Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2021

Today I had a fantastic cardio workout. I started with the TM, uphill at 6.0 incline, traveled 2.4 miles, 41 minutes and burned 372 calories. Next I ran on my elliptical, manual mode, I was on about every incline there is and I went between 5.0 and 6.0 resistance. I traveled 2.6 mile, 21 minutes and burned 261 calories. I did a 5 minute cool down on the TM because I was breathing really hard from the running. Total time was 67 minutes and I burned 681 calories, that includes the calories burned while cooling down. Amazing how good I feel but at the end my toe and knee started to ache so I stopped.

I got a new liquid joint formula at Costco and boy is it doing wonders for my pain. I seriously have NO pain when I wake up anymore and I have only used it for a week. It's by Natures Way and it is called Joint Movement Glucosamine Extra Strength, Glucosamine 2,000 mg, Chondroitin 1200 mg and Msm with Vitamin D3. I cannot believe what a difference this has made vs the table forms I have taken in the past. I love anything in liquid form I tend to take it more consistently.

Debbie, maybe you should check into boosting your minerals and try what I am taking, it has relieved a lot of the spasm issues I was having lately. Nice job with the workout today, sorry you are not feeling good again. I would try a Chiro, one that does not crack you, I like the ones that use the gun to adjust you, it is pain free. I go to DNFT Chiro but there are very few of them in the US. Try to see if there is one by you! My youngest son is the one that went off the deep end and he has totally turned himself around, maybe becoming to regimented, but hell, I will take that any day compared to what he put us through for 4 years. My oldest is the football player.

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday! I am loving lifting again, but let me tell you, I sure lift lighter so I dont get injured again. Recovering from injury is the worst, I have a hard time being patient. I seem to hurt myself not working out!!!

Doreen, nice job on the workout today!

Belinda, I hope you have a nice workout today.

BBL to read the other posts.

Reactions: WD
Hi everyone,

I did my workouts this morning, afterwards I started cleaning my house.

I did CL # 346 Lift it, Split it Upper Body: Back and Biceps plus SBF D53 Natural Spine stretch + UB stretch.

Debbie - what is a pantry shopper? I do find some of the FOK recipes you have to add more spices than they recommend. My husband got me 3 week FOK cooking lessons with a private chef. DH wanted to gift me the FOK 90 day session. I am not new to cooking/or getting around the kitchen. DH thought the private chef would be more up my alley, lol. Not sure what the chef will teach me? My mom was a chef. I was cooking in the kitchen at a young age. I hope you find out soon what is causing all your pain.

Jolie - glad the new new liquid joint formula is helping you. Great job on your workout today.

Great job everyone. I am done for today.

Today the plan was to do Kelly's neck and shoulder limitation weight workout, but my elbow and shoulder woke me up at 4 this morning hurting. So I did cardio. I did CDorner #169 Steady State Cardio at Home, 32 minutes, 201 calories, heart rate 149/181, 3664 steps ( I got 12 more calories out of this last time I did it, but it seems to get the heart rate up well) I then did Cathe Step Blast from the Body Blast series premix combos 1,2,and 3 adding the stretch, 33 minutes, 186 calories, heart rate 136/169, 2,596 steps. I finished off with CDorner, Just Stretch full body deep stretch, 26 minutes, 41 calories, 36 steps. As usual this was a good stretch. She uses a chair for this and starts with feet and works up doing forearm, wrist and hand stretches and then neck. I accidentally clicked it when I meant to do the one next to it that was a quick mobility and shorter. I have not done this one before. Total time was 91 minutes, 428 calories, 6,296 steps.
I am still loving my Garmin watch. I still find myself half expecting it to go crazy like the other watches I have had do. I am sure there are quirks to it somewhere that is lacking, but it works well for what I do and handy that it automatically feeds the calories and time spent to MFP. So no need to log it separately.
I was going to make a trip to Walmart since my grandson is in the classroom today and tomorrow, but am way to tired. I will save that for tomorrow. I stayed up late and gave my dog Gertie a shower which still was difficult as she was ready to leave when she saw the shower sprayer shooting water our while hanging. It does not reach the floor like at our other house and it is a walk in shower. We were both soaked and my hair got wet while trying to hang on to her and the shower head. Normally she always just stood there and followed suit giving me one paw at a time to soap up and clean with a cloth. I am hoping we get this figured out and more comfortable over time. Then it took me till almost midnight getting that huge bath area cleaned and making sure all dog hair was up. I gave her extra cookies when we were done.

