Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2022!!

Today I did Coffey fit Raw Slim Sculpt, 28:52 minutes as it took a bit longer since I wrote down the moves, 108 calories, heart rate 109/144, 1,242 steps. I then did a short part of Cathe Lite metabolic stopping after the first weight segment when she does snatches, 7:27 minutes, 21 calories, heart rate 101/114. I changed and did Cathe Perfect Pump premix lower body, bands, and core. I did two of the core moves only as I did not want to stress my neck. This was 33:30 minutes, heart rate 100/119, 1,036 steps, 102 calories. Total time was 62 minutes, 231 calories, 2,278 steps. My neck feels a little better today as long as I don't look down more than a quick moment. I need to get in bed. My granddaughter will be here at 6 in the morning. Tomorrow will be a rest day. I did not get much sleep again last night due to the storms. The loud claps of thunder and then the power went out around 5 am as my husband had just came home. I could not go back to sleep and I had went to bed at midnight. Kelly does go quite a bit heavier than I did on this workout.

Raw Slim Sculpt
Kelly uses 15's for heavy most of the time
Bent over row /curl heavy 10's
step knee/reverse lunge right
followed by overhead press/ upper cut right
repeat left I used 3# dbs

chops across body 5's (they do this with heavy weights)
power up on step lifting arms right followed by
5# dbs (light) swings /kickback /hook
repeat on left side

heavy dumbbell pass(toss db overhead hand to hand, I used 8# and went slow handing to the other hand
step kick side lateral leg raise
light weights 3# dbs curl /cross right then repeat both moves on left

curl up/monkey row heavy I used 10#curtsy lunge off step right
light dumbbells 3# dbs pec dec/punch
repeat on left side

Good morning,

XTrain Cardio Leg Blast modified is done. I am following Cathe's May 22 rotations.

Debbie - I had the same problem with buying too much vegetables. I need simple and easy recipes. I need to look at Kiki's ebook. Thank you! It was probably too many vaccines back to back. I will not get anymore. I can't find a antibodies testing anywhere that does tell you how many antibodies you actually have? Please don't feel bad you mention what's going on with you. We all go through a lot. I hope you feel better soon. Your workout yesterday looks amazing! WTG!

I will be back later

I did a Hannah Eden strength HIIT workout this morning on IFIT. Interesting format. 3 reps, 5 moves, 10 rounds. So you get the same reps if you did 3 sets of 10 but only 3 at a time so the idea is to go heavy and then chain the moves back to back so when one muscle fatigues you do a different muscle - kinda a PHA idea.

So 3 deadlifts, 3 cleans, 3 front squats, 3 bi curls, 3 OH presses makes one round.

I was scared to try her series because she does so much crazy HIIT with jumping but I really liked this one.

Good Morning,

I haven’t been feeling well got a virus that is kicking my but so wasn’t up for working out I did BeachBody Fire & Flow Upper Body Fire WK1 D1. These workouts are 3 days with Jericho Mathew & Elise.

Debbie-I started at Ulta Monday and worked a couple hours yesterday and 4 hours Thursday. My schedule is weird and I only work 4 hours a day.

Reactions: WD
Today is a rest day. I have been working out two days on, (two hard workouts) and then a rest day. This is working out pretty good for me because after my long cardio day I am really tired the next day.

Great job on the workouts today!

I forgot to post my workout, been so busy! This morning I did CFM Boxfit Workout #1 which is the boxing workout. Love that workout. I also did my PT exercises.

Be back tomorrow for personals.

Today I took advantage of our wellness day at work and did a 45 min Cardio Circuit. It was a cardio/body weight/core circuit. 5 circuits repeated 3x 45/15. I actually got a pretty decent workout. I also did a pilates class and when I got home from work I did ICE Chiseled Upper Body.

Good workouts everyone!

I had to be at work early again today so I jumped on my treadmill and did about 35 minutes. At least I got some steps in.

My knee is feeling pretty good but I still have a hard time bending down with it. Not sure what is causing this? It is much better, though. I almost forget I have an issue with it.

Diane - Slim Sculpt looks good, I was going to watch it and see what it all entailed. I still need to stay away from leg exercises right now but hopefully soon I can do them. Nice job with your workout! My neck and upper back have been fine lately. If I pay attention at work and don't scrunch my shoulders up to my ears, which I tend to do when I'm typing all day, I'm fine. I think that is a big culprit for me, I am always lifting my shoulders up.

Belinda - I have too many veggies right now that I'm trying to use up. I've been making those egg rolls that Kiki has in her cookbook. Excellent and easy!! I want to make more soon. If you haven't tried them, try them!

