Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2021

I had to get up really early today to do my workout which was only a half hour walk on my treadmill. I had to go into court for jury duty and OMG, what a waste of a day. I had to sign in at 7:45 and we didn't get out of there until 5:30. I am caffeine deficient and feeling the effects right now. I have such a bad headache. I honestly cannot believe the courts waste people's time for the cases like I had today. He said/he said. Victim got sprayed in the face with mace, defendant said it wasn't him. No evidence either way. We listened all day to three testimonies that turned out to have no legitimate truth at all. Ridiculous, I can't believe I have a chance of doing this again 6 more times. I hope not!!

Sorry, no personals, I have such a headache I can't think! Tomorrow I'm going to Amish country with my cousins so if I have time to jot down my workout I will. If not, you all have a great weekend!!

Debbie - sorry you had to sit through this all day long without coffee. We don't have jury duty in Germany. Enjoy your visit to the Amish country with your cousins. I will be visiting my DD in DC tomorrow.

Good Evenin,

We are in a tornado watch and a severe thunderstorm warning it’s going to be a fun night. We started painting the walls in our new house.

Debbie- how is that eyeshado? I got a viseart pallet in my Ipsy glam bag and I absolutely love it the shadows go on so easily. As for not knowing how someone wouldn’t workout it’s pretty easy I just don’t feel the urge to do so.

Last edited:
No workout today. My husband decided to not go to the rest of the stuff at the conferences and we came home when he was done with the morning session. I will do a workout tomorrow for sure.

Doreen, you sound like me with the indecisiveness on what workout I really feel like doing. I waste so much time trying to get going.

Belinda, I am so sorry your doctor is not more compassionate and does not sound like she knows what she is doing or something. I would be upset too. We don't do that sort of thing unless we really expect it to work. My granddaughter has had some problems with hers as well when things are not going right. I feel terrible for you and all of your immune problems. My dentist is still very careful about crowding the office. They want masks worn coming in and if there is more than 3 inside they have you wait in the car till they are ready for you. I was just reading up on all of my problems and trying to figure out what to do about this coughing and miserable itchy sinus problem as well as dryness. Apparently the body's immune system gets messed up and can wreak all kinds of havoc. Allergy meds dry things out more which aggravates sjogrens and can dry out mucus which can lead to sinus infections. It just goes from one thing to another. I also read an article by a doctor that said sneezing with allergies can cause neck pain.

Jolie, I am sorry your doctor put so much pressure on you for that vaccine. I feel the same way and my husband and I feel the same about exercising and taking supplements. When I had covid I wondered if my immune problems would be a problem, but I never worried about it that much. I did some household tasks and put together light meals etc.. I just upped some supplements and added some melatonin as per my daughter's suggestion. I was already taking zinc and d. My daughter told me to get up and move often. Like I was going to sit or lie around that much. I have to get up and move. I don't know why they have to push their agenda like that, other than they are pressured to do it. I think I would have been pretty upset if I had a doctor push me to get the vaccine. So far no one has yet. It is ridiculous that they are pushing these vaccines. My problem if this was a deliberate created virus that got out and has already happened before, why would we think that it won't happen again. I keep wondering if somewhere along the line they are going to have more bad affects of those vaccines show up to the point they won't be able to cover up and pretend it is not happening. I hope not as a lot of my family has had the vaccine. Anyway, I am thinking they were not giving the vaccine out that much when I last saw my doctors. I hope I do not get that push too. I will be changing my primary as mine left to do some other job. I will wait awhile.

Roselyn, nice work on cardio and shoulders today.

Real quick, this morning I did CDorner's Low Impact Cardio workout for all Fitness Levels - no equipment and it was just ok. Lots of leg work, my legs are so sore from my earlier in the week workouts that I really didn't need another leg workout, but it was fun. Not all legs, just lots of leg stuff in it.

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 270 calories, did 4489 steps and HR was 114/157.

Roxie - The Colour Pop pallet is awesome! It blends out so nicely and there are many excellent colors in it.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Reactions: WD
I did a no jumping strength workout on GHUTV today. Very good sequencing of exercises total body style with some combo moves.

