Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2021

Today I did CDorner No Equipment Tabata Olympic Sports Theme workout, 45 minutes, heart rate 149/176, 275 calories. This had fun music and I enjoyed it. I also did the Mobility Flow for tight muscles that she did today after the the tabata workout. This was 29 minutes, heart rate 84/103, 53 calories. I finished off with her Neck and Shoulder stretch since the mobility was a lot of lower body stretching, 22 minutes, 30 calories (you are mostly sitting for this one. I also did some foam rolling. my wrist and hand hurts today and shoulder is achy :( I went to bed with a terrible headache. Some of it let up after I got up and did some movement. Still the pain is coming back now. I need to go shopping, but am dreading picking up stuff and putting it in the car. I ordered dog food so I would not have to get a big bag of that and I ordered water from Whole Foods and they subbed little bottles of water. I wish they would not do that. I could see no where that they tried to contact me. Maybe tomorrow I can drag myself out earlier and get to Walmart. I just cannot get everything from Whole Foods delivery. No low carb tortillas. I don't think my husband would eat almond flour ones and those are terribly expensive for as many as I would need. I get him Quest low carb cheese pizza and top it with pepperoni and more cheese and he likes that okay and I think the crust has almond flour in it. I get that at Walmart though.

Total time was 96 minutes, 358 calories, 3,015 steps.
Tabata Olympic theme was 20 minutes work, 10 minutes rest, 2 moves done for 4 rnds then on to another pair of moves
1 was basketball theme so so there was catching and passing and side to side tossing
2 was a kickboxing theme squat low fast punching and side kicks
3 was hockey and baseball skater with a swing across with imaginary hockey stick, and baseball swinging the bat
4 was gymnastics and she gave several altentative moves as this one went into a plank with a kick handstand and back up then move 2 was a leap kick ( I tried a plank move and just switched to standing fast jog with a but kick
5 was track and field theme high knees run and long jump
6 was swim theme prone swimmers on the floor and flip over for v sit back stroke( I stood up and did side to side lunge with a swim arm as now way after first round could I do those prone swimmers with my shoulder)

Suzie, that is great that you are getting results. You are doing well with the workouts.

Belinda, nice work with the walk and sbf today. Have fun getting your hair done today.

Debbie, I have done that workout before and liked it and it really is fun. The abs are just okay I guess. Not so hard on my neck though. I have always loved doing abs and finding challenging ways to do them. Now I have more dread as they often set off the stiff neck and pain. Plus so many instructors have supermans and plank work in their workouts. I know those are good moves, but they are tough on me right now. I will remember some workout I enjoyed, but it would take some work figuring out what dvd it is on. I often right the recipe name and page or wherever I got it with the ingredient list for the store on my grocery list. That way I can go back and reference what I purchased the item for. Just don't throw the grocery list away like I sometimes do. Enjoy lunch today ;) Here is a link to the CDorner foam roller I have been using 30 Minutes Foam Roller Release for Hips and Upper Back - YouTube She starts with upper back. The hip work is good too, but it bothers to hold myself up on my wrist right now to do it. It does not take long to do the upper back and it sure helps with those knots and she works the lat area up under the armpits. That is the thing, when I first started taking multi collagen from Ancient nutrition my fingers quit locking up and the pain went away. I am wondering if I need to go back to one that is multi collagen or marine addition . I think that is all Vital Proteins I am using and Bulletproof are is beef. Plus since I got the Vital Proteins performance whey that has collagen and grass fed whey, I have been using only that and Bulletproof joint collagen booster that is collagen with glucosamine, chondroitin, and boswellia in it. It usually helps keep my knees feeling good. When we lived by Sprouts I usually picked up several individual marine collagen packets so I had some here and there. I may get some marine collagen again. Glad you made me think about that. Yes, I love Pat Benatar, and Heart, Eurythimics Annie Lennox. I guess there are those that I really like, they were not the choices that Chris made though Maybe somewhere she will do it if she can.

Jolie, you have been doing great with those walks. Probably a good idea to keep up with new shoes since you put in enough mileage they probably break down. Take care of your feet.

So bummed about Simone Biles. I have mixed feelings about that situation. One is, it is good to do what your body is telling you - we all know that - but when you are in the Olympics, excelling is expected. I'm sure she was under a lot of stress to beat her old records, but quitting wasn't expected. I feel like she is telling the younger generation that it is ok to quit. I don't think that is right. I don't know what is going on with her, but I hope she can sort it out, I do feel bad for her. But she is the GOAT (Greatest of All Time) and she should at least try to perform like one. JMO of course!!

