Hardcore Fitness Maniacs September 1, 2018

Today I feel better, I took and Aleve last night and I woke with less pain. I am going to do Total Body Workouts for right now because I don't know if I can workout as much as I would like and I know I will hit each body part throughout the week. Workout was 46 minutes and I burned 349 calories. 3 rounds of the circuit and the last set was TF.

Warm Up to STS

Warm up Chest Press DB- 15's x 16
Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 16, x 20 TF

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 16, x 20 TF

Seated Overhead BB Front Press- 40# x 16, x 16, x 18 TF ( I thought I would die here!)

Bicep Curls- 15's x 16, x 16, x 21 TF

2 Arm Kickbacks- 8's x 16, x 16, x 20 TF

Leg Ext.- 50# x 20, x 20, x 21 TF

Deadlifts BB- 40# x 16, x 16, x 19 TF

ABS- 3 exercises x 20 reps each

Debbie, We are moving to the beach to a town called San Clemente. It is gorgous! It means my husband only has to drive 25 minutes to work each way instead of an hour or more. It would be nice to have him around more. Also, my kids went to school in that area so all of their friends live there and my youngest son can get back to school with his friends and out of the house! Yes, we signed the papers with the realtor yesterday and now we start all of the home improvements because my house is very worn looking having 3 huge men live in it and I havent done much to the house in a while. I am very excited to the next chapter of our lives and we are not going to buy a house if possible, we want to lease. The market is supposed to take a big down turn with interest rates going up so we are not buying at the high. We will wait and see how it all plays out and then decide to buy or not. I have to start looking for a house to rent!!!! THe house down the street sold the first week so thats a little scary... I dont know how long this house will take to sell because we listed it high so we had room for negotiations.

Diane Sue, be careful in the weather today. Nice workout! I am super busy too so I am not sure what my workouts will be for the next couple of weeks either.

Have a nice day.

Today I did Meso 3 Legs Week 2 and did the Squat Rack workout. Another great workout, I love this heavy lifting stuff.

4 sets/8 reps each:
Squats - 15's/15's - 10 reps (warm up)
Squats - 30's/30's/30's/30's
(I used dumbbells)

Elevated Deadlifts - 60#/60#/60#/60#

Leg Press Station - 145#/145#/145#/145#
(Was supposed to be Front Squats)

Static Lunges - 25's/25's/25's/25's
(Used dumbbells on this too)

I hate the long rests and fast forwarded though some of it making sure I had at least a minute and a half to rest. I did ab work during some of the rest periods by doing crunches on the ball and the Russian Twist with an 8# med ball - did 30 reps each and did this twice through.

Workout was 57 minutes, burned 383 calories, HR was 126/180 and went 2568 steps.

Diane Sue - I hope your sun room will get done. I hate having things to do on the house that depends on the weather. It's frustrating here in Ohio. Our weather changes on a dime. Nice job with your workouts!!

Jolie - The place you are moving to sounds beautiful! My husband and I are eventually going to get a lake house, and I mean right on the lake. I cannot wait. Just need to finish the siding on our house and I think we can sell. Moving is such a dread factor to me, but good time to purge the junk. Nice job on your workout!!

DOZ - Great job with KCP! Are you still doing STS?

Good Evening,

Debbie invited me to join this group. No workout today DH and I took advantage of a 90 degree day took the boat to the lake. It’s support of be 59 here tomorrow drastic weather change. I am working my way thrythe new KCM workouts.

No workout today. I stayed the night at my daughter's so we could sit up late and visit and I could see her off this morning. We had a nice visit. She is amazing at 79 and drives an RV pulling her car across country, stopping to visit family members. We had time to visit awhile again this morning before she hooked up and left. I came home and went to run errands since the week is busy and I am picking up grandchildren tomorrow and keeping them late. I need to check and see if Kelly has posted any new workouts on her Raw channel. She said that she was filming some.

Doz, good job getting a workout it.

Debbie, nice work on STS legs. You are getting some nice calorie burns for those weight workouts. Our weather can be unpredictable. If I am lucky the storm will veer off a bit. But, it is still looming right now.

Roselyn, nice work doing plyo legs today.

Roxie, welcome to our group. I just went through the new Kelly dvds. I really liked them a lot. It is warm here in Oklahoma right now.

