Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October

I'll start a new October thread.

Today I did total body and had a great workout. Probably could have gone a bit higher but what I did felt good.,

2 sets/12 reps with 90 seconds rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's.

Squats
- 25's
Close Grip Triceps Press - 70#/65# (hard, did only 11 reps with 70#)
Barbell Row - 45#
Dumbbell Curls - 15's
Incline Dumbbell Press - 25's
Seated Lateral Raise - 10's
Added:
Hanging Knee Raise: 16 reps/20 reps

I also walked 1.25 miles on my treadmill.

Total workout was 1 hr., Avg. HR was 94, Max was 176 (I don't think so, this thing showed I was in the 170's while walking on my TM). I burned 284 calories and went 3700 steps.

Jolie - nice workout!!! WOW!! 24,000 steps. I can't do that, even when I worked all day on my feet the best I've ever done was 20,000. Nice going!! YOU ROCK!!!

Diane Sue - Maybe Google the problem and see if anyone else has had it. Sometimes you an find some answers just by doing that. My DH does that all the time when we have issues with anything.

Roselyn - Good to see you are still here!!!

Debbie, I forgot about the month change. It seems like lately there has been so many things going on and out of normal order, I forgot. Even my bank has decided to switch things up which is making me nuts trying to do my banking because all the information is not up and running yet. Things, breaking, my car, sun room leaking again, freezer needs a seal and ordered the wrong part, tread climber belts coming, my aunt coming, and other activities :) I will get it all in and done. I search everything on the internet and get a lot of help and information there.

Roselyn, glad to see you are still getting the workouts in. Didn't you start a new job?

I am getting ready to do my workout. I have my youngest grandchild 3 here today. He spent the night so I waited for him to get up and have breakfast. He sleeps in my workout room. If I would have had my shoes downstairs I would have just hopped on the tread climber for a bit for cardio. Today is planned as 4 Day Split chest, shoulders, and triceps along with the lower intensity step. Hopefully I get through all of it. Next week may not be mapped out so well as it may be a hit or miss week with so many activities.

Today I walked outside, 5.62 miles, 1 hour 45 minutes, 98 average, 132 max and I burned 649 calories. I also walked my dog 1.2 miles before I went on my own walk. Today I am at 15,589 steps already.

Debbie, I like that total body workout you are doing this time. I like shorter workouts now days and I like to do more cardio for whatever reason. If I don't get some kind of cardio in I feel sluggish and kind of in a bad mood. Cardio makes me sleep better and then I have more energy the next day. Also, I get tight muscles lifting weights, not sure why, I never did before. I must be deficient in something.

Diane Sue,
I hope you have a great workout today and enjoy your time with your grandchild.

Roselyn,
hope you are getting in some good workouts.

I have a late football game tonight so I am sure I wont workout tomorrow. I hope you all have a great weekend.

My workout today was 4 Day Split lower intensity step, 36 minutes, heart rate average 138, max heart rate 186, 215 calories, 2,938 steps. I then did the premix chest, shoulders, and triceps 38 minutes, 151 calories, 715 steps. This premix did not have a warm up or cool down. Total time was 74 minutes, calories burned 366. Tomorrow will be a hiit workout.
weights ( I won't how many reps on most as it was hard to count)
push ups
overhead press pyramid 8's /15 reps, 10's/12 reps, 12's/ 10 reps, 15's 8 reps
incline dumbbell flies 15's /16 reps
dumbbell lateral raise 10's/10 reps, 10's/8 reps, 10's x 8 reps bent arms
triceps dips
triceps overhead extension pyramid 15#/ 12 reps, 25#/10 reps, 30# /8 reps, 30#/8 reps
push ups 16 reps
isolation press seated 15's, 3 sets of 4 reps
upright row 15's/16 reps
dips off bench with feet on stability ball
push ups on high step
push ups around the clock 12 reps
seated front raise 8's/rear flys 5's 2times
external rotation pulls green band
lying barbell triceps extension 40#
lying triceps extensions 8's

Jolie, wow on all of those steps. It is 7:30 pm and I am only at 7,809 steps. It seems I have been on my feet most of the day, but not that many steps. You get a lot of steps in with your walks.

No workout for me today. I had my best day ever with steps yesterday! 26,852 steps! That's 12 miles!!!!!! I slept great.

Have a nice day.

Today's workout was STS cardio hiit 40/20, 30 minutes, 240 calories, heart rate average 131, max 165, 2,219 steps. I then did ab circuits stability ball abs, heart rate 108 average, max 126, 88 calories, and finished with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped relaxation stretch, 15 minutes, 33 calories. Total time 65 minutes, 361 calories. We went on a motorcycle ride to another city to see a car show and watch drag races with some friends. it was a pleasant day. I was starving when I got home at 8 tonight. I had only eaten an RX bar before I left with some ginger kombucha tea. I expected to eat while we were out.