Debbie, I guess I could look at Youtube on my phone or tablet ahead and choose a workout. I went to here website today and looked at what is coming up. The cardio mash up tomorrow should be fun as she describes the music as maybe making you want to sing with it. Today she had a lower body cardio workout she did, but I am not ready for that. Using the new band and the 20 and 15# dumbbells through the workout yesterday left me sore. I think holding that 20# dumbbell is why my elbow and front of my shoulder were hurting when I was sleeping. You are right about picking the weights up and causing a flare up of the whole thing again. I keep thinking about the physical therapist saying I needed to strengthen the underlying muscles in the back to help those that are tight and pulling on the neck and shoulders. How to do that without causing pain is another thing though. I just cannot seem to get that done. You work those muscles and the others take over.
I never paid a lot of attention to the flights of stairs except noticing they were up in the 20's and 30's when I had my grandchildren over and my grandson was always needing me to come up stairs or down stairs. Also when loading stuff up to move it racked up some stairs. Otherwise I think it was generally around 8 to 10 floors, I just quit looking at it much after I got it and saw what it does.
I go to Whole Foods on my Prime account and I can just pull up the last order or past purchases, edit some and send out another order which cuts down on all of the long lists. I have a short one now for things I need to pick up at Walmart. Things like the Low Carb Tortillas for my husband I pick up there. Whole Foods only has grain free tortillas and that sort of thing. Funny, that Sprouts always carried the Mission tortillas as well as the other types. Anyway, Whole Foods Delivery has been wonderful with all of the virtual schooling and busy days this past year, otherwise I do like choosing my own stuff. They do do a decent job on meats and vegetables though.

Doreen, nice work on Cardio Sculpt Overload. I would really like to try the newest Raw Overload workout, but the thought of egg weights along with the weight vest worries me with the neck and shoulders.

Jolie, great workout and calorie burn today. I thought that was interesting and wonderful that your son is so strict on his food and health plan after all of the trouble that he had earlier on. I have looked at those liquid glucosamine supplements. I prefer things in liquid form or that can be mixed into liquids and taken so I do not have to worry about tablets dissolving. I think that we all have some impatience with letting up with our strength training for very long.

Last edited:
this morning I did 30 minutes of Chris Freytag's mother's day Youtube workout (cardio and weight intervals) and then took the puppy for a walk about 20 minutes.

My daughter's volleyball tournament starts this weekend so I might not be back on here for much the next week since my family starts arriving for my son's graduation.

This morning I walked on my treadmill again. Feeling a bit better today but still pretty sore in the neck area.

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 252 calories, went 2.09 miles, did 5219 steps and HR was107/132.
My TM said I burned 325 calories and went 2.36 miles. I remember when my FB and TM were about identical with these readings. My Ionic was the one that was very accurate. I lost that accuracy when my DH bought me the Versa's.

Our health mandates will end on June 3rd. That means no more social distancing or masks. I have mixed feelings. I will probably still wear my mask in enclosed spaces like a grocery store or the like. Our governor is now bribing Ohioans with 5 - $1 million dollar prizes if we get vaccined by June 3. That's 5 million for kids 12-18 and 5 million for adults. Nothing like having to bribe people with money to get this vaccine. Unbelievable. We have people losing houses here in the county I live and he's doing a lottery so people get vaccinated.

Jolie - I think I will try that mineral you are on. We belong to Costco so I might just order some. Also, I'm starting to think I need to see a chiro - one you have described. It's weird because the second I start looking for PT doctors or the like, the pain goes away. I'll be home for the summer soon and may make an appointment to see one. I just refuse to let them crack my back or neck. No way. Great job with your workout yesterday!

Belinda - A pantry shopper is someone who pretty much stocks up with the items used often. Like oats, rice, spices, noodles - and it's easy when you are a vegan or vegetarian because you don't really vary much with ingredients. So before you go shopping you look to make sure you have all the items you use a lot for vegan meals. So it's easy for me to keep stock of things like that for myself but each week I plan a different meal for my DH and I always am buying different things. I looked up that cookbook and it's in a a different language on the Barnes & Noble website. I think it's in German. Bummer. I thought about doing those cooking classes from FOK but I've been cooking for 30 years. I'm pretty good at it. :)

Diane - I want to do Step Blast so bad, but I remember it taking up a lot of space and I don't have that much space anymore until I get rid of my leg press station. I might try it anyways because I loved that workout so much. I will do a premix like you did. I think I want a Garmin watch. I'm hoping to get one this Christmas. LOL!!! Nice job with your workouts, sorry your neck and shoulder were bothering you yesterday. What is it with us? My goodness, this seems like it will never go away. I agree with you, I think we need to strengthen the underlying muscles but dang, who has time for that? I feel like I'm wasting time doing that. I need to start, though, it might help. I'm about ready to see a chiropractor.

