Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2021

Doreen, that would be upsetting having the harness break. I am glad your dog came back. My other dog used to take off and i learned she would come back when i was no longer chasing her or she couldn't see me. Gertie gets excited when other animals are in sight. i guess hunting instinct.

Cam, that would be so sad if your mother cannot be with you for Christmas. I get tired of all of these rules and decisions being made for us. I will pray your mother gets to spend Christmas with family.

Belinda, nice work with Body Fit by Amy. I guess that is one of the nice things for these online instructors, that they can do the workouts when they want to. I know CDorner takes time off once in awhile and will just post something pre-recorded. She usually lets everyone know when there is a change in schedule.

Cam - we were told he is a Lab mix - but not sure what the mix is.... at 10 months he is now 60 pounds - not really that big- just solid!

Reactions: WD
Good evening,

We took a walk outside today. It was very cold.

Tomorrow we drop off DS at the Airport. I will be back tomorrow.

Diane - it's all good. I can't complain if the workouts are free. She may had some problems uploading the workouts? It worked all out. They do have a family too.

Great job, everyone.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night

This morning I did Caroline Girvins 20 Minute Shoulder Workout w/Dumbbells. I hope she does this one body part all week, I loved this workout. It was fast and I had time to do some cardio.

40 seconds of work, 20 seconds rest except for the first exercise which was 30/30

Warmed up with GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps

Shoulder Presses: 15's - 3 sets
(first time I've used 15's in an eternity)

Rear Delt Flyes: 10's - 2 sets
Rear Delt Partials: 10's - 2 sets

Lateral Raise w/Pause: 8's - 2 sets
Lateral Raise Partials: 8's - 2 sets

Arc Raises: 5's - 2 sets (love these)
Face Pulls: 8's/10's - 2 sets (weird exercise)
Diagonal Raises: 8's - 2 sets
Partial Press w/ 1 full press half way: 10's

FINISHER
Around The World:
5's - 1 minute

Killer workout, loved it. Workout was 28 minutes, burned 83 calories (woopie), HR was 85/127.

Then I got on my treadmill and did a walk/jog for 15 minutes, burned 111 calories, went .88 miles, did 1957 steps and HR was120/152.

Good job with your workouts this weekend everyone. No time for personals, gotta get to work.

Have a great day!!!

Today I did Cathe Live workout #351 Intense Upper Body and I had a great workout. I did not write down the workout, all of Cathe live workouts are similar just in a different sequence so no need to bore you. Workout was 54 minutes, there is no core or ABS in this workout, and I burned 347 calories. This workout was using heavier weights with lower reps but since I went a weight down from Cathe, I did more reps.

Debbie, the workout you did today looks great. I would love a 20 minute, workout for each body part so I could get cardio in each day after weights. I will try this workout soon. Nice job with the weights, especially the Shoulder Press. I however can lift heavy for should press, always have been able to even when I am weak.

Roselyn, great job with STS yesterday.

Doreen, 60 pounds is a big dog. Mine is 17 pounds and can pull me off my bike if he wants to, that is when I use a choker chain and he just behaves because when you use the harness, they can use all of their power and just pull you any way they want to go.

Nice workouts over the weekend, I just walked with my husband yesterday, nothing big.

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

I did Strong and Lean this morning - all of the weights and then about 20 minutes of the boxing. I really like this boxing because it has some fun footwork in it. Can't wait for her new ones to arrive - hopefully I'll have some extra time around the holidays!

We hiked around yesterday to cut down our Christmas tree. No snow yet so it was easy to get around and then carry the tree out. My daughter and I did it - first year without my son helping. The puppy got to run around and sniff out the woods. When he isn't distracted by other dogs and deer he does a good job staying close to us. I've started training him with the e-collar. I'm going to start using it on all our walks in case he breaks free again.

Hi everyone,

I just got my workouts in. We dropped off DS at the airpot this afternoon. When we got home, DH and I went for a walk outside. I also did SBF D1 of the Christmas Challenge (Intermediate/Advanced) LB Barre 3 = 37 min. Than I did Fit by Amy D7 30 Minute Dumbbell Full Body Core HIIT. I like her workouts, she always shows modifications.

Sorry I have no time for personals. I will try to catch up tomorrow. I am tired.

This morning I did Caroline's 20 Minute Dumbbell Leg Workout and had a great workout. I like these short workouts a lot. They are intense and then I can do a cardio workout afterwards.

