Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2020

Belinda, nice that your husband can at least go for walks still. I can see how all the years in the military would be hard on the knees and back. Hiking through terrain with heavy loads is rough along with sleeping situations and much more. I forgot about the tough blast on Kickmax. I haven't done that one in years. I remember dreading the blast portion, but would make myself do it anyway. That had the standing leg work on it right? Like barre type moves? I remember putting 5# ankle weights when I would do it. Maybe it was a bonus or something. Nice work on the steps!

Debbie, there are so many different things about eating kale. I eat it all of the time. I have read something about eating it and goitergens so I make sure to have vitamin C and magnesium near when I eat it. I read in an article on Eating Well about calcium and kale having a good source of calcium, but it did say that if you are deficient on calcium for some reason it causes sleeplessness. Night shades can cause sleeplessness as well along with anxiety. It is hard to get enough iodine sometimes. Most salt has sugar in it and not iodized. I realized this and try to find the sea salt that is iodized. It is weird how supplements and foods can affect us. When something starts feeling off, I try to go back over what I have been eating a lot of lately or new supplements. I have been sleeping better the last few nights for the most part, but I also have not been taking any allergy medicine. Sneezing and coughing are back up so I may have to go back to taking it. It is not what I want to do though. Nice work on the Cathe Live workout.
It was huge lymph nodes in my armpits that got me to the doctor to see what was going on the first time I went through the removal of implant surgery. They had me through about every test imaginable to figure out why. Lymph nodes take up toxins in our bodies. I hope they go down for you soon. If they don't you might get it checked out. My lymph nodes seem to be always busy taking care of something. Still have some in my neck and I am pretty sure it is partly from the pain and stinging in my neck where they did the needle biopsy and hit something. It took way longer than normal and I was awake, I heard the doctor ask her assistant to look at the screen and wondered if she hit something. I nearly came off the table it hurt so bad when she hit and then she gave me more of that awful lidocaine.

Jolie, what a terrible thing to hear in the middle of the night. My mind would be all over the place after that. How awful for your son's friend. What is wrong with people that they cannot see someone changing a tire. I will be praying for your son's friend and his child. That is wonderful that they raised that much money to help. I think all of this legalizing drugs and people medicated like crazy leaves them with way less focus on what they are doing and where they are going. They need to get a handle on these terrorists. Sheeesh!
You got a great calorie burn in today.
I have slept longer the last few days. Even the shorter days which were over 6 I had way more rem and deep sleep.

Roselyn, nice work.

Jolie, I ordered some new workout shoes yesterday. They are New Balance. I used to wear those for awhile after I went to a NB store and was fitted. It still took me a couple of hours of research, reading reviews, and making sure they were made in the USA. I hope I love them. I am hoping the fit okay as I have been wearing 8 1/2 in Reebok so that is what I ordered. They tend to be a little loose, but I lace them to the top and they are comfortable. I tried an 8 in the Cross Fit Nano and that pear was just too snug, but the 8 1/2 was really comfortable. That is the only problem with shopping online. The ones pretty much everyone said was true to size and cushioning was good. Even though I will put my inserts in anyway. That is unless for some reason these have more than most have for an insert. Most are so thin you can feel every bump you step on through the shoe.

Good morning,

Went out for my walk around 6.30 a.m. It wasn't too bad, nice breeze going. I also did Cathe Lean legs & Abs.

I will catch up on personals later.

Reactions: WD
I can't believe it but I go back to work next Wednesday. I'm thankful I still have my job but I can't believe how quick the summer went. :(

Today I kicked it with Kelly doing RAW Box & Sculpt Outside, had a great workout. This one is fun even though it's hard to understand her. It certainly isn't hard to follow her. Love this workout, it is a lot of fun. I used a 10# dumbbell for the sculpting part.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 252 calories, did 3472 steps and HR was 130/161.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 25 minutes, burned 156 calories, went 1.17 miles and did 2903 steps. HR was 113/128. I'm already at 8643 steps for the day and it's 10:15. :)

Where is Doreen? I went back and read her posts and didn't see anything about her going on vacation. I hope she is ok, I'm worried about her.