Have a great day everyone!!!

I just wrote the longest post and it vanished!!!! I am not typing it out again. I did STS Back and Triceps and had a great workout. I burned 421 calories.

Debbie, nice walk today and I hope you feel better.

Doreen, nice workout today and congrats on your sons graduation.

Diane Sue, I love your dogs name! Great workout yesterday. I am sorry that your neck is giving you issues, it is always something. I will get a Garmin when my FB finally kicks the bucket. I have had it for 4 years and it works great since I re booted it a few weeks ago.

Belinda, it is so nice you got to walk in DC!

I even hit the back button and it was gone. Oh well, I had a lot to say but I dont have time to type it all out again.

This morning I did CDorner Super Fun Cardio workout # 170 that she did this morning 289 calories, 45 minutes, 4,732 steps. I followed this with her new 10 minute abs and core workout (she uses 10# dumbbells) 31 calories, 11 minutes, 49 steps. Not sure about the steps other than my leg movements may have counted for steps. The last two minutes are plank work with some on forearms. I had to modify at the start because I have to have at least one hand to support my head otherwise I will pay for not doing it. I liked the Cardio workout and it was fun. Pretty much all low impact unless you want to add the optional movements. I added the jacks harder moves when I did it. Music was pretty fun for the most part. Some boxing moves in it like a lot of her floor cardio work. It got my heart rate up really well today. Total time was 55 minutes, 320 calories, 4,781 steps. I decided the upper body needed to wait. Not bad and I would have done stretching, but wanted to get out to Walmart and go by the post office to mail my registration for the second time since we moved for a voter id. I don't know why the first does not show. It is still my old address and since we are in a different county, barely, I have to reregister. It said the first time if I did not get my card by 30 days to notify them or go to the website. It has been 6 weeks. I check every day on informed delivery to see if it shows at the post office as I do not want it lost in the mail somewhere. I feel kind of annoyed about it. Hopefully it works this time as the process was a bit different and prefilled with my info other than signing before I took it to the post office. My husband got his! I bought some Base Culture Paleo bread with no grains in it and I guess it is okay. I like it best toasted and have been eating tuna sandwiches on it.

Doreen, nice work with Chris Freetag and taking the pup for a walk. Enjoy the volleyball this weekend. Does all of your family get to go to the graduation? or is it virtual. I am getting pretty tired of all of this stay home and virtual stuff. I want my freedom to come and go as I please.
We will be watching my granddaughter's graduation from OU on the OU sports network as we pay for the app. She said they are supposed to send a link for family members to watch virtually, but has not got it yet. She is finished with law school.

Debbie, I hope you can find help for your neck. Maybe if one of us could get this situation healed completely, we can help the other one. I used have to tell them at physical therapy that I was worse when I went home and would just start feeling better when I came back for the next visit. I took Advil before I went to prepare for it. They finally kept me with one PT instead of alternating me with different ones. She took the intensity down finally and was just gradually getting me into some strength stuff using the wall, small dumbbells at 3# and tubing.
That is ridiculous bribing people with money to get the vaccine. They either want it or they don't. This is the worst thing ever, trying to force their agenda on everyone. I have never worried about it excessively. I still don't after having the virus. Only about a 3rd of the people wear their masks in the stores where I am at now. Walmart of course still has a big sign in the window as the company I guess feels they "have to". Cancel culture and agendas are the thing now days to force what they want. I do not go out of my way to upset people though. I wear my mask in Walmart when I go. I left it off once, as I just didn't remember to put it on. The idea that those that have had the vaccines still need to wear masks is just ridiculous. It makes no sense. I worry about their idea to give the vaccine to young children. At the start the doctors had mentioned that the vaccine could cause problems particularly in young developing children. Our mandate was lifted a few months ago. The governor just said that he hoped people would use good judgement and I think most do. No one seems to crowd anyone in the stores. They move away from them and give them space.
I was a bit irritated when I saw my grandson's first two days back in the classroom and he had a sad face on day one and I figured school work?? No, it was he wouldn't keep his mask on. He just turned 7 last week. Besides those things end up off and on and dragged all over the place. I quit having him wear one in the store because it was flying all over and I was picking it up off the floor trying to get him to put it back on with whatever germs he picked up.
I do not have much room now for my workouts either. I have to go diagonally and work around the step in a c pattern sometimes to get the entire moves in otherwise I am backing up into stuff or tripping over things. I managed to do the Step Blast workout though, but did have to shorten some of the moves. It was always a favorite of mine and the music is fun.

