Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2021

Good morning,

Walk outside and SBF D20 Buttl Lift = 27 min + Single Tight Work = 11 min is done.

Diane - aww...thank you! I took the picture in my dining room. I was going to take it on my kitchen counter, it was a mess after putting the nachos together, lol. You are right, the next time I think we could save a little time making the nachos again. It made way too much Crema and cheese sauce. I still have a lot of Tofu Chorizo Crumbles (my DH's really loved this one), I still have a ton of black beans left over. I made my own Fresh Jax Tofu Scramble Seasoning instead of spending $20 on Amazon, I also made Cashew Sprinkles. Very time consuming but worst it, IMO! At least for the spices I have enough for a few more other recipes. Not sure if I can freeze the sauce for later? I made everything from scratch instead of buying it in the grocery store. My kids wanted the recipe, after I told them how long it too us to make it they said they will not make. I probably will make it when my kids come to visit. Your food sounds so yummy too. I love fresh cilantro and limes. I use quite a lot of both with the FOK's meal planner.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Reactions: WD
I forgot to check in yesterday! My husband and I went for a 5.5 mile walk at the beach, 1 hour 45 minutes and I burned 989 calories! Wow am I tired today, walking on a sand path it tougher than you would think compared to walking on the pavement or TM :) Today will be my rest day because I am very tired and I have a ton of laundry to do. For the 4th of July, we walked at the beach and then I sat in my backyard and read my book for a few hours and then we went out to an early dinner. We had to go 2 towns over, Laguna Beach, to get into a restaurant at a hotel, everything was closed due to potential protesting of the 4th of July by the wacky Liberals. It was warm and sunny and I have never seen so many people at the beach in my entire life.

Belinda, way to go on working out today!!! The nachos look amazing by the way!

I will check back in later to read the posts for the day.

Today I did the start of CDorner Arms, Abs and Cardio for 8 minutes and decided it was not for me so I just switched workouts and did CDorner Hiit no equipment from 1 month ago which was 40 minutes, together this was 48 minutes, 276 calories, heart rate 140/170, 2,835 steps. I then did some of Coffey Fit Raw Lift It, 29 minutes, 100 calories, heart rate 108/137, 244 steps. Total time was 69 minutes, 376 calories, 3084 steps. The hiit fit in ab work and a down to the floor ab move with each of the grouping as it was repeated 3 times. I have done this before and it is just so so. Yesterday I spent more time researching and trying to get the garage door keypad to work and finally just ordered a new one. I put batteries in thinking it needed new ones. It does not light up like the videos instructions. I will get it Friday and try again. I am getting tired of figuring out all of this smart feature stuff on this house. Once we get the keypad set I will try to refigure the code to the inside door to the house. It works, but is still the code the garage door was supposed to be and we will probably change that one. The inside door to the garage announces every time a door is opened to the outside including the front door and the back door. I am not sure I like it all that much, but am getting used to it. MY husband asked once why the door was always cracked open and I told him so I didn't hear it announce it was open everytime I went into the garage.
Raw Lift It (portions I did skipping shoulders, back and chest, and the last segment of lower body as I did not want to risk overdoing it)
10 reps per exercise

Suitcase deadlifts 15# dbs (Kelly 20's)
reverse lunge/pistol squat 15# dbs (Kelly stays 20's) I am glad this was not the kind of pistol I remember doing in the past
goblet squat 15# db
reverse cross back lunges 15#

single arm supinated biceps curls 12's (Kelly 15's) 2 sets each arm this is hard with my right shoulder and kind of hurts
suitcase deadlift 15# dbs
double arm supinated biceos curls 12# dbs

skipped next2 groups (shoulders and back which had more pistal lunges and goblet squats as well)

single arm triceps extension overhead 10# db 2 sets each side
reverse curtsy squat 15# dbs
double overhead triceps extension 10's

skipped last two segments and did the stretch

Belinda, I was going to make a vegetable chili that has black eyed peas in it, but did not realize I needed egg plant so that one will wait. They do have a baked sweet potato with black eyed pea stew recipe that is a bit time consuming, but used for other recipes as well on the 10 day reset. I stick the cooked beans in the freezer if I am not sure how soon I will use them again. Maybe do a search online to see what is freezable. I freeze opened cans of coconut milk and it works fine in soups and cooked dishes. The texture is different after thawing though. It turns bad quickly sitting in the refrigerator. I checked out the oatmeal recipes he had for breakfast, but feel they would be a fat fest. He cooks the steel cut oats in the pan with coconut oil, then adds coconut milk or cream and water along with spices and nuts and adds fruit to the top to eat. It looks like mornings are that or egg dishes and a couple of veggie fruit smoothies. I made one of them once. It was just okay. I was hungry this morning and wanted to take my fish oil and tumeric to help my trap and right shoulder this morning and looked at the morning recipes, since I generally do not eat then and decided to have some left over of the pallaird chicken instead. There is not meat in the reset or most of the book. Then lazy me wants lunch, and I looked in the refrigerator and was hungry and not wanting to wait till I make up black bean burgers so I ate the usual protein powder almond butter bowl with blueberries. I am not doing well with this. I was happy to see Cashewgurt now has a vanilla bean unsweetened yogurt. I use this with my protein all of the time rather than dairy.
My cooking is doing it all on my own and I cook my husband something different and prepare his meal for nights at work. He gets steak today and I will probably do salad and the blackbean/quinoa burger. I need to make more non dairy parmesan though.
I have done other plans in the past, I don't know why I can't keep it up. I am always so tired all of the time and lack of energy just does not help.
I am amazed how well you are doing with everything going on with your health. Amazon is over priced on some things and I guess they know people will spend for the convenience or do not pay attention. Sometimes I can get things from Whole Foods delivered with my Prime account and card and it is cheaper, I get it delivered within a couple of hours or next morning, whatever I want. I get some of my vitamins and stuff that way as well I check across things for prices. Whole foods organic pure vanilla was way cheaper than the others I found on Amazon.