This morning I did RAW Strength 2 Cardio Acceleration. Great workout, really tough. It is pretty much non stop and when you aren't lifting you are doing active rest which is different types of cardio moves. Most of them incorporate the abs which was pretty cool. No squat thrusts or plank work in this workout which was a plus. Heavy lifting, I did mostly what Kelly used but had to go down a bit with shoulders and triceps.

12 reps each lifting move, cardio was just as long as Kelly wanted it to go.

Shoulders/Triceps
Upright Rows:
15's
Cardio
Repeat
Double Arm Kickbacks:
8's
Cardio
Repeat
Overhead Press/Triceps Extensions:
10's/8's (I could only do 10 reps wit 10's and 8 reps with 8's, this was hard for me)
Cardio
Repeat

Biceps/Legs
Bicep Curls:
15's
Cardio
Repeat
Squats:
15's
Cardio
Repeat
Hammer Curls/Squats:
15's/12's (last set I did 10 reps, this kills my triceps)
Cardio
Repeat

Chest/Back
Dumbbell Flies:
15's
Cardio
Repeat
Seated Double Arm Rows:
15's
Cardio
Repeat
Chest Press/Connected Pullovers:
12's
Cardio
Repeat

Abs
Bench Knee-Ins
Cardio
Repeat

Workout was 58 minutes, burned 246 calories, did 2785 steps and HR was 97/155.
Great workout, loved this one!!

Jolie - I would never think a fire would be good for a forest, but I guess that makes sense. But what is continually happening in CA is not good. I pray for everyone near those fires. Great job with your workout! I just received new Brooks shoes that I ordered a couple weeks back, I got the Adrenaline ones. Love them, they always fit perfect and they are so comfortable. Hope you enjoy yours!

Diane - I hope your shoulder is better today. I had tight traps last night and used my massager on it which helped. I hope I won't pay for this workout later in the day. I feel the same way about ab work, I pull on my neck even when I try not to, which isn't good. I liked the ab stuff Kelly did with the workout I did this morning, those are the type of ab exercises I need to do. Thanks for the foam rolling link, I will try it maybe tomorrow. I need a stretch workout for sure.

Belinda - Good job with your workout today. I will sign up for FOK planner today. :)

Take care everyone, gotta get going!

Reactions: WD
Today is a rest day, it is too hot to workout! I am also tired from my walk yesterday and I am very sore from my weight workout on Monday so today might as well be a rest day. I got my new shoes and they were way to small this time. I swear, shoes are like jeans, not one pair is the same. Also I found the ones that I had ordered $50 cheaper so I will return these and order another pair in a bigger size for less money!

Debbie, I might go and try on the Adrenaline because I need a structured shoe and that is a structured shoe. I used to wear that style years ago, along with the Ghost. Nice job on the weight workout today. Wow, you are lifting some impressive weights even though you say you do not lift heavy. I cant do 15's for upright rows, I have to use 12's otherwise my elbow kills me. That and rear delt flies are no no's for me and my body. I feel bad for Simone as well, but quitting because of a bad vault I do not think was the right thing to do. You cannot quit just because you don't do well. It cost them the gold medal. I do believe the pressure is huge but that is the price you pay when you are the best at something. I am sure she will retire now.

Belinda, great job getting the workout done! I am too tired today to even try to do something either walking or lifting.

Diane, fun Olympic workout your did yesterday! Have you been watching? I just watch the gymnastics, equestrian, beach volleyball and tennis. The heat is killing the athletes.

BBL to read the posts for the day after me. Make it a fabulous day. Hot and humid here today. I am sick of the humidity.

I've been having trouble getting a full workout in with running my daughter to volleyball early the past 3 days. This morning I did 20 mintutes of a youtube mini-band legs workout. I didn't have time to take the dog for a walk but i'm WFH today until I need to pick her up so I may take him out at lunch time.

I haven't watched much of the olympics- just some women's mountain biking - OMG - beast mode!! I would be hike-a-biking the hills they ride up!

