Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2020 !!

Roxie, that is great that your daughter is doing 21 Day Fix live with you. It has went from 60's to freezing today. It is supposed to snow tonight, but should be done by Monday.

Doreen, I am glad Cathe Live worked well for you this morning. I bet I would like that workout since it is like a mix of those Step Boss workouts.

Good morning,

Jeni DelPozo Fit and Flex: Full Body Pilates (FabFitFun) = 20 min is done. DH and I will go for a short outside walk later. While I am resting my knee this week, I stumbled across a lot of great YT channels with amazing workouts. I will incorporate more of the workouts I own dvd's + downloads, YT, free workouts like on FabFitFun this year. More bodyweight workouts. I may change my mind in a few weeks, lol

Jolie - that is horrible. I agree, some of those shelves are hard to see. I hope they will cover all your expenses. So sorry this happened to you. Please take care of yourself.

Roxie - are you doing the containers too? I love 21DF. Great program. Have fun with your DD.

Diane - I still had to do Drop Sets triceps. I probably will continue with all

Hi to everyone that checks in today. I will be back later.

I finally got through PHA 2020 on live this morning! 3rd times a charm.... I had started a couple other times and had to quit for buffering streaming problems but today was working so I made it through the entire workout. This one is pretty typical PHA stuff - none of the Step Boss PHA3 moves with the riser. But a good workout.

Jolie- I thought of you in this PHA because Cathe even mentions - Oh - that feels too fast - let's slow it down and how you have trouble with how fast the LIVE workouts are.

I think hopped onto RAW and started Kettlebells and Kickboxing but got pulled away to deal with getting everyone off and ready for the day!!

Reactions: WD
No workout today, I woke up in the middle of the night with an extreme sore throat and I am so congested. I am taking an obscene amount of vitamin C, Probiotics and Cayenne so I hope this doesn't turn into something really bad.

It is cool but sunny here today, absolutely beautiful! The ocean is a turquoise color like in Hawaii!

Hope you all have a great day and if you workout, crush it!

I had planned on doing Step Sync this morning, but did not get to it. Maybe before church tomorrow or I will just take two days off. Kelly's stretch yesterday sure did help all of my stiffness and soreness. I felt good this morning in that respect. Tired though because I stayed up till midnight catching up laundry. My daughter's washer quit and she came over yesterday and washed clothes and came this morning and did another load. I could have done it, but I like to be downstairs visiting with her and the children. Later my husband I went out for a late lunch. I got a dynamite shrimp salad at a Charlestons. I am sure it was loaded with calories, but it was a delicious treat. My husband commented on all of my weight loss today since my pants are starting to sag on me. I have lost too much weight. I want to build muscle weight back up. It is hard when I have to be careful while doing it. I couldn't find the nutritional facts on the dynamite salad for mfp so just used another of their salads that is in the data base. I checked the internet, but there was nothing except some positive reviews. It is probably through the roof because there is a spicy cream sauce along with sesame ginger vinaigrette, peanut sauce , and toasted sesame seeds. That is a lot of toppings.

Roselyn, good luck with your first leg workout.

Debbie, it snowed here this morning and warmed up enough to melt. Still pretty cold outside. I am just hoping not to have one of those cold springs with high winds and lots of rain and flooding. It has been pretty dry.

Doreen, I like the use of the step in Step Boss with PHA. I have heard others say they liked the new 2020 live PHA better.

Jolie, I hope that cold is wiped out quickly.

Good morning and Happy Sunday! I am feeling much better today, I have forced myself to get 10 hours of sleep the last two nights and it has really helped with this head cold. Not sure if I should have worked out today but I felt like doing something. Today I put together my own Total Body Workout, 3 rounds of each circuit and each set to failure. I went heavier in some exercise than I have been lifting and it feels good to lift heavier and slower. Workout with a stretch at the end was 1 hour and I burned 415 calories. I had a 1 minute break between exercises.

( 3 rounds and each exercise TF)

Warm Up STS Meso 2 ( I like this one and I added squats to warm up the legs)

Chest Press- 20's x 20, x 20, x 17 ( go heavier next time)

Chest Flies- 17's x 21, x 16, x 16

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 22, x 21, x 18 ( go heavier next time )

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 13, x 12, x 10

Seated Overhead Press- 17's x 17, x 16, x 13

Upright Rows- 15's x 14, x 13, x 11

Seated Curls- 17's x 18, x 16, x 11

Hammer Curls- 15's x 17, x 14, x 13

Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 20, x 19, x 17 ( go heavier next time)

Kickbacks- 10's x 14, x 14, x12

Leg Ext.- 50# x 18, x 17, x18

Leg Curls- 20# x 16, x 16, x 17

ABS-
Alt. Leg Lifts- x 20, x 20, x 20

Alt. Crunch with leg lift 8# x 20, x 20, x 20

I am going to do another workout like this in the next couple of days doing different exercises so i can hit all sides of the muscle.

I hope you all have a great day, i have to go to costco and then i am watching football playoff games all day and making chili.

Today I went for a 2.5 mile slow walk. The sun was out, it was beautiful outside.