Jolie, wow on the calorie burn for your walk on the beach. That is sad that you had to go to Laguna beach to eat out. Everything is open here and you should have seen all of the people at the stores and restaurants this weekend. People in our area are really patriotic and enjoy their freedoms. Last nights fireworks displays were going on all around us. I never seen so many fireworks and big ones going on at the same time before. Poor Gertie was so worried about it though. I stepped out to watch. Particularly when some boys were shooting them off right in the field behind our house. The houses have not been built there yet. They just finished a street and putting in sidewalks. That upset the dog the most. I watched them till they took off on skateboards. Just wanted to be sure they did not leave a fire behind. Although we have had so much rain, I doubt the brush there is that dry. Anyway, it was awesome to watch while remembering why we celebrate.

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend. Me and my husband had a great weekend. Had two parties Saturday and Sunday, both with fireworks and then yesterday we rode our motorcycles out to the lake. It was hot and humid, but really fun. First ride of the season. I missed working out yesterday but it was also nice to have a three day break. Next week my DH is on vacation and depending on if we go somewhere will depend on me working out.

Today I did RAW Your Moves 1 (she never did a 2) and loved it. I've done this workout many times but it's been a while. Last time I did it was 10/20/20.

Interval circuits at 50 seconds on/10 seconds off. Uses one set of heavy weights (15's) and one set of light weights (8's). Used 1# hand weights for the boxing parts.

Boxing: 1# sand weights
Curtsy Lunges
: 1# sand weights
Boxing/Curtsy together:
1# sand weights
Repeat other side

Alternating Flamingo's (Scales): 15's
Ice Skaters
Repeat

Hammer to Overhead press/Curls to Arnolds: 8's
Boxing Combo: 1# sand weights
Repeat

Squats: 15's
Squat Thrusts - (I did triple squat pulses)
Repeat

Boxing Combo: 1# sand weights
Cross Rows:
15's
Repeat 3 times more with a total of 4 times through

Pullovers then Flies: 12's
Lateral Raise on Floor: 5's
Alternate Pullover/Flies: 12's
Lateral Raise on Floor: 8's

Skull Crushers: 8's
Dead Bug: 5's
Skull Crushers: 8's
Situp with knee pulls

Great workout, loved it. Workout was 45 minutes, burned 195 calories (seriously, last time I did this I burned 277 and a couple times before that I hit 300 calories. I can't wait for my DH to get me a Garmin), did 2282 steps and HR was 102/161. HR was around 150 during the freaking warmup and during skaters it was at 89. WTF??? So annoying.

Belinda - I will check out the McDougall website and the other two sites you said to look at. I've heard of McDougall and know he likes to incorporate a lot of cabbage and things like that in his meals. I need to start doing that, the only things I eat quite a bit of are spinach and broccoli. I need to do something different. That nachos thing you made looked awesome, but that is why I don't care for the recipes on FOK - because they take forever to make. I don't mind it when I have time but most of the time I don't have time for all of that. I'd really like to be pure vegan but I just don't know if I can. My DH loves to get ice cream in the summer and I feel like I'm taking the fun away if I say no. Most places do have dairy free ice cream, though. Maybe I'll try and start eating that instead. I'm glad you are doing this, it's good to have someone else to talk to about it. I just wish I could make that final decision to go full vegan. :( I also wonder what I can or can't freeze. And how long does stuff last? Like that cheese sauce. I usually get rid of it after 7 days if I haven't eaten it all.

Diane - After all I have read I am so turned off from meat, like pork and beef. Sometimes even when I'm making sloppy Joe or something it makes me sick to cook the hamburger. Yes I still eat it, but I am finding more and more I'd rather not. I'm not there with chicken yet, I still love chicken. I think you are right, we need to eat what our bodies need but just keep in moderate. After having hamburgers Sunday and just one hot dog (of all things!) on Saturday I was sick to my stomach yesterday. It is amazing how our bodies get used to what we eat. Most of the time when I go to my brother in laws and he's making some nasty roast or thick steaks I bring my own food. I need to start doing that more often. Oh well, we do what we can, right? And I agree, Adkins is the worst diet plan. Keto as well, I know people eating constant keto and although they lose a lot of weight (not sure how) they just cannot be that healthy with cholesterol and such. Just blows my mind that people follow Keto. How do you order from Whole Foods through Amazon? I need to do that because the closest one to me is about an hour drive.

