Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2021

This morning I did RAW Weights 2. I like this workout and I worked hard with it. It is a fun workout and moves along really well. Full body workout.

This is what I did:

Each move was 45 seconds with a short maybe 10 second break. These were not done circuit style, each exercises was 2 sets in a row before you move on to the next exercise.

Squats: 15's - 2 sets
Plie Squats: 25# - 2 sets
Deadlift/Squats: 20's/15's - 2 sets

Dumbbell Press: 20's - 2 sets
Explosive Reverse Flies: 15's - 2 sets
Pullovers: 20# - 2 sets
Seated Supinated Hammer Curls: 15's - 1 set
W Curls: 15's - 1 set (moved to Supinated HC after about 4 reps because my elbow started to hurt)
Situps to Overhead Press: 8's - 2 sets
Leaning back w/Knees Up & Hammer Curls: 15's - 1 set (I did Hammer Curls only)
Russian Twist w/Knees Up: 15# - (I did not bring my knees up)

Alternate Front Lunges: 15's - 2 sets
Alternate Back Lunges: 15's - 2 sets
Alternate Side Lunges: 15# - 2 sets (I did curtsy lunges instead)

Tate Press: 8's - 2 sets
Seated Bent Over Lateral Raise, Thumbs Up: 8's - 2 sets
Seated Overhead Press to Triceps Extension: 8's - 2 sets

Floor Abs

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 225 calories (cool!), HR was 129/157. My Garmin definitely reads weight workouts, not sure why it's having issues with cardio? I'm using the Cardio setting for both types of workouts.

Doreen - My work requires us to use an online health platform for our insurance as well. Luckily both FB and Garmin are able to connect with the program. I sometimes think it isn't right that they make us jump through hoops to get a lower premium, but I sort of understand it as well. Awesome about the iFit workouts!

Belinda - If you have Dreena's "Let Them Eat Vegan" cookbook, check out page 84. The French Lentil Soup with Smoked Paprika - OMG is it good. It reminds me of split pea soup with ham. I can't find French Lentils here so I just bought Green Lentils and they worked out great. Try it one of these days.

Jolie - That sucks about your power being out. That is the worst. I'm so happy to hear you have a subscription to RAW. I think you will love the workouts. My favorites are the Box and Pump workouts, especially Box & Pump 2. Great music in that one. The two weight workouts I did today and Tuesday are really good weight workouts. I also like the 4 Day Split ones and the RAW Strength workouts, she has 4 days of those. Her kickboxing and boxing workouts are all fun. I really can't tell you a favorite out of all of them, but Box and Pumps are really fun. The R & R workouts are all fun, too.

Roselyn - You are moving right along with the STS workouts. Nice job!!

Cam - Yes, you can watch Cathe Live on smart TVs - any with Roku I believe. You have to search for the app on your TV and then download it I think. It's been so long I can't really remember. But I did all my Cathe Live workouts from my Roku TV.

Diane - I hope you are feeling better and the pain is subsiding.

Have a great day everyone!!

Cam- Debbie is right - you have to download the Cathe Live app on your TV or Roku and then link the device to your accout via a web browser.

Jolie- Enjoy RAW - I think you are right - the workouts seem easy but are effictive. She's so creative with some of her workouts - entire workouts for people working out with "limitations" or injuries.

Diane - I hope you will start to feel like the pain is subsiding soon.

I went to the gym last night with my daughter - we got her a membership for Christmas and she can take one guest. I did an iFit elliptical workout for 30 mintues and then a 15 minute rowing workout. I figure if I do different stuff at the gym than what I have at home it will be better. I liked the 2 iFIT workouts but couldn't quite hear because my headphones wouldn't connect to my phone so I had to turn on the closed captioning to see how to adjust the equipment for the intervals and pacing.

Hi everyone,

Today I did CL Slam Hit. I did all the high impact on my rebounder. Really enjoyed it.

Cam - I stream CL directly from my computer to my TV using a HDMI cable. I never downloaded an app to stream CL. Works out perfectly. I guess I could use the CL app. We have a lot of power outage lately

Debbie - I do not have that cookbook. I only know her from the FOK's site. I did get a few of her ebooks. If you looking for French lentils you probably will find them in your international section of your grocery store. I found them at Wegmanns at the healthy section/vegan. Now I see them anywhere, lol. The recipe sounds amazing. Do you still buy the actual cook books? I am trying to get away from buying the actual books.

