Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2021

No workout this morning. I have to go back to get my granddaughter. Hoping things go well for her. She was worried about the social aspect of it all and when we pulled up some kids were walking in with backpacks. I am not sure why they would do that unless they were showing up late for school. They just said bring a pencil and paper and reading material if they finish before time is up. Her lunch was paid for ahead. My neck and shoulders are feeling good today :) . I hope I can get something good in tomorrow. I got my shopping done early so that is a plus. Walmart was not real busy this morning. I don't mind this Walmart so much. The employees and shoppers all seem really nice. The employees talk to people and offer to help if you cannot find something. Not a bunch of rude I could care less people. I guess because it is a smaller city. It is not far, only 3 miles and country roads of new development.

Debbie, I have lost my small pillow a lot of times. My husband will comment about finding it on his side of the bed. Once recently I kept looking and feeling around in the bed for it and found it on the floor when I woke up. Maybe it is running from me LOL. I need to get some of those bands. I checked her site out and had looked at them on Amazon. I used my heavy Cathe non latex band. I do have a couple of super heavy bands that are hard to move. For lower body I feel heavier is the way to go for results. Those wider fabric ones look nice. When I was still on facebook some of the ladies were talking about those bands. I am not on facebook anymore. I just cannot help out a platform that stifles our freedoms in good conscience. I wish Kelly would come up with something better than facebook.

I didn't sleep great last night so I tried a GHUTV Mobility and strength workout. She had some good mobility moves with light dumbells.

Belinda, nice work this morning.

Doreen, great job doing something when you did not get much sleep.

Jolie, I hope that your chiro appointment helped.

Roselyn, nice work on Body Beast.

Still not feeling right. Just walked on my treadmill and did CDorner's Neck and Back Stretch. It is a little longer than the one I did a couple days ago, but just as good. I made sure I had enough time to do the whole thing.

Diane - LOL on your pillow, that's funny!! I wish Kelly would post on another media as well, I'm not on FB and will never be. The only thing I'm still on (and that isn't saying much) is Twitter. Once Trump gets his social media platform up and running, I'm off of Twitter. He has his website up and he is posting on there about stuff, just like he did on Twitter and FB, but people can't post on there yet. I love reading what he's saying, though, it's like he's still in office. :) If your interested in reading his stuff, here is the website: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk I hope your granddaughter did well with her test yesterday!

Hope you all have great workouts!! Busy today, have a spelling bee for Grades 3 &4 this evening. Wish me luck!!

Reactions: WD
I did a Nourish Move Love total body strength this morning. Not sure I liked all the combos but it was a good workout.
Then I took the puppy for a walk. He can make it around the block pretty well now - about a 15 minute jaunt.

I wanted to share the Forks Over Knifes documentary with you guys. It's free and and eye opener, IMO! Based on the documentary I am glad I made the switch to plant based/no processed/oil free. It's completely fee to watch. I watched it last night with my family. I also would also highly recommend to watch Seaspiracy on Netflix.

Today will be my second rest day for the week. I went to the Chiro yesterday and boy am I glad I went. My toe was out of alignment and jammed so that was the cause of the pain while walking. Also, my knee cap was twisted and my Tibula and Fibula were out and that caused the knee to hurt even more. I had a cold laser session on my knee and toe to help with the inflammation and the healing process. I also did do a Bemer session and I feel amazing! I slept through the night, 10 hours, the first time in I over a year. Today I am feeling great but my knee and toe need time to settle in. So, I will now clean my gym room instead of working out :)

Debbie, nice job on getting two walks in the last two days. I forgot to tell you what brand of CBD I buy, it is called Medterra. I buy it at a store downtown for myself and my dog.

Doreen, I have never heard of the workout that you did today, where do you find these workouts, Youtube?

What is everyone doing for Mother's Day? I want to go for a walk at the beach with my whole family and then spend some time at the beach just enjoying the sun and water. My husband always gets my car washed for me which I love, and we are going to BBQ Shrimp, Lobster and Steak for dinner. I will forego the streak for Belinda :)! I see that it will not be too warm so the beach may be a no go, we shall see.

