Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2020

Debbie- Your husband picked up some great finds!! I bet it was hard for him not to just give them to you early seeing all the discomfort you have been in lately. And Happy Belated Birthday.

Roxie - Your daughter's office needs to check out the Payroll Protection Plan through the SBA that was just passed. A forgivable loan to cover 8 weeks of payroll. We're sending all our clients that direction.

Jolie- good job! Your walk sounds lovely and kudos on the 3#!!!

This morning I just did CL 267 Metabolic Madness to kick off my week. I'm feeling a bit unmotivated with workouts - maybe workout overload with all the free stuff being offered.

Good morning,

STS M2 Week 2 D16 is done. I walked around my gym inbeteen breaks.

Jolie - we went to Home Depot Saturday to pick up more paint. It was crowed. I guess everyone is fixing up their homes :) I picked up enough paint to finish our guest bedroom and the kitchen.

Roxie - stay safe!

Debbie - great job this morning.

Diane - how are you doing?

Roselyn - enjoy your workout this morning.

I will be back later.

Last edited:
Today I did STS Meso 2 Disc # 22, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. This is a quick workout, it includes Drop Sets, which are quick and effective. I wanted to lift heavier but I am always scared I will hurt myself. I just did more reps if I felt I didn't get a good enough lift. When I go to 25# DB's for chest press, my right shoulder feels it so I do 22# instead. Next I walked on my TM for 30 minutes, 7.0 to 8.0 incline, 3.2 speed, traveled 1.5 miles. Disc 22 I burned 303 calories and walking I burned 298 calories. Total calories burned was 601 calories.

Debbie, great gifts your DH got you for your Birthday!!!! I hope they help you with your issues :) Awesome job on the cardio workout today, I bet that was tough on the Max Trainer. Have a nice day at work today.

Belinda, great job on the workout today. I didn't row in between sets today because I am tired so I thought I better listen to my body. I have one more upper body workout in this meso and then I am finished.

Roxie, it has be like that in CA for two weeks already. Good luck to you and your friends and family with their lay offs. In about a month, I am hoping we will all get back to normal.

Doreen, Do STS again! I was getting so bored with Cathe Live workouts I could barely bring myself to workout. Don't forget about Yvette Bachman on YouTube, those are great workouts.

Roselyn, have a nice workout today.

Have a nice day. Only 4 more weeks of this staying inside and social distancing.

Today I did a new Raw workout, Cardio Overload 2, 36 minutes, 217 calories, 3,026 steps, heart rate went off for a spike of 208. I watched as it started to go down and then blanked out and came back to normal after I shifted my watch up and tightened it a bit. The reading came out to 137 average/ 208 max. It really stayed between the 137 and 145 most of the workout and a few times up to 52. I loved this workout. I will be using it quite a bit. I wore my 8# vest. Kelly says she uses a 6# and you do not have to have one. Mine are 4 and 8 so I went with the higher weight. This has more off the step than on and she says you do not need a step. It would be easy to do without the step. You get a lot of waistline work in this. I also did Raw Boxing and Drills 30 minutes, 159 calories, heart rate 127/153, 2,509 steps. I wore my 8# vest for this one as well.
Total time was 66 minutes, 376 calories, 5,535 steps.

Belinda, I have one of those dust mops with the terry pads that I used for quick mop ups. Major floor cleaning I use a regular mop handle, but I loathe those string mops and just use old towels that I can put in and launder afterward. That is when I bring in my mop bucket with the wringer. I wipe a lot of things with damp cloth and dry with paper towels because it thoroughly gets off the dust and dirt.
So with the Schrubber, do you just fold and wrap the cloth around it? This would be a good time to take on something like cleaning the basement. My daughter had paint already and spent her days off painting a room since she couldn't go anywhere.

Jolie, nice treadmill workouts? I love bouganvillas. One of my friends here had one in front of her house by the porch and was so pretty. I keep forgetting about them, as one would look good when you come in the gate by the front door. Most of my potted plants there do well through winters because my dryer vent vents out there by my planter. I bet your deck will look beautiful. I guess you have not had luck finding a house? Are you staying there renting?

Doreen, I collect workouts like that and forget I have them. The dvds I use the most are the ones setting on my shelves still in their proper cases. Why it takes so much effort to pull out my holders and look is beyond me. I would rather turn on a streaming service. Amazon Fire is so easy. I am glad Kelly put her dvds on there too.

Roxie, I hope things are okay with you at work. I use a small pharmacy for everything except my arthritis med that I get from the Arthritis center pharmacy. I just have them mail it since it is not near my house. Nice work on the spin ride.

Debbie, those are great birthday presents. I never heard of a vibrating roller. I have one that is bumpy. Great job with those two workouts today.

Doreen, I get that way at times and find if I just choose a rotation of something, it takes away the need to find something I am motivated enough to do and get done. I don't do rotations often, but to have an exact plan, I play on my guilt for not doing the specified workout.

Jolie, nice workouts today and calorie burn.