Roxie - Wow on Charlotte!! I really wish Ulta would get her stuff, I don't order from Sephora much. I recently purchased a Rare Beauty Liquid Blush and LOVE it. All you need is a small dot of it. I have Encourage and it's a great color. I want to get more. Hope you like working at Ulta. I was thinking about getting a summer job at one, but then I wouldn't make any money! LMAO!!!

Gotta go, really busy again. Yikes!! Have a great day everyone!

Today I had a great workout, Cathe Live #351 Intense Upper Body and boy was it a goodie. This workout was each body part at a time, numerous exercises and then repeat it all again before moving onto the next body part. Cathe lifts heavier in this workout and slower, this is the perfect workout for me. She actually is using 20# DB's for Bicep Curls in the workout, I only went as high as #15's and that was good enough for me. There is no core or abs in this workout, I have to do that again sometime by the end of the week. Workout was 54 minutes and I burned 417 calories.

Debbie, great job on the walk today even though you were short on time.

Cam, wow on the workouts yesterday!!!

Belinda, nice job on the Xtrain workout. I really like those workouts.

Roxie, I hope you are feeling better.

Doreen and Roselyn, I hope you both have great workouts today.

Make it a great day.

This morning I did 25 minutes on the bike and then decided to take Zion out for a bit of a bike ride as well. Oh. My. Goodness.... We were doing good until we spotted another Husky headed toward us. So I decided to turn around and take another route to avoid. We got headed that direction and now the dog is on the other side of a drainage ditch from us. Zion decideds to stop and back up suddenly and pops right out of his harness!! Of course now we're right next to a major street and he realizes he was free but heads towards the drainage ditch - which has a steep embankment so he paused. I laid the bike down and found 1 treat in my pocket to try to lure him back to me. Thankfully he decides to come and I get him on the leash and can get the harness tightened back up. Only to get home and realize that I lost my gloves in the process. I put the dog inside and retraced my route to go find them!!

Debbie - is that recipe in her Plentiful Lean for Weight Loss book? Now I want to make those, lol. Great job on your walk.

Jolie - I love XTrain, they are so much fun. Great job on the CL today

Today I did Penny Barnshaw 40 min. Leg & Booty No Repeat Weights & Minibands. This is in my favorites playlist. One I like to do once in awhile. It hits it all. I also took my dog for a walk. It's a beautiful night.

Doreen, I feel for you. You always hope for a quiet walk/bike ride, but you never know what you will encounter. That must have been scary. Glad it turned out ok for you.

Good workouts everyone!

Today I did CDorner Fast Basic Step, 43 minutes, heart rate 123/153, 205 calories, 3,755 steps. I then did PT moves along with Lite Pyramid Pump back using lighter dumbbells than Cathe. This was around 25 actual minutes, but I forgot to start my Garmin, so it has me at 18 minutes, 46 calories. I needed to go to the store as I have grandchildren coming over to spend the night tomorrow and have some fun. Total time was 61 minutes (according to watch) 251 calories, 3,577 steps as I did not check steps on the strength work. I had a nice time with my granddaughter yesterday and took a rest day.
I finally got kale from Whole Foods. I like that better than getting it at Walmart because I can get organic. They also carry a baby kale that is raised here in our state.
I am always reading of new books with new formulas for health and eating. I swear they make it seem if you just follow their plan you will be pain free and well. It bothers me when they cut out foods. I was read Gundry MD's stuff and it is interesting, sort of makes since as the foods are really healthy, but then I think God gave people bread, meat, grains, fruit, vegetables are mentioned and honey. So why are they a problem now. Lectins?? Oh, well, I almost ordered another book and decided not to as I have lots. Besides any that I seriously tried did not make a lot of difference. We all know sugar is unhealthy. I would guess sugar and all of the artificial manmade creations are the problem. I made my favorite salmon recipe tonight with ground flax and dijon mustard coating and a grape salsa. Yum!!

Doreen, that sounds like an ordeal with your dog getting loose. I bet your heart rate really went up when your dog had the choice of a busy street or drainage ditch. I hate when I am out and my dog gets loose. I had that happen with some special leash I bought that easily slipped on. It broke and off went my dog. She came back when I called her though and fortunately there was not another dog, squirrel or whatever to draw her attention. Too bad you had to go back to find your gloves.

