Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2021

I had a poor nights sleep, my back and hip hurt so bad I just could not get comfortable and I refuse to take anymore pain medicine. I used CBD cream but it did nothing! Standing I am fine, it is the sitting or laying down which causes the pain. The pain moved around my lower back yesterday so I think I am going to rule out anything regarding the kidneys. Since walking is ok for me, I went out and did a 5.1 mile walk up and down hills and I did fine, actually it loosened it up a bit. Walk time was 1 hour 45 minutes, I burned 866 calories and my heart rate was 143/189. One hill was about 3/4 of a mile and it was a killer!!! I had a repair man come yesterday to put a new motor in my air conditioner so I will see if that works today since it will be getting hotter this week. I go to the chiro on Tues, I cannot wait!

Diane, I drank close to 2 gallons of water yesterday and I am the same today so I think my bladder and kidneys are ok, I think my low back it out and has a spasm on top of it. I am so sick of this pain the last 4 years, I am not sure what causes it. I have eliminated a lot of things over the years trying to figure out what is causing these issues and I still get pain, could it possibly be the way I sleep? Nice job on the workout yesterday, you are really doing well lately.

Belinda, I feel I am going to be like you using super lite weights if I cannot figure out why my back goes out all of the time. Super frustrating! I have now lost a bunch of weight and i am so happy, boy, being over weight really effects my head in a bad way and my mood. I have tried to go vegan as much as I can over the last 2 weeks and I do feel better, but I eat cheese and and egg if I want to because I like them.

Make it a great day.
Try Naturescript CBD extra strength gummies. They are the best thing I've found for pain. They are pricey but if you buy from their website, you will receive a percentage off for your first order and you can find coupons out there, too. I broke my neck in a car accident and I have had several back surgeries for herniated discs. It's the best thing in the world for pain if you don't want to take opioids and who does, right? I haven't tried the cream but Salonpas makes a very good patch. They are large and my pharmacists said you can use them anywhere really. I understand chronic pain and I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with it. I hope I've made some useful suggestions. Hugs to you!

I didn't post anything for yesterday but I did Step Sync, IMAX 4 and RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps. To date, since November, I am happy to announce that I have lost 25 lbs. My legs, calves, and butt are hard. I'm working hard to get definition in my arms. At least, they aren't as jiggly as they were before but you can't really see defintion unless I'm lifting something. I guess that's ok considering I will be 62 at the end of this month. I'm so encouraged by Cathe and everyone here. I love reading your posts and your helpful suggestions.

Reactions: WD
On vacation just walking this week I do miss my lifting
Your arms are ripped. What do you recommend for those of us that are trying to get more definition in our arms? I work out with pretty heavy weights. I try to work my arms at least twice per week. I'm almost 62 so it may just be a pipe dream but I really would love to have defined arms like yours.

Hi everyone

DH and I went for a long walk this morning before we picked up our CSA. I also did CL #182 Fit Tower: Light Total Body = 66 min. Loved it! I will do that one again soon. Great full body no weights workouts.

Jolie - you have to try the CL workout I did today. It was amazing! No weights. I felt every muscle in my body. I did had to modify pull ups. There isn't anything wrong using lighter weights until you feel better. Lighter weights kicking my butt, lol. My PT doesn't want me to go any heavier than 3#. Trust me even if I wanted to go heavier I couldn't. That is fantastic job on your weight loss. You don't eat meat anymore? That is good you became a vegetarian. I already mention the reason why I went 100% vegan. In a few month I should get a good idea if going 100% plant based diet reverses my autoimmune disease. BTW, I do miss cheese. I always loved eating eggs too.

Diane - thanks you. I try to fit in my workouts. It just makes me feel so much better.

Suzie - congratulations on your weight loss.That's amazing. Can you do lighter weights or band workouts?

Have a great evening.

Last edited:
Jolie - I hate to say this but I think that Cathe workout did you in again. Every time you do a CL workout your back goes out. Go back and look at your posts. That is what I've noticed anyways. Love Cathe but her workouts are just dangerous for us for some reason.

