Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2020

Good afternoon,

We walked almost 3 miles early in the morning. I also did SBF D17 Interval 8 = 31 min.

Have a great day and workout.

Reactions: WD
Today is my rest day, I have to give my foot and ankle a break since I had them adjusted yesterday. I would say 50% or more of the swelling is down, but my ankle still hurts but my foot feels much better. I think my ankle hurts due to the cyst pushing on a nerve.

Debbie, kick butt workout today!!!!! Why are you skipping the leg portion of the workout? Is it your knees? I hope your follow up appointment goes well for you today.

Belinda, how are you and your husband doing? Are you going to Florida, I think that is where your MIL is from, for a service? Prayers coming your way :)

Doreen, looks like another great step workout for you today. How do you like your new Fitbit? I need a new one I am curious how yours is working. Let me know once you get it all set up.

Roselyn, you are way too young to be married 30 years! Congrats to you and your hubby :) What are you going to do to celebrate?

Diane Sue, I hope you got your upstairs air fixed so you can sleep better. Nice workout yesterday. I have to get some more Turmeric for my inflammation in my foot. This has always helped with my back so I am going to try it for the foot.

Make it a great day!

This morning I only had a short amount of time before I eye surgeon follow up appointment. He sure is a lot more thorough with exams and stuff than the ophthalmologist I had. Every time I go in I get an eye check. When I go back for the field vision next month they said they will dilate my eyes. They did not do that at the arthritis center when they did one. Glad to know ahead of time as I will try and get my husband to go with me. I did Cathe Fit Split Low Impact Cardio Premix, 27 minutes, heart rate 123/150, 132 calories, 2,126 steps. I have had so much problem with allergies lately. Thinking it may be the molds stirred up with the rain. I almost called and cancelled at the last minute. I took a Claritin before bed since I had that here and haven't went to the store for Allegra and decided to do something besides Zertec. Coughed all night and kept using my dry mouth drops and drinking water. When I got up I used Flonase and this time full dose as I usually use half, and some elderberry cough stuff. I still ended up at the office lifting my face mask to drink water and shoveling down a whole bunch of cough drops till I got out of there an hour later. Decided not to go to the grocery store today. I came home, had something to eat and sat down in my recliner and fell asleep. Now I feel like a zombie. Hopefully tomorrow is better. These short nights are killing my energy. Looking over home insurance for appliances and air and heating. Not sure if it is a good idea or not so good.
On a plus I realized when I got my coffee this morning that I got out of bed with no pain!!. That being said my neck felt sore after I fell asleep in the chair. Hopefully that leaves soon.

Roselyn, nice work yesterday.

Debbie, I really did enjoy Raw in the garage weights. I went light on the shoulders last time, but had no problems with that workout. If I remember right she says you can do something else for in between. Walking would work just as well as the lower bodyweight moves. She should have the everyone's favorite moves workout up this week sometime. I am thinking it will be cardio. On the facebook group she asks everyone to give their favorite moves so she can put something together. She is pretty active in the group and pops in to mention things here and there or comment on a post. Hope your thermal imaging reading went well.

Doreen, that workout looks fun. It is funny that she mentions people that are watching at the start. Glad she was not as talkative throughout the workout. I suppose some people that, for medical reasons, don't want their heart rate to go above a certain point would find the feature useful. I know someone who said her doctor said after a certain age you shouldn't go above 150 bpm. I had never heard that before and have not worried about it myself. Then it might be handy if you are like me and you keep looking at the watch wondering why you are flying around the room and your heart rate wants to stay at 70!

Jolie, I hope you can get that cyst taken care of soon. I use Curcumin. I always read it is better than just tumeric. I don't let myself run out. Currently using Peak Performance Tumeric/curcumin which seems to work well and is American. I have wondered if the Qunol tumeric powder works well. I had a sample in two of the boxes of Qunol that I purchased. I was taking a mixture of individual supplements to enhance it working, but then found their product had it in it. Only thing is there are different formulas of Qunol and the one I got that was more expensive did not have E in it which I was taking with ubiquinol before. It has a little C in it instead. I am sure you know what works best for you ;) I just ordered niacimide from BlueBonnet and am hoping it does the same thing as niacin. Reviews on Amazon kept saying things about using it for skin conditions. I wanted it for cardiovasular and the niacin I just finished made me red all over and flushing even with lots of food with it. I am glad it is gone.

