Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2020 !!

Diane - LOL, do you want to see my book shelf with all my unopened dvd's :p If you do a lot of rotations, a lot of still in shrink wrap workout dvd not getting used. I will either do this one on Friday with the sound on or the other one. If you can wait until then I will post the breakdown here.

Strictly Strength - about 42 min with warm up and cool down. JS uses 3 sets of weight (light, middle, heavier DB's) She works your upper and lower at the same time. Most are done in 3 sets or SS. Most of the exercises are 16 reps on the right side than you repeat everything on the left side. I had the sound off, DH is watching TV :)
I will do this one or the other on Friday. Jessica did not use #25. Looked more like 5's, 8's and 10's to me. She did say you can go heavier if you want too. All exercises are done standing. All exercises were done slow and controlled except on the Hip Hinge rear flies she was speeding it up.

Circuit 1: 3 sets of weights
shoulder to shoulder pass with _ 16 reps/ 1 DB
Goblet Squats move side to side 1 DB - 2 steps to the R/2 steps to the L = 1 set - 4 sets
Abductor w/opposite site hold 1 DB straight up - 16 reps - switch side
repeat one more time start on the other side

Circuit 2:
Front to Side Raise in Stationary Lunge L- when you side raise go squat down - side to lateral= 1 set - 8 sets
Alt. 1 Arm Press - 8 reps
Stationary reverse lunge - 16 reps
Catch and Hold (squat down/swing DB up with a Hold)- 16 reps
repeat everything on the R side

Circuit 3:
Single leg deadlift L with a Hip Hinge Rear Fly - 16 reps
Bic rotational curl -stand on 1 leg (W curl up /rotate your palms down = 16 reps/2nd side reverse the curl
repeat 1 more time on the R side

Circuit 4(?) had the sound off - I will check tomorrow when DH is a work.
Bent over rows w/singel leg squat L - one legged bent over row stand up - 4 slow/12 faster
opposite arm rear leg ext. (rear leg lifts w/opposite arm straight up no weights - 16 reps
repeat everything on the other leg R

kickbacks in diagonal lunge L - 16 reps
Pile Squat with chest flies( front raise) - 16 reps
repeat on the R side

split stance narrow chest press L - 16 reps
overhead ext. w/ leg lift to the side L - 16 reps
Rotate Twist w/Knee up L - 16 reps
Repeat everything on the R side

hope this helps!

Reactions: WD
Debbie - thanks for asking. My cough is a lot better, I still have some chest congestion. Not sure why it's still hanging around? My knee/hamstring still bordering me. I probably have to make another doc appointment. How are you doing? I thought that was the KCM arm workout. Looks good. Need to start pulling out all my dvd's.

All I have to say this morning is oww!! That Pyramid workout yesterday and I am so sore today! I did a couple combos from a couple different cathe live step workouts just to try to loosen up and get moving but I'm sore!!

I like to switch up instructors too. Sometimes the workouts are good but I get tired of the "catch phrases" they all use and have to leave them and come back!

Sydney is really good - I may start mixing her back in after my month of RAW is up.

My husband was looking at a house in WI yesterday online - I really was afraid he was going to buy it though I have no idea what we would do with a house 800 miles from us!!! It had 13 acres of woods and I think he was hooked on that idea!

I tried posting this morning but this site was down for some reason. Anyways, all I did today was walk on my treadmill. I feel pretty good, just don't want to over do it. My knees are bugging me for some reason, not sure why? They have been feeling excellent and now they hurt again. Weird.

Anyways, have great workouts everyone!!

Today I did Cathe Live, #139 Upper Body Express with Core. I liked it, the pace was good but it was a little easy for me, next time I should go heavier on the weights. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned a whopping 243 calories. I wanted to walk on the TM but my right knee is still sore from kickboxing so I skipped it, hoping it will feel better tomorrow.

Doreen, that property sounds really nice with the woods that your husband is looking at online. Nothing wrong with real estate for an investment. I never hear that you are sore, that workout must have done its job on you :)

Belinda, great job with the workout today. I gave so many dvds away when I moved, I figured I wasn't doing them for a reason, mostly the instructors were annoying and I dreaded doing them. I go to the thrift store and look for dvds but they are the usual duds, Jillian Michales ect. Remember Toby Massenburg? I liked him but I cant find the workouts, they must be packed still. I have to look for those again.

BBL to read other posts. Have a wonderful day.

Today I did Step Boss Step Sync, 60 minutes ( I added a little to make the calorie burn an even number) 300 calories, heart rate 126/ 150, 5,900 steps. I finished with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Hips and knees, 22 minutes, heart rate 102/132, 46 calories, 61 steps. TOTAL time 82 minutes, calories 346, 5,961. My body fat went down 1% over this last month of increased weight training. Not gaining weight though....
I was going to do the neck and shoulder yoga, but my legs and hips have been stiff in the mornings so I thought maybe I should not be ignoring that area so much. Although I have been trying to do a total body stretch at least once a week.
I do not know why I can never get caught up with things around here. I need to go to the store now that I have my car back. I pick up my granddaughter tomorrow and I don't want to have a bunch of stuff to do. I enjoy our time together. She gets out of school early.