Roxie - I haven't tried any BH cosmetics yet. That pallet you bought is way to strong of colors for me, but it is pretty. I like neutrals and mauves mostly. I can't believe it made it through your swimming and all, amazing! Have you tried the Milk cream blushes yet? They are fabulous, I love them. I think Sephora sells those, not sure if Ulta does. Hope your moving is going well.

Jolie - Great workouts this weekend, nice job!! You burn amazing calories, wish I did. I know I burn more than what my stupid FB is showing but still. You have people protesting the 4th of July? Wow, now I've heard it all. This country is going to hell in a hand basket. Ridiculous.

Roselyn - What is Chelts?

Doreen - Great workout! Hope you had a great weekend!

Have a great day everyone!

I had a really lazy 4th weekend. I took Sunday off and then did a short bike ride and a hike with the puppy Monday at Red Rock Canyon.

I spent some time yesterday sorting through my workout videos on my server, renaming some and adding premix times to some. Once I rip a DVD to my server its hard to figure out what the premix name and times are.

This morning I did KCM Build& Burn Lower Body Tabatas and Kickbox and Kettlebell cardio premix.

Today I could not log in to Cathe Live workouts, nothing came up even though I am logged into her website. Lucky for me, I have a download workout, All In Upper Body so I was happy to have an upper body workout since that was what I was supposed to do anyway. Workout was 60 minutes, I added ABS at the end and burned 401 calories. Heart Rate was 122/159.

Debbie, I am kind of doing Keto, but not with all of the meat and cheese, I am just trying to eliminate as many Carbs as possible and it has worked for me. You see, I love to snack on chips, its the salt I crave and since I do not eat those or bread of any kind anymore, I am now back in my cloths from 3 years ago. For some reason, I feels so bad if I eat bad carbs, it makes me so sluggish and gives me a stomach ache. It could be the Gluten too. Nice job on the workout today, that one looks fun! I hope you get to do something for vacation next week, what do you think you will do? My husband has a dual sport motorcycle and he rides all of the time. He loves it and so do my boys who have dirt bikes. If you watch FOX news you will see that the Dems tried to cancel the 4th of July, they say it is RACIST! WTF!!! I am so sick of this behavior, the cancel culture, it has to go! We are going to take the House, Senate, and the White House next time if there is no cheating in the election!!!

Doreen, sounds like you had a great weekend! Nice workout today, and good for you for organizing your workouts, I need to do that myself.

I hope you all have great workouts today, I will check back in to read your posts for the day.

Hi everyone,

I walked early this morning and I also did SBF D30 UB2.

My doctor wants me to go to physical therapy for my shoulder/arm. I still a lot of pain.

Debbie - I agree with you and Diane eat what our bodies need but just keep in moderate. I'll be honest, if I weren't diagnosed with RP I probably wouldn't have changed anything I was eating before. Being diagnosed with a no cure degenerate disease makes you think differently. I got that disease from somewhere, right? I started researching since last August. Everything I researched pointed to a plant based diet. The more I read about cancer and autoimmune diseases to name a few it comes from animal products. I also want my antinuclear antibody test to show positive in a few month. I need to get off those medications I am taking. McDougall website is amazing, he offers a lot of free info. I also would recommend FOK website they also have lots of info. A few weeks ago I took a zoom plant based grilling class. It was her nacho recipe not FOK's :) FOK recipes take 20-35 min from start to finish. If you like to prep on the weekend it would take you even less time to cook. FOK gives me 8 diffrent recipes each week. You don't have to cook all of it. I just like following along. I have never cooked/eaten/or heard of wheat berries? Today I am making a Mexican Fiesta Bowl w/ Chipotle-lime dressing. I didn't prep the wheat berries on the weekend. I cooked them this morning, they took an hour to cook. The rest is a breeze. You do use a lot of fresh ingredients which take some time to cut up. You always have enough food for another day to eat. I have my meal planner set for 4 servings. Tomorrow for lunch I have leftovers Moroccan style chickpeas soup. I will be in DC tomorrow. Today I will prep tomorrows dinner Thai Chickpea Almond Curry. This way I don't eat out and have something heathy to eat while I wait for DD's washer get fixed. You can customize the food planner for your likings. I have mine set for breakfast/lunch & dinner. You can set it for whatever you want. I make my own vegetable stock from all the scraps from my CSA. I keep a freezer bag in the freezer and fill it up with all my clean veg scraps (carrots peels, onion skin, garlic skins anything you would through out goes into the freezer bag. I had 3 full bags of veg scraps last weekend which I filled up a huge pot with water and throw all my veg scraps in, cook it for at least 45 min. Let it cool and strain it the veg (at this point you can throw them out, lol) and freeze in ice cube trays. The vegetable stock is so much better than the store bought ones. I don't add pepper or salt to my stock. You can freeze almost everything like cooked beans, vegetables strews. I even freeze tomato paste in ice cube trays if I have leftovers. Pasta will lose it texture if you freeze it. Rice, Quinoa, garlic, if you have a huge bag of onions cut them up put on a cookie sheet until frozen then put in freezer bags. You always have onions on hand. I also freeze my fresh ginger (wrap hight in Saran Wrap) when you need some take out frozen and put back into the freezer. I will start shredding my ginger, putting it in ice cube trays. Then put it in a freezer bag. I keep my bread in the freezer until I need it. I don't have a huge freezer, I only freeze things I will use up in a few weeks or months. I did keep chicken, red meat up to a over 6 month in the freezer. Pork freezes only a few month according to the US standards. If your meat has freezer burns toss it. My sister keeps her up to a year, lol. I just called our church in town if they want a freezer full of meats, chicken and fish. They gladly will take it of my hands. Before I went vegan I went grocery shopping and filled up my freezer. I have zero room for other things besides my veg stock and ginger, lol.