Today I did CDorner Hiit Cardio Kickboxing first round only 11 moves which were to be done 2 times, heart rate 145/171 19 minutes, 114 calories. I just was not enjoying it that much. I went on CDorner Cardio Kickboxing, #122 27:43 minutes, heart rate 159/186, 186 calories. These combined was 3,861 steps. I then did Part of her 30 minute full body mini band workout, first 2 groups which are done twice each, 24 minutes, 68 calories. I stopped when she started triceps which was going to require me to hang on to the band and pull with the other and I did not want to put pressure on my hand. I had to modify parts of the first two groups. I had to rush to get out the door to get shopping done. Walmart must be waiting for a produce delivery and hardly any kombucha tea today. I wanted some organic kefir and there was no kefir anywhere.
Thumb and wrist still hurts. It feels okay when I wake up and as soon as I start doing things it hurts. I have had this before, but it has been years.. I am going over supplements and ordered some multi collagen from ancient nutrition. I can pick up the marine collagen next order from Whole Foods. I think diet change has something to do with this. I have had gout attacks before, but I do not think that is it. I do not do most of the things or eat most of the things that would set that off. Some fish, not salmon though, has purines that can be a problem. I don't really eat hardly any beef. Anyway, I will figure it out.

Total time spent was 70 minutes, 368 calories, 3,861 steps.
band work
round 1
band above knees side to side with a jump middle option
plank jack or just plank hold with band
hip lift bridge knees out and in on hands or lying option
plank with side turn leg lift (I just laid on my side and did the leg lifts with the band on and repeated on the other side
repeat
round 2
squat with band around wrists V overhead and down
1 leg rows with band around wrists
sit ups (climbs) with band around wrists and on the way up arms move overhead
repeat
Cardio Kickboxing 30 Minute at home Workout - YouTube

If my typing seems off, I have a lousy small cheap keyboard I am using to avoid reaching up to the height my laptop is on it's stand for my neck. That was really aggravating my shoulders. This keyboard skips letters sometimes and I have to go back and fix it which is not good for my hand and wrist., I take lots of breaks. I am not good with using a mouse left hand.

Belinda, nice work on the walk and SB Lower body this morning.

Debbie, I have not followed the olympics at all so I have no clue who that is. I pick up on a few things on the news here and there. I printed up that workout. I will get to these eventually and it will be nice having it printed up and ready. That one looks good. I have been trying to keep up with extra stretching and rolling every day. Today I did not, but may do the roller before bedtime.
Chris was starting a short step workout when I stopped. It was tempting to go ahead and do it, but I told myself I need to hold onto some of my calories and really needed to go to the store. It will be there tomorrow with the cardio workout she will be doing.

Jolie, I do not know why companies have to change their products like that. I always buy Maurices size 0 jeans in the same style and they have become narrower in the legs, although at this point I am kind of glad as it keeps them from falling down. But, still, why do they do that? Same with shoes. I had previously purchased twice Crossfit Nana 5.0 and then they made newer Nano models and they do not fit perfect like the others. I can't find the others anymore. So, I am wearing New Balance now. Maybe a little narrow though. Okay with real thin socks. I have not been watching the Olympics. I used to enjoy certain portions, but it has been quite some time since I have watched.

Doreen, it seems like our pets get used to a routine and almost seem disappointed when we do not follow through. I have went back to the file my dogs nails and groom her then give her a dental chew before my workout, but today I was in a hurry and just handed her a dental chew. She stared at it in my hand and I could see the " aren't you going to pamper me?" thing. She has a time clock for activities and meals. We laugh at her sometimes as if it gets a few minutes after 5 she goes back and forth to both of us trying to get our attention till we look at the clock. Hope you had time for the walk when you got home.

Wow did I have two great workouts today, I had so much fun even though these were tough workouts.

The first was CDorner's 30 Minute Tabata HiiT Step Workout, very fun and I loved that she had the timer showing in the upper left hand corner, that was neat. Fun moves and a couple of plank moves which I did as much as I could then subbed out with other movements. Loved it.

This one was 31 minutes, burned 156 calories (FB does not like Tabata workouts for some reason, it just doesn't get when my HR goes up), did 2646 steps and HR was 103/136. I know it was higher than that.

Then the second workout I did was CDorner's 30 Minute Killer Lower Body HiiT and I enjoyed this one too. I used 15# dumbbells and had a great lower body workout. Tabata style but she did 30 and 45 second intervals with hardly any rest between. This was a workout she did the day after Thanksgiving so if anyone wants to look for it, it was done on 11/27/20.

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 138 calories (ridiculous), did 1267 steps and HR was 97/120. Yea right!