Belinda, nice job with STS TB today. Thanks for the link, I am scared to watch it!

Diane Sue, I hope you get a workout in today, I know you are so busy with school since the year is winding down.

Roselyn, way to go with the Body Beast workout. Are you doing the build workouts?

I wanted to share the Forks Over Knifes documentary with you guys. It's free and and eye opener, IMO! Based on the documentary I am glad I made the switch to plant based/no processed/oil free. It's completely fee to watch. I watched it last night with my family. I also would also highly recommend to watch Seaspiracy on Netflix.
Yep, great documentary. This is what made me want to eat plant based as well and started me eating a vegan diet as much as possible. Very good information and it's scary what people put in their bodies. The food we usually eat is literally killing us. I also recommend this. It is very good.

Debbie - I watched the documentary for the first time last night. Crazy what people eat.
Yep, great documentary. This is what made me want to eat plant based as well and started me eating a vegan diet as much as possible. Very good information and it's scary what people put in their bodies. The food we usually eat is literally killing us. I also recommend this. It is very good.
Debbie - have you watched Seaspiracy on Netflix?

Today will be my second rest day for the week. I went to the Chiro yesterday and boy am I glad I went. My toe was out of alignment and jammed so that was the cause of the pain while walking. Also, my knee cap was twisted and my Tibula and Fibula were out and that caused the knee to hurt even more. I had a cold laser session on my knee and toe to help with the inflammation and the healing process. I also did do a Bemer session and I feel amazing! I slept through the night, 10 hours, the first time in I over a year. Today I am feeling great but my knee and toe need time to settle in. So, I will now clean my gym room instead of working out :)

Debbie, nice job on getting two walks in the last two days. I forgot to tell you what brand of CBD I buy, it is called Medterra. I buy it at a store downtown for myself and my dog.

Doreen, I have never heard of the workout that you did today, where do you find these workouts, Youtube?

What is everyone doing for Mother's Day? I want to go for a walk at the beach with my whole family and then spend some time at the beach just enjoying the sun and water. My husband always gets my car washed for me which I love, and we are going to BBQ Shrimp, Lobster and Steak for dinner. I will forego the streak for Belinda :)! I see that it will not be too warm so the beach may be a no go, we shall see.

Belinda, nice job with STS TB today. Thanks for the link, I am scared to watch it!

Diane Sue, I hope you get a workout in today, I know you are so busy with school since the year is winding down.

Roselyn, way to go with the Body Beast workout. Are you doing the build workouts?
Jolie - watch it!

Today I did a trial and error workout doing portions of different workouts for weights. I started with CDorner 30 minute cardio workout at home she did today (low impact steady), 32:50 minutes, heart rate 153/186, 213 calories, 3,423 steps. I liked the music in this and it was fun. I did some of the bit higher impact moves she demonstrates. It was a good workout. Then, her comes the mish mosh of workouts for weights:
CDorner Full Body Strength (stopped at 10 minutes 37 calories, heart rate 106/140
this starts with warm up
forearm turning plank
20# dumbbell held at chest level oblique with squats(felt it was hard on shoulder holding and probably not too friendly on the spine IMO)
squat holds with pulses with 20# I stopped here as she then goes to the hands and knees holding knees off the floor move or option wall sits. This was just not something I wanted to do

Next CDonner Push/Pull Upper done in sets of 10 reps assuming you already are warmed up
push ups floor, wall, couch or whatever works
bend over rows 25# dumbbells 10 reps
flys 15# dumbbells 10 reps
front raise palms up 10# dumbbells(me 8's)
reverse flys 10# dumbbells (me 8's) repeating all throughout workout
(this bothered my right shoulder and I started to feel snapping as I moved) This was 7 minutes, 21 calories

I went from here and did Ice Muscle Meltdown Biceps and Triceps, 29 minutes, 93 calories, heart rate 102/136, 93 calories
All moves are 12 reps done in a giant set fashion and repeated 3 times
standing dumbbell curls 15's, 12's, 12's
standing hammer curls 15's, 12's, 12's
preacher curls with stability ball 12's, 12's, 12's
incline with stability ball hammer curls 12's,12's,12's
1 arm concentration curls 12,12,12# dumbbell
repeat 2 more times
triceps
overhead extension 12's, 12's, 12's
kickbacks 12's, 10's,10's
dips body weight 12 reps
lying extension 12's, 12's,12's
close grip bench press I did one set of these with 10's then did more kickbacks with the 10's for the last two rounds
repeat 2 more times

I finished off with CDorner, full body stretch 23 minutes which I really needed.