Diane - your dish sounds amazing. FOK's will cook everyone you mention without any sort of oil, replace it with a little water/or veg stock. Oil is fat which isn't good for your arteries according to The China study. Portion your beans, put in the freezer until you use them again. I am getting ready to cook my dry beans /portion/freeze until I need them. You can freeze anything even herbs if you don't use them up clean and freeze. I made some vegan pesto the other day, I had a lot of fresh basil. My ice cube trays are coming in handy this day's, lol. I think because of the coconut oil it will separate in the freezer. I hope I don't come off pushing plant based diet on anyone. This is not my intension!! I just sharing my experience with you all. I know plant based isn't for everyone and people need to do what feels right for their bodies. Like I mention to Debbie I probably wouldn't never made that change if I hadn't RP. I loved eating meat in moderations. Not saying I will stay a vegan for the rest of my life? Who knows what a plant based diet will do for me? We shall see. I just had to change something. I don't know if it's the right way to eat or the wrong way? I will find out in a few month. I feel very good on the diet and my body seems to respond to it very well.

Today's workout was CDorner no equipment cardio Tabata, 41 minutes, 207 calories, 2,317 steps, heart rate 128/178. I then did the new 30 minute mobility flow routine for flexibility and stress relief, 30 minutes, heart rate 80/98, 48 calories, 100 steps. Total time was 71 minutes, 255 calories, 2,417 steps. The cardio tabata was not that intense. I modified as well, so not a big calorie burn. There was push ups, burpees, and squat thrusts which I switched out and did her modifier or one of my own.

Good Evening,

I have no workout room everything was moved. I did keep some stuff but I have to do my workouts in my living room. We moved a lot this weekend and enjoyed fireworks in our new neighborhood. I just bought the new 645 workout from Beachbody tonight.

Debbie- I have only used the eyeshadows once but I have two more pallets Hangin in Hawaii and Switzerland. I have Werk blush from Milk and there stick foundation and really want to try the bronzer. There is a lot of makeup I want to try.

Debbie, it sounds like you had a pleasant holiday weekend:). I think Kelly had plans for a your moves 2. Maybe she got side tracked with other requests and ideas. When I had facebook she would ask for requests and ideas. I have done Your Moves quite a lot. Fun work out. When I go on my Amazon account, Whole Foods is on the bar across the top. I checked to see how far Whole Foods is from me and it is 18 miles and a 39 minute drive according to Google maps. I was not sure if they would deliver here since we are almost out of the city. There is only one here and they seem to hit a lot of area. I have checked for Amazon's fresh and they are not available for that. It is not far to the Amazon Warehouse where I live. You might check it out. It is so convenient and they do free delivery for Prime members over 35 dollars. They include a tip and you can change it if you want. I usually buy a lot so my tips are at least 10 dollars. Sometimes I have given more when I see they struggled in inclement weather and the like to get to my house. Like during the ice storm and snow. Still cannot believe that woman delivered my stuff. They use their own cars. It helps me out here as there are things I can get that Walmart and Dollar general do not sell for healthy cooking.
When we have family gatherings I pretty much always make sure there is a big salad and I load up on that and maybe a little of whatever we are having. Enchilada days are rough because I go ahead and eat them and end up not feeling well later. I think that there are different versions of Keto. Dr Axe has a plan that looks healthier than most Keto plans. When I had started Paleo I was put off by all of the bacon and coconut oil and always lowered the fats in dishes anyway. But, most of those really are large plates of veggies and some protein. You just get some like the Paleo OMG lady that puts some things in her meals that I wonder how she stays thin, other than all of the Crossfit that she does I would think she would not look so good. A lot of them look great though and make claims that the cholesterol totals is not right for health or something like that and other claim the doctors give them a good report. That being said, when you do have health issues you take care of it. I have a chart that give amount of mono unsaturated, saturate and poly unsaturated fat according to the persons weight. I adjusted my goals for each according to this heart health chart on MFP. So I pat myself on the back when I keep it down. Goal is 25% calories from fat though and that is hard.