Jolie, that was almost enough steps for 3 days. You deserved a rest day for sure.

Happy Sunday. I slept 11 hours last night and I feel absolutely fantastic! I was really tired yesterday from staying up late and waking up early. Today I walked outside because it is a beautiful fall day. I walked 7 miles, and I burned 723 calories. I didn't eat before I left so I was running on low energy by the time I got back. I usually eat half a piece of toast and an egg but I didn't today. Next time I will eat something so I have enough fuel to do such a long workout.

Diane Sue,
Nice workout yesterday. You have some workouts that I have never even heard of before. I am jealous you got to go on a motorcycle ride and to a car show, sounds like a great day!

Have a nice day. I am at 13,000 steps so far today and it is only 10:30am!

Today starts Week 6 of my Total Body workout. Same workout as last Monday only in superset format. This is only an 8 week workout, I may repeat the way Week 1 & 2 go and make it 10 weeks. I might even extend it to 12 weeks if I'm still enjoying it. Had a great workout, this one was tough. I went up in weight with most exercises.

2 sets/18 reps with 3 minute rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's.

SS #1
Pushups - On toes
Alternate Dumbbell Curls w/Twist - 17's

SS #2
Dumbbell Rows
- 17's
Weighted Dips - 35#

SS #3
Overhead Dumbbell Press
- 12's
Leg Extensions - 32.5#

I also walked 1.25 miles on my treadmill.

Total workout was 58 min., Avg. HR was 91, Max was 130. I burned 240 calories and went 3857 steps.

Diane Sue & Jolie - Nice workouts this weekend. Jolie, I am so jealous of your walks!!!!

This morning I needed an over all workout so I did Urban Rebounding URX Extreme Conditioning Greg Cook, 58 minutes, 384 calories. Heart rate average 134, max 182. Calories may have been more as my net calories from calories burned calculator had me at 480 calories. This one must have been done at the same time as Cardio Karate was done because it is the same oriental set. I have only done it a couple of times. It has some 5 rounds of rebounding, weights, floor drills, back to rebounding each round is done twice. Pull ups, push ups, goblet squats with overhead press, split jumps with dumbbell moves, dumbbell rows into quick alternating rows...... An over all good workout. I like Greg Cooks workouts. I have 3 of his rebounding workouts. I need to get going here in a bit. Today is a busy day.

Debbie, I am glad that you are enjoying your rotation. I am going to have to come up with something, but will wait till after this week is over, because I am not even sure if I will get workouts in every day.

Today I did Cathe Live Strong Upper Body and Core minus the core work. I love this workout! Cathe goes very quickly with no rest between exercises and it really makes you work hard to finish. Each Giant set is repeated 3 times. Workout was 1 hour, 115 average heart rate, 154 max and I burned 415 calories. The entire workout DB's are used with a flat bench. I'm spent!

Repeat 3 times

1 Arm Rows- 25 # x 12 reps
Pull Overs- 24# x 12

Seated Overhead Press- 15# x 12
Rear Flies- 10# x 12
Decline Front Raise 2 Arms- 8# x 12
Lateral Raise- 10# x 12

Chest Flies- 15# x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15# x 12
Chest Press- 20# x 12

Lying Triceps Ext- 12# x 12
Cross Body Ext- 10# x 12
Triceps Cable Pull Down 30# x 12 (Cathe does dips but those hurt so I did these instead)

Traditional Bicep Curls- 15# x 12
W Curls- 12# x 12
Crazy 8's - 10# x 24
Hammer Curls- 12# x 12

Wow is all I can say!!! I am going to try to walk more this month and do some Cathe Live workouts for weigh work. Since I have been walking again due to less pain, I feel less stressed, I am sleeping better and I just feel happier in general.

Debbie, great job on this rotation, I cant believe you are 6 weeks into it already!

Diane Sue, wow on the calorie burn today! I have never seen that workout, it sounds like it is really hard to get that kind of heart rate!

Roselyn, hope you are getting your workouts in.

Have a wonderful day!

Today I did Cardio Coach 6 with Candace but only did Challenge 1, 2 and 4. I skipped 3 because I didn't want to do such a long workout today. My head is really hurting, not sure what is causing these headaches lately. This time of year I seem to get this. Must be the weather.

Workout was 46 minutes, ran 2.96 miles (I'll just say 3 miles), burned 313 calories (TM said 442) and went 6181 steps. Avg. HR was 114 and Max was 172.