Debbie, thanks for the link. I saved it. I bet my husband already has looked at it. It will be nice when Trump has his own platform set up. Hope that you had fun at the spelling bee today. I have a friend that I met here many years ago, and was my Beach Body Coach, that has always been vegan. We stay in contact through email. She posted a lot of the Vegan videos and stuff.
I just never got into Twitter myself. Oh, by the way, I was looking at Chris' bands through her website, and this morning I saw my husband ordered them for me when he ordered picture frames :) .

Belinda, I may look at Forks over Knives again.

Jolie, I am glad you got everything straightened back out. Good idea to give it another rest day. I don't think we are doing anything for Mother's Day. We have got to the place where we just have one or two family days to get in Mother's Day, 3 birthdays, and this year we have a college graduation celebration. I will probably hear from family though. I am hoping to host a gathering the 23rd. We will see. I wanted to see if I can figure out this outdoor gas grill outdoor kitchen stuff. I have cleaned it up and used stainless steel cleaner and polish on it, grill cleaner, and got stuff to clean the granite counters outside. It would be a nice time to try it for a family gathering.
School :rolleyes: I think we will have make up work tomorrow and I have an eye appointment that I think is my field vision test. Not good. I found out when my granddaughter texted me and said she would not be coming, that her Dad did not take my grandson to school today. I was supposed to get his math book so I don't have to draw the pages and his Dad should have his school tablet in his back pack. It gets frustrating as his Dad brings him in when zoom has already started some of the time.

Doreen, nice work today. It looks like the puppy is giving you a workout as well.

I have watched so much stuff on both sides of things and I just finally decided to eat the best quality I can find of meats and vegetables and fruits.
To me the idea is to stay away from packaged and processed foods. Eat real food. Although I still use protein powder and I have read so many things about how bad they can actually be for you and they are processed, no doubt about it. I keep thinking I should just eat food. Actually some of the plant based protein powders in one study were worse than the whey counterparts as far as what was found in them. I saw a video of commercial raised chickens shut in cages they could barely move in. Pretty revolting. I usually buy cage free, and best of all free range as cage free means they may be in pens, not free roaming chickens.

Feeling much better this morning but still just walked on my treadmill. I'm hoping Monday I can get back to it. I also did CDorner's Neck and Shoulder stretch again, really love that stretch workout. Spelling Bee went great!!

Jolie - How did your toe and knee get all misaligned? Dang, I can't even imagine that happening. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure my whole body is misaligned (LOL!) but most of the time I don't even notice it. Glad you are feeling better. Thanks about the CBD oil, I thought maybe you got some off of Amazon. I'll look around, we have stores like that around here. I grab one when I find some. :)

Belinda - I don't have Netflix, so no, I haven't seen that one. I will look around for it, though. I'll let you know if I watch it. I lost 2 pounds last week. I only need to lose about 5 so now only have 3 to go! I've been really good with my vegan eating this week and hope to keep it up.

Diane - I want to do the cardio workout from CDorner you did yesterday. I will try it next week, sounds like a fun one. Be careful, I always get worried about you when you start doing so many workouts. At least you and I know what to avoid in order to not be in pain - well, most of the time anyways!! That was sweet of your husband to order those bands for you!! He's a good guy!

We are going to my mom's for Mother's Day. I will be cooking a few things in my new Instant Pot and I bought her a new Nook tablet because my old one that she is using is messing up on her. LOL, she loves that Nook and she loves to read. I don't know how she does it as she is almost blind. She can't see a drinking glass in front of her but she can read the Nook. Weird. I have the fonts really big so I know that helps, but still. It brings her happiness so I'm hoappy she has something to do.