Doreen, I bet the ride in Red Rock was nice. I save stuff and after awhile I find myself putting stuff in a better order. The same has happened with Kelly's workouts I have saved in my documents. Fortunately I print and put them in a binder in plastic covers under the tag she has them. Some day I may have to do that with my workout downloads as they are kind of random.

Jolie, I do not eat much in the way of bread and thankfully now that school is out and I do not have a 7 year old wanting chips, I got rid of the heart burn. Near the end I just picked him up an individual bag at Dollar General so that I would not be left late at night with a big bag of Cheetos or something. I do not buy those things other than for family members that come in. My husband is doing low carb and me, lots of veggies and some protein. I feel I need the protein to repair joint tissue and the like. I don't think just veggies will do that. I do see vegan bodybuilders though. I monitor macros. I watch Fox news every night while I am cleaning and doing my evening chores till 11. They need to leave our country alone. It is ridiculous! And leave the statue of liberty alone and our flag. They need to quit pushing racism. Our children have grown up not thinking about skin color. Now they are carrying on and how do we protect the children's minds from that craziness. Enough already. I love my country and there are so many wonderful people of all races and from many countries here. Stupid media and nuts! It makes no sense.

Belinda, I am sorry that you have to do Physical Therapy. It is so time consuming, and not real pleasant. I am glad that you got your walk in. I freeze a lot of things for cooking. Frozen ginger grates easier anyway. Sometimes when I am grating for one recipe, I grate extra and I keep little freezer containers for that sort of thing. I find pasta is okay if it is not over cooked and already a recipe made up. Otherwise it does not take long to cook and sauces and toppings often can be frozen and prepared ahead. I freeze little containers of lemon and lime juice and I also freeze tomato paste, but I put it in Tablespoonsful on a piece of wax paper and freeze it and put it in a bowl so I just take out what I want to use. Not many recipes use a whole can of it. I spent some time on FOK site the last couple of days. For pasta I have mainly been using chickpea pasta in the Tolerance brand. I tried something from Walmart and it was starchy and clouded the water when I cooked it. It said just chickpeas, but something was different. I avoid wheat for the most part. My grandmother used to go to Amish communities and places where she could pick up things like wheat berries, seeds, and the like. She ground her own flour and made delicious bread. Much different than store bought stuff.
I hope that you get some relief with the dietary changes and PT. My experience was not wonderful with PT. Hopefully you get the same person all of the time. They kept switching who I had and they had to look at what the last person had me do. Near the end I kept the same person. I felt they had a certain protocol for pretty much everyone and very little hands on. Maybe it was just my PT center I went to. I chose it because it was around the corner and Sprouts was next to it. Probably not the best reason to choose it LOL I am pretty sure my shoulder is partly due to the traps issue. My arm feels better when I keep them down. Pushing keys on the computer a lot makes my forearms hurt. I will be addressing this with my Arthritis doctor next week. It is the same as when I had PT before. I couldn't play one song on the piano without pain.
I know you are not pushing the vegan diet on anyone and I am interested in how it helps you. Plus the recipes look good and I will probably use some. I love chipotle lime dressing. Most of the dressings in my book seems to be red wine vinegar and dijon mustard with maybe something else added. Some of the salads he did not add olive oil to. Lime juice works well. I quit using bottled dressings other than Chef Hak avocado lime dressing. I love that stuff and it has not garbage oils in it. You need to do all you can for health. I am sure that you are probably getting plenty of nutrition from what you are eating and the body probably craves it.

Roselyn, nice work on the treadmill and back. LOL on Chelts.

Roxie, it sounds like you will be moved in soon .

Good morning,

SBF D31 Make you laugh & sweat LB Cardio 90's style = 23 min plus an 60 min walk outside is done.

I am getting ready to go to DD's condo to let the washer repair guy in. DD's washer stopped working.

Diane - I have zero cravings for junk food/sweets since I am on the diet. My blood works look amazing. I have my first PT tomorrow. I do freeze a lot when I can. Lemons and limes I use them regularly no need to freeze those. Once I get my freezer empty ( I will drop off and donate all the meat today) I will be apple to freeze more. The good thing about the planner is you use up everything, no wast.

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

I did Ultimatum Blue workout today. Metabolic type stuff, weights and cardio moves. I haven't done this series in a long time - I found it going through my downloads over the weekend.

Roxie - you will have to let me know how the 645 workouts are. I sampled the trainer a while back but didn't click with his style right away and didn't care to since it was explicit (for apparently no reason- it didn't even seem like the cast was working that hard they just started swearing for effect) I still want to try 30 day breakaway and MBF - maybe this fall when the kids are in school and the schedule is more regular...

Hello everyone! This morning I did CDorner's Cardio Kickboxing - No Equipment from last week. Fun and fast workout, sort of like Cathe's with lots of leg work and fast drills. It was fun, I enjoyed it and most of the music was really good.