Belinda, I always have a fully stocked pantry as well as far as broth, spices, coconut milk, different types of flour and grains. I mainly have to shop for the vegetables and fruits along with cheeses etc.. The perishable items. Today was a paper goods and laundry shopping day and quite expensive o_O I haven't picked up toilet paper in months after stocking back up when it became available, then trying to let it run lower before we moved. So it was that sort of thing today. Not so much meal planning items as I got that from Whole Foods. I keep forgetting to purchase some good vanilla though. I usually have that around and the last time there seemed to be a shortage and I got some Dollar general store brand and it has water and alcohol in it, so much so that it looks light brown. How they call it pure vanilla is beyond me.
I bet it was nice having a walk with your daughter this morning.

Jolie, I have done the same thing so many times and I understand. You know how chatty I am and then if I type out a whole workout with weights there is no way I am going to do it all again. Nice work on STS Back and Biceps. I have had Fitbits work better after rebooting and starting all over, but my Versa2 would not do that. I read so many people on Fit bit discussions complain that they could not figure out why they did not improve the problems by the time they got to the 3rd one. My Blaze worked better than that, and it was not right.

Last edited:
This moring I dug out Step Blast and OMG, what fun I had. I cannot believe I remembered this workout with no problems whatsoever. Everything came back to me very quickly. Such fun. I had issues with my DVD player (I hate that thing) so it took me about 15 minutes into my workout time to get moving. I need to get the downloads of these older workouts that I loved so much. I think Cathe and crew were in their best shape ever with this series and the Hardcore series. They all have incredible definition and muscle tone. I love the Painted Black song played in the challenge section (although I had to skip it due to time) and Fast Car for the stretch. Everything about this classic workout just made my day. It's probably been 10 years since I've done this. I want to do Step, Jump & Pump next week God willing. :)

Workout was 44 miutes, burned 257 calories, went 4474 steps and HR was 115/164. It took a bit of time for my HR to get up there but once it did it stayed there.

Belinda - Thanks, I will check out the Amazon link for that cookbook. I'd love to get it. Nice going with your 3 mile walk!

Jolie - ARRRG! I hate when I lose a long post, that has happened to me several times. Great job on your STS workout yesterday!!

Diane - I agree, I wish one of us could figure out how to fix this problem. I really thought it was the tricep tightness that was causing mine because once I started messing with that muscle, the knots went away. I am feeling really good today, hope it stays that way. I'm sure it's extremely hard for little kids to keep masks on. I did the 5th & 6th grade spelling bee last night and they were all pretty good, but those kids are older. I told them not to touch the microphone, just speak loudly and the mic would pick them up. Don't you know, there always has to be one kid that touches the mic and puts it right up to their mouths. Gross. I'm glad that kid went out fast. LOL!!!

Have a great workout and weekend everyone!!!

Hi,

I did CL Burn Set: BSC plus SBF UP/stretching.

Debbie - you are welcome! I can't remember the last time I did SB. Great job!

Diane - my pantry is always stocked. I do have to go shopping fresh vegetables/potatoes and fruit. We eat a lot of vegetables. I only buy organic pure vanilla. I buy mine in Costco. I only buy what I need for the week, unless is quinoa.

Jolie - sorry you lost your post yesterday. It happened to me so many times. Nice job on STS Back/Tricpes.

Have a great day.

Today I did CDorner45 minute Leg Sculpting and Cardio which was 47 minutes, but took me 56 for zoom interruption and writing, heart rate 115/151, 1,664 steps. I then did Perfect 30 Mobility Basics timesaver stretch with a few minutes of CDorner mobility, 24 minutes, 40 calories, 44 steps. I started CDorner and it was one that I have done awhile and I remembered it was a lot of feet and hand stuff so switched. Total time was 80 minutes, 253 calories, 1,708 steps.

Debbie, that is funny about the Paint it Black song. I went to the last part of the workout to check the music because I knew it was in there and I like that song. I kept that dvd out so I can do SJP and more of Step Blast. I am glad you had fun with it. Crazy kids. I have thought that with Mics and the like. I think keeping children from sharing germs is pretty much impossible. I bet you cringed when others used the mic. Funny, we all stopped blowing birthday candles in our family unless a special single cupcake was made specifically for that person. Except our Easter gathering my dil had my granddaughter's husband blow out his candles on the birthday cake. I tried not to pay attention to it. I didn't eat cake anyway. Mostly as I am not a real cake fan. I tried out my granddaughter and grandson's pie experiment with peaches and strawberries. It was pretty good.