Jolie - Was the text correct? Was there a drive-by shooting at your sons school? Or was it a hoax? That is crazy, OMG!! I will certainly keep your sons friend in my prayers. That type of thing happens all the time here in Ohio, I don't understand why people don't move over when they see something going on on the side of the highway. I don't really plan for the month anymore with my workouts, I just do what I feel like doing. Have fun with your circuit workouts, I love those.

Diane - Great job with your workout yesterday! I'm not worried about the pain in my left side near my chest, it's been like that forever. I have fibroids there and I think it's from lifting weights. Believe me, they check it every time I got there, even the scans don't show anything abnormal. It is weird what supplements can do, I take what I can and I stop taking ones that make me feel weird or don't let me sleep. LOL!

Belinda - Great job this morning, Cathe leg workouts are a dread factor for me anymore! Great job getting it done!!

Gotta go, so busy this week it seems. BBL to read all your workouts! Have a great day!

Diane - DH does have day's were he can't walk or move. We both miss running the most. He used to do the Army 10 Miler with no problem. You still get a great workout in with walking, IMO. Yes, that's the one with the blast and leg conditioning drills. I used to dread doing Kick Max with the blast too. It was a lot of fun doing the blast on the rebounder. The leg conditioning drills I remember dreading too. Not anymore, lol. I guess, my legs are used to with all the barre workouts I been doing. The Kickboxing part was a lot of fun mostly grounded.

Debbie - I don't think I ever done Lean Legs & Abs since it come out :( at least I don't remember doing it. Lean Legs and Abs was a lot of fun with lots of bodyweight, fire walkers bands. Cahte only used a set of 8's during the weight portion. A lot of the moves/abs reminded me of barre moves/pilates. I liked the workouts. I don't know why it took me so long to do the workout. I have to remember to check out the premixes. I like the workout a lot. The music was great too.

Today I started my workout frustrated. My dad is going through a lot of medical issues, his brother just died in March and I think this has a lot to due with his grieving. My mom is doing great and has helped him a lot for the last two weeks, getting him to doctors appointments and all but went back to the mountains to their vacation home last weekend. Now my dad is in a lot of pain again and it takes all of his energy out of him and then he cant drive himself to the chiro appointments and other doctor appointments. My mom hates the heat in the desert so she doesn't want to come back in the help! Fuck!!! Everyone should stick together and help each other!!! He lives over 2 hours away or I would go and help him everyday. But my mom could just stay with him herself! He isn't eating because of his pain issues, he is 6 feet 2 inches and 156 pounds!!! I swear I am so pissed off right now. If my mom doesn't go and stay with him I am going myself or bringing him home with me. He is 87 years old and I am so scared of something happening. Am I the only one scared, what about my mom and my sister! I think my mom is in denial. Please pray for my dad, thank you.

Today I did CL# 145 Upper Body Bootcamp because I really like it and felt like doing it again. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 403 calories.

Debbie, great job on your workout today. Yes, that text from the University was real, I swear I am so stressed out lately with all of this violence. MY son walks around with his hand gun in his pants just for protection, I swear I cant believe he has to do it for college. He doesn't take the gun on campus but around the school he has to have it. He is 19 years old with and open carry license. WTF! The Democrat's are letting the MOB and the Cancel Culture take over this country. I am sick over what is happening to our country on top of the issues I am dealing with in my own family.

Diane Sue, I got the New Balance 880v9 shoe and love it. I just ordered 3 more pairs to put in my closet since I got them for $65 each, they are last years model and I don't like the newer model for my feet.

Belinda, great job getting out early today and walking! I hope you have a good workout today and your knees don't hurt afterwards.

I will BBL to read your posts. Have a good day, sorry about ranting but I am so frustrated today. :(

I just finished Step Boss Step Sync, 59 minutes, heart rate 117/136 :rolleyes: , 286 calories, 5,901 steps. I then did Step Boss Ab Stacker, 10 minutes, 21 calories, heart rate 97/121, 99 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper Yoga therapy neck and shoulder pain #11, 27 minutes, 26 calories. Total time was 94 minutes, calories 333, steps 6,000

I am back :)

Belinda, nice that you got your walk in. It has been raining here the last few days. I went out and pulled some grass out of the planter when I got the mail and it had started back to sprinkling. We have had a lot of downpours and some flooded areas. Things needed it though. Yes, the kickboxing part of Kick Max is just fun and nothing tough. Funny how we got used to the barre type leg work. I should remember to pull it out and try it on the rebounder. Sorry that your husband has days where he can't walk. I hope things are better when he can get surgery. My brother in Florida is back at work driving a truck after his first knee surgery. He has to go back and get the other knee done. I know he said he would want to cry it hurt so bad. I guess that is how I get with my neck sometimes. I find myself rocking back and forth and deep breathing trying to get past the pain. Weird how it can get so bad and other times thankfully lets up. I just refuse to take a bunch of meds that are unsafe for it. What I have is all I want.

