Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2021

Things changed so I don't go to the pulmonologist till next month. I am glad I checked as they kept messaging reminding me about seeing the doctor, but not the CT that was earlier in the day. They did not have it scheduled. Now I will be going two days in a row next month. I went to ladies game day today and we celebrated one of the ladies birthday. I spent my time after I got home trying to get through to find out if I had that appointment scheduled. I get getting messages to leave my name, b-day, etc and they would get back to me. It was pretty irritating as each time I would get sent to someone else and calling the heart hospital all over again. I was close to canceling it altogether and not going at all.
No workout this morning, but I will get one in tomorrow.

Belinda, it is humid here too and it is supposed to get up to 91 tomorrow! Nice work on getting a walk in and using your rebounder. I hopped on the lady's jump sport checking it out when I was at her house today. Her husband said after he injured his wrist and went to the doctor, he was told the rebounder was good and the Total Gym, but best to quit running. Her and her husband are both retired military.

Jolie, most of the time I enjoy doing whatever I feel like at the time. Although when I am short on time having a plan works better. Nice workout. My dog has a couple of obvious lumps, but my vet said not to worry. They were more like nodules or cysts under the skin. Just keep an eye on them. I am glad for you that your dog does not have cancer.

Debbie, that is a ridiculously low calorie burn. You could burn that not doing a workout. Those watches just do not pick up weight workouts well in my opinion. But, I am doing a bit better with the Garmin. I have pretty much avoided most dance workouts, but Chris makes them fun and I catch on, plus the music is fun. I am glad you liked it. Also the dance ones she does does not have you down on the floor doing burpees and squat thrusts and that sort of thing. I used to not mind those moves, buy my neck and shoulders do not like them all that much. I had very bad eyesight and it was years after they started doing the laser surgery before they finally had a method to do mine. It was a two step procedure. My vision was perfect when they were done. As I have aged though, the last couple of years I have had to get some readers. Not terrible. Before I could not read things with it practically on my nose. The eye places always had to send off for my glasses because their equipment could not do it and my glasses were super thick around the outer edges so when glasses were popular in wire frames, they could not get lenses to stay in them. The first time I went in to see about getting the surgery they could not do it and I was so disappointed that I went home and cried. They told me they were working on something and come back in a few years. I have been trying to do some upper body at least once a week, but even being careful I keep setting off my neck and shoulder pain :(.

This morning I did CDorners Cardio Kickboxing, 40 Minutes - 2 Instructors. It was a lot of fun and different from Kelly's kickboxing workouts. There was quite a bit of kicking in this one but not overly done. Chris had another instructor there named Kaitlin and she was really good. At first I thought she was Chris's niece or someone like that, she looks really young. But after she started teaching parts of it you could tell she was a professional. At the end she said she was 21 and not 12 like most people think. LOL! There was some other lady in this as well, someone named Donna, just sitting on the couch and then every now and then coming up to the camera and yelling in it. It was really annoying, she acted like she was drunk. It was weird. Good workout, though. Chris and Kaitlin took turns with the instruction.

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 287 calories, did 4306 steps and HR was128/173.

Diane - I'm betting my husband gets me a Garmin for Christmas. I hope so, I'm about done with Fitbit. I was pretty frustrated when I saw 64 calories for that workout. My HR never rose above 69 bpm, that is what it was on every damn time I looked at it. So stupid. I am glad when workouts don't have burpees in them, I actually thought Kaitlin might do some at the end of the KB one this morning because she did some HiiT moves but she didn't. I was glad. If you try this workout, don't use your egg weights or whatever you use when you do Kelly's. This one is quite fast paced and it would be hard to do with light weights. My eyes are so bad, I am VERY near sighted. My contact prescription is -8.5 in my right eye and -7.75 in my left. My contacts are so strong I have to wear readers. I just ordered 5 pairs on Amazon and can't wait to get them. I'm going to put them everywhere in my house. I'm so sick of trying to read stuff and can't because I don't have my readers near me.

Have a great workout everyone!!!