I also did the ab work from SJ&P.

Jolie - That workout looks like a tough one for sure. I like the exercises Cathe put together on that one. Nice job!!! And how can you walk anymore than you already do? LOL!!!

Diane Sue - Nice workout, rebounding was never something I wanted to try. I'm sure you'll find a rotation to do, sometimes it's hard to figure out what to do. I've had that problem, lately, as well.

Roselyn - Hope you are getting in some good workouts.

This morning was STS cardio Hiit 30/30.
I only had 5 hours sleep last night. When I left they were turning her RV around facing out and plugging in the electrical for my aunt. I am going over there in a little bit and bringing her and my grandchildren back to my house while my daughter goes to her Dr appointment. I need to stop at Sprouts on the way. I want to add some baked sweet potatoes to the backed potatoes that I am making with chicken tonight.

No workout today. We are right in the middle of the Southern Ca fires! 1 mile away from out house (canyon 2 fire). I had all my pictures, silver, files, jewelry, dog and other important items packed and ready to go to evacuate. Our area is on stand by right now and hopefully by 10am the on shore winds will be coming in and changing the direction of the fire. I am so sick from breathing smoke. I have the house shut tight with the air conditioner on just so I can stand it. So many of my friends have evacuated yesterday, they live a little closer to the fire. My walking trail is totally burned! I didn't sleep at all last night because the fire helicopters were working all night and they were very loud. Thank goodness there is a lake near by where they could come down and get water to put on the fire.

have a nice day.

Jolie be safe so scary, I saw on the news:(

Today was Circuit Work plus barre, so it was 26 minutes of cardio/hiit and 15 minutes of leg exercises followed by some core work

I did start a new job, I work everyday 7-11 at my church rectory as housekeeper and tues/thurs 2-8 and Saturdays 8-12 at my salon where i get my hair done I love it there, I am hoping something comes up there and I can quit the other. Insurance and 401 is so good at the rectory though, we will see.

Today I did a Total Body workout, was the same workout as last Wednesday but in superset fashion. Had a great workout.

2 sets/8 reps with 2 minute rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's.

SS #1
Upright Row
- 40#
Lying Dumbbell Extension - 17's

SS #2
Chest Press
- 85#
Barbell Curls - 50#

SS #3
Leg Press
- 165#
Pullups - 3 Assist bands

I also walked 1.31 miles on my treadmill.

Total workout was 53 minutes, Avg. HR was 98, Max was 121. I burned 219 calories and went 3659 steps.

Diane Sue - Nice workout with Hiit 30/30. Hope you got more sleep last night. I hate when I don't get enough sleep.

Jolie - Holy crap! I had no idea you were that close to those fires. I pray your house is safe and you guys stay safe as well. I don't get why the media hasn't said one thing about those fires until yesterday. Too busy trashing Trump, I guess. Please stay safe, how horrible to have to go through that. I'm so sorry!

Roselyn - Nice workout! Cool about your new job. My mom was a cook/housekeeper for our church for years until she retired. She loved it.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

No workout today. Yesterday I brought my aunt to my house and we had a family dinner here. This morning I went to my daughter's house to visit with my aunt and see her off. We had a nice visit. Then Wednesday family dinner here as usual. So there was no time for a workout. I cooked part of the meal Monday at my house and took it to my daughters. Tomorrow I will get back to normal. I do have my 7 year old grandson here since it is fall break, but I always get the workouts in when he is here.

Jolie, I am sending prayers your way. I too saw the news yesterday. My husband had made comment when they showed the smoke across Disneyland, which I know is a way away from you so it must be really big. That is frightening to have to pack you valuables up with the possibility of having to evacuate. There is no way a person could sleep with all of that going on around them.

Debbie, the media seems to have one focused agenda that is not a positive one that is for sure. They spend more time focusing on whiners and bashing and tearing the country apart. I never seen so many mean spirited hateful people in all my life and it just grows.

Roselyn, that is great that you are enjoying the work in your salon so much. I would imagine it makes it hard to leave the rectory with the benefits though.

I had no energy or will to run this morning so I just walked on my treadmill. Didn't really even get my HR up but at least I got some steps in. I have a really buy day at work so I'll be on my feet all day.

Walk was 48 minutes, went 2.5 miles, burned 247 calories (which is good for not having my HR up) and went 5770. Avg HR was 77 and max was 88. LOL!!

Diane Sue - Sounds like you had a good day with your aunt, glad you were able to visit with her. And I agree, the news and everything else in this country is so messed up. Trump is trying to make it better (and it is getting better) and no one gives a damn. Pisses me off.

Jolie - Prayers to you.

Roselyn - Nice workout!!