Good Evening,

I started 10 Rounds over so today was WK1 D1 Power Jabs & Crosse, the Core at the end is killer.

Debbie-nice gifts

Doreen- thank you I told her because she isn’t working Wednesday through Sunday this week.

Diane- the doctors offices not being open has really taken a toll on our business.

Jolie-I knew you were on lock down

Belinda- I don’t know how these people are getting away with visits to stores all of ours except the grocery stores are closed.

Reactions: WD
Roxie, I am surprised the doctors are closed. They are not all closed here. Some, like plastic surgery are closed. My daughter's office is open. Not many patients canceled their appointments. My eye surgeon was open. I wish this would all end soon. When I did go out to the grocery store there were quite a few people out and about. Restaurants are definitely closed as well as malls and stuff. I think most people I talk to say that Home Depot and Lowes are open. Workers need to buy supplies and stuff. People are still doing their gardening.

Roselyn, nice work on STS legs.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Kickbox Contouring which I think I've only done once before. It is a very fun workout, not sure why I haven't done it more often.

Each drill was 1 minute

Boxing Drill
Kickbox Drill

Alternate Push/Press
: 12's
Alternate Lunges: 12#

Boxing Drill
Kickbox Drill

Hammer Curls:
12's
Scales: 12's

Boxing Drill
Kickbox Drill

Bent Rows:
12's
Goblet Squats: 12#

Boxing Drill
Kickbox Drill

Chest Flies:
15's
Skull Crushers/Situps: 12's

Boxing Finisher
Pulse Squats
Boxing Finisher

Fun stuff, will be doing this one more often. I used 1# dumbbell's (my mom got me these for my birthday, they are hot pink!) for the boxing segments. Workout was 47 minutes, burned 320 calories, did 3134 steps and HR was 128/160.

Doreen - I used the back massager again last night, my goodness, I can't believe how tight my back is. It actually hurt while I was using it, but today it feels pretty good. Great job with your workout yesterday.

Belinda - How's the knees? Great job with STS yesterday. I'm not going to any stores now except grocery stores and I hate going to those. I've been wearing a mask and gloves. The more I hear about this virus, the more scared I get.

Jolie - Great job with STS, you are killing it lately!! I'm definitely feeling much better with my back, I'm just shocked at how tight it always is. At least I don't have pain anymore.

Diane - You're doing really long workouts again, be careful. You don't want to end up where you were a few months back. Great job with your workouts, though!! That stuff you posted last week about the Fitbit losing HR was interesting, but they really don't give a good reason for it to happen. Technology now a days should be better than that. Good reads, though, thanks for posting it.

Roxie - All our stores are closed too, except the grocery stores. Crazy times!! Hope you stay safe and healthy. Do you wear a mask when you are at work? That is odd that your doctor offices are closed. Ours are still open here.

Roselyn - Great job with your workout, I'm thinking you are not sick anymore. Did you ever get your husbands test results back? I'm thinking if he hasn't, then he doesn't have the virus.

Have a great day everyone!

This morning I started with a step workout and stopped after the warm up as I just wasn't feeling it.. Then I did a Heather Robinson Leg workout from youtube. Wow! She packed a punch with this one - 2 circuits of 4 exercised done 3x.

Today is a rest day. I am so darn tired today, I have really been doing great with my workouts but my body says "No Way" today :) Since I have everyone home now, my God the amount of laundry I have to do each day! These energy efficient appliances take so long to compete a load from start to finish :(

I went out to the store today and actually got toilet paper and eggs! What is with the toilet paper?

Debbie, great workout today, that looks like so much fun. I love combining cardio with weights. That was so nice of you mom to buy you the pink DB's.

Doreen, I start workouts too and then switch to other ones if I am not feeling it. :)

Diane Sue, all of our Doctors are open as well, but of coarse, no elective surgeries. I do try to stay in though, I only go out to the dry cleaners for my husband and to the grocery store and Lowes I went once to get some plants.

Belinda, i hope you have a nice workout today.

BBL to read the other posts. Have a nice day, i am sick of being home so much lately :(

This morning I did Raw Box and Pump 2 using Kelly's weights 15 and 8 lb dumbbells, 40 minutes, heart rate 103/140, 153 calories, 3,038 steps. I also did Step Boss Abs 2, heart rate 92/114, 10 minutes, 19 calories and Step Boss Chair stretch, which was 19 calories. I will be back in awhile.. Running late. We really need to do a store run.

Hey guys,

I did a barre plus another lower body workout from Instagram.

Jolie - thank you for the recommendations on the arthritis supplements. For the first time in 4 day's I am in no pain. Still have some swelling in my knees, still cant't kneel on the floor. I think what's also helping me to modify the heck out of every workout I am doing. I don't understand the TB thing either? Beats me :)

Debbie - thanks for asking. My knees thanks to Jolie are a lot with all the supplements Jolie recommended. I been taking them for awhile now. My knees are still a little swollen, but I no pain. Which is a good thing. Glad that roller is helping you. I am also worried about how fast that virus is spreading.

