Hardcore Fitness Maniacs NOVEMBER 2018

Hey guys,

I tell you, I,m trying to sign on to my new computer, and forgot my password dang, thought I wrote it down. Cathe is asking for me to register; I may have to change everything Any who........ going to see what happens

Today’s workout, Kick Punch & crunch & abs

Reactions: WD
Evening All,

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach # 8 and STS Back & Triceps. Strange my post from yesterday was pending; that or I didn’t press post hm..... I’m tired. Busy today and I got another full day tomorrow. Oh well, you guys have a great evening, me, resting.

yesterday was bulk back and biceps

getting ready to try some cardio my hip and groin on right sie been hurting going to see an ortho doc today see what is going on, i know i don't rest it enough but arthritis runs in my family so need to see

Today was LIIFT 4 Shoulders and I had a great workout. Hamstring is still tight, I really wish this would go away.

3 sets/10 reps each and the HiiT movements were 30 seconds each. No modifications today!

SS #1
Lateral Raise:
10's
Shouler Press: 15's/12's/12's
HiiT: Soccer Runs

SS #2
Front Raise:
8's
Shoulder Flies: 3's
HiiT: Catchers

SS #3
Y Front Raise:
8's
Upright Rows: 3's
HiiT: Squat Jumps

Abs: 3 sets/30 seconds
Alternating Leg Twists
Rope Climbs
Plus a bonus 30 seconds of Alternating Leg Twists

I am really seeing a difference in my abs already. Amazing what this series is doing to my body!

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 236 calories. HR was 131/195.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1.23 miles, burned another 145 calories. My hamstring really got tight during this walking, not sure why this is happening. I might just have to stay off my treadmill for a couple weeks until it heals. :(

I'm sorry but no time for personals. I have an event to get to in 15 minutes. Have a great workout everyone!!!

Good Morning,

Woke up with another migraine I don’t know what is going on but it’s getting old. My blood pressure is 104/83 just a little high on the bottom number.

Debbie-That series sounds really good nice work

Roselyn-hope you got some cardio in

Zion-what a pain

Today I taking a rest day, I am sore and tired... :) I always workout on the weekends so I like to take some rest days during the week. Another rainy day here in Southern CA which is weird, we rarely get rain. We have been in a drought for so long that I am loving it.

Debbie, nice job on the workout today and I am so happy you are getting results from that program. I want to do it so maybe that will be the next program I do. Sorry to hear about the hamstring still hurting you. Sometime we have to lay off our favorite exercises to completely recover. Maybe do yoga instead of doing the TM for awhile? I remember years ago when you did yoga it really helped with your aches and pains, that is why you stopped lifting for a while if I am not mistaken.

DOZ, girl great to have you back and good job on the legs and glutes!!!

Roselyn, I hope you get some good news from the doctor!

Roxie, maybe your headaches have to do with hormones? Have you gotten them checked lately? Rest up.

Belinda, I hope you have a nice day.

Diane Sue, my Italian soup came out awesome yesterday! I hope you have a nice workout today.

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did Kelly Coffey's Sculpting RX workouts 1 and 2 combined, 60 minutes, met 4.7, 310 calories, 1,464 steps, heart rate 112 average, 154 max. I then did Les Mills Body Flow flexibility (there are strength ones too) yoga skipping the meditation so it was 27 minute, 70 steps, 60 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 87 minutes, 370 calories. I have my 4 year old grandson here today. He is running a fever.

Doz, I guess you were able to get logged in and get things set on your computer. Nice job on the workouts.

Debbie, that is great that you are seeing results with those workouts. I think it takes time to get those tights spots and it takes more time to get rid of them. Is today the day your brother in law had something going on? Still praying for him.

Roselyn, it is good to get that pain checked out. I am glad I got some tests done and at least know what I am dealing with. Maybe it will be something that just needs some physical therapy or something.

Roxie, I can sympathize with the migraine. Maybe some stuff to help with anxiety. Yesterday I had the worst head and neck pain that just started up before I left to go shopping. I took some Excedrin figuring it would die down and no way did it die down. By the time I was driving home I had tears coming out of my eyes and felt sick to the stomach because the pain was incredibly bad. Odd though, as I got home and took things in it started letting up. Not my usual type of neck and head pain. More like when I used to have the migraines a lot. But, shorter.

Jolie, good that you are taking a rest day. I thought I might have to today, but I managed to run to the store before my grandson came to get some things for a sick little boy, and get back to workout. We are expecting ice and freezing rain the next couple of days. I am hoping that it is not too bad. I am making a Paleo taco soup (no tacos in it ) tonight or a Keto enchilada soup recipe I have. I need to use these tomatoes I bought.

Just an FYI - thank you all for our prayers, my BIL is out of the situation he was in and all is fine. The best outcome happened so we are thrilled about that. Prayer is awesome! I thank you all again!!