Well now we have to figure out what to do about my son. The school he is going to in the fall announced mandatory vaccine for all students (or you sign an exemption). But the CDC is currently evaluating some issues adolescent males have with heart swelling after the vaccine - so we're waiting to hear more about that. Both my husband and I got it - no problems/side effects other than a sore arm. But I wasn't going to make the kids mess with it until it is fully approved because neither are high risk. I never make them get the flu shot either.

Today I did CDorner Hip Hop Tabata 39 minutes, 250 calories, heart rate 149/181, 3462 steps. This is one Debbie did a few days ago. It is actually 37 minutes, but I started the new Hiit one that she just did with 1 dumbbell, but stopped when she hit the wacky jacks and forwarded a bit through the warm up of Hip Hop Tabata which I had done a few minutes of in the hotel room anyway to get moving. After this I did a 9 minutes of the no equipment lower body workout and quit that one too. I just kept the watch running and did the Cardio Stretch and Sweat mobility routine for flexibility, 40 minutes, 107 calories, heart rate 96/141, 277 steps. Total time was 79 minutes, 357 calories, 3,739 steps. My shoulders and upper back are sore and the Hiit workout had squat thrusts and inchworm along with other moves on hands that was just too much. I wasn't feeling it.

Debbie, I kind of remember that workout hitting a lot of lower body. Nice work though.

Belinda, great job on getting the walk in this morning.

Doreen, I would worry about the vaccine for your son. I saw an interview with parents on Fox that had a son that was an athlete in the hospital after the vaccine. The rest of the family did okay with it. I wish they would let the children and young people alone. When they first started working on the vaccine it was said that it was not good for children for some reason. Also that children were not as likely to get it or symptoms would be light. Why do they feel they have to push it! Most of my family do not get the flu shot except my daughter who is in the medical field and son in law who is law enforcement. I think we are better off building up our immunity. I have had the flu shot most of the last few years, but if they are going to lace it with covid boosters I will not.

Friday was a rest day for me. Today I went for a 3.3 mile walk, 63 minutes up and down hills and burned 647 calories. It started to get pretty hot outside so I was dripping when I got home. I feel fantastic today! I love the CBD for sleeping, I sleep for 9 hours straight and feel refreshed in the morning.

Make it a great day.

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics #124 from today, 66 minutes, heart rate 136/168, 341 calories. Then I started the Full Body workout from yesterday, but only did 5 minutes which was warm up and a plank hold that was timed, this was 27 calories, heart rate 123/149. I finished with her 15 minute lower body stretch for tight legs and hips, heart rate 88/108, 34 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, 402 calories, 5,534 steps. It has been raining and I got up at 3 am to shut off the sprinkler system before it turned on at 4:30. I had a hard time falling back to sleep.

Roselyn, nice work with Arms and abs yesterday.

Jolie, nice work on the walk today. It has cooled down here. I usually just take a small amount of melatonin and magnesium and have been sleeping well with that. I also have been using a Gaia adrenal supplement night formula that helps and has improved the fatigue I was having with all of the school and moving and stuff.

Today I walked for over an hour.I first went and walked alone than I picked up DD's puppy. I got all my steps before 9 am. I am watching my DD's puppy for the next 2 weeks. My DD is visiting my son for 2 weeks in TX. I miss my son and his wife. They will be visiting me soon. I am excited.

I also did SBF Week 2 Day 6 TB with the stability ball.

I been reading (well, I have the Autio book) the China Study. I can't stop listening to it. I read the Carb Solution in Autio books. Very eye opening!

Roselyn - thank you!

Good night!

Today I went for a walk at the beach 4.5 miles, 1 hour and 38 minutes and I burned 769 calories. It is so nice today, I had to go to the beach to walk, it is so much cooler by the ocean.

Belinda, I read the China Study years ago, great read.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Today I did C Dorner Vertical Step and Abs that she did this morning (first two cardio combos and two abs segments just a bit of the third cardio and moved to stretch), 48 minutes, heart rat e125/166, 209 calories, 2,466 steps. I then did CDorner foam roller routine to release hips and upper back, skipping some of the hip moves which made it 20 minutes, heart rate 77/101, 28 calories.
Total time was 68 minutes, 237 calories, 2,466 steps. I did not count steps for foam roller which were practically nothing.

Belinda, enjoy the puppy and walks. I have never read the China Study.