Debbie, it will take awhile to get the posture corrected. Sitting at a computer all day is rough. I have found that if I stay away from mine for most of a day or two, my neck and shoulders start feeling good. I have the option to pull myself away from it, but with it being work for you I know it would be hard to deal with. I put a pillow behind my low back and it helps me sit up straighter when driving and at the computer. I do not know why that is. I know they make lumbar pillows, but I just use my roll and go my pillow. When you do the Jessica Smith yoga you will want to have a chair available or something for the neck and shoulders and the knee and hips workouts. I use my fit tower for knees and hips and either the fit tower of my high step for shoulders and neck. She does not use it for the whole workouts though.

Belinda, thanks so much for the break down. Somehow I figured if JS used 25# it would be for lower body. Since Amazon has it's description as up to 25# depending on level you are at. I just don't think she looks like she lifts that heavy of weights, at least for her arms.

Doreen, I remember starting pretty heavy when I did that workout the first time and being sore. I have a tendency to think I can go heavier than that. Sometimes it is better to start a bit lower than we think we can go till we build into it. Hope the soreness does not last too long.

Jolie - I probably will hang on to all my dvd's, unless there is one I can't stand. There is a reason I bought them in the first place. I just have way to many workout dvd's, it would take me years to get through them. I used to jump on any band wagons. That's how I ended up with so many. Funny, I had a conversation this morning about movies we still have on DVD's. DH and I decided to hold on too them, you never know how expensive all those streaming cost or if you keep paying for all the service when we get older. Luckily, we don't own a huge collection of movies. Workout dvd's on the other hand gotten out of control, lol.Yes, I remember Toby Massenburg. I have a few of his dvd's. Now I have to look for it, lol.

Debbie - the site was down the other day too. I believe they are moving all the Live/Demand on another server . Good job with your walk.

Diane - you are welcome. I have all JS dvd's, she never lifted anything heavier than 10's. There is one girl that reviews all JS workouts on youtube, she gets them for free. I would take her review with a grain of salt. Have you tried her youtube workouts? Personally, I find them a lot better than some of her dvd's.

Roselyn - glad you moving to more higher intensity.

Last edited:
Belinda, lol I manage to fit the shrink wrapped workouts in while doing a rotation. Sometimes I have to put a rotation workout on hold or move them so I can do more than one workout at a time, but I do those new workouts. I have done Jessica Smith on YouTube. With all of the PT I started using some of them because she seems a lot more careful to prevent injury and I was able to find workouts that I could still do. Then I purchased the Have a ball set and the Gentle yoga, also the balance ones since they are focused on balance and posture. I like them. I have not done any of her actual weight workouts though. She uses some really light weights on one of the build balance workouts and a band in one. I was curious about the strength. I have several of her YouTube workouts that are longer saved to try. Maybe I would be better to do that first.
I learned with dvds to not go with the excitement everyone seems to get with a new set of workouts. Usually after awhile you see the excitement die down and people are off on another kick and rarely use those workouts they thought were so wonderful. I spend more time reviewing and checking them out first since I know what I would probably like.

Jolie, I have some Jillian Michaels dvds. I never do them. They really do not appeal to me. You can find lots of them at the library as well. I don't know why I keep them. Seriously, I have avoided giving them to anybody else as I don't want them to think they are great workouts. I find them pretty boring and do not care for her personality. Sorry your knee is bothering from kickboxing.

Roselyn, that is amazing that you are moving along so quickly on healing. That is wonderful.

Today I did Kelly's - Muscle Up/Lift to 2B Fit Workout 1, and had a great workout. I went really light so it wasn't hard at all, I'm actually embarrassed to post these weights. Still feeling tightness in my upper back.

Super Set #1
Rows
- 15's
Dumbbell Press - 15's
Total of 3 sets/8 reps, no rest

Super Set #2
Lawnmowers
- 15# - 8 reps per side
Dumbbell Flyes - 15's
Total of 3 sets/8 reps, no rest

Super Set #3
Pullovers
- 12#
Push ups - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets/8 reps, no rest

Super Set #4
Alternate Arnold Press
- 12's
Crunches - 16 reps
Total of 2 sets/8 reps no rest

Super Set #5
Lateral Raise
- 5's
Boxer Toe Touches - 16 reps
Total of 2 sets/8 reps no rest

Super Set #6
Bent Over Lateral Raise -
5's
Supermans (but I did Oblique Twists) - 8# - 20 reps
Total of 2 sets/8 reps, no rest

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 259 calories, HR 141/171.

