Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2022!!

Good evening,

Today was a scheduled rest day on the Iron rotation. DS and DIL took some time off work today, we ended up going to the El Paso zoo. We lived in EP for many years, we never went to the zoo? I was surprised how nice it was. Definitely worth visiting. We had a great time. It was crowded with school children.

We used to live and stationed in El Paso. We also owned a house here. Yesterday we drove to see our old house. It’s a very nice neighborhood. When we bought our house, there was hardly anything except our neighborhood which grew in size. There where a lot of desert around, it’s all new neighborhood, restaurants, hospital . Homes used to be cheap compared to other cities, They dribbled in prices. There is a 2700 square foot beautiful house, it listed at almost $ 800.000. Home are contemporary, very beautiful. I was told prices went up, people from CA and other cities are moving to EP. Th housing market is insane. Great job on your workouts.

Good night!

I really didn't feel much like workig out since I worked from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. yesterday but I didn't want to miss another workout this week. So this morning I did REAL RAW Box & Pump 2 and ended up having a great workout. Give me boxing, weights and 80's music and I am a happy camper!

Boxing Drill
Squat Rows
: 15's - 16 reps
Run Rows: 8's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill
Overhead Press
: 10's - 16 reps
Connected Front/Side Raise: 5's

Boxing Drill
Overhead Triceps Extension
: 12# - 16 reps
Run Kickbacks: 5's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill
Chest Flies
: 15's - 16 slow reps
Run Press: 10's - lots of reps
Ab work: 5's
Hammer Curls: 12's - 16 reps
Run Curls: 8's - lots of reps.

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 349 calories and did 3205 steps. HR was 133/182. I felt I got that high, too, I was working hard. Glad I did it!!

Belinda - Wow on the cost of houses in El Paso. But I guess that is everywhere. There are housing developments going up near us and they start in the $250,000 range. That is unheard of where I live. I purchased my house for $30,000, now it's worth $150,000 with all the stuff we've done to it and the addition we put on it. But if I were to sell it today, I know we could get $200,000 for it. Crazy. Yes, students are everywhere this time of year, lots of field trips going on! LOL!!

Roselyn - Great job with your cardio!

Hope you all have a great day and weekend. So glad it's FRIDAY!!!

Today I did CDorner Low Impact Cardio 80's music, 44 minutes, heart rate 124/154, 200 calories, 4,981 steps. I then did CDorner Full Body Stretch/mobility stretch and relaxation, 31 minutes, 59 calories, 179 steps heart rate 83/107. Total time was 75 minutes, 259 calories, 5,160 steps. I still have that neck pain. I did rolling for traps and lots of stretches for neck and shoulders. It feels more like spasms and a certain areas just feels trapped. Trying to work on inflammation. I will do my PT exercises tomorrow with other strength work. It will be a busy weekend with granddaughter's wedding and rehearsal dinner.

Cam great job being able to hold the V-sit for 1 minute. Your doctor is probably right. We do need some lighter days and recovery time.

Belinda, I think houses have went up everywhere. I bet sales slow as the interest starts climbing up. We have lived in our house a year now and the prices have went up. People are buying these houses they are building around us fast as they build them. It seems most here are around 250,000 to 300,000. I bet it was fun going to the zoo.

Debbie, nice work today. I do like those workouts that Kelly did 80's music in. I am glad to hear your knee is feeling good. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Hi everyone,

I did Iron Full Body this morning. We also went for a walk before it got to hot too walk all the dogs. Afterwards we went to New Mexico.

Debbie - homes are very expensive here in El Paso. Fort Biss also expended. I hardly recognized it from the last time we visit the base. Don’t give me wrong the houses are beautiful, but very expensive. Homes are more here in EP than it’s in the DC area :( Wow, on the price on your house. We paid less for our house in WV than you would get here in EP. Our house is over 4000 square feet. Our house went up over a half of million in our neighborhood. Crazy house market. My son and DIL live in the mountains very nice neighborhood. Too many scorpions for my taste. We lived in a different part of El Paso, we didn’t had scorpions. At least I never saw one. Glad your knee is feeling a lot better. Fingers crossed!