Debbie, Raw Slim Sculpting leg work is weightless, but uses the step, so your knee might not like it. I did like it, but not so much the passing the dumbbell back and forth over the head. Just a bit too intense on the shoulder and they were using much heavier than me. I do have on sticking point on my shoulder strength and that is when I reach up in a cupboard or something to put a plate or bowl away, and it sort of trembles. It is just the angle and having something in my hand I guess. I am sure that strength area will come back eventually. It is kind of the same little area that I was working with the Body Blade, which I do not have. Those 30 sec timed sessions had my shoulder and arm trembling and I hardly got any movement out of it. I should try to have my husband get me the stuff Bob and Brad PT's used to make a homemade body blade for people that wanted to try it out. They put the things needed at the bottom of the youtube. It is pretty much my neck the last couple of days. My upper back is not as sore, but I woke with the surgery shoulder really sore this morning and I did nothing yesterday. I am guessing it was how I slept last night. It feels better this evening.

Cam, that is nice that you were able to use a wellness day at work. Nice workout today with Penny Bradshaw and one of your favorites. It is nice out tonight here too. Finally no rain.

Roxie, your mentioning Jericho reminded me that I have some kickboxing workouts with her in them that are not Beach Body that I really liked a lot. I went and dug out the Tracey Staehle one.

Belinda, nice work getting in XTrain Chest Shoulders, and Back. Those are some long workouts if I remember right.

Jolie, I am glad you had a great workout today with Cathe Live Intense Upper Body.

This morning I did RAW Box & Pump 2 and had an excellent workout. I love this workout and my knee is feeling pretty good so I did a few higher impact moves. So far so good. I went higher in weights from the last time I did this on some exercises. Used my 1# sand weights for the boxing parts.

Boxing Drill
Squat Rows
: 15's - 16 reps
Run Rows: 8's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill
Overhead Press
: 12's - 16 reps
Connected Front/Side Raise: 5's

Boxing Drill
Overhead Triceps Extension
: 15# - 16 reps
Run Kickbacks: 5's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill
Chest Flies
: 15's - 16 slow reps
Run Press: 8's - lots of reps
Ab work: 5's
Hammer Curls: 15's - 16 reps
Run Curls: 8's - lots of reps.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 378 calories and did 3286 steps. HR was 144/182. Love this workout!

Jolie - Nice job with your CL workout yesterday. I can't believe Cathe used 20's for bicep curls. Wow!! My elbows start to give me problems when I go above 15's for bicep work. :(

Doreen - Yikes on your bike adventure yesterday!! Hope you were able to find your gloves.

Belinda - Yes, it's on page 184 - I have the actual book at home. It should be the same page in the digital book as well. It's under Cravings.

Cam - Great job with your workout!

Diane - I agree, everyone claims this diet or this way of life will eliminate pain and it never does. Sugar is definitly a culprit as well as processed foods. I never eat processed foods but I do have a sweet tooth at times. Nice job with your workout yesterday! I like Bob and Brad's Youtube stuff, they are funny too.

Have a great day everyone! So glad it's Friday and a long weekend! I hope you all enjoy Memorial Day!

I did a 30 minute HIIT with Hannah Eden this morning. She was in front of some type of waterfall in Sweeden this morning. There were people walking on the paths up to the waterfall - i would be embarrased to workout in front of so many people but probably not if my form and execution are as great as hers.

We are getting ready to head out for Memorial Day and try to get some fishing and paddle boarding in.

Debbie - thank you! I found it under cravings page 175. Where do you find vegan egg roll wrappers? what is the name brand you use? I will make those this weekend. They look simple. Great job on your workouts. I will get my workout in later. DH and I cleaning out this office. We are getting ready to remodel it.

Debbie - thank you! I found it under cravings page 175. Where do you find vegan egg roll wrappers? what is the name brand you use? I will make those this weekend. They look simple. Great job on your workouts. I will get my workout in later. DH and I cleaning out this office. We are getting ready to remodel it.
Usually you can find them in the produce section of any grocery store and usually in the Vegan refrigerated part of the produce section. I'm at work and can't find the ones I get from Giant Eagle, I hate their website, you can't find anything on there. But they are with the vegan things like tofu and vegan cheeses. Hope this helps!

Usually you can find them in the produce section of any grocery store and usually in the Vegan refrigerated part of the produce section. I'm at work and can't find the ones I get from Giant Eagle, I hate their website, you can't find anything on there. But they are with the vegan things like tofu and vegan cheeses. Hope this helps!
Thanks Debbie! I will look at the local grocery store Martins, they usually have a nice selection of vegan food. I haven't made anything with wrappers. There is another recipe right under the egg rolls, looks also good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.