Then I tried the Jessica Smith Neck and Shoulders Yoga and I liked it. Not quite what I though it would be but I'm feeling really good right now. I like Jessica, looking forward to doing her other workouts on this DVD.

Diane - Can you do the Eagle pose? I have a tremendously hard time doing that pose. It hurts most of the time.

Have great workouts everyone, and a great Friday!!

Good morning,

I just finished JS Stepping Strength. All exercises were done standing. No way lifting #25 doing a standing 1 Arm chest press/or fly while you move from side to side or stand on 1 foot, lol. The workouts moves quickly from one exercise to the next, hardly stand still. You are constantly moving. It's more like an insurance workout. I think JS used 5's and 8's through out the entire workout. Her weights looked very light. Either she move or you balancing everything on 1 foot and working your upper body. This one wasn't the best workout I picked to today, it had a lot of lunges, squats, balancing everything on one foot. My knee almost gave out. She worked the upper body w/lower body. First you do 1arm lateral raise/ do the other side. Than you do another round both arms while you do a stationary lunge. Everything was done 16 reps, there were 4 intervals/40 sec thrown into the mix. The music was blah, IMO! Not a big deal. Once I get familiar with her workouts, I play my own. If I have time later today, I will try to post the entire workout.

Debbie - great job this morning. Better be safe than sorry.

Have a great Friday, everyone.

I did RAW Athletic Cardio and Barbell this morning. I think I've done this one before but I didn't have it written down. I stopped before the stretch, backed up to after the warm up and did the main exercises a second time through and then did the stretch. That turned it into about 53 minutes - which I really enjoyed!

Thanks Belinda :)

My workout is done. I did Raw Day 4 and 5 of 5 day strength. Total Body, 31 minutes, heart rate 118/140, 112 calories, 600 steps. Stretch 36 minutes, 60 calories, 98/127 heart rate, 51 steps. I wanted a stretch more than cardio this morning and limited time. Total time 67 minutes, 172 calories, 651 steps. I got over 10,000 steps the last 3 days. I doubt I will today though.
Workout Total Body 3 rounds 10 reps each exercise They use 25 and 35 # weight plate. I used other.
modified pull over 25# dumbbell
biceps curls 15# dumbbells
squat reverse lunge alternating 35# barbell
bench press 35# barbell
dips 35# barbell
upright rows 15# dumbbells 2 sets third set 12# dumbbells

I also did this warm up + stretch. Great hip flexor and hamstring stretch.

Diane - your workout looks interesting. Great job!

Debbie - do you have Amazon Prime? If so, I really like Yoga Merge. This one focus on the shoulder pain. Maybe it will help you.

Or maybe this one will help.

Last edited:
Workout is done. My husband and I are getting ready to go do some things at our church and probably get lunch/dinner. I did Kelly Coffey One on One Strong and Lean workut 2 Kickboxing, 34 minutes, 207 calories, heart rate 142/179, 3,302 steps. I also did Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Total Body, 21 minutes, 22 calories, 45 steps. I may do neck and shoulders later today. I wanted to get some more stretching in my legs as my left knee and ankle are bothering me a bit this morning. Total time was 56 minutes, 229 calories, 3,347 steps.

Debbie, I always feel pretty good after the neck and shoulders and chest and back stretches in the upper body. Chest and back will hit the shoulder area some more. I have used them both together when I did not mind a longer workout. I can do eagle arms. When I am exceptionally sore it may be uncomfortable though. I have always liked how it gets into the upper back and shoulder area. It is one of those moves that can hurt and feel good at the same time. Although Jessica says that the yoga should not hurt.

Belinda I need to check out those stretches you posted later. Thanks for the break down. It looks like those workouts pretty much both work upper and lower together. Be careful of the knees! It looks like a decent workout though.

Doreen, I think that I did that workout when I did one of Kelly's Raw rotations. Not sure if it was the strength one that she did a year or so ago or another one. I loosely followed them. Always seem to have something I am having to work around. Age kind of gets in the way sometimes.

Diane - I'll be honest I find her YT workouts a lot better. I didn't like the workout.

I will get my workout in shortly.

Back to report my workout. I did SBF Mat 4 = 35 min. She did different variations of planks, than she did lower body on the mat (inner tights/outer tights). I didn't had to bent my knees, all exercises were done with a straight leg. Worked out perfectly for my wonky knees. I am going to see my doctor next week about my knee again. I shouldn't done that JS workout yesterday. Oh well!

BBL!

Belinda, thanks for your thoughts. I do often like upper and lower done together so much and the strength one looked like maybe too many overhead moves for me right now. I am sorry about the knee. Mine left knee is hurting. I wish you had not done the workout :( I will check out some of her youtube workouts. I have a couple of full length ones saved on there.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.