Workout was 43 minutes, burned 258 calories, did 4252 steps and HR was 115/151. I had to stop three times because I felt something in my contact lens. I ended up changing it out because I think it was ripped.

I also did her 30 minute mobility workout. It was ok, more movement than stretching and I stopped when she got to plank work. My triceps were screaming at me.

Doreen - Great job with your workouts yesterday, I love the B&B series. Isn't it fun going over all your workouts? Yikes!

Jolie - I get some keto type diet, but not the strict ones where people only eat fatty foods, to me that doesn't make sense at all and just cannot be heathy. My opinion, only, I don't mean to offend anyone. And yes, carbs like chips and bread will make you feel lethargic and make you gain weight. Lucky for me, my body does well with a high carb diet but I never eat bad carbs. If I eat bread, it's Ezekiel bread or whole grain bread and if I eat pasta it's always whole grain or whole wheat pasta. I can't remember the last time I had chips, I snack on cashews and fruit. Some people do extremely well with the keto diet, it is just not for me. Plus I've decided I'll never have wash board abs again so a little fluff down there due to carbs is fine with me. My abs are still flat so I'm happy with that. I'm glad you are losing weight, though, that is awesome!! You workout so hard I would think you could eat anything you wanted. :) I love my motorcycle but I'm finding the older I get, the more nervous I get riding it. People can't drive anymore and I just hate riding in high traffic areas. Lucky for us we still live in the country and our roads are not that crowded.

Belinda - So are you glad you changed your way of eating? Are you feeling any better doing this? I just told my husband last night how great I feel lately. I have energy (actually to the point of hyperism) and I sleep like a rock. I am enjoying all the things I've been eating and I've been eating a lot of fruit lately which is awesome. I used to be afraid to eat fruit and potatoes due to the bad rep they get. But now I'm finding out you can eat all that and not worry one bit. I haven't kept a calorie count on MFP in about a month and I haven't gained an ounce. In fact, my clothes are fitting very well right now. I really need to sit down and go through FOK and the meal planning. Maybe later on today I will. I'd like to try it and see how it goes. I'm glad to hear most of their recipes don't take that long to make. I was sort of turned off by the amount of things you need for a recipe and then how long it took to make it. Maybe I just picked to the wrong recipes. LOL! I've read quite a bit on the FOK website, in fact, several months ago I told all you girls about it and the documentary I watched from FOK. I love the articles FOK has they are so informative. I just read one where it said you can eat all the fruits you want - like up to nine servings!! I've been eating a lot more and love it. I don't know what wheat berries are either. There are many ingredients that the FOK recipes call for and I can't get here. I usually google an alternative for that specific ingredient. Your veggie stock sounds amazing, I've made my own as well. I need to do that more often. That is a good idea to take the scraps of the veggies you cut and make it, I never thought of that. And OMG, freezing tomato paste in ice cube trays is brilliant! I hate throwing away a half a can and I usually do. Thanks for the tip!

Roselyn - I love it! Chest and Delts = CHELTS! LOL!!!

Diane - I wanted to do the Cardio Tabata one today but felt more like doing a kickboxing workout. Glad I didn't do it, I hate burpees, why do instructors insist on doing that stupid exercise? I have been staying away from oils, when I cook veggies I use veggie broth and it really makes the veggies tasty. I only use oils for things like brownies, etc. where it makes a different, although I don't make brownies unless I have to take a desert to a party or something. I don't use spray oils anymore and the only two oils I have are Avocado and Olive Oil. My mom has lived on olive oil her whole life and she turns 84 this month. She is so healthy it is unbelievable. If it wasn't for her eyes, that woman would still be driving and probably working, I'm sure. I don't have the Whole Foods option on my Amazon bar. Weird.

Roxie - I also have Werk, love it. I have one other that is a brighter pink color that I really like too but you have to be really careful and only apply a little or you look like a clown. LOL!!

Have a great day everyone!! It is hot and humid here. I was just outside pulling weeds and about died. I think I'll clean the inside of my house today. LOL!!

Today I went for a 4 mile walk outside, traveled 4 miles and burned 697 calories. Heart rate was 146/183, boy those hills kill me and really get my heart rate up! My dog is not feeling well today, it makes me so sad. I am not sure how long he will live but I will love him every second till the end. I am sad today :( I gave him some digestive enzymes and some COQ10 and he seems to be doing better.

Debbie, you could never offend me about stating your opinion, I always know it comes from a good place. Keto and the cheese, I just don't get it. I use a little cheese but nothing to worry about. I know what you mean when you say I workout so hard you think I would be a rail, but not the case since Menopause hit. I did realize that I gained a lot of weight when I first moved to the beach, I wasn't doing my 5 mile walks anymore and my body obviously loves when I walk, my weight stays where it should be. Since the last house I lived at had such steep hills, it hurt my knees so I barely walked, but now I am back at it and I am dropping the weight. My weight is also high because of all of the snacking I did with my boys during Covid. They say, "You can't out train a bad diet" and they are right! Nice job on the workout today, sounds like fun.