Diane - my husband said the same. Once the market slows down so will all the high housing prices. They are building houses everywhere. I hardly recognized anything. Like I mention everything when we lived here was dessert everywhere not it’s all new housing area. Crazy how things change in just a few years. The last time we visit EP was 6 years ago, my son got married here. My DIL family all live here. We still have a lot of friends live in EP from the military we knew. I was going to visit them, looks like we are running out of time. We flying back to DC on Tuesday next week. I did had a blast here. I really needed this. Although my RP been acting up like crazy, I still have lots of fun seeing and visiting my son and DIL. Sorry you still dealing with so much. Hope you feel better.

Roselyn - I was looking through a lot of short rotations from Caroline. I may do one of those or sprinkle in some Cathe?

Good night.

Reactions: WD
Hi,

Today is a rest day on Carline Iron rotation. Tomorrow is the last workout. I am still deciding what I will do next?

Today it was too hot too walk, I did Cathy’s Perfect 30 Low HIIT plus Flow mobility. Had a great workout this morning.

Have a great Saturday!

Today I did CDorner Lively Step Aerobics 134 bpm from 3 days ago. 38 minutes, 202 calories, 3,216 steps, heart rate 129/149. I then did CDorner Abs & Legs, no equipment. 29 minutes, 100 calories, heart rate 103/128, 1,206 steps (lots of leg movement) This had my legs burning. I kept my head on the floor during most of the ab work. The abs was not really long as there is core done with the last standing leg section.
I also did PT exercises, 26 minutes, 63 calories, heart rate 87/116. I skipped a bit of it as I am still dealing with my neck and did not want to go to wedding activities in lots of pain.
Total time was 93 minutes, 365 calories, 4,423 steps.

Yesterday I took a 3 mile walk after dinner. This morning I did DC Fitt 45 min. No Repeat Full Body Cardio & Strength. It was good cardio but a little light on the weights end of it. I would have like more strength work. Nonetheless, I got a good, sweaty workout. Tonight I will most likely take a walk. Warm here but very dry, so not bad. Ran a bunch of errands and finally sitting down, enjoying time on my patio and having a cold beverage. Love this weather. It just makes me happy in this crap economy we live in.

Good workouts Ladies!

Belinda, have you checked out Vera LaRo? You might enjoy her rotations.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Good morning,

Today I did my last workout for Iron series. Arms and abs is done. I still haven’t decided what I will do next week?

Have a great Sunday.

Today I did Penny Barnshaw 30 min Legs & Booty Stength and Cardio Tabata. Great 30 min. workout. She did 3 circuits, lower body with weights, cardio Tabata, and band work. Each exercise was 20/10 3x. Super sweaty but fun.

One more week of craziness and then it should settle down for me. I walked on my treadmill today because every part of my body is so sore from lawn work this weekend. I didn't even want to think about lifting weights. Walked about 1.25 miles and then I did that CDorner's stretch I like doing for neck and shoulders. I'll need to do my knee PT exercises this evening because I ran out of time. My knee has been pretty good although after doing all that yard work on Saturday it swelled up a bit. It doesn't hurt anymore walking up and down the stairs so that is good. Still a bit hard to pull back to do a quad stretch but it's better. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be back to normal.

Gotta go, great job witj your workouts everyone! Sorry I can't do personals.

Good morning,

3 mile walk is done. It’s so hot outside. Had to carry Sadie in her sling the entire time. I need a travel stroller for her, lol.

Yesterday DH and I visit some very old friend here in EP. They both German. They are a lot older than us. It was 100‘ here yesterday, we sat outside and had a nice lunch with them.

Today is our last day in TX, tomorrow we fly back home. I had an amazing time here. I am doing some laundry so I don’t have too much dirty clothes when I get home.