Debbie, that workout goes by quickly and is fun. Easy to follow thankfully since you cannot hear Kelly too well. She did much better on her second one. It was the same way with her first Raw workouts on Youtube. Sort of a learning experience, trial and error. I love her workouts. Still wish there were a few more that do not require weights or boxing. I need to pull out more of the Ripped and Ride ones and do them, it is just with this Fitbit, I will have hardly any steps or calories burned. I don't even know why they bother giving special settings as I don't see any difference in readings from one to the other. Nice step count this morning.
I am glad you are on top of the swelling lymph nodes. I guess it is like me and the lump I have right under my rib cage. I noticed it at first when I dropped to 16% bf and happened to get a glimpse in the mirror. The doctor has watched it now for 8 years and no change. She says it is a lypoma and not to worry. It gets tender once in awhile. I have to adjust supplements and won't take the ones I figure are causing me problems.

Jolie, I am so sorry you are that worried about your Dad. I think many elderly people are so independent and somewhat in denial when things are not right. Being two hours away would be difficult. Maybe they should relocate near you. I suppose they won't want to though. So is your sister close to them? Sometimes me are bull headed and even if you want to help, they refuse. They want to do it their way. Sending prayers out for your Dad along with your son's friend.
I checked and the New Balance I ordered are 577V4 which I am sure is an older model. Most of these shoes change the way they are made from one year to the next. That is what happened to me before. I kept buying the same shoe till I couldn't get it anymore. I read a lot of reviews. I need plenty of toe room, but the shoe needs to hug my heel so it doesn't slip around. If they are too snug my feet get numb. They will be here tomorrow. That is great that you loved the shoe and got extra. I did that when I had the Crossfit Nana 5.0, but went up a half size. Hard to find shoe now. Funny how I keep requiring larger shoes as my feet spread out.
I hear you on the violence and the advocating all of the hatred. I worry all of the time. I have family out there too. Then to top it all off they punish people for trying to protect themselves!!

Good morning,

I went for a 3 mile walk this morning. I already have over 8K :) Today is IMAX4 on schedule for Cathe's May rotation. I will have to do it after my Ortho appointment.

I will be back later to catch up on personals

Today I did RAW Your Moves 1 again and really enjoyed it. This is really a fun workout. I have to say, I don't get why Sammie joins Kelly, all she does is complain. She's funny, but sometimes she gets on my nerves. She reminds me of Lavern in Lavern and Shirley. LOL! I feel bad for Noelle, you can't even see her behind Kelly. Great workout and I upped my weights on this one.

Interval circuits at 50 seconds on/10 seconds off. Uses one set of heavy weights (15's) and one set of light weights (8's).

Boxing
Curtsy Lunges
Boxing/Curtsy together

Repeat other side

Alternating Flamingo's (Scales): 15's
Ice Skaters
Repeat

Hammer to Overhead press/Curls to Arnolds: 8's
Boxing Combo
Repeat

Squats: 15's
Squat Thrusts
Repeat

Boxing Combo (fun combo)
Cross Rows: 15's
Repeat 3 times more with a total of 4 times through

Pullovers then Flies: 15's
Lateral Raise on Floor: 8's (these were tough)
Alternate Pullover/Flies: 15's
Lateral Raise on Floor: 8's

Skull Crushers: 8's
Dead Bug: 8's
Skull Crushers: 8's
Situp with knee pulls

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 299 calories, did 2799 steps and HR was 132/171. Fun stuff! Wish she'd release Your Moves 2. Can't wait until she does, I'm guessing that one will be cardio.