Belinda, way to go on the workout today! I got out late and it was very hot, I have to start waking up earlier to beat the heat. I am going to try to eat more veggies and fruit and leave out the meat besides some chicken. Do you eat eggs for protein?

Roxie, I have to check out that new workout you bought from Beach Body. My gym is now in my garage since I moved and I dont like it much.

Diane, Are your grand kids going back to school next year full time? I am still very much out of breath since getting Covid, at least I think I had it and it isnt getting better. I am going to take a lot of MSM, Collagen and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine for lung function. What else do you think I should take. My dad says take tarte Cherry and Vitamin K as well so I will do that but what is your opinion? Nice job on the workout yesterday. Do you eat eggs? I might change up my diet soon and I am getting ideas from you ladies.

Doreen, nice workout today, I have never heard of that one.

Make it a great day.

I am back from the heart hospital. It did not take long, I think I sat down 2 minutes and they called me back for the CT. In fact they had me come in 15 minutes early and I left before the actual appointment time. I guess it must have been morning traffic as it took me 45 minutes to get there and 35 to get back. I go back to see the doctor tomorrow afternoon. Next week I will have to add another 25 minutes to the time to get to the arthritis center. I am not looking forward to that one. It is in the morning as well.
No workout, My arm and weird that my hip hurts. I got out of the car and was walking across the parking lot and it almost gave out for a second. No sure what that is all about. Maybe the weird curtsy move I tried to follow Chris Dorner on her tabata workout. I will rest today. The doctor I see tomorrow is a replacement for the one that retired that I was seeing. My primary left her office as well. Not so good when you are on medicare and have to find a good doctor. I have been going to that clinic since my children were young. I may go back to the doctor that bought the clinic, as I used to see here, but when she got busy with everything she overlooked things with me and some of my family members. They have a new doctor mine recommended by my doctor that left that was suppose to start in June. I looked up reviews and stuff about her and she seems to work out of several offices. One is much closer to me and still uses the medical group so hospital would be the same. When I say much closer it is like 14 miles in another city. I have till November to decide what I want to do. My other doctor has Rheumatoid arthritis and that is why she sent me to the arthritis center as she goes there and she had negative as well, but tests, and x rays show differently than the routine test. You could see her joints on her knuckles raised up. It must be terrible to be a doctor and lose the best use of your hands. She is my daughter's age and has children and foster children. I thought she looked terribly tired the last time I saw her.
I have decided that next time I buy Norwegian Omega 3 fish oil that I will buy capsules. That stuff is nasty tasting even though it has some lemon in it. I just wanted it to work well. I tried water, but the oil coated the sides of the cup and it makes me wonder how much of the 1 tsp I actually swallowed.

Debbie, that tabata workout was not that fun if you ask me. I have done a couple of hers that were and I remember one that she said ahead of time on her weekly post of workouts that there was no burpees. Instructors do seem to have a habit of throwing in mountain climbers (which were in the tabata) squat thrusts and burpees when trying to keep the jumping down. It kills my arms. Also she did an unusual and uncomfortable move that I tried, but ended up doing curtsy's side to side. She alternated, but did a curtsy, came down to both knees then curtsy back up. Tough on the knees! I only use avocado oil and oilve oil. I was using coconut oil for some things till they found artery plaque and decided I did not need to give my body stuff to help the RA do that to me. Also quit cream as I did not use much, but a tablespoon a day for coffee. That was fine with Paleo, but not for me. I add extra water or broth more and more lately for cooking. I did notice yesterday that when I had put the last couple of recipes into mfp, for some reason it gave the macros for the whole recipe and not one serving as some were made to be used on multiple things. I was happy with that as I was wondering why 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil gave me such a huge fat % and calories. Made me feel better about it. Wheat berries are the whole kernel of wheat before processing and removing the wheat germ and bran from it. Amazing how they process and remove nutritious parts from things. I have had two orders not show up and canceled and the driver seemed to be lost somewhere on the map. You can watch their progress when the start on the way with your stuff, just like when you orders from Amazon. I reordered the next day and they managed to get the order here. My husband said maybe I need to make a not of where my house is. When you look at Google it is just an empty hunk of land so probably confusing. To new to be on the map exactly right. That is amazing that your mother is so healthy. That makes me think of my aunt who is now 80 and drives the rv all over the country and grows her gardens and stuff. She got rid of medicare part D because she says she has never had to get medications over the years except once and it was cheaper paying the 200 dollars for the medicine than paying all of that money for Part D. I watched her climb on top of her RV trying to fix something once and thought, I hope I can do that when I get older. Well, 69 next month. and I can still climb ladders and stuff so I guess so far so good. I just need to keep the RA under control and would like to do it without a bunch of meds myself. I get my 1 prescription with the discount at my pharmacy because otherwise I have to pay a 400 dollar deductable which costs me more than the medicine. It is dumb.

Doreen, nice work revisiting a workout that you have today. Why do they need explicit language in a workout. I have had workouts before that I would not do with grandchildren present because of things said or clothing that I thought was just a bit to scanty.