40 seconds on/20 second rest
Squat w/Pause at the Bottom: 20's
Squats: 20's
1.5 Squats: 20's

50 seconds on/10 second rest
1/2 Rep Staggered Squat: 15# each side
1.5 Staggered Squat: 15# each side
Full Staggered Squat: 15# each side

40 seconds on/20 seconds rest
Deadlifts w/Pause at Bottom: 20's
1.5 Rep Deadlifts: 20's
Full Range Deadlifts: 20's

50 seconds on/10 seconds rest
1/2 Rep Staggered Squats: 15# each side
1.5 Rep Staggered Squats: 15# each side
Full Range Staggered Squats: 15# each side
Staggered Deads to Staggered Squat: 15# each side

Finisher:
Deads to Squats x1 Dumbbell: 20# - 60 seconds
Deads to Squats Bodyweight - 30 seconds

This was really fun and went by so fast. I sure hope she puts Chest, Biceps and Triceps out there soon. There is an ab/core one I want to try but 20 minutes of abs is scary for me.

Workout was 30 minutes (I did a warmup from Kelly), burned all of 87 calories, HR was 91/132.

Then I got on my Max Trainer and did another killer workout. This one was called Max 10 Peak Burn and it about killed me.

Workout was 14 minutes, burned 55 calories (MT said 109), did .37 miles and went 985 steps. HR was 89/112. My HR was up there, not sure why my watch can't seem to get my HR on these workouts. So frustrating.

Jolie - Great job with your CL workout yesterday. I'm sort of missing Cathe's workouts. You would love these shorter Caroline workouts, they are really cool. My kind of workout.

Great job with your rworkouts everyone. Diane, I hope you are doing ok. Been thinking about you.

Have a great day everyone!!

I did FitSplit Mixed Impact cardio and pull day today. I only did about 15 mintues of the cardio to leave time for the weights. I didn't realize until I did this how much I still enjoy Cathe's workouts - especially after a long break.

I tried a new instructor on Youtube, that I think Cam suggested, and it was by RC Fitness and it was awesome!!! It was called 30 minutes Low Impact Cardio Kick/No jumping and I loved her and the workout itself. Not a lot of talking and basic moves but really effective, I used my 1# gloves and it made it great for the upper body work. Workout was 30 minutes and I burned 333 calories; it has a nice stretch at the end too. I will be checking out more of her workouts for my cardio days when it is raining, like today, or just too cold to go outside for my walks.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. I bet that is a great workout, I love these shorter workouts and then do something else to burn some calories. Nice job on the cardio but I doubt that was your real calorie burn, I bet it was well over 100 calories burned. However, you should get a nice after burn calorie burn due to getting your heartrate up good.

Doreen, nice job on the workout today. I thought my dog was getting old and just couldn't walk fast or far anymore, I took off his harness yesterday and he ran the entire walk! He hates his harness I got about 8 months ago, it must be constricting or something. Not bad for a dog turning 15 next month! BTW, I am loving Cathe's workouts again, I just have to go lighter weights and modify some but at least she doesn't get on my nerves like other instructors.

Belinda, nice workout yesterday.

Cam, I hope you have a great workout today. I think you are the one that suggested trying RC Fitness? If so, thanks, I loved the workout!

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today.

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better. When is your Ortho appointment?

Have a glorious day!

I did nothing yesterday. I was in a lot of pain the last two days and did not sleep because my shoulder felt like muscles were moving around and it hurt. It did the same thing all day yesterday. Last night though I took Advil and went to bed and slept and it feels better today. Drying and Fixing my hair and trying to put on eye make up without using the right arm is impossible. I do everything I can to keep that shoulder down. So, I dry my hair most of the way upside down (head down). I tried mascara left hand today and between that and eyeliner I poked myself in the eye several times and made a mess. I could leave it off, at least sitting at home. Today, I wanted to get my legs stretched out so I did 10 minutes of CDorner high/low workout just to warm up and it was low impact for that part anyway and kept the arm out of it. Then I did The new stretch on Raw and stopped at 18 minutes when she was down on the floor for some shoulder stretch from kneeling. That is it, but it loosened up my legs and hips as she holds the stretches for 2 minutes. I had already done my usual morning neck stretches.
Tomorrow morning I see the Orthopedic doctor. I hope all goes well there and I get help. Typing hurts after a few minutes so that is why I have not responded much.

Hi,

I did SBF D2 Arms and Upper Body + Advanced Upper Body Core = 22 min. I also did Amy's 35 Minute Cardio Core Pyramid Workout for Strength, Cardio & Core. This one was very fun. Loved it.

Diane - I hope you get some answers tomorrow. Good luck.

Jolie - great job today.

Roselyn - nicely done with STS Legs.

Doreen - that is one tough workout. Great job. I feel the same way when I take a break from Cathe.

Debbie - looking at Caroline's short workout, now I want to do them too. I will do them after I am done with Amy's workouts. I do enjoy them. Amazing job!

Good night.

Tonight I did Penny Barnshaw 45 min Get Strong No Repeat/No Jumping with Weights. I liked this one. Another good total body workout. I worked up a pretty good sweat. Just what I needed today. I can finally do about 15 half pushups on my knees. Sounds lame, but I haven't been able to do a pushup in over a year. I'm getting there, slowly. The nerve in my left arm just hasn't fully come back to life yet. Frustrating. At least I don't have pain.