Belinda, and early morning walk sounds nice. I saw a girl with long bright pink hair walking one of the neighbors little dogs. I recognized the dog she was walking. The neighbor has two. I never have seen the girl before so they must have company. Have a nice day today.

Last edited:
Good morning,

2.39 mile outdoor walk. I also did SBF D18 UB 7 = 10 min and UB Core + Stretch = 31 min is done.

Sorry for no personals. I will try to catch up later.

Today I did RAW Your Moves 1 and what a blast this workout was. Combination of cardio and weights and I loved it. Seriously, Kelly is amazing putting these workouts together. They do it in the garage with Sammie, Katie and Noelle. Sammie has this tank top on that says "2020 SUCKS". So funny!

Interval circuits at 50 seconds on/10 seconds off. Uses one set of heavy weights (15's) and one set of light weights (8's). Since I lifted yesterday I used 12's and 8's.

Boxing
Curtsy Lunges
Boxing/Curtsy together

Repeat other side

Alternating Flamingo's (Scales): 12's
Ice Skaters
Repeat

Hammer to Overhead press/Curls to Arnolds: 8's
Boxing Combo
Repeat

Squats: 12's
Squat Thrusts
Repeat

Boxing Combo (fun combo)
Cross Rows:
12's
Repeat 3 times more with a total of 4 times through

Pullovers then Flies: 12's
Lateral Raise on Floor: 8's (these were tough)
Alternate Pullover/Flies: 12's
Lateral Raise on Floor: 8's

Skull Crushers: 8's
Dead Bug: 8's
Skull Crushers: 8's
Situp with knee pulls

So so fun!! Can't wait for the 2nd one. Great music in this too.

Workout was 45 minutes (43 minutes really), burned 218 calories, did 2734 steps and HR was 108/174. I used Circuit mode on my FB and every dang time I looked at the watch it showed my HR under 100 bpm. I was getting really pissed about that because I was working hard and my HR was up there. What is wrong with this thing?

Walked on my treadmill for 22 minutes, burned 139 calories, went 1.04 miles and did 2583 steps. HR was 117/140.

Doreen - I remember my FB vibrated when I worked out, I turned it off as well, it's annoying. Great job on your workout.

Jolie - I'm not skipping legs, I worked my legs on Monday and they are still very sore. I worked them again today. My knees still hurt, I do what I can. Glad your ankle is getting better. Yes, my follow up appointment was stellar. I am at a consistent 1 with my breast scans, which is the best score you can have. My doctor was really impressed and said my body temperature in my breast area was actually lower than last year. She said that was phenomenal. I was very proud of myself. I do think living a fit life makes a huge difference in our health. Obviously.

Roselyn - Happy Anniversary!! My DH and I will hit 25 years next April. Time is flying!

Diane - I hope you try the workout I did today, it was really fun. I am having allergy attacks as well, it's bad right now. I take a generic sinus decongestent and it seems to help a lot. I was on Claritin for a long time but haven't spent the money on it since the generic stuff works for me. I sneeze all the time right now. Hope you feel better soon. My thermal imaging scan came back excellent, read what I wrote to Jolie. Good job with your workout yesterday, even though it was a short one. At least it's something.

Belinda - Great job on your workouts. You've been quiet lately, hope you are ok. Worried about you.

Roxie - Where are you girl? Hope you are doing well.

Have a great day everyone!