Jolie, nice beach walk and calorie burn today.

Roselyn, I have not purchased Cathe Live in a few months now.

I did Susan Chung - #4 on Saturday (well- not the abs section), went for a bike ride with my son yesterday and did SuperSculpt with KCM this morning.

Roselyn- I have been on a break from Cathe Live for a while too - thinking of re-subscribing later this summer or fall when things settle down after school starts.

Today I did RAW Box & Pump 2. Haven't done this one since last October, holy crap! Had a really great workout and went light with the weights. Love this workout. Actually, I love all the Box & Pump workouts.

Boxing Drill - Used 1# sand weights
Squat Rows: 15's - 16 reps
Run Rows: 8's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill - Used 1# sand weights
Overhead Press: 10's - 16 reps
Connected Front/Side Raise: 5's

Boxing Drill - No sand weights
Overhead Triceps Extension: 15# - 16 reps
Run Kickbacks: 3's - lots of reps (didn't do the whole thing and my left triceps still hurts)

Boxing Drill - No sand weights
Chest Flies: 15's - 16 slow reps
Run Press: 8's - lots of reps
Ab work: 5's
Hammer Curls: 12's - 16 reps
Run Curls: 8's - lots of reps.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 256 calories and did 3325 steps. HR was 121/167.

I also did CDorners Neck/Shoulder Mobility Stretch workout, the one that is only 18 minutes. Love that one.

I never commented on the jury duty. What a shit show that was. Our court system here is just ridiculous. We were there from 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and the case was a black on black crime that involved mace. Really? Mace? Just duke it out gentleman, why are we here wasting everyone's time for mace? We ended up with a not guilty verdict but honestly, I think the guy was as guilty as OJ. We just didn't have any evidence or proof so there was no other choice. But with all the breaks the judge made us take, it went on forever. This should have only taken 2 hours to figure out. I almost passed out I was so hungry. We did break for lunch but by the afternoon, I was dizzy and had a horrible headache. The whole thing was ridiculous. Hope I don't have to go again.

Our neighbors haven't cut their grass in 4 weeks. What losers.

Roselyn - I ended my Cathe Live subscription some time ago. I will get it again once I feel like doing her workouts again.

I'm totally against the vaccines. I'm not quite sure what I will do if they made it mandatory. I don't really think they can but with this government, you never know.

Trump was here in Ohio for a rally. It's funny, the news shown (showed) only a few people there but we had friends that went and they said thousands of people were there. They said the news only posted the very beginning of it when people were just coming in. They said people were jumping over the fence to get in because they didn't buy tickets. He showed us pics and it was unbelievable. I wish we would have gone, it was only about 30 minutes from where we live. Yea, Biden won the election fairly. If that isn't the biggest lie of our lifetimes, nothing is.

Make it a great day everyone!!!

Hi everyone,

I walked with Cooper my DD's dog this morning. He did very well. He is a year old and a hand full. I also did SBF LB barre. My shoulder is still bordering me.

I totally forgot to check in yesterday. DH, Cooper and I went for a long walk. Cooper was beat, he slept most of the day. DH and I prepped and cooked FOK meals. That took quit some time.

I have FOK Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp in the oven. I signed up for a CSA, he gave me lots of rhubarb. I didn't know what to do with it. I have eaten Rhubarb before, I never had to clean it. What a mess and time consuming. Luckily DH helped with the peeling. Don't want those long fibers stuck in my teeth, lol.

Roslyn - I still have CL until next year. My kids gifted me with a year subscription. I have a pinch or something in my neck/shoulder/running down my arm. I have to wait until that gets better.

Debbie - I don't think they will make the vaccine mandatory. It's not even approved by the FDA yet. Nobody knows what will happened 2 years from know if you vaccinated. They do have side effects like everything else. Some people can't get the vaccine for health reasons. Every time I talk to my doctors at Walther Reeds, they don't have an answer about long term effects. They just don't know. I wear my masks when I am in public/crowds. BTW, you still can catch covid with the vaccine. Now they are talking about buster shots. They don't know what the effects the first shots have on everyone, but get a 3rd one. Than another. No thank you. JMO!