Reactions: WD
So we took a quick day away Monday/Tuesday and went with some friends up to Steamboat to see a property they bought for their retirement home. Then we spent the day at Stagecoach reservoir. The guys fished and the girls went for a bike ride around the lake and then we took the kayaks out and paddled around the lake. It was fun - great day to be outside.

This morning I did RWH Upper Body Circuit. Man- its been a long time since I've done that one!

I need to get a new workout mat for outside. Mine is disintegrating in the sun and rain!! I need to get one that is easy to pull out and put away after every workout.

Today I went for a 4 mile walk outside, up hills, and had a fantastic workout. I could barely make it to the top of the last hill, wow my legs were on fire! Walk was 1 hour 15 minutes and I burned 691 calories. Heart rate was 136/180!

Debbie, nice workout today, I love kickboxing but front kicks hurt my knee for whatever reason. I might do one tomorrow, I don't know what instructor yet.

Roselyn, way to go on the leg workout!

Doreen, I bet Steamboat is beautiful this time of year, sounds like you had a great time. Nice workout today. I love to workout outside too. I have a side yard with grass turf so I may set out some to my stuff there for the summer. I have a large shade tree to give me some shield from the sun.

BBL to read the other posts after me. Have a nice day.

Hi,

I just came back from the ENT. She looked with a endoscope into my noise/throat. My turbinate are enlarged. She wants me to do another round of very strong antibiotics. Hopefully I can tolerate this one. She also has me use a rinse with steroids. I am still stuffed up. There was another medication she wants to me to take ( I will pick up all the medicine tomorrow since, I am on our base anyway) I didn't wanted to run around twice today. I could have waited to get my medicine at Walter Reed Pharmacy, they wait is usually over an 1.5 - 2 hours. They have a lot of patients. Our pharmacy they bring the medicine to your car. The wait is 10 min. Didn't wanted to sit in the waiting room not feeling well. The ENT wants to see me again in 2 weeks. If it doesn't get any better by then, she has to give my an anesthesia to use the endoscope to look around further and see what's going on with my sinus. I am falling apart! I can't catch a break these day's. My immune system is shot. I been having an infection for almost a month now. I should have gone to the ER at Walter Reed in the first place. They always have an ENT doctor on site. Lessons learned :(

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

Today I started to do the CDorner kickbox that Debbie did, but about 5 minutes in I switched. The Donna lady with her cell phone sitting there was annoying me, I skipped through and saw her giving orders into the camera and I went on and did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush, 45 minutes with what I did from the kickbox, heart rate 138/177, 3,057 steps, 243 calories. I probably should have went on to do that kickboxing, but was not in the mood for all that was going on during the workout. I also did Cathe Fit Tower Legs, Glutes, and Core, only using the standing portion of legs, 21 minutes, 67 calories, heart rate 100/124. I never get much from this as you are just standing there moving your legs up and down and out most of the time. I used my Heavy Cathe band for the one part for quads where she suggests you can. Ha, I tried one of my fabric loop bands and could barely move the lightest in the set that I have. I finished with the CDonner and Caitlin Mobility Move and Stretch, which was pretty much what she has done in others and more basic type moves. She got Donna to get in this one for awhile. I was wondering what she was there for with the other work out. That was 30 minutes, 52 calories, heart rate 80/111.
Total time was 96 minutes, 362 calories. I saw when I was done that she was doing a live step workout with Caitlin. I may try that tomorrow.

