HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS THURS 1-7

buttercup78

Cathlete
Wow, it is REALLY cold here. In fact it has not been this cold in Tulsa since 1996-I was in high school. Anyway, no workout yesterday due to a late appt. Today is weights and steady state. I followed up w/ Olesya yesterday and I am down 1.5 pounds. So, I just need to keep that going

Linda-to answer your question from yesterday, I only got one shipping notice in total.

Today was cardio and I chose Cardio Coach #6 w/Candace. I was only able to do Challenge #1 and #2 because I am experiencing some very bad pain and tightness in my lower body. I'm not sure what's going on with this, but running on my treadmill today was very painful. I was having this problem with the CC workouts before and that's why I stopped doing them. Even with all the yoga and stretching I've done, nothing is helping me with this tightness. It's starting to scare me.

After the first 2 challenges I just did a 3 mph walk up a 5% incline. When that started getting painful I dropped it to a 2% incline. Tried to stay on for an hour. It was very diffiecult. :(

HR STATS:
57 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
15 minutes in zone
36 minutes above zone
442 calories burned
3 miles travelled

Not bad stats, I just wish I could feel good again about cardio. This pain really drags me down anymore.

I am getting warmed up with a night without the heat. Power went out at 8:45 and came on this morning. I am going to do cardio, core and stretching. I should have Tracey's new Kickbox soon. It was one of the first shipped.

Debbie, I find incline seems to cause me more problems in the lower body than using the treadmill without them. Sorry you are having problems. I am staying off the treadmill till my knee is back to normal. I am getting a lot of tightness in the hamstring and calf behind the one knee that is hurting then most of the pain is on the inside of the knee. I have some new Ryka Assist XT crosstrainers coming today and bought new running shoes. Hopefully this helps. I have been reading a book called Say Goodbye to Knee Pain and am trying to get the problem under contol.

Theresa, I hear you on the cold. That wind sure blew last night. I know this morning they were saying windchill was below 0. I am ready for spring and the tornados LOL

Linda, I only got one shipping notice from Tracey. It will be interesting to see how many you recieve:D I was really happy with the service I got from Cathe's when I contacted them with the address mistake on my Shock training. They redirected my workouts and I still got them on the date they said they would arrive. I guess when they have a lot to ship quickly mistakes happen but I sure don't like being the mistake LOL

Roselyn, I hear a lot of people that have done Insanity say other workouts seem easier. Just with what I have done I can see that.

I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I overslept a bit. Did not want to get out of bed again today. I'm suffering from some severe depression. The weather is adding to it also.

I did Firm Kick, Punch & Jab and just used 3-4 pound weights since it's a cardio day. I added on 10 minutes of Patrick's Play Ball and then did a 10 minute Kundalini practice for metabolism/thyroid/mood, etc. Workout (minus yoga) was 54" and I burned 508 calories. Max HR was only 150.

I am going to try to add Kundalini in more often to see if it can help with my mood/depression and loss of motivation with working out.

Have great workouts everyone. Working late the next several days. We have inventory this weekend so I'm working open to close on Saturday....JOY!

I am posting my workout and will come back after I sit in the Whirlpool bath. I did Shock Cardio Double Wave Pyramid HiTT 30 minutes and burned 280 calories Max HR was 172, then I did Insane Abs 34 minutes and burned 294 calories Max HR was 172, I finished off with Amy's 10 Min Solution 5 Day Get Fit abs and power yoga 20 min and burned 127 calories. Total calories burned today was 701, Max HR was 172 and workout was 84 minutes.

Linda - LOL on the shipping emails from Tracey. I haven't gotten a shipping notice because I changed my email address. I hope my DVD gets to me!! I can't wait to try this one. I'm hoping for Saturday if my lower body feels better.

Theresa - Nice job on the loss! That is great to hear! It's cold here too, in the lower 20's right now. We are suppose to get more snow too.