Glad to hear that Debbie

Went to ortho today I am going to need a hip replacement at some point not yet, i had dislocated hips when i was born and the ball and socket are not as close together as they should be some arthritis not too bad though...it could be 10 year, could be 5 so they said keep exercising and when it becomes painful and not managed with ibuprofen or rest then we see, apparently they told me hip replacements are easier than knees . it does not hurt all the time just now and then so they said stay healthy, exercise , Also the way they fix dislocations with newborns is so different and interesting it affects more females than males and first born daughters (which I am) something with a first time mothers hormones. So after that went home to eat a piece of my tooth came off ended up being a wisdom tooth and they pulled it!!! ready to say bye bye to today

But..today was cardio for me

So Debbie you recommend BB on Demand? I think I am doing that and maybe les mills too thoughts from anyone appreciated

Good Evening,

Head is still pounding it’s in my left eye all bloodshot and I am nauseous, my doctor wants me to see her and discuss preventative medication.

Jolie-Iam on two hormones my levels have never been checked but I had a hysterectomy three years ago today.

Debbie-good news about BIL.

Roselyn-eventually I will probably need surgery on my left knee they wouldn’t do it in my twenties

Today I couldn't do LIIFT4 Legs because I'm trying not to irritate my hamstring so I decided to do one of Kelly's RAW Kickbox/Kettlebell using very light kettlebells because I know most of that work is for the legs. I didn't even break a sweat with this one but I wore my 1# hand weights and at least got my HR up. I really hate not being able to run or work my legs. I hope this heals soon. I also did RAW Stretch and the more I do this stretch, the more I like it. I skipped the splits part and was able to do the rest of the workout. I really like the stretch where you have your feet over your head, that felt really good. I liked the helicopters too.

Kickbox workout was 30 minutes, burned 201 calories and my HR showed 131/209. Yea, I doubt that!!!

Roxie - so sorry to hear about your headaches. I've lived with headaches my entire life and have only had migraines a handful of times, they can be brutal. Hope you are feeling better today and hope your doctor can help with that issue.

Roselyn - So sorry to hear about your hip. My mom had both her hips replaced and she did ok with it, the first hip replacement was pretty bad for her, I don't think she knew what to expect. But the second one was a breeze for her. I'm sure with you being so healthy and active, that your recovery will be easy. Dang on the tooth, I hate when that happens!!

Jolie - Yes, I remember when I did yoga when I had issues before. I find yoga sometime makes issues like this hamstring worse because some of the poses are so intense. I'm just doing relaxing stretches right now and it is helping. The Magnesium is helping too, so thanks for recommending that!

Diane - When you did the premix for both workouts in Sculpting RX, does it do #1 first through and the #2 or does it intertwine them? Nice job on that, Sculpting RX is a tough workout.

DOZ - Glad you were able to get back on here, that happened to me once and I had to change my sigh in from Fitnessfreak366 (with one "K") to Fitnessfreakk366 (2 - K's). Made me really mad when I had to do that. Great job with your workouts!!

Belinda - Hope you are having fun!

I want to thank you all again for the prayers, we could not have had a better outcome for my brother-in-laws situation. I believe in prayer and I know God answered it. So thank you all again!!

This morning I did Les Mills on Demand workouts. Body Combat MMA blast #2, 57 minutes, met 6.6, 415 calories, heart rate average 141, max 178, 4,742 steps. I then did CXWORX # 16 short, met 3.0, 63 calories, heart rate average 96 max 128, 236 steps. This used a large weight plate (10# is my large from my les mills package) and tubing. It included a lot of back work. I finished off with Body Flow short #73, 24 minutes, 53 calories, 110 steps, heart rate average 90, max 137, 110 steps. Total time 1 hour 40 minutes, 531 calories, 5088 steps. I think this was one of the toughest Body Combat workouts I have done. I think they pulled the harder segments from different workouts(I could see the numbers on the corner pop up) so some of the things like when you are doing the jumping knee pulls it is not just 16 like in the dvds per side it is many more and some plyo jumps are added in near the last. It got my heart rate up pretty well.

Deb, that is wonderful. It is awesome when we see our prayers answered quickly. I love it when I see those prayers happened like that. Praising God!! That stretch of Kelly's always feels so good. I like the plow move too. I can never get all of the way down in the splits, but it does give my hamstrings a really good stretch trying. It is hard being patient with an injury. At least you are able to do something and won't likely lose much. The sculpting RX both workouts did workout 1 and then went to workout 2. I was kind of hoping it would do a body part round and then go to some of the workout 2 as kind of a burn out. It was still good though. By the time I was done, I was just ready for the yoga and not wanting to add on to it. My magnesium calcium + should be here today. I buy the Rainbow which is a natural supplement that also has some tumeric and other stuff in it. I think there is even a little vitamin C in it. It really does help.