I am on the walk of shame today. I attempted to do all of Press Play, but with the humidity and warm weather we are having right now, I just could not do the whole thing. I was overheated (we did not have our A/C on) and I felt like I was going to puke. So I did the first three challenges and then called it a day. I added on the stretch from CC #5 because it's a good one and that was that.

Workout was 46 minutes, burned 425 calories and went 3.27 miles (I really wanted to hit 4 miles today). I did 6610 steps and my HR was 146/187.

I think that might be only the 2nd time I had to stop a CC workout like that. I can't believe what a difference humidity makes, (how do people who run outside do it?) And when will it go away? My gosh, it's October, we should be in the high 60's, low 70's right now, we hit the upper 80's yesterday and it was 74 this morning. I refuse to turn my A/C back on!!!

Diane Sue - I'm glad you were able to visit with your aunt, that is great!! It's always nice to see relatives that we don't normally see on a regular basis. I'm not sure why my calorie burns are so high lately, kind of worries me.

Roselyn - Nice job with Plyo Legs. No thanks! I hate those kinds of workouts! LOL!

Roxie - So glad you are joining us! We are a chatty bunch so be prepared for that.

Jolie & DOZ - Have great workouts today!!!

Yesterday my mom came to stay for the week so I didn't get a workout in...:( Today I got in a Total Body workout minus abs because they are sore from Tuesday. I did 3 rounds of the circuit and did 16 reps per set. I was supposed to do the last set to failure but I spaced!!!! Oh well. Workout was 41 minutes and I burned 327 calories. I had a nice stretch at the end too.

STS Warm Up
Chest Flies- 15's x 16 ( 3 rounds of this circuit )
BB Underhand Rows- 45# x 16
2 Arm Lateral Raise- 8's x 16
Hammer Curls- 15's x 16
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 16
Leg Ext.- 50# x 20
Squats to Overhead Press- 8's x 16

Debbie, nice workout even though it was cut short. We have the worst humidity as well, yuck! We used to live right on a lake when we got married. It was a water ski lake and I also had a horse and showed jumpers a lot. We had to give it all up when we had kids, too much money.

Diane Sue, I am glad you had a nice visit with your aunt.

Roselyn, its almost wedding time!!!

I will be back later to read posts, I have my realtor coming soon and I have to jump in the shower!

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4, 41 minutes, heart rate 132 average, 160 max, 2,897 steps, 9:07, met 5.9, 267 calories. I used 15# dumbbells for this workout. I swear I had the weight moves all written out, but I could not find them. I will have to check my document file. If I find them I will come back and post it. I then did Kelly Coffey Sculpting RX workout #1, 40 minutes ( I thought it was supposed to be 35 minutes and do not think I paused that much), heart rate average 115, max 146, 825 steps, met 4,6, 203 calories. Total workout time was 81 minutes and I burned 470 calories. I think Monday I will do the Raw Fitness test again. I have had allergies and been so busy, I just have not been sure if my energy levels was up enough to do better on it.
Sculpting RX workout #1 weights 10 reps for all exercises done in super sets
Hammer curls 15# dbs super set with squat out and hold (second round squat out pulse)
repeat
front curls 15# dbs super set with front lunge on step, back knee pull 15#/ and 20# dbs
alternating supination curls 15# dbs (second round both non alternating) super set with squat, fold & Up 20# dbs
repeat
Row on step 30# db supe rset with front raise 15# db
repeat
bent over row/overhand 25# dbs supe rset with lateral raise 10# dbs
repeat
row from feet (seated on step) 15# dbs super set with seated press 1 & 1/2 10# dbs
repeat
flies (pinky) 15# dbs super set with skull crusher 15# dbs
repeat
bench press 15# dbs super set with seated kickbacks alternating 10# dbs and 12# dbs second round
repeat
push ups super set with dips

Roxie, we had some storms pop up in our area this morning. It seemed to move on Saturday is when a lot of it is going to start and so far the weather looks like it will last to at least Wednesday of next week. I always worry about having to drive and the flash flooding.

Debbie, it is so much harder to work in the humidity. It was so humid yesterday that it was miserable and I spent quite a bit of time outside while at my daughters. It really did not do nice things for the allergies. I felt somewhat better when I got home. Nice work on Cardio Coach anyway :)

Jolie, that is nice that your mom was able to come and spend some time. How is packing going?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.