Debbie, I am glad that you enjoyed the workout today. I was moody yesterday and today was no exception, so I probably would have been okay with the workout otherwise. When I finished and started typing this the electricity went out. I did some other things and finally decided to clean up and get dresses. I had tried to find out if there was a power outage in the area and set up for alerts. There was an outage and it finally has come back on. So much building and work in the area, I hope we do not have that experience often. I went back and washed my hair. That is one thing I cannot stand is to let my hair go without washing. It gets so limp and flat. Also, I started sneezing in workout room 2 where my Fit Tower is and man did it send pain up my neck. It really hurt. I think maybe the planks stuff and boxing aggravated it.
Chris kickboxing workouts are done differently and she seems to always have some speed bags put in there. I like them. Chris put a link on her website to Caitlin's Youtube and I watched some her workouts the other night. She does a good job. I thought she was a lot younger than that and also thought she must be a relative or something. Chris is always talking to a Donna when working out and I am wondering if she is the one she mentioned when talking about naming chickens? I don't know, but she looks in good shape, just not motivating when she orders people to work and it annoyed me.
I have not doing more than 1 # if anything on kickboxing lately. I may try it again sometime.
I have lots of pairs of readers. Funny, though as I manage to lose them in cars and stuff. My husband came up with a pair I lost in his car over a year ago. I swear I looked under the seats, mats and everything and figured they must have fell out of the car or something. My only problem with readers now, is the stronger ones, eye doctor suggested 3.00 which is blurry to me, I use 2.75 make watching movies or distance kind of off. I have to remove them to see far away things clearly. He told me to get 1.25 for driving, which seems to work for most things. My eyes are still way better than before surgery. I was really near sighted and had an astigmatism. The eye doctor did tell me they could get me some bifocals for reading and driving, but I do not see the necessity. I used to wear my contacts before surgery and use a high powered magnifying glass to read. Having tablets now makes reading so much better since you can enlarge and darken the font.

Doreen, it sounds like you had some pleasant days with your friends. I just threw away a 6x4 foot mat. Now that you mention that, I should save the other for if I were to decide to do something outside. I have not done RWH in quite awhile.

Roselyn, I hope the leg day went well.

Jolie, nice work on the walk today.

Belinda, I am so sorry. I hope these antibiotics work and you do not have to go under anesthesia. I understand the decisions of not wanting to make those trips and long waits as opposed to something more convenient. I really hope that you get better.

This morning I did CDorner's Butt & Thighs Burnout and Kaitlin was in it again. Chris is the sole instructor, Kaitlin just joins in. This one didn't have Donna in it, and yes, Diane, it is the Donna that is always commenting on her channel. So glad she wasn't in it this one, she was really annoying in the KB one.

This is a GREAT leg workout, OMG, a real burner. Loved it. Fast moving and not boring at all. I used 15's through most of it and used a 10# dumbbell for the floorwork. An ankle weight would have worked better, though. fun workout!

Workout was 48 minutes, burned 165 calories, did 1640 steps and HR was 94/127.

I'll try to come back later for personals, I am heading to a middle school to check it out for use of one of my spelling bees for next year. Have a great day!!

Good morning - This morning I took the puppy for a walk and then did a couple combos (right and left side) from a Gymbox kickboxing workout.

Today I did Caitlin and CDorner together step which was on Caitlin's Youtube link, but done in Chris's basement. This was a bit longer than it says, but I did start moving while they were chatting before they got started. The workout starts about 7 minutes in. Time was 54 minutes, 315 calories, heart rate 141/184, 5,174 steps. This was done on a bit of a cowboy theme. Not much so, but Caitlin says don't leave, it is good music. Achy Breaky Heart and Working 9-5 as a couple of the tunes. Basic Intermediate. I liked it. Caitlin leads all of it and Chris just does the workout with her. No one else was there. I think the step tomorrow is being done around noon and again will be done through Caitlin's link. I won't be working out that late and I am hoping to do the lower body workout tomorrow. My granddaughter 13 came over today to spend the day, so one workout is all I did. We played some games and had a nice visit.

Debbie, I want to do that lower body workout that you did today. That is good news that Donna was not there. I will remember the ankle weight thought. I have had times where I almost stopped and got mine out over holding a dumbbell behind my knee or some move like that.

Doreen, good for you getting out for a walk with the pup and doing some kickboxing.

Jolie, I hope you had a good day today.

Belinda, I hope things are okay and not worse. Thinking about you.