Debbie - glad your knee is feeling better.

Cam -great job on your leg workout.

Diane, Jolie and Roslyn —-have a great workout today.

BBL!

I am back and so happy to be working out again! My son's college graduation was fantastic, I cried when he got his diploma, I was so emotional for whatever reason. I ate and drank so much hanging out with all men for 5 days, I feel like I gained 10 pounds. I went ahead and joined Cathe Live for at least one month just to get some variety into my workouts. I will only be doing the weight workouts and the slower one's, so I do not get hurt. Today I did one of my favorite workouts, #136 Upper Body Challenge with the ball. It is a slow workout and I love the format. Workout has an ab workout at the end, but I had to modify a lot of the exercises to suit my back issue. Workout was 65 minutes and I burned 408 calories. I bet I will be sore tomorrow. I was reading the posts from last week and saw about the house prices in certain areas of the country. I bought a track house for 1 million dollars and now the average cost of homes near me start at 1.6 million for a tear down. Debbie, I would kill to buy a house for 30K!!!! You can only imagine what my mortage payment is each month. California sucks, except for the incredible weather and the beach. Our country is so out of control for costs of anything anymore. How can the average person save for retirement!

Debbie, good luck with the last hectic week of school, summer break is right around the corner! Great job on getting a TM walk in even though your body is sore from yard work.

Belinda, have fun with your friends!!!

I hope you all have great workouts today and I will go back and read the posts from last week to get caught up with all of you and your workouts.

Did a bike ride Saturday with my son who is home from his freshman year (and all the stuff from his dorm is in the garage to prove it). He's got a job about 5 minutes from our house for the summer to try to make some money to help with rent/utilities for next year.

My husband is trying to find a time to get the boat out for some fishing. Two times he's tried the wind has been to high and white caps on the lake.

We did a bunch of yard work this weekend too because the wind blew a big limb out of our tree.

Today I wanted to do lower body to build some strength there. I went to the Raw channel on my fire tv and purchased the subscription through Amazon for the 8.99. I am sad I lost my 6.99 subscription I originally purchased. I checked several times more and Kelly's website is still having warnings. I can't go make sure my payment info is off of there. I had a fun time with the rehearsal dinner saturday evening that was on a rooftop downtown. Then my granddaughter's wedding was beautiful. They were married outside in a garden setting and then we all went inside for the festivities.
I did some of Raw Box and Pump 5 till it got to snatches and I stopped. This was 12:37 minutes, 72 calories, 845 steps. So I did Raw Burn Out: lower body, which was 51:14 minutes for me. I used the Garmin strength setting and forgot to take it off rest when I did some of the supersets. Calorie burn 142, heart rate 99/132, 760 steps. Total time was 65 minutes, 214 calories, 1,605 steps.
This was supersets done 3 times each Kelly uses 20# for most of the weight work, I used 12# and it is timed

squats 12# dbs 10, 13,13 reps
superset with body weight squats up onto toes standing 46, 35, 30 reps

reverse lunges 12# dbs 12,12,12 reps
superset with no weight reverse lunge arms overhead 11,12,12 reps

Plies single db 12# 12,18,13 reps
superset with plie pops 12 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps

front lunge/side lunge 12# dbs 7 reps, 8 reps 8 reps
superset with body weight side to side lunge with reach 28, 24, 26 reps

bridges no weight figure 4 bridge right 25 reps left 25 reps
leg extended up 24 reps right 24 left
leg extended up 25 reps right then 25 left

Cam, getting outside and enjoying the peace and beauty is so much better than being elsewhere looking at terrible prices, and work circumstances. I was thinking how nice it was being outside trimming roses and sitting on the patio with my dog. It sure helps let go of all of the negative mess our leaders have got us into.

Debbie, I bet you are looking forward to the freedom and extra time in the mornings. I do that CDorner stretch a lot.