Today I was dying to do some cardio so I did CL#232 Kick, Box and Bags and had a great workout. I used 1 pound gloves, workout was 1 hour and I burned 591 calories. At the end I added 100 Body Weight Squats and some rowing just because :) I miss kickboxing so much but I notice lately that I get really sore in the hip flexors and low back so I quit. I think I need to work through it and get my muscles used to this type of workout again. My ankle is sore still so I modified any jumping with squats. I did a lot of squats! Heart rate was 135/172. I bet I will be sore tomorrow.

Debbie, that looks like such a fun workout! I noticed after I posted that you did indeed do legs on Monday so good for you for not doing them yesterday and doing them today instead! 2020 does suck and it is going to such more if Biden wins in November. We are trying to buy guns and a lot of ammo just in case our 2nd Amendment rights are taken away, we want to have a stock pile :) If there are going to de fund the Police, we need to be able to defend ourselves from all of the idiots :) When are you going back to work? I noticed some of my friends that are in the school district went back today to get ready for the ciaos.

Belinda, way to go in getting a workout in today!

Roselyn, nice workout and how is your job going?

Diane Sue, I am going to Sprouts to get the Curcumin today! I think I am going to have pain till they drain or remove the cyst but I will try anything right now. I have my MRI scheduled for 7/28 so they can see the size of it so they can get it out. Nice workout yesterday. I hope you slept better last night and didn't cough. I hate not getting a good nights sleep, I have never been able to function without sleep.

Doreen, I hope you have a great workout today.

Going to look at 2 houses today. One has a pool and a nice size house and the other is a stand alone condo on the golf course and it has a really nice community gym room, pool and golf course that goes along with the HOA.

Have a nice day.

I am so tired. Wish I could sleep at night. I even took a dose of childrens mucinex because it had cough stuff in it before I went to bed. I just did not sleep and feel so crummy after all of the allergy medicine to get through yesterday. I have to go to the store today otherwise I will hit the weekend crowd and I don't want to be in the store that long with the mask on. I would leave it off, but if I cough I will really get to the grumpy people.
Workout today was Coffey Fit Raw Your Moves #1, 49(43)minutes because I had texts and also made notes on what I had already written down ahead of time last night. I then did Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Total Body, 21 minutes, 81/100 heart rate, 21 calories, 23 steps. Total time 70 minutes, 184 calories, 2,151 steps.
Coffey Fit Raw Your Moves #1 43:48 minutes, 8 and 15# dumbbells used Timed at 50 seconds per move
Warm up
boxing: jabs / curtsy touch down/ then both moves combined/fast jabs rest
repeat
Heavy (15#) deadlift flamingo
skaters then skaters two back two front
repeat
light weights (8#) hammer curl press/ front curl arnold press
boxing front punch/ elbow strikes/ upper cut
repeat
squats heavy (15#)
squat thrust side to side step
repeat
boxing right cross/ side bend/insole
heavy (15# db) cross row right
repeat boxing and cross row left
repeat
Floor
heavy ( 15# dbs) pullover/ fly/ lateral raise (8# dbs) repeat ( I used 12# dbs) alternating pullover/fly / and lateral raise alternating
light (8# dbs)skull crusher/ double deadbug (8#dbs)
skull crusher8# dbs/ crunch knee ins no weight
stretch

Funny thing is I woke again with no pain. No stiff back, or legs. I just climbed right out of be. I am thinking maybe it is the borage oil I have started taking as nothing else has changed. I just dawned on me this morning. I am going to take it down to one capsule though. Arthritis Foundation recommends 1300 mg with a certain percentage at between I think 26 and 38%. I had to shop around for it and these are 1000 mg with correct percentages on bottle. I have been taking two a day. So, will see how effective one is. I don't want to overdo it.

Belinda, nice work today.

Debbie, I see you did the same workout. I got worse reading than you did on that watch and I was really feeling the workout. I followed Kelly the entire time with a few extra hops and stuff here and there. I swear Fitbit is so far off. I did stop a few times to make notes in red on what I put down last night and my daughter was texting me. That probably altered a little. Hopefully the next time I get better. I loved the workout. Music was fun, following Kelly was fun. I guess she is planning a couple of more of these. :D I rarely feel congested, just that awful itching through the sinuses and tickle that hits my throat which can be affected just from looking down or something and the coughing kicks in to the point I am gagging while coughing. There is nothing to cough up. Usually if I have drainage it is even worse and more than likely sinus problems set in. I purchased the generic Claritin the last time I bought it as my daughter said her husband uses that every day and when allergies are at their worst he uses Flonase. Nothing seems to be working very well for me. That is wonderful that your thermography came at so well, and even better on the temperature. That is good news.