Diane - I highly recommend the The China study and the Starch Solution. I got the Autio book, I can listen while I walk outside. I read/listen to more books this way. Plus, by the time I have time to read it's a night. My eye by them are so tired I can't hardly read.

Jolie - I agree. Good read. Nice job on your walk yesterday.

That's it for me today.

Today I went for another walk outside, I was supposed to lift but did not feel like it today. Walk was 3.4 miles in the hills, time was 63 minutes and I burned 689 calories. It is getting warm early in the mornings now so I am going to have to get up even earlier to workout because the heat really wipes me out. Heart rate was 149/184. As you can see by my heart rate the last hill almost killed me :)

Debbie, I need to try those box and pump workouts. Are they on Youtube or do I have to subscribe to here workouts on her website? Nice job with the workout today, it looks like fun. I think I want to do workouts that include cardio and weights for the summer instead of just lifting one day and walking the next. I have some of KCM dvds I can try again, it has been a long time. Also, remember Cathe's High Step workouts, those were a lot of fun, I might have to pull those out again too. Jury duty is the worst!

Doreen, I love Susan Chung workouts!

Belinda, nice job on the walks this weekend. I have officially lost 11 pounds from my intermittent fasting and have 5 more pounds to go. Boy, I cant believe how much weight I gain over the last few years since I moved and stopped walking as much as I did in previous years. I want to be thin as I get older, it is so much easier on the joints and body.

Diane, I hope you get in a great workout today.

Roselyn, I hope you are doing well with the workouts, you haven't checked in in awhile.

Make it a great day!

Today I did CDorner workouts. I really was not pleased with the two from today though. I shortened the first one. Way too much stuff that is hard on my shoulders and plank work. I modified quite a bit.
I did Arms and Abs which was two different rounds of workouts done twice each, 32 minutes, 82 calories:(
heart rate 91/135. I went pretty light on this one as did Chris on some moves as she is coming back from shoulder problems. Not sure how she managed all of the planks and push ups! I then did the 30 minute interval workout from today and it was more weight and strength with the step, heart rate 120/147, 136 calories. She used a 10# dumbbell for this one and there was a bit of basic step work with it through mostly the first half. I was disappointed as I expected cardio. I then did the 10 minute after step stretch that was 11:40 minutes, 25 calories, heart rate 88/104 and also her neck and shoulder mobility stretch 18 minutes, 28 calories. Quite a mixture and I also added on the foam roller back and hips again, just the upper back part at the first half. I did not add it on as I forgot to turn on my watch which doesn't matter as you are just lying on the roller. 91 minutes, 271 calories, 2,114 steps. I guess it does not always have to be high intensity and I really need the stretching. I will do legs later this week.
Moves for arms and abs
push ups (at her suggestion for those it bothers I did bench press) 8 # (me)
rows wide/close she suggests 15's but does 10's and I used 12's
standing side crunch right holding 15# db
push ups narrow 10 reps me bench press 8's
twisting rows 12# dbs me
left side standing side crunch 15# db
push up wide me bench press 8's
pullover with straight arms me 8's 10 reps
reverse curls
repeat all which I did not do
2nd group of moves at 32:48 minutes
hand forward push up alternating (me 8# bench press)
biceps curls 3pulse curl/3 pulse W curls alternating 10# dbs me
abs reach through legs in V lying down and reach across to foot
forearm plank hold or leg lift and cross behind
twisting curls 10# dbs (supinating?)
lying 10# db held up and scissors
regular push ups or your choice I did nothing here
skull crusher 10# dbs
abs knee and leg lift reach
plank or do crunches(me crunches)
kickbacks 8# dbs
Russian twist with bicycle move
repeat all of this group

30 minute Step has cardio moves first round with two sections of squat thrusts and down to floor moves.
2nd round uses a 10# dumbbells and she says you can use no weight
monster walk on step holding a 10# dumbbell at chest
rocking horse on step using a 10# dumbbell at chest
lunge with overhead press 10# dumbbells I did a curl
deadlift/calf raise on end of step 10# dbs
row/front raise alternating the row
standing on step holding 10# db at chest 1 foot crosses over the step like a curtsy and back
10# dbs curtsy /curl
straddle step squat/ curl/stand
ends with a plank hold

I will be back in a little while to check out everyone's posts.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.