Roselyn, what an eventful day you had!! Not such a good one. My doctor said something similar about me not being ready for knee replacement and mentioned something to the effect he was more concerned about my hands. My thoughts were that I want them to stay away from me with the surgery thing as indefinitely as possible. I always worry that they are more worried about how to make themselves some money when I may be able to make it through my whole lifetime without it. I watched a lady that worked for my husband as she had knee replacement surgery and her recovery. I guess she got much better, but I don't want to do it. I hope today is much better.

Roxie, I hope that your headache gets better and your doctor can help. I guess you had a total hysterectomy? I had a partial hysterectomy for cancer 37 years ago. It still messed with my hormones some, but I was able to keep the ovaries.

Debbie, I am so glad to hear that Bill is doing well! Prayers do work!

Today I did Cathe Live Buff Upper Body and it was tuff stuff!!! It included a very long AB segment and I added Leg Ext. and Deadlifts at the end. Workout was 1 hour and 5 minutes and I burned 459 calories which included my stretch at the end. No rests between sets, focus is on time under tension.

Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8 ( 3 rounds of each bunch of exercises )
Bicep Sweeping Curls- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
Upright Rows- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
W Curls- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8
Hammer Curls- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8

Rear Flies- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8
Front Raises- 8's x 12, x 10, x 8
Lateral Raises- 5's
8 x Side of thighs
8 x Front of thighs
6 x Side
6 x Front
4 x Side
4 x Front
2 x Side
2 x Front
Alternating Front and side for 10 reps! I thought i would die!

Lying Tricep Ext- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8
Cross Body Ext.- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8
Kickbacks- 8's x 12, x 10, x 8

Chest Press- 20's x 12, x 10, x 8
Chest Flies- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8

DB Pull Overs- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 10, x 8
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 12, x 10, x 8

Leg Ext.- 50# x 20, x 17, x 14, x 12
DeadLifts- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12

ABS

Debbie, Look back at your older posts, I notice when you were just doing a lot of running for your legs instead of lifting you had less problems. I find that running and walking is great leg workouts in itself. Maybe as we age we have to adjust to what your bodies can do. I cant do so many exercises that I used to do for legs as I could do 10 years ago. I just cant, but I do something else instead. Getting older sucks!

Roselyn, my dad had two hip replacements in his 80's, if he can do it you can do it!!! :) He says to do it when you are younger because the re hab will be easier.

Diane Sue, nice workout today! Wow on the calorie burn for the Les Mills workout! Are you doing Les Mills on Demand? I have to sign up soon!

Roxie, sorry to hear that your headache didnt go away. I hope you get some relief soon.

Hav3e a wonderful day!

Jolie, I think that I have done that Buff upper body workout. It is a good one. Yes, I am doing Les Mills on Demand. They had a limited time free trial for a month so I signed up. There are loads of options on this for workouts. I have always liked the Combat ones a lot. I am enjoying the yoga type workouts as well. The one I did today did some Thai Chi movements as a warm up before it moved into the yoga flow and they held the final floor stretches for awhile. I have only used the short versions of these. There are long ones that are around an hour. There are some dance based workouts, but I am not much for those.
They say walking is good for the legs. Running is harder on the knees and I think treadmills and inclines can cause issues at times. My tread climber can set off the knee that I had surgery on if I have the tension too high. But, I think part of it is the incline and pushing the treadles causing strain on it.

yes I am avoiding surgery as long as i can,

we never started a december thread!!

Today was bulk chest and then kelly cardio core

Getting ready to go buy some soft foods for the next couple of days

Good evening,

I just got home. DH and I had a lot of fun in Miami. DH and I worked out daily. We walked almost 5 to 6 miles every day. We also finished L4 Week 4 D1, D2, D3, D4. Today was our rest day, since we had to fly home.

I will try to catch up on personals. I am tired.

Happy Saturday. Today I did a Cathe Live workout, Warrior Kickboxing and I used 1 lb gloves. Wow! Workout was 1 hour and I burned 541 calories. I now know I have gained weight in the last year. I have not been working out hard enough. I don't mean lifting heavy enough weights, I just haven't worked out like this in a while. I mean really sweat hard and breathing labored. I love the variety you get with every workout she does, however, I do not like the fast pace for lifting weights making you lift lighter weights. Otherwise, I am having a lot of fun and I love the calorie burns. Average heart rate was 137 and max was 175. I did not do all the high impact I substituted squats instead.

Belinda, I am glad you and your hubby enjoyed your time in Miami and great job getting in all of your workouts too!

Have a nice day.

Afternoon guys,

Yesterday I did Cardio Coach press play, MIS was on rotation to, soon as I put DVD in all ready to go, got a call my GS in hospital; off I went was there all yesterday, crazy day. He’s coming along went to visit today, but he was to sleepy from meds to keep his eyes open.

Today is my rest day, guys, I’ve picked up some serious weight, got to get busy. eatery, still trying to get control of it’s tough. Hopefully next 3 weeks into STS I will shed these 5 lbs. Have a wonderful evening all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.