Jolie, I can often get help from Curcumin without having to resort to Advil or something toxic like that if I give it a little time. I hope it helps you with the inflammation. I think tight hip flexors aggravate the low back. I am trying not to ignore my lower body stretching while focusing on my neck and shoulder area. I need it all I guess. Hard to fit it all in.

Real quick check in as I have a million things to do today. I'll get to personals this evening if my DH and I don't do anything.

Today I did RAW Cardio Crush 2, really fun workout. I can't believe Kelly and crew did this out in the hot sun. That is so dangerous. I don't blame Lori and Noelle for stopping after the 2nd round. Fun, fast paced and energizing. This was one good workout.

Workout was 33 minutes, burned 241 calories, went 3330 steps and HR was 135/162. My HR was up there the entire time, I'm shocked my FB figured that out this time,

Then I got on my Max Trainer, which I haven't been on in 2 weeks and I totally could tell, and did Max Holiday Burn 12 with Toby. Ok workout, I was having a hard time with it, my legs were burning big time. I need to do use this thing like at least twice a week to keep up with it. Fun though.

Workout was 16 minutes, burned 92 calories (MT said 111), went .42 miles and did 1066 steps. HR was 118/161.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Today I am sore and tired from my kickboxing workout yesterday so I did a slower paced upper body workout with higher reps and lower weights. I think my Fitbit is dying! The workout was 52 minutes and my FB said 1 hour 17 minutes! Also, the calorie burn and heart rate was way down so I guess it is time to get something new. I dont think that I will get another FB since I have had a lot of issues with this one. I will start to look around. Today workout was CL #261 Upper Body Balltastic. I enjoy this workout, I love the slower pace, also the AB section is good though I had to modify some of the exercises.

Diane Sue, I am going to look into the Borage Oil because my knees are so sore lately due to living at the beach and the high moisture in the air. Now I see why the seniors move to hot dry places to live so they don't live in pain. I am sorry that you are not sleeping well lately. I cannot function if I don't get sleep, I need at least 9 hours or I am fall down tired. I have always been like this, I have never been one to sleep 6 to 8 hours. Nice job getting a workout in anyway. I think with you going to bed so late now days that is the problem. Your sleep clock is screwed up and your body doesnt like this schedule. Maybe try going to be at 9pm and see how that works out for you. I now you want to wait up for your hubby but he would understand since it is affecting you in a poor way going to bed so late.

Belinda, I hope you get a workout in and prayers for you and your hubby during this terrible time.

Doreen, are you on vacation?

Debbie, great workout today and have a great day with your hubby!

Make it a great day.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw 888, 43 minutes, 202 calories, heart rate 126/156, 1,779 steps. This is 8 rounds of 8 moves and used 10# dumbbells for some of the moves and a med ball (optional) I used 8# ball no hitting the floor from upstairs. I also did Raw Cardio Tone stopping at the toning, 19 minutes, 117 calories, heart rate 142/164, 2,014 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper yoga doing the chair stretches and adding some of the moves from the other segments, 23 minutes, 22 calories, 20 steps. Total time was 85 minutes, 341 calories, 3,813 steps.

Debbie, that is such a fun workout. I have done it a couple of times now. Yes, outdoors on hot pavement sounds a bit much. It is amazing how hard something like the Max Trainer can be if you don't stay conditioned to it. I used to be able to get on the Tread Climber and go at the top 4.5 mph pace for long periods when I did it a lot. Now when I get on I may push it up to 4 mph briefly and mainly stay around 2 to 3. It is much tougher than it sounds. Probably like your Max Trainer.