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics-cardio int/adv, 64 minutes, 363 calories, heart rate 147/179, 5,569 steps. I also did Walk Strong 3 Jessica Smith Total Stretch 18 minutes, 27 calories, heart rate 79/100, 39 steps.
Total time 82 minutes, 390 calories, 5,596 steps. My foot still hurt through the arch a d forefoot this morning. I have had this before when I did more calf moves and stretches. Chris Dorner does have you do the calf raises in some of the mobility work. The newest has you do the walk in from down dog on toes and also a move where you doing a lunge back then into the low squat hold move where your back side is almost touching the floor(I can never remember what they call that) then raise up and reach overhead on your toes. I always wanted bigger calves, but the work can aggravate my feet sometimes. Anyway, I postponed the lower body workout. I may do it tomorrow if I have time, as I plan next weekend off since I am having my 9 year old grandson over for the weekend.
I started this and just left it and went out with my husband to dinner. Almost forgot.

Suzie, I did not have a problem with the surgery at all and relief was fast. If I remember right I just walked on the treadmill for a couple of weeks and then started light really light picking up weights and built back into my heavy lifting. The muscle has memory and it really does not take long to get back to where you were before. Working out is such a habit with me, I am only just learning a few days off does not affect my results. It is always something we want to put off when it comes to surgery though. My suggestion is if you decide to get the surgery, arrange your meals so you don't cheat and workout a comeback plan for when you are ready to get moving. Think of things you can do without lifting heavy things, like maybe barre work or something for lower body. You really can work around those things. The surgery really was worth it to me. My problems that I am having right now are due to Rheumatoid arthritis along with narrowing in the spine and around my neck which causes a lot of my pain through neck and shoulder. I have had to lighten up weight to what I used to lift. Great workout yesterday. That looks like a long one.

Jolie, I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. I was hoping that it would get better. I think a lot of those creams that need to be absorbed into the system, need to be used for a few days to see any results. I have tried the Voltaren gel and it takes several days to work according to instructions. I think the only reason my hand is now feeling better is because I have given it a break and worked on not stressing the joint over the last few days. Have you talked to a doctor at all. I know I hate to do that as I am afraid that I am getting started on a new problem and I don't want to take meds. I let them know how I feel. Most just give me what they could do and I say not now. Helps me out a lot LOL Neck has been good lately so that makes me happy. Partly because I am not coughing and sneezing with my allergies right now. Funny how that stresses it. Then I went back to the Bulletproof Collagen Joint Boost and added fish oil back. Shoulder is much better after the steroid shot. The careful lifting I have done has been okay. Very light though. Anyway, it is nice when you can get tests done so you know what you are dealing with. Do you think that you are sleeping in a different position than normal? Do you wake up in a particular position in pain during the night. I cannot lie directly on my side as it makes my shoulders and arm hurt. I wish I could make myself stay on my back. Hope you are better tomorrow.

Belinda, nice work on the walk and Fit Tower CL today. I contemplated Fit Tower Adv today, but then remembered the being up on my toes and thought my foot might not like it too much. I will see how I am tomorrow. I put my shoes on today with their orthotics and I felt so much relief. Weird how the arch support made a difference. I hate wearing shoes. Mostly at home I keep a pair of Crocs sandals near the door if I need to go outside. You are doing well sticking with the nutrition plan. I hope your results are really encouraging when you go back to the doctors again. Looking forward to hearing that it is working well for you.
I was looking at night shades as a suggestion for RA and decided I just don't think I want to eat mostly squash and sweet potatoes for vegetables. I like my spinach and greens. I like bell peppers and onions cooked up with things. I wish that there was a guarantee it was going to work. I have tried so many things that don't work. I tried Whole 30 low histamine and took certain probiotics and I did not feel better and allergies were still awful. Read lots of forums on suggestions to people that were not getting results. Granted I never gave up coffee.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.