Julie - glad you feeling better today. Your TB workout looks intense. Nice weights, girl.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

This morning I did Coffeyfit Raw 5 day strength day #1 back and biceps, 38 minutes, 138 calories, heart rate average 118, max 158, 309 steps. I wanted to do Step Sync, but will save that for tomorrow.
Weights today
Back
1 arm row 25# 10 reps 5 sets alternating sides ( still not ready for the 30# Kelly uses I am being careful)
1 arm seated fly 12# 10 reps 5 sets alternating sides
frog legs lying prone on step 5 sets 20,20,15,10,10 reps (Kelly says you can add ankle weights which she did not do and I am prone to avoid that when hitting my low back)
Biceps
pledges alternating 20# 8 reps each side 2 sets, 17.5# 8 reps each side 3 sets
reverse curls lying on bench 4 sets of 10 reps then 1 set of 20 reps

Jolie, I am glad you are feeling better. Nice work on the weights today. Enjoy the football playoffs.

Belinda, I bet it was nice to get out and stroll in the sunshine. The sun is out here, but it is cold and the winds have been blowing.

I've been having a lot of problems with my feet and they just seem to hurt all the time. Both of my arches hurt and I have really bad callouses on the outer sides of both of my feet that burn by evening. So I seen a commercial for a place called Foot Works so I made an appointment and went there yesterday. They took a couple of digital pictures of my feet while I was standing to show where the pressure points are etc., pretty interesting stuff. So it turns out I DON'T have flat feet at all - I have high arches but they collapse when I walk. And the really odd thing is even though I had bunions removed from my left foot some years back, both my feet are identical and that is unheard of. I thought that was pretty cool, actually.

So they fitted me with a new pair of Brooks running shoes and different arch supports and OMG, the arches are right in the middle of my foot/arch now, not on the back inside part of the shoe. It feels so different and really good. I wore the Brooks shoes with the inserts all day and although my arches got really sore, my feet feel much better. I'm hoping this change will help with all the issues I have with my knees and hamstrings. Probably won't help everything, but maybe?

My neck and upper back is so tight today so I went into my workout room and did those stretches I was doing before. I feel pretty good now but I am so sick of this crap. I just want to feel good again, why can't that just happen?

Sorry, don't mean to be a whiner. I'm just getting really frustrated. Hope you all had a great weekend!! Nice job on your workouts!!!

I did RAW tabata barbell and DB this morning. I had forgotten about this gem of a workout. Controlled total body workout set up in tabata intervals. Then I did part of RAW foam rolling.

I felt pretty good this morning through my neck and upper back area, but I didn't want to chance it by lifting. I really want to do the Strength workouts Kelly has on RAW but I'm putting that off until I'm better with this problem. So I walked on my treadmill AGAIN and then I did neck stretches and a few other things on the list I've been doing.

I walked for 47 Minutes, burned 293 calories, went 2.31 miles and did 5589 steps. HR was 115/140.

Have great workouts everyone!

Good morning,

I did Lite Stacked UB. I wrote all the exercise on paper and played my own music. I also modified as need especially those push ups she did on her knees. I also did BARLATES Grace & Strength Arms. This one was high reps light weights.

I own a lot of KCM dvd's. I buy them, but never do them :( Which one has an upper body only with not a lot of equipments? Which one is your favorite upper body workout?

Debbie - so glad you made an appointment with the Foot Works. When I got my inserts they did digital images too. Took only a few seconds. I need to look into Brooks. If you run a lot you probably want to invest in a good running shoe every 6 month. Running shoes are like tires they wear out. Sorry to hear you still dealing with your neck and shoulder. Lifting isn't probably a good idea. Better listen to your body. I know it's tough. I been really good not doing any lower body workouts and let my knee heal.

Diane - the weather was perfect for a walk outside. Today it's in the 30's. No wonder everyone is getting sick.

BBL!

Debbie, I wore Brooks for a long time but the sole wears out really fast, at least it did a few years ago so I switched to New Balance and Saucony. However, Saucony's sore burns right off on the TM! It is always something! I bet you are going to feel so much better from the new shoes. What model did you buy?

Today I am feeling a lot better so I did Cathe Live , In the Ring and had a great workout. I used my 1 pound gloves and I was feeling the burn in the shoulders :). Workout was about an hour, I did some ABS at the end and I burned 492 calories. Average heart rate was 128 and max was 172. I didn't do the burpees, I did squats instead.

Doreen, nice job on the Tabata workout, I have never done that one.

Debbie, at least you got to walk on the TM and got to wear your new shoes!

Belinda, nice job on the Staked Upper Body workout today. I have so many Kelly dvd's as well but i am not sure about the names with the upper body workouts besides Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit. That one is all weights and i think there is a premix for Upper Body only with just DB's and a bench.

Diane Sue, BBL to read your post. I hope you have a great workout today.

I started to track my eating on My Fitness Pal so i can loose weight. I was surprised how much avocado calories are because those are my favorite thing to eat. I will post what i am eating today and it equals 1540 calories.

