 23 legs meso 3 week 4, then Low Impact Circuit Cardio premix skipping the w/up and doing the abs and stretch. When I came back to the house I did STS extended stretch and 22 minutes of Lawrence Biscontini foam roller workout.
I will try to get back here in awhile and post my weights and eats. It has been very busy lately around here.

Debbie, you are so sweet to do that for your mother. I am sure that she is going to love it:D

Lora, it is gloomy here today too. I could sure use some sunshine today. Did you do Extremely Ripped 1000 yesterday? I don't remember seeing a post. I read the higher weight post. For myself I am afraid if I went that heavy and then tried to do weights the next day I would feel weaker the next day along with being more prone to injury/overtraining.

Meals today:
Post workout-1 1/2 scoops Aftershock
Breakfast- New Clean Eating Cookbook Spanish Eggs
Lunch-left over Clean Eating Magazine Turkey and Tomatillo Chili(this was good, I used jalapenos instead of the chipoltle peppers0
Dinner- Roasted Turkey Breast and salad
Snack-Jan/Feb09 clean eating magazine cheesecake( I just put a little strawberry simply fruit spread on top as I didn't want to make the mango pineapple topping)

STS legs; trisets
leg press- I used 26# dumbbells held in both hands 10 reps
wall squats- 16# dumbbells 10 reps
one leg slide back lunge with gliding disc- 26# dumbbells 10 reps
repeat 2 more times

barbell stiff legged deadlift on 6# step-92# 10 reps
side slide lunge with gliding disc- 26# dumbbell 10 reps
narrow stance squats- 37# dumbbells 10 reps
repeat 2 more times

45degree lunge same leg-36# dumbbells 10 reps
plie squats alternating hands-1st set 56#, other two sets 46# 10 reps
low plane lunge same leg-26# dumbbells 10 reps
repeat 2 more times

3 sets 20 reps calf raises- 35# dumbbell

Last edited:
Diane Sue - what is Aftershock? No, I didn't do Extremely Ripped 1000 yet. I might do it tomorrow ....or maybe I'll try The Pit Skills and Drills or any other number of DVDs in my pile for tomorrow. I always stack a bunch up and decide in the AM. I really want to try Skills & Drills, but I'm not sure if I can work it in the basement and have enough room. Also, the thought of doing burpees on the cement doesn't appeal to me........guess I'll just have to suck it up, huh?

Lora, Aftershock is a strength and recovery drink by Myogenix. It has a non steroid STACK, BCAA's,an Antioxident blend, and Glucosamine chondroitin with MSM, 32 gm protein. I usually only take half a serving size. I sometimes use it in the mornings post workout since I am always running out the door and have to wait to fix something to eat. I wouldn't want to to do burpees on concrete. Do you have some puzzle mats or something down there? I sometimes lay out a stack of dvd's I have in mind for my cardio too. The only thing is sometimes I tend to take to long deciding which one I want to do when I get up in the morning LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.