Jolie - I wonder why your shoes were too small, I've had great luck just ordering my size and it being right. Weird. Hope the next pair works for you. I love my Adrenaline's, they are awesome shoes. I order my Brooks from Jack Rabbit, they are always cheaper than other places. And great service.

Diane - I'm hoping the collagen will help your hands, mine have been fine since taking the Marine Collagen. My knees are doing better too. Not sure if I mentioned but I ended up purchasing the Vital Collagen Peptides and didn't realize it wasn't the marine one. My knees started acting up again and I realized I was taking the wrong supplement. Scary how much of a difference this stuff makes, it really does help me. Great job with your workouts yesterday. Sometimes I like Chris's KB workouts and other times I don't. I think Kelly is my favorite kickboxing instructor.

Belinda - I have my first weeks plan, I will let you know what I make first. I haven't had a chance to look over the menu. :)

Roxie - How are you doing? Hope all is going well and I hope you find a job closer to your home soon. I purchased a couple Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick Eyeshadows and wow are those nice cream sticks. Great one and done look but I mixed mine with powder eyeshadow and really created a pretty look. I have the Amethyst and Moonlight. Both very pretty shimmery colors. They have matte colors as well. Check them out if you have a chance. Got them at Ulta.

Doreen - You sound like you are really busy lately! I remember when my step daughter was in cheerleading. All I did was run her everywhere. Miss those days sort of. LOL!!

Roselyn - Hope you are doing well.

Have a great day everyone. I go back in exactly 1 week. I need to clean my bathroom today and head to Meijer's. I love that store.

Hi everyone,

Walked this morning. I also did Cathe Live #352 Metabolic Weights and Loops with 3 pound weight, lol Yeap, you read right! I was going to do the live from this morning, there wasn't any sound? It wasn't on my end.

Debbie - great job this morning. Next week I will do the meal plan for July 25. Great job this morning.

Jolie - I ordered sneakers in my size from Cole Haan other day, had to return them for a smaller one. I usually wear a size 7 ended up getting a 6. Hope you got some rest yesterday. I was pretty beat yesterday too.

Diane - great job!

That's it for me today.

This morning I did the same workout that Debbie did, CDorner 30 minute Tabata Hiit Aerobic Step, 33 minutes, I started my timer a bit ahead as usual and start moving. heart rate 135/160, 175 calories, 2,088 steps. I did not do the squat thrust move. Instead I did the fast feet across the step. This was a fun workout. At the end I did planks on my forearms. I wanted ,more and did today's Low Impact Steady State 45 minute workout stopping at 30 minutes so I would have time for stretching. This was 30 minutes, heart rate 148/177, 187 calories, 3,506 steps 45 Min Low impact steady state cardio Workout | NO JUMPING | - YouTube Fun music, they used I love rock and roll and other song It has some kickboxing in it and a mixture of moves. This is when I enjoy her kickboxing the most. I also did Upper Body and Neck Stretch, 21 minutes, 28 calories. Total time was 84 minutes, 390 calories, 5,594 steps not counting the stretch and I also did the upper back foam rolling again. There may have been steps in the stretch, but I did not check as first part is standing.
It is amazing how much the thumb affects the hand and forearm and how much we use it. I have been skipping styling my hair other than blowing it dry as that is enough. So far it is a bit better today. I also switched back to Garden of Life Sport Grass fed whey that is undenatured. Vital Performance does not say anywhere that it is. For auto immune and particularly RA Chris Kressor says undenatured whey is one of the better ways to get glutathione production. He says he normally does not recommend supplements much for his patients. Other option is Acetyl Glutathione or Liposamal Glutathione are another option, but studies are not all out on this. He says that about using Tumeric, but if it helps his patients go ahead and use it. He had an updated discussion on his website. I have been using NAC, but just switched to Acetyl Glutathione. He gives the science between how the compound works. Liposamal is expensive and it is hard to know which brands are good quality on supplements. I really try to do my research because sometimes I get something because it costs less and it does not work and I find me wondering if it is just me. He was talking about adrenal fatigue, which he had, and I found interesting about how he handles it and he mentioned Gaia Adrenal support which is what In used when I was so exhausted and could not stay awake and needed naps during the day and decided I needed to try something. It really helped me a lot. Sorry so long, just sharing.