Today's workout was Kelly Coffey Strength and Stamina workout #1, 35 minutes, heart rate 100 average, 138 max, 587 steps, 168 calories. I followed this with Kelly's Body Design Lean lower body segment and cooldown, 21 minutes, 128 calories, heat rate 106 average, max 133, 349 steps Total time was 56 minutes, calories burned 296. I have my grandson here who is waiting on me to help him with some Bendaroos. :)
weights Strength and Stamina
reverse pec dec 15's 12 reps
front squats 2 sets 15's 1 set 30# goblet squats 12 reps
repeat 2 more times
20# kettlebell swings 45 seconds 34 swings

supination curls 17.5's, 20's 20's 12 reps
cardio legs split switch 12 reps 12 reps, 12 reps
repeat 2 more times
one handed kettlebell swings 20# 18 reps left 18 reps right

single shoulder press 15# 12 reps
Dead lifts 25's 12 reps
repeat 2 more times
kettlebell figure 8's 20# 22 passes

overhead triceps extensions 25# x 12 reps
lateral side lunge figure 8 15#, 12 reps
repeat 2 more times
kettlebell alternating swings 20# 30 reps

alternating bench press 20's x 12 reps
bridges 25# db, 2 20# together two sets
repeat 2 more times

Body Design squats 20's 20 reps, reverse lunge 12 reps 20#, dead lift/knee buckle to prevent using back to come up,25's, walkout 25# 16 reps,
front lunge with pulse 25's, dead lift/plie 25#
chair work with 5# ankle weights

Debbie, I feel the same way. He gets no credit for anything good. I wasn't really feeling like much since I am so tired. I was surprised on how I was able to push through anyway.

Everything is ok here at my house thank God! Helicopters were flying over our house with mega phones saying "get ready to get out"! Then by the luck of God, the wind changed to an on shore wind off the ocean and the fire turned directions. It turned to open land and is still burning but not toward any homes or businesses. It is almost completely out today, some smoke in the air and helicopters and fire airplanes still flying overhead.

I forgot to post yesterday, I was busy putting all of my personal belongings back in their place. I did go for a long 6 miles walk to see where the fire burned, it spared most of my walking trail. I walked for 1 hour and 45 minutes and burned 701 calories. I had my best week ever last week with steps, my Fitbit weekly update said I walked 130,000 steps!!!

Today I did a Cathe Live workout, Upper Body Sculpting minus the ab work. This is my favorite workout thus far. I used only DB's and I substituted weights for band work, pushups and dips. (hurts my shoulder). Workout was 1 hour and 5 minutes and I burned 442 calories. I also added a few extra exercises and sets because I felt so good today. These are Giant Sets repeated 2 to 3 times.

Shoulders
Alt. Press seated to 2 arm press to alt. press- 15# x 30
Rear Flies- 10# x 10, x 10, x 10 (10 second rest between sets)
Lateral raise thumbs up to the ceiling- 8# x 8, x 8, x 8
superset to
Alt. Front Raise- 8# x 8, x 8, x 8
Band Pulls rear delts- green band x 100!
Shoulder cirles- 5# x 4 rounds

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 16, x 16
Lat cable pulldowns- 50# x 20, x 20
Pullovers- 24# x 16, x 16
Deadlifts- 15# x 16, x16

Chest Flies- 15# x 16, x 16
Chest Press- 20# x 16, x 16
Narrow Grip Chest Press- 15# x 16, x 16

Lying Triceps ext.-12# x 16, x 16
Lying Ext.(2/2 count down, 2 partials, 2/2 count up) 10# x 4 rounds
Cable Pulldowns- 30# x 16, x 16
Cross Body Ext- 10# x 16, x 16
1 Arm Kickbacks- 8# x 16, x 16

Traditional Bicep Curls- 15, x 16, x 16
W Curls- 12# x 16, x 16
Hammer Curls- 15# x 16, x 16
Hammer Curls with a twist- 12# x 16, x 16
Conc. Curls ( 40 seconds) 12# x 30!

OMG, I am dead! This is the best workout ever! I suggest you all give it a try, I love it.

Debbie,
good job getting on the treadmill for a walk even though you weren't felling it today. Something is better than nothing. I don't even watch the news anymore because I am so sick of the Trump bashing. Makes me sick!

Diane Sue, what a great workout you did today! I don't have any kettle bells, I need to get some. I see them at Marshalls and TJMAXX all of the time, I should get a 15# one to start.

Roselyn,
good job on the Cathe live workouts. I just signed up again and plan and walking and alternating in the Cathe Live workouts this month and possibly November.

Have a wonderful day! God bless all the people loosing their homes and businesses in Santa Rosa and Napa!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.