Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2019

dmerz

Cathlete
Getting us started for November since I don't see the new month yet!

I did ICE rockem sockem this morning. I used my gloves for all the combos and used the heavy bag for as much as possible. So much fun!

Reactions: WD
Today i wanted to do Cathe Live PHA but i got a spasm in my lower back doing side to side lunges in the warm up so i stopped immediately and switched to an upper body workout, Upper Body with Ball workout number #52 instead and had a great workout. In the past, i would have stopped and stretched and started again, but not now, i completely listen to my body and do something else. That back pain that i had was the worst thing i have ever had to work through and i wont let that happen again. Workout was about an hour, i paused a few times to set up and i burned 400 calories. This workout has a long ab and core segment.

Doreen, great job on rockem and sockem! I don't have a heavy bag so i just go along with Cathe punching no bag.

BBL to read other posts. I have grocery shopping to do, my family wants me to make Meatballs tomorrow so i have to get on that today, it is a big project to do those and the sauce. I am pretty proud of my sauce and meatballs! :) I love this time of the year because i love to cook comfort food.

Happy Saturday, a lot of College football for me today, my sons team Nevada plays New Mexico tonight! Go Wolfpack!

Today I did I did Cathe Live #44 Step Sweat. Very fun step workout.

Jolie - Oh no! I hope it's nothing serious. Great job on #52, I think I bought that one. Really need to run through them. Great cal burn.

Dorren - great job on ICE RS today.

Good Evening

Still grinding out BeachBody Morning Meltdown up to workout 80, it’s getting really hard to stay with it. We went with the grandkids trick or treating. Wednesday my husband had a colonoscopy and the find another pre-cancerous polyp which is worrisome to me but not him. Work still sucks I really need another job but the one I want requires a cover letter and I have no idea how to do one.

Roxie - Do a google search of cover letter samples. Mostly they are three paragraphs long. 1st paragraph is telling the company what position you are applying for. The 2nd paragraph you talk about your current job and what you do there. Say a little bit of past experience and special skill sets you have. 3rd paragraph just says you would welcome the opportunity to discuss how your skills can help their company and say how they can get a hold of you (phone number). Make sure you attach your resume with the cover letter.

Good luck!!

Friday I did Jessica Smith Step and Stride before we left town. This morning I did Jessica Smith You Tube starting with Boot Camp Boogie for 6 minutes (I stopped after the jacks and a few boxing moves) I went on and did Cardio Barefoot Flow. Workouts were 43 minutes, heart rate average 122, max 165, 204 calories, 2073 steps. That is it.

Well, my traps are finally better but do you know I still have a damn knot in my upper back left side? OMG. How long does it take for a freakin' knot to relax? I've used my therapy ball every day for two weeks and it is still there. I doubt I'll be lifting tomorrow so I guess it will be the treadmill again.

Oh well, I guess I should be glad my traps are much better. And I am. Just getting sick of not working out like I want to work out. :(

Diane - Nice job with your workout today!

Hope you all had a great weekend. It was nice having an extra hour today.

Good morning,

Slide & Glide and SBF Standing Weights for UB w/Cross Lateral Seat work is done.

Debbie - glad your lats are much better. Maybe get a nice massage, they always get those knots out. I am tight in this area too. Last time it hurt when she worked on those knots. I always feel better afterwards.

Roxie - I will keep your husband in my thoughts & prayers. Hope you find a new job you like soon.

Hi to everyone that checks in after.

Today I just walked on my treadmill again. Feeling a little better but the knot is still there. :rolleyes:

Walked for 51 minutes, burned 314 calories, went 2.23 miles and did 5404 steps. HR was 108/142.

Belinda - I don't have time to get a massage. That is a luxury to me! LOL!! Plus in the past when I had this issue I did get a couple massages and they made it worse. So now I'm afraid to get massages for this problem. I'll keep using my therapy ball, it does help. Just need to get that knot to relax. Great going on your workout!!

Have a great workout everyone!

Roxie, go to a web site called Cover Letter Now and it asks you questions and writes the whole thing for you, it is awesome. Also, print it or you will have to pay for it. Then just scan it in and make any adjustments to it, which i doubt there will be any and there you go!

Today i had a great workout, Cathe Live, Strong Upper Body and Core, WOW!!! This is workout #25 and boy will your muscles be screaming. You do each body part in a Giant Set and do 3 rounds with 12 reps each set. You really have to go a tad lighter because your muscles are really exhausted by round 3. I really like the ab section at the end, it includes standing as well as floor. I used 2 pound ankle weights and boy does that make a difference on leg lifts!!!! Workout was 1 hour, i paused a few times and i burned 451 calories.

3 rounds of each Giant Set

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12
Pullovers - 24# x 12

Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 12
Rear Flies- 8's x 12 Should have gone heavier next time
Incline front raise with an arc- 8's x 12 Cathe does standing front raise with one db
Lateral Raise- 8's I thought i would die :)

Chest Flies- 15's x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12
Chest Press- 20's x 12 Cathe does pushups

Standing Triceps Ext- 10's x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12
Cable Triceps Pull downs- 30# x 12 Cathe does dips

Traditional Curls- 15's x 12
W Curls- 12's x 12
Crazy 8's - 25# BB, Cathe uses DB's

Core and ABs

Debbie, bummer about that knot!!! My low back spasmed the other day so i am resting it. Also, it was bothering me while i slept last night, which kept me up a lot so i am very tired today. You might want to get a Phasha ( Spelled wrong ) release done on that area, it needs to be broken up. Look it up on YouTube, your husband could do it for you just by using pressure. My husband does it for me and it works wonders. It will finally release and it feels so good. The more we lift the more Phasha builds up and it has to be broken up manually. Try it. Great job on the walk today, i get my treadmill tomorrow morning. It has blue tooth connectivity and it syncs to my Fitbit too!