Diane Sue - Sorry to hear you lost your electric. That is one thing that always worries me when it gets cold out. Luckily we have a propane heater in our living room so at least that room can stay warm. I hope those cross-trainers help you. I never thought that my shoes could be part of the problem. I usually buy Saucony's but I think I have Avia's or something like that now. I wonder if I need a new shoes? It's been quite a while. Hmmmm....

Lora - I hope your depression subsides soon, that has to be hard to live with. I sometimes get down on things but try not to let it depress me, it's just not worth it.

I just made a chili out of left over bison chuck roast I made last night. It was pretty good. Don't think I like the roast as well as I did the ground beef. Either that or it is because Walmart has crappy bison. I was so hungry this morning I drank half of my protein powder recovery drink mix before my workout. I checked the weather and it is 21 with windchill of 7. Better than the forcast of a high 16. Supposed to be colder tomorrow. I sure hope this wind stops. I had to collect my Christmas tree out of the middle of the yard.

Debbie, changing the shoes has helped me before. I had told dh a couple of months ago that I thought my shoes were wearing out because it felt like my foot was trying to run off the side of it. They were Sauconys but I have had good luck with them before. The thing is they were a running shoe so now I am thinking that the lateral support was bad. Dh had told me to get some new ones and I kept putting it off till I ended up with the knee problem. I was also doing a similar type workout before though with kettlebells and hills. So maybe it was a combination of things.

Lora, I hope you can find something that will get you past the depression. We all have our low points.

Lora, I hope the kundalini helps you. I did a little Kundalini segment today, too, the "anxiety antidote" one from Quick Fixes. It had a couple breathing techniques and I added in a bunch of stretches. My commute and schedule are worse than last semester and I seem to be internalizing the stress from that. Last night, towards the end of my class, my right eyeball was twitching involuntarily. It kinda wierded me out. Aside from the Kundalini, I did the first half of Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix 2.

Hello Everyone!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had great holidays! Sounds like it's been cold everywhere. It's cold here too. I'm ready for summer!

Does anybody know the best place to get a barbell set with weights? I got mine years ago at Wal-Mart for about $40. I'm not sure if they still carry them? A friend of mine has recently fallen in love with Cathe. Yay!!!

I was cleared by my doctor on Monday to lift weights again. FOUR long weeks off. I didn't lose any upper body strength somehow and just a smidge of lower body. I was nervous to work abs but so far so good. I've gone a little lighter though just to be safe. Don't want anything to fall out!

Debbie - I'm sorry to hear about your pain. Where is the tightness? That's really weird.

Theresa - How are you liking working with Olesya? I know she's kicking Sonya's butt! ;)

Diane Sue - No heat???!!! That's awful! I am finally cleared to get in the hot tub. Hopefully tonight!

Lora - I'm sorry you are going through a depression. I hope that things start looking up for you real soon.

Hermia - Oh my gosh...I get SO stressed out at work during my busy times that my right eye will twitch for DAYS ON END!!!!! It makes me crazy! And I don't sleep at night. Try not to internalize your stress (this coming from me!). I hate yoga so I don't know if that will help. I hope you can find something to soothe your nerves.

Make 2010 your best year yet!!!!

Suz, good to hear you are getting back into the workouts again:D My barbell set is old. My dd and her husband bought it for me at Sears and it is a Weider set. Then I had a friend of dh's give me extra weight plates and have since added more. If they have an Academy Sports and outdorrs you can get one there.

Hello Suz-
glad to see you here again. Olesya kicks my butt but also puts up with me being a pain in the you-know-what. That is wonderful that you did not lose that much strength. I am down 1.5 pounds and 2 inches all over, but it should be much more. It's my fault not O's.
So everything went well with your surgery, correct?
I got my weight set from Academy a few years ago. I would check fitness wholesale or amazon. They both seem to have pretty good prices.

Hermmia-I go through spells where my eye twitches all the time. I don't think I am stressed at the time, but I guess I am. Hope the yoga helps-same to you too Lora.

Theresa

Just checking in real quick. Did SC Double Wave this morning and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think 40/20 is by far the hardest.

I received Cardio Kickbox Challenge today. But I had also ordered another dvd from them but haven't received that one yet, so I am still waiting to see what all shows up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.