I also walked on my treadmill - I should have gotten on my Max Trainer but plan to do that tomorrow - walked for 25 minutes, burned 147 calories, went 1.17 miles, did 2914 steps and HR was 112/131.

Belinda - I don't think I have that workout (Lean Legs & Abs), I thought you did the really old one called Leaner Legs. That one is tough. I'm sure the one you did was just as tough. It actually sounds like fun. I should start doing more leg workouts as my knees aren't hurting much at all anymore. That Marine collagen really has helped. Have fun with Imax 4!! YIKES!!!

Jolie - Wow, so sorry to hear about your dad. Why on earth would your mom just leave him like that? Isn't she worried about him? I can see how that would be frustrating for you. I will pray for him for sure. I hope your mom reconsiders and goes back, can you maybe try to talk her into doing that? I agree, the hate in our country right now is just unbelievable. And of course everyone is laying that blame on our President. So sick of it all, you can't even watch the news anymore without getting depressed or angry. I sure hope things change soon.

Diane - I also love Kelly's workouts, they are so fun and so is she. I also wish there were some without boxing moves. My elbow is still killing me but I love doing her workouts so much, I just try to be more gentle with my punches and I wear my elbow strap which helps a bit. You know, I have zero upper back issues right now. I'm afraid once I get back to work and sitting in that chair all day it will come back. I hope not, can't deal with it. I also wonder why FB has all those workout settings too. What's the point? They all record the same thing. :rolleyes:

Roxie - Hope you are ok and doing your workouts.

Anyone hear from Doreen? I sure hope she is ok. Wish she'd check in. Gotta go cut my moms grass.

Today I am tired, I didn't sleep well so I just walked on my TM for 60 minutes, 5.0 to 7.0 incline, slow speed between 3.1 and 3.2 going back and forth, traveled 3.1 miles and burned 513 calories :) My dad had Xrays done on his spine yesterday and he has L4 and L5 our, which is so painful, so he goes to my Chiro today to get it fixed. I don't have to drive all the way to the desert to get him, he got a good nights sleeps so he said he can go by himself. I did go ahead and pay $130 in advance so he didn't have to pay himself, it is the least I could do he is so generous to all of us. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon. Thanks for the prayers! No, my mom didn't go back, I think she is too tired to deal with it. She is 84 so I get it. I just wish they would stay together and not be in different locations.

Debbie, awesome workout today!!! I cant believe you go back to work next week. They were saying that the Teachers are going on strike because they don't want to go back and teach. I say have all of the youngest teachers teach at school and if you want to do school on line, have the older teachers do that part of teaching. Young people are not going to be affected by this virus.

Diane Sue, your shoes I am sure are going to be great. I wore mine today and I love them, my feet don't even feel tired or sore. Did you order Cathe's new workouts? Doesn't she have some step workouts coming out? I wonder if I could do them, since I am not very good at them. I need to take a basic step class on YouTube and try to figure it out. I just get so dizzy that is my main problem.

Belinda, way to go on the early walk today! I cant believe that you can do IMAX 4! Holy crap, girl those are tuff stuff workouts!

BBL to read your posts. I think I will need a nap today, but we all know that isn't going to happen, I can never relax enough to fall asleep. :(

IMAX 4 plus SBF Barre 6 done!

Jolie - I am so sorry about your dad. Maybe your mom will change her mind. I know it's tough. Hang in there my friend. IMAX 4 isn't as tough as IMAX 3, IMO. It's all low impact, no jumping. The combos are fun.

Debbie - Cathe only uses a set of 8's, loops in Lean Legs & abs. The ab section is pretty good too. Very good workout. Leaner Legs is from her Cross Train Xpress. That one is tough. All those squats. I should revisit CTX soon. Great job today.

today was arm day

Has anyone here used Beverly International products? I really like the protein was wondering about their supplements I know someone who uses them and swears by them

Good Evening,

I haven’t worked out this week spent the weekend at the lake with family sunburned and tired and this week at work one of our employees child was test for Covid so she hasn’t been able to come to work and we have another one on vacation starting tomorrow so I will be the only technician. I had PT on my pelvic floor this morning and found out I was going to the bathroom to much so I have to drink more water and retrain my bladder.