Debbie, that was a fun step workout this morning. Simple moves so not hard to follow. She kept working on her timer. I think that she finally purchased something to design what she wanted. Her first one she felt was disturbing with kind of flashing light. Then it was deciding where it was best for placement. Chris seems to put a lot into her workouts and planning them. You can tell she has a passion for it. I was going to try Kelly's Super Sculpt today, but just decided to hold off. I have the dvd, but one can pull it up and forward fast about 15 minutes to do the step portion. She only uses 2-3# on that workout. I just do not want to aggravate my hand. I do kind of remember you mentioning purchasing the wrong collagen. I had so many supplements to replace this time or I would have ordered this one for collagen as I have heard great reviews on it and looking for quality Amazon.com: Beyond Collagen Multi Collagen Powder - Types I, II, III, V & X | Keto Friendly, Hydrolyzed Blend with Biotin & Vitamin C | Live Conscious - 41 Servings: Health & Personal Care Marine collagen is higher on the list and it has vitamin C and biotin in it as well. It has more servings in it than the Ancient nutrition I purchased, so it was probably a better choice in the long run.

Belinda, nice work today. I am sure the 3# weights was still good to keep some strength to support the joints. I wish sizing was just universal, but they are off a lot.

Good evening, ladies! Yesterday was a day of rest for me. I didn't do cardio or anything. Today I did Cathe's Step Boss Step Synch, Bonus Abs and I also did her Cross Xpress Lean Legs and Abs and Low Impact Series Yoga Relax. I know the Cross XPress is over 20 years old but wow!!! My legs are like jelly now. What a great leg workout. I can't wait to try the other Cross Xpress workouts. I think I'll do Cathe's High Reps or Afterburn or some other DVD that incorporates metabolic training tomorrow. I have so many of her DVDs, I never really look at anyone else's. Tomorrow finishes out the month and I'm really proud of what I've done this month. What are some of your favorite metabolic training DVDs?

Today I went for a LONG walk outside in the hills around my house and it damn near killed me. The humidity is high but there are clouds to keep it a bit cooler so that helped a lot. Walk was 1 hour 55 minutes, traveled 5.9 miles, heart rate was 141/179 and I burned 1,044 calories. My feet are really sore and swollen from the humidity. I ordered new shoes and they are supposed to come today, I got the Brooks Glycerin, I hope they fit, my shoes now are getting really worn out. I think that I will have no problems falling asleep tonight!

Debbie, great workout today, I am so glad you enjoyed it! We always have fires, a lot of it is arson but also some are from lightning strikes and things like that. Believe it or not, it is good sometimes for the forests to burn, it causes new and better trees to come in, but also it can be very sad, especially the big fires. My son is coming home this week, the air quality in Reno NV is so bad they are saying to stay in doors. I am not sure what to do for my next workouts, maybe just keep doing what I am doing till Fall because it is working, I am getting lean and I am not hurting myself as much. I am kind of just getting board with the weight workouts, the walks I love. I miss boxing and kickboxing that is why I was looking at 10 rounds on BB. Not sure what to do.

Belinda, nice walk and workout today. I will check out Lift4 today. I know Debbie did it a few years back and always said great things about it. I kind of want some sort of boxing workout to work the upper body more.

Suzie, Welcome and wow, you certainly have done some impressive workouts!!! You will find that us "Old Girls" are fighting with some seriously injuries lately so our workouts wont be as impressive as yours till we all recover.

Roxie, thanks for your coaching name, I will certainly use it if I finally figure out what i want to do going forward for workouts.

Diane Sue, great workout yesterday, I will be checking that one out for sure!

Have a wonderful day.
Thanks so much for the welcome. Don't be too impressed with me. I broke my neck in a car accident years ago and I have had several back surgeries so I definitely feel your pain. I'm trying to absorb all the good information you guys are sharing about whey and collagen and other supplements. I feel a little lost. I also have severe carpal tunnel in both hands and I needed surgery several years ago. The reason that I don't is because I just don't want to put my body through one more thing and besides, the surgeon told me that he would only do one hand at a time (which makes total sense) but I wouldn't be able to do anything for 6 weeks for each hand. Has anyone else had this surgery and does that sound correct? It seems a bit long to me. I have so many questions about whey and collagen and what they're for and how they work. I don't even know where to begin. For chronic pain, I can highly recommend NatureScript CBD high potency gummies. It helps me so much! It's pricey but you can find coupons online. I'm so glad I found this group - you guys are a wealth of knowledge and information.