Diane - how are you feeling? Hopefully you doing each day a little better. Paying for you.

BBL

Today I did Les Mills Combat 30 kickboxing using my 1-pound gloves and had a great short workout. Workout was 30 minutes and I burned 302 calories. My right shoulder is pulling a bit again, so the rest of the week there is NO rain forecasted so I will get some walking in outside even though it will be cold or do some step cardio.

Debbie, thanks for the workout ideas using the RAW workouts online. Nice job with the one you did today, I will try that one next week, but I will go lighter on the weights till this shoulder thing settles down.

Belinda, nice CL workout today! I use my rowing machine when the moves get too high impact and I still get a great workout.

Doreen, nice job at the gym and the cardio workouts sound great.

Cam, I just stream Cathe Live off my laptop and it works fine for me. My tv is too high in my gym room to see it when I am on the floor doing ABS ect so the laptop works great.

Diane Sue, I hope you are doing well today!

Make it a great day.

I got home a little later from work so I ripped opened Perfect HIIT and did a half and half premix but wanted to do it all so I added the other half and half premix and did one set of each drill. I liked it. I usually stream my own music, but didn't take time to do that. The music wasn't too bad. I am a music person so I like a good rockin' driving beat. I don't like the boring electronic music that everyone uses. It all sounds the same. Give me some Ozzy Crazy Train and it motivates me.

Belinda & Doreen,, I think I would either use a HDMI cable or Roku. I am thinking of trying CL. I have so many workouts but I may do the free trial.

Yvette Bachmann just announced her New Year special, $10 off her subscription price. She is offering a year for $59. That's a great price. I like her, but her cardio is kinda all the same. Not sure how much variety she offers. I wish she had a trailer.

I hope to enjoy a good 4 day weekend. My mom is being released from the hospital tomorrow morning. I hope to get shopping done and then get her organized in her room and home by mid afternoon. I want to get a good workout in. A snow storm is coming on Saturday afternoon.

Good workouts everyone!

No workout for me today, not feeling really great. I have a cough and sinus issues and I am overdosing on Vitamin C and Zinc. No fever and food tastes amazing so I doubt it's covid. I get this every now and again, I just hope it doesn't go on forever.

Great workout yesterday everyone!!! Have a great weekend and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy New Year. I am still dealing with pain. Hopefully pt Monday can provide some help. Some areas are better, but I am having issues with my upper back shoulder area. Hurts. I am doing exercises for the elbow I wrist and fingers several times a day. They keep the shoulder andbicep out of it though. Just a partial curl. Don't want to pull on where the biceps tendon was attached.

Today I got out and went for a 4.6 mile walk through the hills, 1 hour 28 minutes and burned 851 calories. I was freezing when I left and I had a bunch of layers on since it was 52 degrees, but by the time I got back I was hot! Heart rate was 134/184. Happy New Year's Eve to each of you and I hope we all have an amazing 2022!!! Let's all stay healthy and happy and kill it this year with everything we do.

Debbie, I hope you feel better soon. A nasty head cold is going around here so maybe it is just a cold.

Diane Sue, I hope the pain goes away soon! Take it easy. Have you tried an Infrared Light to bring down the inflammation and to help with the pain?

Cam, great job on the workout last night and i hope your mom is doing well! Our weather on the West Coast is finally easing up, we have had a lot of rain for this time of the year. The mountains around the area are all white with snow! I might sign up for Yvette's website but there are so many free ones on YouTube I am not sure what I will do. My favorite workouts are the step with weights and core. They truly kick my butt!!!

Roselyn and Belinda, I hope you have a great workout today.

Happy New Year's Eve.

Happy New Years Eve everyone,

I did SBF D26 TB tabata and went for a long walk. It was almost 56's outside.

Diane - sorry you are still dealing with pain. Hope it goes away soon. Continue to pray for you. Happy New Year!

Debbie - sorry you are feeling under the weather. Hopefully with lots of rest you feel better

Cam - give CL a a try. I'll bet you love it. Like you I have have so may workouts. I am sure I will sign up for CL soon. Glad you mom is getting released from the hospital today. Praying for her! I know you must be busy.

Jolie- great job on your walk today. It's in the 50's here too. Perfect for going for a walk outside.

Roselyn and Doreen - great job on our workouts.

Happy New year everyone!

I couldn't decide what type of workout to do, so I picked Afterburn. I got my mom settled and the oxygen guy came. My mom is so out of it. She needs sleep.