Belinda, that is wonderful that you had such a great time and got to visit with friends and have lunch. Good for you getting in your walk this morning.

Jolie, I found it emotional each time there was a special step in my children's lives. The graduations, weddings, and birth of first grandchild. I am glad you had such a great time. I have been needing to alter moves for myself when doing abs.

Doreen, I am sure it is nice having your son home. That is great he got a job near by to help with his rent. It has been windy so much here. There was just a breeze at the wedding yesterday. I went out to do work outside today and it is hot!! No wind at all.

Tonight I did a CDorner 50 min Upper Body Strength & Cardio. It was an older one and the picture quality wasn't the greatest but I liked the workout.

Diane, glad you enjoyed the wedding. That stinks about the RAW channel but glad you got a good workout. Yes, this country is depressing. I feel horrible for the parents that can't get baby formula. It's unacceptable and when I hear much of it has gone to the border for illegals, I get furious. This administration hates our country. Shameful.

Jolie, glad you enjoyed the graduation. Good workout! Enjoy Cathe Live.

Debbie, I bet you can't wait for summer break.

So my summer break doesn't start until June 16, but my last school special event is tomorrow. So that is good, I have a few weeks to start planning for next year. Can't wait for summer break!!

No workout for me today, I woke up at 2:30 a.m. and realized we had no power. I called the electric company to report it in hopes it would be on in time for me to workout. No such luck. It didn't come on until twenty to 6!! WTH?? It was out all over our area so I have no idea what happened. Anyways, no big deal. My knee is feeling really good lately so I don't want to over do it anyways.

Belinda - Wow, that Iron series seems to have flown by!! Nice job finishing it!! Looking forward to seeing what you will be doing next.

Jolie - You wouldn't be a mom if you didn't choke up when you have milestones for your kids!! Congrats on getting him through college, that is awesome!! Hope he can find something in his field that he loves to do. Glad you're back!

Diane - Nice job on that leg workout! I want to do a leg workout so bad, hopefully soon. That is so weird about Kelly's website and your subscription. Why isn't it fixed yet? That doesn't look very good for her.

Roselyn - Back to the Beast, huh? LOL! I can't count how many times you have done those workouts. They are awesome, though!

Cam - I also feel bad for women who have babies right now. WTF is going on in this country? It's embarassing! Great job with your workout.

Doreen - Hope your DH can get the boat out soon. We have one as well and I get sick on it if it's too wavy. :(

Have a great day everyone!!

If you know anyone that is in need of baby formula you can get it on Amazon. It is only the US that is out of formula. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Canada and then you can enter any address you want it to be shipped to in the US. It is only our idiot President that is letting this happen in our country, nowhere else has any issues.

Today I did an 80 minute walk through the hills on the TM, traveled 4.2 miles and burned 651 calories. My upper body is so sore today, I had not done a high rep workout in awhile so that really did me in yesterday with the DOMS :)

Debbie, bummer about the power being out last night. Good luck this week, your summer break is right around the corner! My son is not coming home from college for another year and a half, he is starting his Masters in Finance this month. He will be able to get a job any where in the world with his degrees and the Masters so I am not worried about him finding a job. He could be a CFO or he can get into Portfolios or even being a independent contractor. He wants to work for Ernest and Young and that would be the highest paid income starting out, my husbands best friend works there and said he could get him a job when he gets his Masters degree.

Cam, nice job on the workout yesterday. I notice that some of the old workouts are poor quality because I think someone just makes a copy and posts it on the internet.

Doreen, sounds like fun to have your son home for the summer, enjoy the laundry!!! :(

Belinda, nice job on completing the Iron Series!!!

Roselyn, great workout yesterday. I signed up for Cathe Live for the next 30 days or so just to get some variety, are you going to do a BB rotation?

Diane Sue, great job working legs yesterday!

Make it a great day, it is cool and foggy here today, I find it hard to get moving in the morning when it is overcast outside.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.