Suzie, you do great with your workouts. I like the Ice Total Body Metabolic workout. I have all of Cathe's workouts except an ab compilation from other workouts. Even when I think I am not going to purchase I end up going back and buying the workout. I only ordered the Boss Bands one with the long band so far. I had carpal tunnel surgery years ago on both wrists. It was such a relief. I would be up at night pacing in pain. One of the worst times was after I painted the bedroom. Boy did I pay for that. I slept with those braces at night which I do not think helped. To be honest, I did a lot more after surgery than I should have. I had no problem though. I went back to doing daycare 4 days afterward and I had a parent come and just hand me their child. I just tried to shift the child more into my arms. I guess they did not think when they did that. Also when I went back to the doctor a few days after, they said not even to pick up a gallon of milk. At that point I had done it many times. I never had a problem with the surgery at all and there was not long healing period. I was a bit more careful after visiting the doctor though. I think the worst thing was the testing before the surgery when they used those electrical pulses. That is amazing that you come through the broken neck and back surgeries and are so active. That is incredible.

Good morning,

SBF Barre Fire = 60 min plus walk early in the morning done.

I have an appointment this morning. Gotta run! I will catch up later.

This morning I did CDorner's 45 Minute Low Impact Steady State Cardio from yesterday. Really fun workout and not hard on my knees at all since there was no jumping unless you wanted to jump. Some fun stuff in there and the last 10 minutes was using light weights for shoulder, biceps and triceps work. I started with 3's and had to drop to 1's after a bit. That was a bit too much for my neck and I was worried about it. Had a great workout, though!

Workout was 49 minutes, burned 293 calories, did 4294 steps and HR was 116/166.

Belinda - I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the food they are giving me to make for one week. I go back to work on Thursday so this week it will be fine but next week when I'm working I'm not sure when I'll be able to make everything. Usually I make my work foods on Sunday and usually only one recipe like soup or something similar and I just have the same thing all week. I suppose I can just double the recipe for one of the things they give me to eat and use that all week for lunch. I'll figure it out. It's just a lot of food I think. I guess they want to keep it different for you all week. I'm usually good with eating the same things until I'm sick of it. LOL!!!

Diane - I liked that steady state workout and the music was just ok. I liked when I Love Rock and Roll came on, that was a good mix of that song. She had to lower the sound on a Lionel Richie song she played at the end so we couldn't hear it because he blocked one of her videos that had his song in it, WTH??? Why would anyone do that? I personally don't think Lionel Richie is all that great. Weird. That sucks about your thumb, I know what you mean. When mine was hurting I had a hard time doing everything. I sure hope it goes away soon. So is that multi collagen as good as the Marine Collagen do you think? I have had such great success with the marine one I don't want to switch. Let me know what you think after you've used it for a while.

Roselyn - Have a GREAT vacation! Good for you!

Suzie - I stopped using whey protein a long time ago because it didn't work well with my digestive system. I had cramps and stomach aches all the time while using it. I shifted to a Vegan based protein powder and used that for years then read things about these products having heavy metals in them like lead and mercury. I have since gone with using Hemp protein powder and it is working for me. Wish they'd made them in flavors, but they haven't yet. I'm still getting good protein with this and I can sweeten it up with blueberries and bananas.

Take care ladies, have a great weekend!!

No workout yesterday, I have a spasm in my low back and right hip so bad I can barely move!!! I took so much Magnesium, Tart Cherry, MSM, Collagen and Turmeric and it still did very little. It is so hard to sit and lay down, walking is so much better. I will try to get a walk in today, a short one, after my Air Conditioner repair man shows up and gives me another song and dance and rinky dink it again so I will have to do this again. This is the 4th time they have come out and refuse to admit we need a new one. Well, NO MORE mrs. Nice Jolie again today. Yesterday I just tried to relax to see if I could get the spasm to go away and it got better till I had to lay down to sleep. Yikes, that was a long night. I have a Chiro appointment on Tuesday, I hope I can make it that long feeling this bad. I have NO idea what is causing this except possibly, the way I sleep on my side. This is getting old! The pain is located close to my kidney area, I wonder if it is my kidney, like a stone? I will take some kidney support today and drink a ton of water and see what happens. I will try to go out for a walk after the repair man leaves but it might be too hot.