Diane Sue, i am so happy you are working out and feeling good! All of that patience and hard work paid off!

Belinda, great job on the workout today! My low back is feeling a little better, cant wait to get my treadmill so i can walk inclines and work these darn legs of mine without pain!

Roxie, prayers for your hubby.

Roselyn, i hope you are liking your new house.

Doreen, great job on the workout this morning!

80 degrees here today, feels like summer! I want cold weather darn it!

Make it a great day.

This morning I got up and started early expecting to help my grandson with his car that he was taking to the shop. So I did something that I would not mind doing since I had already showered. I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong Build strength and balance #3 agility and balance, 30 minutes, heart rate average 120, max 146, 974 steps, 134 calories. I used my medium green band. I then did PT exercises and a couple of add on exercises. One that I saw on John Bergman chiropractor you tube for the shoulders. He had the woman wear ankle weights around her wrists and alternate arms forward and back (gently and not far) to help the shoulder joint heal. He said she should put moist hear on afterward. He did the same thing for knees and meniscus healing moving hanging feet forward and back alternating while sitting with legs dangling. Just small moves for a few minutes. I found it interesting. Shoulders are worked on after neck correction is done. Anyway, I spent 30 minutes on these moves and it was 45 calories. The rest of the day was busy and the hot water heater decided to start leaking water out the top. I had to go outside and cut off the water since I did not know how to do it on the electric hot water heater. I guess we are going to be buying a hot water heater. My husband tried to reseat the hot water outlet, but the water is coming out under the edges of it where it opens up a bit. It is going to be cold showers till we can do this.

Good morning,

ICE Metabolic Total Body plus SBF TB barre is done.

Debbie - I hear you on not having time for a massage. I only go once in awhile to get a message for the same reason you mention. Sorry when you went it made it worst. That's not the idea :( I did try a couple different massage places to find the right one. I hope you pain free soon. I need to get those balls to massage my knots out. Great job yesterday.

Jolie - glad to hear you starting to feel better. I would love to have a TM but I really don't have any room in my gym anymore. Great job yesterday.

Diane - sorry about the water heater. Great job on your workout.

I will be back later for more personals.

I bought myself an early birthday present and subscribed to Cathe Live again!! I did #237 Step Sweat Lift. I think this is an all-time favorite. The Step is Imax ish - I've done it enough I follow Cathe as she demos and then the lifting is set up as move A, move B then move A +B. And I love it!

No workout today, i got my Treadmill delivered and set up and the old one taken away. I love it. It has Bluetooth speakers, a fan, and syncs with any tablet or phone and it syncs to my Fitbit. It was supposed to be delivered a little earlier but the guys got caught in traffic so they were almost an hour late. Oh well, i cant wait to use it tomorrow. I will try to figure it all out today so i know what i am doing when i get on it.

Doreen, yeah on the Cathe Live subscription for your early birthday present! Happy birthday. I have not done that workout yet, i am a terrible step person.

Belinda, great job getting the workout done today, doing great with the November rotation. How is your finger healing?

BBL to read other posts.

I walked on my treadmill again today, feeling a bit better, pain is not as bad. I used Aspercream last night and this morning and it helps. Hopefully will be good in a couple days.

I will be back for personals later.

This morning I got brave and tried a bit more with my workout. I did Coffey Fit Raw Box and Pump (the first one) 60 minutes (51 actual, but I wrote down the moves) , met 4.7, 249 calories, heart rate 118, max 157, 2419 steps. I used mostly 5,8,and 10# dbs for the pyramids. Lower body I upped it to 15 as the highest. I didn't want to push upper too hard as I have mainly used the bands and 1-5# dbs. I modified a couple of moves, like the flies, I did them lying on a rolled towel like I do with the band for therapy. The towel goes lengthwise down the spine. I finished with Jessica Smith You Tube yoga stretch, 35 minutes, heart rate average 92, max 132, 52 calories, 50 steps. Total time was 95 minutes, 301 calories, 2,469 steps. Fit Bit sure doesn't give me many calories. I took a cold bath this morning and tried to wash clothes in cold water and that hot water heater started spewing out water again. My husband turned the valve off on top. I don't get it. I had to go outside and cut the water off, so now I have no water. My son is coming over tonight and they are going to go get another hot water heater.

Debbie, my experience with massages has not been favorable either. Even the PT, when they worked hard on those knots, I would leave feeling better, only to have major pain later as I think it can make it more inflamed. I guess it does help in the end once those knots loosen up. Even the therapist kind of realized how things affected me later and slowed things up a bit saying she didn't want to set anything off till we see how I reacted to something new. I hope that things improve soon for you.

Jolie, nice sounding workout today. Is Phasia the same as facsia? I have read lots on fascial release techniques. I bet you are excited about your new treadmill. I remember using Ifit when I had my Nautilus treadmill.

Doreen, I always favored Ice Bootcamp Circuit. Maybe that is one I could do pretty soon. It sounds like Cathe has some good new workouts since I last subscribed.

Roselyn, nice job on the workout.

Belinda, I really like my yoga tune up balls and the little bag they come in is nice for working legs and hips with both balls. I used to feel the same way about time when we had a hot tub. I never wanted to spend time sitting in it when I had other things to do. I guess if I could do an activity while I was sitting in one it might make a difference. I am not one to sit and relax which was evident in all my stiffness when I got to pt. They kept trying to get me to relax the muscles so they could work with them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.