Jolie, nice that you got in upper body today. My Fitbit turned itself off near the end of the warm up on 888 this morning so I started over. It was pretty irritating as it was a pretty fast paced warm up of jacks and skis with arms moving. It does not work well most of the time. The 888 workout had 265 calories with the Blaze last time I did it. So it is definitely lower. I still think I may look into the Withing one eventually that is a Nokia company. Maybe get away from Apple and Fitbit big brand companies.
I don't function well without more sleep. It has been this way all week. I don't wait up for my husband. He leaves around 8:30 PM and gets in at around 6 a.m.. It is just that when he leaves I clean house so I don't make noise while he is trying to sleep during the day. Last night I cleaned and scrubbed the kitchen tile grout and resealed it. Got to bed at 1 am. I fall asleep almost instantly and then wake up a couple hours later and have a battle staying asleep. It is intermittent. Last night I had 10 minutes of deep sleep. I am using magnesium before bed. Another problem is those days where I have to be up early to go to appointments and stuff. I am just having a hard time finding what works.

Hi,

Today I did SBF D19 Interval 2.

Debbie - DH took a few day's off work plus my DD come to visit. Sorry I have been quiet lately and worried you. Based on the increase of Covid in FL the family decided not to have a viewing. The family will get together once it's safe to travel. We did video chatted with my MIL until the end.

Jolie - yes, my mother in law lived in FL. It's a hotspot right now. For the last 9 years my MIL been in and out of hospitals/hospice. DH and I flew to FL very time. The hospital she was in didn't allow visitors. Sorry you have to go through so much with your foot. I hope your doc can figure out what's wrong. You poor thing :(

Diane - good job.

I will see you all tomorrow. Relaxing day for me today.

This morning I did Jessica Smith Build Strength and Balance: Core Balance, 32 minutes, 127 calories, 2,473 steps, heart rate 104/156. Went out to eat with my husband and came home and made up enchiladas to put in the oven tomorrow and a boston cream pie cake for my daughter's birthday, then mowed. That is it. Relaxing this evening.

Belinda, I am glad that you got to video chat with you mother in law. Sorry things are so messed up with this virus. It sure alters a lot of lives. Nice that you got a walk and SBF today and had time with family.

Good morning,

SBF D21 Relaxation Stretch = 30 min is done. Tomorrow I will start Cathe's May 2020 rotation. I am looking forward to the mix of workouts.

Diane - this virus sure alter a lot of lives :( Thank goodness for technology. Great job with JS yesterday.

It's very hot outside, I was going to go for a walk. I will relax the rest of the day.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone.

Yesterday was my 2nd rest day for the week. Today I feel FANTASTIC so I did cardio, TM 60 minutes, 6.0 incline, 3.2 speed, 3.2 miles and burned 459 calories. So get this, my foot is just fine after my Chiro adjusted it and did a laser treatment on it. Can you believe that they wanted to do surgery first!!! I am getting an MRI on it in about a week to see where the pinched nerve is but I am curious to see if it was in fact a cyst. My foot is NO longer swollen or hurting, I love my Chiropractors they are healers in every sense of the word. I used my Treadmill setting on my FB today, I always use workout and it says my max heartrate was 110, yeah right! It got the calories correct because they were only a few points off of what my TM said. These FitBits are a true pain in the butt.

Belinda, Great job finishing the rotation and good luck with your Cathe rotation! I am going to try to do some total body workouts this month as well.

Diane Sue, I hope you got a great nights sleep and feel rested. It is cool here today, high of 70 degrees which makes sleeping nice since it will be 58 degrees tonight.

Debbie, I hope you are having a great day off!

Roselyn and Doreen, I hope you are getting in some great workouts this weekend.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Julie - that is fantastic news. I am so glad you fund a good Chiropractors. Great job on your workout today.

Resting the rest of the day. See you all tomorrow.

Good morning,

All Out Low Impact Hiit plus SBF barre workout is done.

That's it for me today. Have a great Monday everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.