Doreen, I really like the Fit Split workouts, except the kickboxing one. I don't like boxing w.o.'s. The Legs & Glutes is a killer. I need to do the push pull workouts soon. I can't remember those.

Jolie, glad you liked RC Fitness. They have a definite fun factor to their cardio sets.

Debbie, good workout! I see she is doing short workouts. I may try a couple of them soon.

Diane, good luck at the doc! Sending good vibes your way.

Belinda & Roselyn good workouts today!

Goodnight!

This morning I wanted to do the next workout by Caroline, but it included shoulders which I just worked. So I decided to try the new RAW Circuit workout and it was ok, I wish it had one more circuit round but for days when you need a shorter workout, this one is good.

Each circuit included a boxing round, a weights round, a leg round using the step bench and a plank/ab round. Kelly had six risers but I only used 4 on each side. She regretted using 6, too, it was funny.

Each circuit was 50 seconds on/10 off working one side at a time with the weight section

Circuit 1
Boxing:
3# weights
Dumbbell Curl to Arnold Press: 10# (one side at a time)
Leg Press on Step
Planks with knee in and back

Circuit 2
Boxing:
3# weights
Peck Deck/Kickbacks: 10# (did one side at a time, didn't like this)
Squat Leg Out on Step (this burned)
Planks raising arms alternatively

Circuit 3
Boxing:
3# weights
Side Lunge to Lawn Mower: 10# (did one side at a time)
Straddle Step Ups
Abs on step
(using dumbbells on the step, you sit donw and then try to hold yourself up on the dumbbells. Yea, no. Didn't happen. I did V-ups)

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 109 calories and HR was 93/128.

Then I got on my treadmill and walked for 20 minutes, burned 120 calories, went 1.0 mile and did 2412 steps. HR was 111/128.

I actually was looking for Box & Pump 2 - the one with the 80's music on RAW. Could not find it anywhere and I was so bummed. I looked through each cardio/weight workout and then looked through all the workouts together. I was wasting so much time trying to find it that I gave up. I hope she didn't delete thos workouts, they are my favorites. I only saw one Box & Pump out there and it was #5 I think. Really bummed I couldn't do that.

Doreen - I think we will all always love Cathe's workouts. I'm itching to do the Gym Style workouts and may in a couple weeks. Maybe when I'm on Christmas break. I love those workouts and I do love most of Cathe's workouts. I just find that I injure myself every time I decide to do her again. Could be a coincidence, I suppose. Nice job with your workout!

Jolie - You peaked my interest with the workout you did yesterday. I will definitely try it soon. I wrote it down so I don't lose it. Nice workout!

Roselyn - Are you starting STS or just doing sporadic workouts? Loved that series.

Diane - Looking foward to hearing what the doctor tells you today. My fingers are crossed that you don't need surgery, but with the pain you are experiencing, I'm not sure that will happen. Good luck to you, I'll be thinking of you.

Cam - Great workout yesterday, especially the pushups!! You will get there, it just takes patience! Yes, I love the shorter ones so you can add in cardio each day. I need to find more like that.

Belinda - Hope you have a great workout today!

Have a great one everyone!

This morning I did Rockout Knockout - I did the 2 cardio sections and then took the dog for a short walk. I'm really out of shape for Cathe's cardio!! I modified a lot of the jumping jacks and jumping but still had fun.

I am back from the orthopedic doctor. My son in law took me and when I came out, bless his heart, he had a cup of Black Rifle coffee waiting for me :) My option was to have another injection and try physical therapy that did not work before or surgery. So, I am getting the surgery. I do not want to prolong the pain. He said 6 to 9 months for complete healing from the surgery. I will have to wear some apparatus for 6 weeks post surgery. I may be doing some PT. He said it will get rid of the pain caused by the tear, but not the pain that is from the arthritis that is there. There is arthritis on the top of the shoulder and in front.
I have to wait now for the lady that schedules the surgeries to call as she is not in today. They gave me the pre op instructions. They also took some x rays as well today. Pretty quick and efficient. I had to finish filling out paperwork after the appointment. I cannot believe there was so much and I asked if I had to fill all of it out as I had done some of that on the website. They had me do it anyway. Shoulder is hurting worse. after him having me move it around and putting pressure on it. Then the x ray.

Debbie, I will have to look and see if I can find the Box and Pump workout. I do like those.

Hi everyone,

I did Amy's D935 Minute Full Body Shred with Weights Workout plus SBF D3 Mat Pilates for Lower + Lower Body Band Target =v27 min before I went to IKEA today.

Diane - glad you finally have some answers. Sorry you have to go through surgery. I wish you all the best and rest up. It will be over before you know it. Thinking of you.

BBL.

Diane - Sorry to hear that you will have to do surgery but praying it all goes smoothly and you can be rid of the pain from the tear. Hoping you can get scheduled quickly to not prolong the process any more than necessary!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.