So I am really starting to feel better now, my triceps were aching a bit on Monday and after I did that upper body workout they were burning but now all that pain is gone and they aren't even sore. WTH?? I hope it stays that way. My neck and shoulders are doing good and the knots in my upper back seem to be gone. I really want to start lifting again but so worried about it. I guess I just need to take it slow and keep adding slowly. I might start doing one body part a day with cardio for a while and see how I do. I will not be lifting as heavy as before, but a bit more than I am right now. I'm excited that I am feeling so good. I think the mobility and stretch workouts have really helped me, I will keep doing them for sure.

Today I walked on my treadmill for about 20 minutes just to get some movement in, and then I did CDorner's 30 Minute Relaxing Mobility Routine for Flexibility|Stretch, this is the one she put up last week. I like it and the music in it is really good.

I see she is still doing workouts with Kaitlin, I wonder if that is going to be an ongoing thing?

Diane - I think you will like the lower body workout although you have to hold a dumbbell for most of it. It didn't bother me which surprised me. I seem to be finally healing. Sure did take long enough, yikes!! I will check out Kaitlin's channel, she is a good instructor as well. Does she have a Youtube channel like Chris does?

Belinda - Hope you are feeling better, sort of worried you didn't check in yesterday.

Jolie - If you had a rest day yesterday I hope you enjoyed it!

Doreen - Great job with your puppy walk and Gymbox!

Roxie - Hope you are doing good.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone! I have two days to work next week and then I'm off for summer break. Woohoo!!!

Yesterday was my rest day, it was forced because my refrigerator stopped working and I had to move everything into the garage refrigerator which took a long time. It was too late to workout once I was done so I took it as my rest day. Today I did a new CL workout, #344 Upper Body Pump and boy were my muscles pumped after this workout. It is a high rep semi heavy workout that is a nice slow pace but you work to failure if you pick the correct weight. There is a core/ab segment at the end which I loved since I have been neglecting my abs lately. Workout was 48 minutes and I burned 332 calories. I did not write the exercises down, I didn't want to pause that many times during the workout. I used the same weights as Cathe except for the Upright Rows, I went a little lighter since it hurts my wrist if I go too heavy.

Tomorrow we are going to Big Bear Lake to visit my parents, they got a new mobile home in a community right on the lake for their summer house. I look forward to putting my feet in the water and having a glass of wine with my parents.

Debbie, great workout today and yesterday! Just go slow and lift light weights and I pray to God that your body stays out of pain.

Doreen, I walk my dog every morning too, a great way to start the day! Actually, I walk my dog 2 times per day, he loves it.

Diane, great workout yesterday!

Belinda and Roselyn, I hope you both have great workouts today!

Have a wonderful Friday, enjoy the day!

Hi,

Sorry I haven't checked in yesterday. Yesterday I started taking the new meds, they wiped me out. Wasn't feeling well. I was drowsy for a few hours. Once I felt fine, I did CL# 348 PHA. I went a lot lighter in weights. Glad I got my workout in, the power went out in our neighbor hood for a few hours.

Today I did SBF TB Barre Fusion plus BA TB bounce. I didn't wanted to push it.

Debbie - thank you! I am fine. The new meds wiped me out yesterday. I was very drowsy and dizzy. I am sure my body needs to get used to the new medication. Sorry I worried you:( Like I mention above we didn't had power by the time it came on I was ready to go to bed.

Diane - I only took the antibiotics including today twice. Not feeling any better. Still having lots of pressure/pain in my sinus. My ENT doctor gave me liquid steroids ( at first I thought I have to use an inhaler for it) I have to add to my nasal rinse. That one confused me to add to my rinse. I actually called my ENT doctor to confirm. Hopefully it will help. I take so much crap, it better opens up everything up.

BBL!