Have a great Friday everyone! Happy Mother's Day to you all and have a great weekend!

Is anyone having problems getting into the MyFitnessPal app? Mine keeps asking me to log in and now it's not taking my password. WTH??`

Good Afternoon,

DH and I are on vacation and we went and looked at another house but it was to small even for the two of us and the offers had to be in at 8:30 that night so another no go. The market is just horrible right now. I did Kelly’s new Heavy Bootcamp and it was a good one and I have went for a walk and done some Kickboxing so getting my workouts in. Dh has been working on getting the camper ready so when summer finally arrives we can go to the lake.

Debbie- I found that foundation at our Walmart and Walgreens so I bought golden beige hard to tell by the package if it will work. I am now trying to find a cream blush but the ones I want to try are sold out every where and suggestions?

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics #110, Int/Adv 57 minutes, heart rate 123/158, 257 calories, 4,692 steps. I got my fabric bands in the mail today that Chris Dorner uses. I will try them out tomorrow. I had my eye appointment today along with school. My older daughter and her family are coming over Sunday for Mothers Day. I haven't heard from the others yet. I still need to put out my family birthday celebration date to everyone in a group text.
I have been picking up some new cosmetics. I just ordered a new palette from 100% Pure as they are nice for blush, highlighter, and some shadows. My other two are almost empty. I like them and it is less costly than purchasing the items in them separately. I also picked up a Jane Iredale (sp) light color oyster shadow. I liked some of the colors, but have never used them before so did not want to buy a lot till I saw how well it went on and stayed. I got another shadow color called flax from 100% pure, Tarte foundation and a new angled eyeliner/brow brush. I haven't bought that much in a long time. I checked out Tarte's website that had a lot of deals, but they said because of covid it was a longer wait for products to arrive. They have some new ones that I am interested in. The face tape stuff, particularly highlighter and concealer I am interested in. Some palettes were marked down a lot.

Debbie, I have been having a hard time completing my days meals. It gives me some sort of error try again message. Also I had to delete a lot of exercise videos I had saved to be able to keep using it. I seem to have been having a lot of things asking for my passwords or info lately. I did deleting some of my stuff and it was still giving me a hard time logging, so I just left it alone for a day. Then it worked for a day and went back to not working.
I was reading about CBD oil on the Ancient Nutrition site. I guess there is a difference in Isolate which is no thc and full spectrum that has a tiny bit of thc in it. They still have studies going on it and what works best. I have not tried it so have no clue. Sprouts sells a variety of cbd products. If you look online you can find the one Jolie mentioned.
I did okay after the workout. I put Bio Freeze on it after stretching after weights and took some plain aspirin. It felt fine today. My left knee bothered me for a bit this morning, but once I finished the workout it was good and I would attribute it more to the arthritis. I was a bit worried, but am getting good at knowing when to back off and change something.
I started the first 4 minutes of one of Chris latest basic step workouts that was shorter, but I was just bored and moved on to something else. I find though that some of the more adv choreography sometimes slows down my heart rate as she takes time to get the moves and I am sure I am not putting my all into the pattern for a bit. One of the reasons I love my Galaxy Tablet is size and being able to adjust font and lighting for reading. I make it bigger so I can read while drying my hair LOL Works nice when on the tread climber too. I have an old Sony Reader and do not know why I keep it. It is black and white and one of the first ones. That is a great gift and I am sure you mother loves it.

Doreen, nice work on Perfect 30 Lower Body and the walk with your pup.

Belinda, I bet CL Band Blast and SB barre was a good mix of workouts.

Roselyn, nice work on back and shoulders.

Roxie, sorry about the house hunt. I know we found several we liked before we got this one. We put in a couple of other offers and they were bought by someone else ahead of us. We lucked out with the one we got as it was pretty new and the people needed to sell as they lost their jobs and moved out of state. Things just went along quick once we got the papers all started. I haven't looked at Kelly's new boot camp. Will have to check it out.

Jolie, I bet you are having a nice time with your sons both at home. Hope things are well with you today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.