Roxie - only grocery stores are open. We are on lockdown. It's kinda said to see everything closed but it's necessary.

Diane - I canceled my Orthodontist appointment. 2 day's later she closed her office. She is only taking emergency appointments. I have enough tray's for a while. I was on 10 day's change, but I am leaving them in for 14 day's. I have a feeling by the time I get to my last tray I will be wearing that one for a few month.

Roselyn - 10 rounds is a new BB program. It isn't out yet. Did you get your husbands results yet?

Doreen - nice job today.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Good Evening,

The doctors offices are rescheduling all their appointments to June they are seeing people by telemedicine not in the office. We were really slow today not sure how long we can go on. I have a mask but don’t wear it because we don’t have a lot of walk ins.

My dog started vomiting while I was setting up to workout. I cleaned up and started again and she did it again and then on the stairs. So it took awhile to get to the workout. I gave her some stuff to settle her stomach and tonight just a little rice. Hopefully this is one of those times that that is all that is needed.

Debbie, I could find no where that Fitbit had a real reason for why things do not work correctly. Just things you can try so it can read better. I am trying the Fitbit premium, but have found it is not doing much for me. I was going to check out some of the workouts that are supposed to be premium and it told me I had to download the Fitbit Coach app. Then it would not accept my Fitbit log in. Finally after messing with it for awhile, I read and it only works when you actually pay for it. So, there is not checking that out. Besides the only way to do it on the tv screen is using Chromcast or screen mirroring. I have Fire TV and Roku and am not buying Chromcast. There is a little difference in the sleep stages programming and it analyzes heart rate through sleep stages. I has you read articles for different things and has some sleep and relax sounds to help sleep. I did not find the two I listened to relaxing, more aggravating because I kept wondering when it was going to get over so I could go to sleep LOL The help with cholesterol that I was interested in is just giving me an article to read once a day and I get to mark if I ate one of those foods as a goal for two weeks. So, probably not worth 9.99 a month. Have you tried it?
I think that I have only done kickbox and contouring a couple of times and don't remember it well. Nice work today.

Doreen, glad you liked the Youtube workout.

Jolie, those energy efficient washing machines use such a small amount of water so you have to wash less clothes at once to get them clean. The wash longer so I have no clue where they are saving energy. I am not sure what their real reasoning behind the change for these things. My husband and I can go a day or two before I have enough clothes to think about laundry. It does sound like you were due for a rest day. We finally got toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex and wipes. It seemed they all came available at once. I used a lot of paper towels today since the dog got sick.

Belinda, I do not even know how my granddaughter's invisaligns came along. I was supposed to take her back in to her dentist and then there ended up being no school, so my daughter has been off. She is going to be doing online teaching though. I would bet that is something they will put off. Glad the supplements are helping you. They sure have helped me with my knees. I think they help with the neck because when I quit it gets much worse, but I am not sure how much.

Roxie, don't the masks protect others from you more than you from them? I know there are different types. My daughter wears ones that protect her patients right now. Eventually people are going to need their meds and doctors.

Roselyn, nice work. That is great that your husband was negative. I bet that was a relief.

Today I did another couple of Max Trainer workouts. After previewing what each entails, I want to do so many of them. They are fun and have all kinds of different types of ways to use the machine. So fun! Today I did Max Strength Intervals w/Amy Dixon and Max Climb 7 w/ Toby. Both were tough and fun. I really like the climb and endurance workouts which is really weird for me. On my treadmill I love to sprint and endurance running isn't really my thing. My stupid FB watch went off around 7 minutes into the first workout which pissed me off since the workout is only 14 minutes to begin with. I restarted it but didn't get good stats with it. It worked fine for the 2nd workout but that one was only 7 minutes.

So my guestimate total time was 26 minutes, looks like I burned 153 calories, went probably about .75 miles and HR was 106/146.

Then I got on my treadmill for 20 minutes, burned 111 calories, went 1 mile and did 1822 steps. HR was 109/132.

Roselyn - So glad to hear your DH did not have COVID19. Weird how he had all the symptoms, though. He must have have the flu?

Diane - So glad I am not paying for the subscription for FB, what a joke. Any way to make a buck I guess. Glad you were able to test it out to see how you like it. And no, I have not tried the free trial and probably won't.

Jolie - My dh and I will go to the grocery store one last time to stock up for the next three weeks, which supposedly is supposed to be the worst of this pandemic. Not sure what to believe anymore, though. I don't know anyone who has it, and people I now don't know anyone who has it. It's weird. I'm reading things that say hospitals are literally empty. WTH? But I'd rather be safe than sorry so I am following guidelines. I really don't want to go outside later to get groceries but I will wear my mask and gloves.

Roxie - Why is your pharmacy so empty? Aren't people still needing prescriptions?

Belinda - Glad to hear your knees are doing so well, I need to go back and read what supplements Jolie told you to take. Interesting. Glad you are feeling better!

Doreen - Great workout!

Have a nice safe day ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.