Jolie, good workout and calorie burn. I wish it were 50's here.

Debbie, hope you feel better soon.

Diane, hang in there. I hope PT helps with the pain.

Belinda, what is SBF? 56, am jealous of yours and Jolie's temps. Right now we hzve freezing rain.

I discovered a new YT instructor, Juliette Wooten. Her workouts look good. Have any of you tried her workouts?

Happy New Year's!

Hi Ladies, I did After Burn today, I felt like I needed some tricep work so I did muscle melt down triceps from ICE then Icy core 1.After Burn is a tough one, I have 11 workouts logged this month, hoping to beat November at 22 (workouts) December was 17 (workouts) I ordered some new ones, so I’m excited to get them. I have been doing Cathes videos since 1996-8 ish, I find other instructors dull. I’m open to sharing feed back about workout, I live in the woods in North Florida

This morning I did RAW Weights 2. I like this workout and I worked hard with it. It is a fun workout and moves along really well. Full body workout.

This is what I did:

Each move was 45 seconds with a short maybe 10 second break. These were not done circuit style, each exercises was 2 sets in a row before you move on to the next exercise.

Squats: 15's - 2 sets
Plie Squats: 25# - 2 sets
Deadlift/Squats: 20's/15's - 2 sets

Dumbbell Press: 20's - 2 sets
Explosive Reverse Flies: 15's - 2 sets
Pullovers: 20# - 2 sets
Seated Supinated Hammer Curls: 15's - 1 set
W Curls: 15's - 1 set (moved to Supinated HC after about 4 reps because my elbow started to hurt)
Situps to Overhead Press: 8's - 2 sets
Leaning back w/Knees Up & Hammer Curls: 15's - 1 set (I did Hammer Curls only)
Russian Twist w/Knees Up: 15# - (I did not bring my knees up)

Alternate Front Lunges: 15's - 2 sets
Alternate Back Lunges: 15's - 2 sets
Alternate Side Lunges: 15# - 2 sets (I did curtsy lunges instead)

Tate Press: 8's - 2 sets
Seated Bent Over Lateral Raise, Thumbs Up: 8's - 2 sets
Seated Overhead Press to Triceps Extension: 8's - 2 sets

Floor Abs

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 225 calories (cool!), HR was 129/157. My Garmin definitely reads weight workouts, not sure why it's having issues with cardio? I'm using the Cardio setting for both types of workouts.

Doreen - My work requires us to use an online health platform for our insurance as well. Luckily both FB and Garmin are able to connect with the program. I sometimes think it isn't right that they make us jump through hoops to get a lower premium, but I sort of understand it as well. Awesome about the iFit workouts!

Belinda - If you have Dreena's "Let Them Eat Vegan" cookbook, check out page 84. The French Lentil Soup with Smoked Paprika - OMG is it good. It reminds me of split pea soup with ham. I can't find French Lentils here so I just bought Green Lentils and they worked out great. Try it one of these days.

Jolie - That sucks about your power being out. That is the worst. I'm so happy to hear you have a subscription to RAW. I think you will love the workouts. My favorites are the Box and Pump workouts, especially Box & Pump 2. Great music in that one. The two weight workouts I did today and Tuesday are really good weight workouts. I also like the 4 Day Split ones and the RAW Strength workouts, she has 4 days of those. Her kickboxing and boxing workouts are all fun. I really can't tell you a favorite out of all of them, but Box and Pumps are really fun. The R & R workouts are all fun, too.

Roselyn - You are moving right along with the STS workouts. Nice job!!

Cam - Yes, you can watch Cathe Live on smart TVs - any with Roku I believe. You have to search for the app on your TV and then download it I think. It's been so long I can't really remember. But I did all my Cathe Live workouts from my Roku TV.

Diane - I hope you are feeling better and the pain is subsiding.

Have a great day everyone!!
Wow, that’s a great work out, I wish I could do that kind of weight

Hey Monica, post on the January thread. This is December. What ones did you order?
Hi, I really haven’t figured out the forum yet, or I would have responded to you. I just got xtrain all out low impact hiit and flex train. Last month I bought ICE bundle and LITE bundle. It has been refreshing having something new to look forward to. My go to is always Maximum Intensity Strength or Power Hour, Push Pull or Super Sets if I’m short on time. Any tips on navigating this forum are welcome.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.