Belinda, I usually purchase pure organic Vanilla from Sprouts. I have had several times lately where I couldn't even find any. My husband was with me during the start of the pandemic starting and found two small bottles of pure vanilla way on top of the shelving and I got that. There is no comparison to cheap so called pure vanilla and good quality stuff. Nice work with Cathe Live an SBF stretch today.

I forgot to post the workout that I wrote down.
CDorner Leg Sculpting and Cardio 47 minutes
Each round is repeated 3 times
dumbbells and loop band 15,20,25# and she used the pink medium band

Round 1 walking lunges (she only goes 2 paces and turns) alternative do alternating reverse lunge 15# dbs
side to side shuffle touch down
1 dumbbell side lunge to curtsy left side 15# first round then 20#
cardio side lunge knee up alternating
1 dumbbell side lunge to curtsy right side same weight as left side
repeat round 2 more times

Round 2 cardio squat twist (option knee circles)
single leg reverse lunge deadlift 15# dumbbells
cardio bear to squat or option squat kick
repeat single leg reverse lunge deadlift left side
repeat 2 more times

Round 3 Band
deadlift 25# dumbbells and band
cardio jump squats with band or option side to side taps
repeat 2 more times

stretch

Good Evening,

I did KCM Raw Kettlebell Dumbbell Fusion and then went for a 1.84 mile walk. I thought when I left the house I needed a jacket but then there was areas it was really warm we are expecting storms tonight so the weather is confused and causing me a major migraine. One side of my jaw is swollen and sore where they took out a wisdom tooth in November.

Debbie-I found a foundation that perfectly matched my skin tone which never happens it was a sample I got from Clinique it’s there newest one and it lasted all day.

Yesterday was rest day #2 for the week. Today I had a fantastic workout. I started with a 70 minute walk up hill on my TM, traveled 3.6 miles, 6.0 to 6.5 incline, 3.1 to 3.2 speed and burned 621 calories. Next, I did Muscle Meltdown Biceps and loved it! It is 3 rounds of the Giant Set of 5 exercises so you cannot lift heavy or your will be dying by the end like I was :) Total workout today was 85 minutes and I burned 761 calories.

Traditional Bicep Curls- 15's x 12, x 12, x12
Hammer Curls- 15's x12, x 12, x 12
Preacher Curls- 12's x 12, x 12, x 12
Incline Hammer Curls- 12's x 12, x 12, x 12
Conc. Curls- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12

My Biceps are pumped!

Nice workouts yesterday everyone!!!

Debbie, I love Cathe's older workouts so much better and their physique's back then are so motivating to me. I love their muscle definition, it is so inspiring. I am not sure if I have that step workout that you did yesterday, I will look and try it if I do. I would like to master one step workout in my lifetime! What is the easiest step workout to learn of Cathe's?

Have a wonderful workout and day today my friends.

Today I did CDorner's Advanced Step Aerobics that she filmed this morning. I had to forward fast past the talking and advertising which was 12 minutes so the workout was 60 minutes with a couple of quick stops, heart rate 128/163, 281 calories, 4,668 steps. This was good, but I really do not like the disco music all that much. I decided to save the new Advanced slower pace one for when I need a shorter workout. I also did Coffey Fit Raw : shoulder/neck limitation workout, 35 minutes heart rate 103/127 , 118 calories, 534 steps. Total time today was 95 minutes, 399 calories.
This workout has 3 rounds of the same moves done for 45 seconds
moves are
squats 15's
biceps curls 12's
reverse lunge alternating 15's
triceps kickbacks arm anchored 12# db
no weight balance knee up and circles alternating
anchored scapular squeezes 12# dbs

Jolie, great workout today. You really burned the calories.

We had to put ChuChu to sleep today. He couldn't get up to do this business this morning, when we tried to help him he couldn't stand or hold himself up anymore. He kept collapsing. He stopped eating and drinking water. Before we took him to the vet, we stopped at Burger King and got him a cheeseburger without all the fixings. He ate the cheeseburger at the vet, we had a private room. I miss him so much!! ChuChu was a rescue, he was almost 17 years old. Very sad day. I can't stop crying.

• Sad
Belinda - I am so sorry to hear that about ChuChu. So sad to lose a furry friend, its the worst thing to go through other than losing a loved one. Hugs to you, and just remember that you gave him a good home and lots of love. He had a great life thanks to you and your DH. Thoughts and prayers for you guys. I know how hard it is to go through that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.