I am getting here late and need to go to bed since I have a washing machine coming between 7 and 1. This morning I did Raw Boxing and Sculpting Outdoors and used a 10# dumbbell, 35 minutes, heart rate 119/150, 158 calories, 2,997 steps. I then did Raw Your Moves #1, 43 minutes, 171 calories, heart rate 115/157, 2,298 steps. Total time was 78 minutes, 329 calorie, 5,295 steps. I got 11,150 today. I love both of these workouts. The music is fun in Your Moves 1. Kelly has a new boxing one coming up using the egg weights she was showing off. I will just use light dumbbells. I think it is next week she is starting having a live class once a week in the mornings and the 9th will be the online road trip day. It is a Sunday so I will be at church and probably out to lunch. I will have to do the workouts later after she puts them up. I had to go grocery shopping today. Trying to stock up on things for my 6 year old grandson and 12 year granddaughter since they will be here some days this month and maybe at the first of the school year. My daughter is going back for training next week.

Belinda, I Max 4, a walk , and SB Barre is quite a workout!

Debbie, I just scrolled up and see we both did Your Moves 1. I used 15's and 8's too except when I got to the pullovers/flys I dropped to 12's. It is weird how sitting on the floor doing the lateral raises is so much harder than standing or on a bench even. I was ready to throw my Fit Bit across the room because it kept losing my heart rate completely. I think when it does that it is not counting steps or calories. I finally gave up messing with it and just did the workout so I wouldn't feel hostile looking at the stupid watch. I shut it down last night and my cell and had hoped it would do better, but no such luck. I guess it Sammy doesn't bother Kelly. It seems they have always worked out together. I have had very little problem with the upper back lately since I have kept up with the strengthening moves of Lindsey Samper's and my stretching. It is the front of my shoulders and my neck that is giving me issues a lot. Right now the front of both shoulders are even tender when I put a little pressure on them with my fingers. I almost skipped the floor moves on Your Moves, but didn't. Sitting for lengthy amounts of time is bad. I have learned over this last year, not to sit at the computer too long, not to sit in the recliner too long, etc. I get up and move and do a couple of chores and go back to it. It makes a huge difference. I hope you don't have the problem come back when you go back to work. BTW LOL on Laverne and Shirley :D
I looked and it was a couple of weeks ago that Doreen posted. I just remember her saying she didn't want to sign up for a streaming service till after vacation and that is why she was doing the youtube workouts and stuff. I hope things are okay.

Jolie, I am glad your Dad is getting in to see the chiro. I agree, your parents should stay together so that if something is wrong the other can get help. We get set in our ways and it does not change so much as you get older. We expect to still be able to do the same things we did before. That sounds like a long drive for someone your Dads age though and when he is not feeling well.
At least you got in something anyway. I am not sure if I will be able to get in a workout tomorrow or not.
I got my shoes this evening and they are really comfortable. No stiffness or tightness and nice and well cushioned. I am anxious to see how they do in a workout.
Cathe's newest workouts that are out right now is Step Boss and all of the workouts use a step. Step Sync has an intermediate workout on it that is a bit easier and gets you started on moves you will be doing in Step Sync. I Max 4 is done on the step and is low impact in that set. Then there is the PHA workout that uses a step. I preordered the new ones that are coming out. I am not even sure if there is a step workout in this set. I guess I should look at them. I know there was a low impact workout and a couple of not too long yoga workouts.
I had not heard that about teachers. I just heard the teachers union wants to defund the police! They are trying to open schools here. My daughter just wants to get back to teaching. She is still up in the air on what is going on and I am back up for her children.

Roxie, it sounds like you are going to be really busy at work. I cannot imagine trying to retrain my bladder by drinking more water. It is hard to see how that would work. So you are supposed to learn to hold all the liquid longer? That would be miserable.

Roselyn, nice job getting arms in. I have only heard of Beverly International. Never tried any of their stuff though.

Good morning,

Walk outside plus LIS Trisets Upper Body is done. I will do SBF D 32 UB 5 later. I reviewed the workouts lots of planks in that one. My Upper Body is already pretty fried from LIS Trisets.

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

I am waiting for the washing machine and really tired. 5 hours of sleep and so not used to having to wake from sound sleep to an alarm. I wish they would have had a shorter time span estimated delivery. 7-1 is a wide span. I should go upstairs and do something, then they would probably come.