Today I did CDorner Steady State Cardio Low Impact, 31 minutes, 193 calories, heart rate 145/168, 3,594 steps. I then did CDorner Butt and Thigh Burn out, 51 minutes, 155 calories, heart rate 103/148, 958 steps. I finished off with CDorner Movement and Mobility #4 which is a more active one that some(stopped at the supermans) 27 minutes, 76 calories, heart rate 98/119, 142 steps. Total time was 1 hour 49, 424 calories, 4,694 steps. I got a Tommy Copper T shirt for shoulders and posture. I wore it all day yesterday and by the end of the day my neck and lats really hurt. I kept wondering if it was the shirt, which seems odd, or just me sitting a lot with my granddaughter. I think I chose the wrong mobility workout today. I really needed to work on the neck and shoulders, but was also thinking my legs felt really tight.
Butt and Thigh Burnout rundown
warm segment 1 band work
mini band lavender heavy and 15#db dumbbell squat/knees out
band squat knees out no dumbbell
band squat side to side step
band squat hop in and out
band side to side step
band leg lift behind
Segment #2 which is done twice
15# dumbbells (20# Chris) leg lift behind/deadlift
15# db reverse lunge passe balance
15# dbs squat deadlift half and all then dead
repeat
section 3
bands on the floor bridge move variations with one of the moves using a 15# dumbbell
side lying inner thigh lifts holding a dumbbell
Bonus segment
repeats movements from the start with 10# dumbbells and I think more pulses etc..

Debbie, her is the link for Caitlin's youtube Caitlin Sockin Dynamic Fitness - YouTube I liked the lower body work. It is similar to some others that she has done as far as movements. I like the way it was put together. Sometimes she does the strength ones doing all moves and then going back and repeating. I am glad you are doing a lot better. Those mobility help me out a lot. At least for awhile. I got up this morning and did some stretching and took a Tumeric with boswellia in it as I really did not want to start the day with Advil or something. With that and the mobility I am much better. I sometimes have no clue what makes my neck and shoulders start hurting. I took Tuesday off, did the Fit tower lower body and cardio on Wed, yesterday was cardio, so I just do not know. I think two of CDorners workouts were shown on Caitlin's Youtube. I got the impression that when Caitlin was leading the workout she mentioned that she had a lot more following than she usually gets. I was wondering if Chris was helping her out. Chris had her visit her and workout with her a while back as well. They did a yoga workout together. That mobility workout you did today is one of my favorites and very similar with same music she has on another that I had marked in my agenda book as a favorite. Relaxing Mobility for Flexibility/ Stretch I think it is 33 minutes. At least that is how long my notes say.

Jolie, there is perks to having more than one refrigerator. Glad you were able to put your stuff in the garage refrigerator. I have had to do that and it is time consuming as I try to keep well stocked. Writing moves down for workouts does take up time and I always feel my calorie burn would be so much better if I didn't stop and write stuff down. It helps if the instructor pauses a bit, but that is not the idea behind some workouts. Enjoy you time at Big Bear Lake.

Belinda, I don't know how you take all of that medicine and have any motivation to work out. You do so well at getting it done. I sure hope the steroid liquid works for you. Praying for you.

Hi,

DH and I went for a nice walk this morning before we picked up our CSA. I been cleaning/drying all my vegetables. I probably will do a nice stretch shortly.

Diane - thank you! I hope the meds will kick in soon too. Great job on your workouts yesterday.

Have a great Saturday.

Today I did CDorner 90's Rock Step that she filmed this morning, 61 minutes, 319 calories, heart rate 132/175, 5,206 steps followed by CDorner relaxing mobility stretch for flexibility which is one of my favorites
This was supposed to be 33 minutes, but the cable people was out here working on our neighbors internet and security and the box is in my yard so it started spinning, so I finished up the lower stretches she was doing and quit. This was 29 minutes, 45 calories heart rate 79/103. Total time was 90 minutes, 364 calories, and 5,206 steps. I didn't count the stretch steps.

Belinda, nice that you got in a walk this morning. I cleaned some vegetables last night so they would be ready to use. Have a wonderful day.

Well I will try this again. For whatever reason my post got posted right as I got started? Happy Sunday! Today I went for a 3.5 mile walk outside, 70 minutes and burned 721 calories. My feet were killing me today, my big toes, they are started to get a bunion even though I use toe spacers. I am going to a foot doctor to see why my toes are starting to turn inward all of a sudden. Also, I hurt my back again, not working out, working in the garage trying to move a heavy box of books. I will be taking it slow this week till I can get an adjustment. I swear, it is always something with me!

Have a wonderful day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.