Debbie, you are kickin butt on your workouts lately and with NO pain!!!! Good for you. I sent my shoes back and ordered the one's you have, hopefully they work, I am sure they will! I also purchased some Adidas the new Boston ones that have a really thick sole, like the Hoka, maybe those might work too. I like to alternate my shoes, it is good for your joints especially the knees.

Belinda, who cares what weights you are lifting, you are getting it done and that is all that matters. I sometime use very lite weights just to give my body a rest, you are still doing your body good!

Diane, Both you and Debbie are doing some great workouts, once I am back in action I will be trying those workouts you both have been doing. Besides a Kidney Bladder support and Cranberry what should I be taking for my kidneys? Is it uva ursi? I will go on line and check out some products because this just might be where my pain is coming from. Maybe I should do a kidney flush?

Suzi, great workouts again today!!! You sound like me, a lot of surgeries and a lot of pain over the years but still trying to get it done!!! I use Bullet Proof Collagen and I like Unflavored Whey protein by ISOPURE zero carb protein, I can put it in anything and not taste a thing. My dad owned a Vitamin company for 20 years and we sold Pharmaceutical grade vitamin blends and stand alones, very similar to Life Extension products, and so I have a great understanding of how nutritional supplements support the structure and function of the human body. We also had a lab and made our own products and did contract manufacturing and private label business for some of the top vitamin companies in the US. We sourced our products from all over the world. Ask me anything and if I know the answer I will gladly share with you.

Roselyn, I hope you are enjoying your vacation!!!

Have a wonderful day my friends!

Debbie - I was overwhelmed at first too. You get used to it. Remember you can swap out any meal you want. I assume you put in the planner breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? Mine is set like that, my husband loves the variety of the food. LOL, you eat the same thing all week long. I have done that where we had a lot food left over, I skip the next day. A lot of people on the planner don't like eating the same meal on day 3, they just eat it the next day. If you look into the planner, you have a weekend prep. I usually prep thing like baking on the weekend, I chop up all my onions for the week in my food processor. It's a matter of fact, I use my food processor once to chop all my stuff for the week. I prep as much as I can on the weekend. You will get the hang of it. It does look like a lot at first. The planner is very cool, IMO! Which week are you on? Oh, when you go to the grocery list, you can click away what you don't want to eat/need.

Jolie - I am so sorry about your spasm. I hope with lots of rest you will be up and running again. Thank you for your kind world. Believe me, I feel it too especially in my left arm.

Roselyn - enjoy your vacation!

Diane - great job yesterday.

Roxie - how are you doing?

Suzie - you doing great with your workouts.

Today I did the same CDorner Low Impact Steady State no jumping workout as yesterday except I did all of it this time. She uses 2# dumbbells and works upper with it during the last 10 minutes. That is optional for the dumbbells. This was 46 minutes, heart rate 152/177, 290 calories, 4,342 steps. I woke up this morning and my left foot hurt through the arch. I think this arthritis is just hitting different areas. I also did one of her latest mobility workouts mobility flow for tight muscles, 30 minutes, 52 calories, heart rate 83/106, 50 steps. Total time was 76 minutes, 342 calories, 4,392 steps. I am hoping to do lower body tomorrow.

Belinda, nice work getting it done before your appointment. You do so well with that.

Roselyn, enjoy your vacation. You will be back at the weights soon.

Debbie, I enjoyed the full workout that you did today. I used 2#, but was really careful and a couple of times I switched the movement when it felt uncomfortable. So far I am fine though. The mobility I did today was mainly lower stuff, but you get some upper and I did the foam roll again to be sure I did not have more knots. I generally stretch and move upper before I ever get to the workouts. We got similar calorie burns and steps, but your heart rate was way different than mine. I the marine collagen is working for you I would keep it. Although when you read the rundown on which collagen types work for what, marine is mainly skin. You get joint help from most of them. I will have to find the list. Eggshell membrane is a good addition. That is why the 5 types. Some is chicken collagen. Bone broth collagen is really good, but I never cared for the taste. I wish the companies would put an actual amount of how much of each on their labels, but they seem to all say they have so much collagen in mg or gm. So, if you are just taking marine, at least you know it is all marine. Going over reviews for collagen though, the one I want next time is the one I posted. They also have some different formulas, but that one has all and the profile and order of the ingredients is different.