Belinda nice work already this morning. Planks sound like a lot after Upper Body Trisets.

Today is my mom's 83rd birthday! I will go and see her later even though I've seen her every day this week. LOL!!

Did a couple of fun cardio workouts this morning, I actually checked out some of Cathe's live cardio's and I chose #301 - All Low Intensity Kickboxing HiiT w/Core. It was really good and was low intensity. I liked it a lot, even the ab work. I wore my elbow strap again, wish this would go away. :rolleyes:

Workout was 51 minutes, burned 325 calories (funny, every dang time I looked at my FB nothing was there. I was getting so pissed.) Went 4421 steps and HR was 123/171. Good workout.

Then I did Max Climb 7 with Toby, only a 7 minute workout but very intense. It was fun.

Workout was 10 minutes, burned 64 calories, went .24 miles and did 617 steps and HR was 125/139. Can't even believe it clocked that workout and it actually looks right.

Jolie - Good job with your TM walk yesterday, you really burn some major calories with your workouts. Hope your dads appointment went well yesterday, is he feeling some relief? It seems most of our schools are going back to normal (with restrictions of course) and giving parents the choice of keeping their kids home for virtual classroom if they want. Who knows. I'm so sick of living this way and worrying about all this every day. China should be bombed off the face of the planet. Idiots and their man made viruses. Anyways, I know some of our teachers are leary of going back too, but I don't think they will strike.

Belinda - Great job getting IMAX 4 done yesterday. That leg workout sounds really good, I may look into buying the DVD. Great job with your workouts so far this morning as well! You are kicking it!!

Roselyn - Is the Beverly products from the line Bev Francis makes? If so, I have heard nothing but good things about it. I haven't used any of her products, though.

Roxie - I never knew you could retrain your bladder? I thought that if it lost it's hold you can't really change that. Good luck!! Yikes on the sunburn, I really try not to be in the sun without SPF on, I burn really quickly since I'm so fair.

Diane - Yes, those seated lateral raises are killer. I can't believe what a difference it is on the floor. My upper shoulders are sore today. I was having issues with my left shoulder, I remember telling you all it felt locked. My DH said to put Aspercream on it and within 2 days the shoulder loosened up and has been good ever since. Weird. Maybe try that, I never thought that would work but it did. The tightness is entirely gone, now I just have normal soreness from the lateral raises. That is ridiculous that they give you a time span of 7-1 for the delivery. We've had things delivered like that from Lowes or Home Depot and they text us or call when they are a half hour out. Too bad they didn't do that for you. Hope it comes soon and sorry you didn't sleep well.

Doreen - Hope you are doing well, if you went on vacation hope you are staying safe. We decided not to go anywhere this summer, it's safer to just stay home right now.

Hope you all have great workouts today!!! The heat seems to be gone finally, it's only in the 70's today. Finally. Good Lord it has been a HOT summer.

Hermin Cain died today from the Corona Virus :( I really loved that man, he was such and inspiration and such a good guy.

Today is my rest day. My dad is doing a lot better but is really sore, as to be expected. I will have him go again next week if he isn't feeling a lot better and that should do the trick. Thanks for all of the prayers and concerns, it is scary when they are 87 with all that is going around now days and then they are in pain as well. I think I may go visit my parents on Sunday, they sound really sad from being isolated.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. Every time I do kickboxing my hip seems to go out :( I love those types of workouts but my body doesn't not. I bought some ankle straps for support so I am going to give them a try when doing cardio type workouts. Why are my ankles bothering me so much lately, it must have been the shoes I got before these new ones. Happy Birthday to your mom. Enjoy your time with here :)

Diane Sue, good luck getting your washer repaired and I hope you go back to bed to get some rest today. Take the day off, you deserve it.

Belinda, up and out first thing in the morning again for your walk!!! Way to go. I am sore in the upper body myself, that is why I am taking the day off, my body needs a rest. I might just walk the rest of the week and give the muscles a break.

Roxie, hang in there, I get work is tuff but I am happy you have a job. My husband works 6 days a week, 14 hours a day :(

Roselyn, great workout! Tell us how work is going. When do you get to go onto the floor yourself?

Have a wonderful day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.