Coffee with Protein Powder in it
1 Egg
1 Slice of Toast

Veggie sushi Roll
Green Drink

Spinach Salad with nuts, goat cheese, green apple, dried cranberries with a Balsamic homemade dressing.

I have a few extra calories for a snack.

Julie - thank you. I pull that one out for this week. I also went to Totalfitnessdvds and looking through all the premixes. At least she has them written out.I like the idea of shorter upper body. Great job with your workout and MFP. I am on MFP too.

This morning I did Step Sync, 57 minutes, 302 calories, heart rate average 129, max 146, met 6.3, 5,917 steps. I then did Step Boss abs 2, 10 minutes, 41 calories, heart rate 121 average, 147 max, met 4.0, 96 steps. I finished with the Step Boss Extended Chair stretch, 15 minutes, heart rate average 96, average 131, 21 calories, 10 steps. Total time was 82 minutes, calories 364, 6,023 steps. I have been cleaning house and steps are 10,349 right now. That is great for me. Tomorrow is ladies game day so I may come back from there and do Kelly's 5 day strength chest and triceps. I have to leave early enough to find the house since we are doing it at someone different this time.

Debbie, that is great that you got a good fit with the shoes and new inserts. I think my arches are different on each foot. One seems high and one seems lower which makes one foot appear longer than the other. I am sorry that you are still dealing with your neck issue. I fully understand and you are not a whiner. I do PT exercises every day off and on during the day. I just do not usually put those down on my workouts. I try to get in plenty of stretching too. I would like to have more time for workouts and then a good long stretch, but that is really hard to do. I felt so good the next day after doing the stretch Kelly has in her 5 day strength program. It is 36 minutes long or I would add it on a lot more. I am going to do the strength workouts again this week. I will give a day between a couple of them to do just cardio and stretching.

Doreen, I have not done that one in quite awhile. Nice choice.

Belinda, Kelly's Build and Burn upper body, Split sessions workout #1, Body Shop has an upper body premix. I remember using that one when I had the torn miniscus, you can also break up Muscle definition and leave out lower body segments. I don't remember the premixes for that one or if there were any. I think there was though because I printed out the worksheets and there was a lot of pages that looked like they were separate mixes. Her new Strong and Lean has a no legs moves premix. I have only done this one once since I got it. It uses a barbell for one move, dumbbells for the next, and then tubing on each body part. I bet that push up segment on lite would be a hard one with being on the knees. I was thinking of Muscle Up too. One workout is all upper, the other does have lower in it, but there may be a mix to skip lower, or just skip it yourself. She does not go back and forth from one body part to another.

Jolie, I don't know why shoe companies are constantly changing their shoes. I used Saucony for quite a few years, I used Brooks a couple of times, but they just did not fit right. Then lately a favorite was a couple of pair of Adidas which were very comfortable for light work as they were flexible, but they do not stand up to lots of turns and heavy weight work. Now I am on my 4th pair of Reeboks. I specifically like the CrossFit Nanos, but I can never seem to find the # 5 model and in my size anymore. It is odd how they can fit just right one time and I try to buy the same shoe and suddenly it is very snug?? I have had my eye on Hokas. They look like they would be comfortable. Kind of an expensive shoe though.
I have used My Fitness Pal for years. I also have My Net Diary which I like. Did you know Fit Bit has a pretty good database if you log online for tracking. You can also add foods that are not there just like MFP. I just started messing with it. You can favorite foods that you use frequently.
I have to say your meals do not look like much food for how hard you work out to me. I hope it works well for you. I shouldn't talk, as I have been bad about eating enough calories lately and need to gain back some weight. Usually I am at least 10# heavier than I am now if not more. My appetite is up the last few days though. I think it is more stress eating than anything else though. I tend to do that and it gets me in trouble with junk food around. Also trying to monitor cholesterol and saturated fat intake has changed things for me. Even though I was not eating that much to begin with. Your salad sounds much like my favorite only no cheese in it. I usually go for spinach or kale for the greens. I just pasturized an egg for some salad dressing that has an egg in it and I will use almond oil. I love salads.

This morning I felt great, minimal tightness and no pain in my neck. I had to do a short workout because I had to be at work at the butt crack of dawn. So I chose Cardio Coach #1 doing Challenge 1 & 2. Hamstring was still giving me issues, but just tightness. It feels fine right now, I stretched it really good afterwards. I'm hoping these shoes and the inserts will begin to help that problem. My knees feel pretty good.

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 282 calories, went 2.09 miles and did 4391 steps. HR was 147/186.

So I'm getting ready for work, putting my face on and all of a sudden my left side upper back goes into a spasm and now I have a knot there!!! What in Gods name is going on? I wasn't doing anything. It hurts so bad I can't turn my head to the left. All this time it's been the right side, now this. I used my therapy ball after my early meeting to press it out and it has helped a bit. I will do that again at lunch. Ridiculous. I also took an Aleve. If I could swear on here I would. So sick of it. I'm starting to wonder if I have some sort of muscle disease? i just don't get it.

There I go complaining again, but I know most of you can relate.

I'll be back later for personals. Have a great workout everyone, and don't injure yourselves!! LOL!

• Wow

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.