Belinda, does that SBF really make you laugh while you are sweating? :p Sounds like fun. It is funny how you develop a taste for healthy things and lose those sweet cravings. I just cannot stand sweet stuff, including stevia stuff. I wish they did not make coffee drinks sweet. I use the chameleon cold brew unsweetened coffee concentrate with some macadamia milk and ice and thought when we went out of town I would get some small bottles to take with me. Unfortunately they put sweetener in them. When they say no sugar that does not mean they didn't put sweetener in it sometimes. I should have looked at the label better. I was just think that way I could have some coffee without using a hotel coffee maker while my husband was at his meeting. He kept buying me little bottles of water in the lobby for 2 dollars a piece. It was ridiculous. I mean these bottles were 8 oz and I drink a lot of water throughout the day.
Some things say with inflammation coffee should be stopped. I read some studies though that whatever it is about coffee, the negative is definitely in the decaf coffees. Suggested drinking tea. I prefer coffee. I used to prefer tea. I don't know why that changed. I find it easier to have the lemon and lime juice already juiced to just to use in recipes. Once I start juicing for one recipe I go ahead and juice several so I have it on hand.

I am back from DC. The repair man didn't take long. Well, he liked to talk, lol. He was a nice guy. The part for the washer will not be in until the end of the month. He will come back and put it in Aug 2.

Debbie - yes, I am happy I chanced my diet. I do feel much better eating this way. I have a lot more energy, I also sleep like a rock. I also was afraid to eat carbs and fruits. I'll be honest I feel much better eating all the carbs ( I love potatoes) and all the fruits. I read about 9 serving of fruit either on The Carb Solution or The China Study. The FOK is a good place to start.They do have a lot of free info/recipes on their site. If you sent me our email address I can sent you a link to try the planner for a month. You can cancel anytime if you don't like it. Do you have a Trader Joes, a health food store like Sprouts, Whole Foods near by? The nearest Whole Food store is almost an hour from my house. Amazon is another place you can try. Although I find Amazon every expensive sometimes. We have a grocery store in Town called Martins, they do have a nice selection of vegan/healthy food items. My DD loves shopping in Martins. I love getting my vegan foods either on base (they have some things), Martins, Whole Foods when I am in DC, Wegmanns which is also 45 min from my house. I can sent you a few recipes if you interested in. I just can't share them on the open forums. Let me know what you interested in. Thank you! My veggie stock is amazing and very flavorful, not like the store bought ones they taste like nothing, lol. I keep a bowl next to my cutting board when I get ready to prep my veggies, all my scraps goes into the bowl. Afterwards into the freezer bags. Just make sure all your veggie scraps are rinsed off. You don't want to have dirt in your stock, lol. LOL, I been doing the ice cube trays with tomato paste for years. I always felt bad trowing it out after I used maybe 1 Tablespoon. How often do you use tomato paste? Yesterday I used a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I only used maybe 2? The rest goes into ice cube trays for another day. This stuff isn't cheap. I also use this calk markers they are the bomb.
You can write the date and what's in it on the container/freezer bag/. I also use the markers to write on my glass jars I use like for the wheat berries and so on. Once you are done with you just wipe them off the jars. No more labels.

Diane - glad your appointment went well and you got in and out in no time. Yes, SBF made me laugh. She was dancing to the 90's music, lol. She had a rough few years. I am glad she is back. I always had a little sweet tooth. I was raised and grew up in Germany. We have nice Coffee shops with pastries/cakes everywhere. This is what people do in Europa drink coffee and eat cakes. They are not overweights either. The cakes are not as sweet like here in the US. I never like Stavia or any other sweetener, too sweet for my sweet tooth, lol. When DH and I stay in hotels not matter where in the world, we hit the grocery store first for water and snacks or whatever we need. I am European, I love my coffee. I will not give up my coffee. I love coffee. We drink a lot of herbal tea too. I couldn't give up my coffee. Sorry to hear you paying so much for your meds.

Jolie - I think eating more veggies, fruits and carbs is good for anyone. I don't eat meat, eggs, honey, fish no animal proteins only Whole Food, No sugar (refined), No oil, plant based diet. I used to love eggs, gave it up for heath reasons. The more I read about The China Study the more I am convinced my autoimmune diseases where triggered by eating a high animal proteins diet. In a few month I will see if reversed RP or not. So many people reporting on the FOK FB page and website how they cured/reversed diseases. I am so sorry about your fur baby :(

Jolie, I use NAC, my daughter told me to take zinc which we all know. I use zinc with a small amount of copper as just one can throw it off balance, vitamin D, melatonin, I used lots of immunity shots with cayenne and ginger, astralgus, vervain is supposed to help with respiratory problems and cough. Emergen-C packets twice a day. Gives some B and plenty of C. I still take a lot to stay on top of things. When I was so exhausted for awhile and not getting anything done as I was falling asleep everytime I would sit down to the computer. I bought Gaia Adrenal night or something like that and after I finished the bottle I am so much better. They have vervain in them. I look up all herbs and supplements for safety reasons. Hawthorn is supposed to be good for heart and lungs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.