Jolie, I am sorry that you are having spasms. Terrible when you need rest. It seems pain wants to hit when we try to lie down. My back hurts sometimes up the center of my spine and I think a lot of it is how I sleep and sometimes I stick a pillow roll under my side to lift up my torso a bit to take pressure off my shoulder. I think it throws my alignment off of my back. One of my friends husband kept feeling ill after covid and it ended up he had a kidney stone. Apparently that can be caused from the virus. I am not sure what else would be good to use. Kidneys need us to take care of them. I know some supplements and diuretics can be unsafe. I have to be careful of which type of magnesium I use. I am sure you know different varieties help more with different things. Ones like Citrate and Maleate really do a job on me and I get terrible cramping. I hope you get to feeling better before you go to the chiropractor.

I had a poor nights sleep, my back and hip hurt so bad I just could not get comfortable and I refuse to take anymore pain medicine. I used CBD cream but it did nothing! Standing I am fine, it is the sitting or laying down which causes the pain. The pain moved around my lower back yesterday so I think I am going to rule out anything regarding the kidneys. Since walking is ok for me, I went out and did a 5.1 mile walk up and down hills and I did fine, actually it loosened it up a bit. Walk time was 1 hour 45 minutes, I burned 866 calories and my heart rate was 143/189. One hill was about 3/4 of a mile and it was a killer!!! I had a repair man come yesterday to put a new motor in my air conditioner so I will see if that works today since it will be getting hotter this week. I go to the chiro on Tues, I cannot wait!

Diane, I drank close to 2 gallons of water yesterday and I am the same today so I think my bladder and kidneys are ok, I think my low back it out and has a spasm on top of it. I am so sick of this pain the last 4 years, I am not sure what causes it. I have eliminated a lot of things over the years trying to figure out what is causing these issues and I still get pain, could it possibly be the way I sleep? Nice job on the workout yesterday, you are really doing well lately.

Belinda, I feel I am going to be like you using super lite weights if I cannot figure out why my back goes out all of the time. Super frustrating! I have now lost a bunch of weight and i am so happy, boy, being over weight really effects my head in a bad way and my mood. I have tried to go vegan as much as I can over the last 2 weeks and I do feel better, but I eat cheese and and egg if I want to because I like them.

Make it a great day.

Suzie, you do great with your workouts. I like the Ice Total Body Metabolic workout. I have all of Cathe's workouts except an ab compilation from other workouts. Even when I think I am not going to purchase I end up going back and buying the workout. I only ordered the Boss Bands one with the long band so far. I had carpal tunnel surgery years ago on both wrists. It was such a relief. I would be up at night pacing in pain. One of the worst times was after I painted the bedroom. Boy did I pay for that. I slept with those braces at night which I do not think helped. To be honest, I did a lot more after surgery than I should have. I had no problem though. I went back to doing daycare 4 days afterward and I had a parent come and just hand me their child. I just tried to shift the child more into my arms. I guess they did not think when they did that. Also when I went back to the doctor a few days after, they said not even to pick up a gallon of milk. At that point I had done it many times. I never had a problem with the surgery at all and there was not long healing period. I was a bit more careful after visiting the doctor though. I think the worst thing was the testing before the surgery when they used those electrical pulses. That is amazing that you come through the broken neck and back surgeries and are so active. That is incredible.
Yes, I know the pain. I wear the braces but the pain still wakes me up at night. I moved into a house that I completely renovated last summer and I was planting new shrubbery in front. Boy, did I pay for that, too! It was weeks and weeks of absolutely no sleep! Do you have problems with holding dumbbells are a barbell? I do. I get those electrical shock feelings when I do or when I do the stretches for my forearms. I hate not being able to do anything for a total of 12 weeks. My body has been through so much. Funny thing, I didn't mind the electrical pulses when I had the neuro test. I researched it on the internet and everyone said it was the worst pain so I went in expecting it to be just awful and it really wasn't. I wonder if my nerves are so damaged that I've just lost some of the feeling in my wrists. I guess I have one question: Do you think the surgery was worth it? I live alone and I have two puppies (2 year old Bijon/Spanial and 2 year old Bijon/Shitzu). I'm not sure how I will manage not being able to use one hand. And I know I won't be working out so there's that. I'm afraid that time off will cause me not to start again and that worries me. I have been doing so well since November and I've lost about 25 lbs. I don't want to regain that weight!!! But it's becoming harder for me to hold dumbbells and a barbell so I may be forced to have the surgery. Anyway, hugs to you for giving me such detailed information.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.