Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2019

Good morning,

Workout is done. My friend came over early, glad she did. Have lots to do today. Anyway, workout for today was CL #192 Adv. Step Choreography. What a fun step workout. I will buy this one. Loved it! Now I am looking forward to Cathe's new step workouts. I will miss the Live workouts, but at the same time I miss my dvd's.

That's it for me today. Have a great weekend everyone. I still need to get a stretch in.

Reactions: WD
Todays workout was 60 minute TM workout, alternating 1 minute at 3.3 speed at an 6.5 incline to a 1 minute at 3.2 speed at a 9.0 incline. I repeated this sequence for the entire 60 minutes and had a great workout, it went by really fast. Average heart rate was 144 and max was 178. I burned 660 calories and feel great! I listened to 80's New Wave music on YouTube and had the best time.

Belinda, great job on the Step workout today with your friend. I bet you are going to love the new DVD set, they look amazing. I might have to try them on On Demand.

Have a nice day and I will BBL to read your posts. Happy workouts!

Today I did a short workout. I did Kelly Coffey Trim Down workout 1 24 minutes, 132 calories, heart rate average 135, max 152, 1,554 steps using 8# dumbbells. I then did Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga knees and hips, 22 minutes, 36 calories. Total time 46 minutes, 168 calories. I just am so tired from lack of sleep and coughing. I sure hope that steroid kicks in soon. I wrapped Christmas presents this afternoon.

Roxie, I am glad to hear that your husband is doing well after the appendectomy. I am sure you could use some rest too.

Belinda, you are making me want to get CL again. I am looking forward to the new Step Boss workouts. The preview of the step cardio looks fun.

Jolie, nice work on your treadmill workout.

Good morning,

SBF D21 Stretch 4 is done. I needed that stretch.

Roxie - glad all went well and your husband is home. Take good care of yourself.

Diane - I really like the looks for Step Boss workouts too. I am looking forward to the new workouts too.
I have so many KCM dvd's, they just sitting around collecting dust. One of those day's I have to work myself through them. So many workouts and so little time.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone. See you all tomorrow.

Good Mornin,

so I had an emotIona break down this morning everything from the last couple of days hit like a ton of bricks and I haven’t gott much slee.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Sorry I haven't done personals, just been really busy at home and at work. I decorated for Christmas today and cleaned my house. Now I'm going to get dinner ready and my DH and I will watch a movie called "Ready or Not". It looks freaky!!

I can't workout tomorrow because I have to be to work really early tomorrow. :( I can finally workout and I won't have time. I should have done something today, but again, no time.

I've read all of your posts, you are all getting some good workouts in!! Diane - I hope you feel better soon, you always get that cough really bad each year. Hopefully your meds will kick in soon. I hope I don't get it this year.

Take care everyone!!!

This morning I did Jessica Smith Build Balance and Flexibility: balance and agility that uses a band, 29 minutes, 116 calories, 1,050 steps, heart rate average 116, Max 155. I wanted to do something because the next two mornings I have to be out of the house early. I am doing a heart CT at 9 tomorrow morning. Tuesday is my ladies game day Christmas get together. I don't want to miss that and I am hoping to stop and vote against more money being blown. I want to do that before I go to the get together which is at 9. I really need to do some good cleaning around here.

Belinda, Kelly has all of her 30 minutes to Fitness workouts on her Raw channel now. I have almost all of them though.

Roxie, hang in there. Things can get overwhelming at times.

Debbie, I am glad you are doing well now. Another day wont hurt, but I know how you feel.

Roxie - Wow - scary! Sending hugs your way and prayers for a speedy recovery for your husband!

Yesterday we went to get out Christmas tree. We cut one down from the National Forest. They sell permits to cut every year. We took our son's girlfriend this year. She wasn't impressed with traipsing through the snow and woods. Ha Ha! The one we cut was really far from the car so quite the drag. I think it was about 12 ft high.

This morning was CL 55 - Low Impact Cardio with weights and step. The description online doesn't seem quite right since it says 80s style cardio with blasts but this was solid steady state no choreography step moves (Like in Athletic Conditioning)

Good morning,

Today we did CL #243 In the Ring. I liked the workout except all the "wooing":rolleyes:

Roxie - (((HUGS))) hang in there.

Diane - eventually I will sign up for KCM site especially since she has all her dvd's on her channel.

I will be back later.

Today I started with a Treadmill workout, 40 minutes, 1 minute at 9.0 incline at 3.2 speed then 1 minute at 6.5 incline at the same speed. I alternated this for the entire 40 minutes, traveled 2.15 miles and burned 402 calories. Then I did Powerstrike 6 by Illaria, punches and kicks only, no combos and burned an additional 200 calories and ended with ABS and a stretch. All in all I burned 648 calories. Wow am I stiff, I have to take the time to stretch more often. Average heart rate was 128 and max was 170.

Debbie,
sorry that you couldn't workout out today, but I bet your house looks beautiful decorated for Christmas. Tomorrow is another day so enjoy your rest day.

Roxie
, hang in there, everything will work out and you will feel great! I hope your husbands recovery goes well and he is up and about soon.

Belinda, nice job on the kickboxing this morning, funny, I felt like doing it too!

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better today. I don't want to get sick like I did last year, that was the worst sickness I have ever had in my life. Is your house all decorated for Christmas? I made a healthy turkey chili yesterday, it came out great. I put green onions and cilantro with sour cream and jalapenos on top and it really gave it some kick!

Doreen, nice CL workout today. Wow, you sure got yourself a big Christmas tree! You must have really high ceilings.

BBL to read your posts. I may not workout tomorrow because i have an early doctors appointment and i dont know if i will have time.

Have a nice day!

Today was an off day for me. Feeling frustrated with working so hard on healthy and getting all of this negative stuff going on. So, I got my Heart CT scan this morning and texted the results to the heart doctor since he asked after I said I did it. Now he wants to do a stress test and carotid ultrasound. I am not happy. Anyway, I finally decided to get up and do something rather than mope and did Coffey Fit Raw Real Raw Box & Pump 2 (Fun Music that one can sing to ) This is 39 minutes(47 me for writing it down), 225 calories, met 5.4, 2,420 steps, heart rate average 125, max 186. I then did Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Neck & Shoulder flow adding one extra stretch, 21 minutes, met 2.0, 36 calories, 61 steps, heart rate average 91, max 119.
Total time 68 minutes, 261 calories, 2,481 steps

Box & Pump 2 (upper focus) 15 and 8# dumbbells Kelly set 10's on the side for just in case and I used them once
warm up
boxing-punch/upper cut/ adding side punch and knee
weights- bend and row 15 dbs 16 reps
alternating rows 8 dbs ending with run rows
Boxing- bob & weave/speed bag forward/ hook back (add in a skip back with speed bag) finish with squat speed bag
weights- overhead press 15# dbs (10 me) 16 reps
connected front/side/down 8# dbs
Boxing- hook/block/punch/knee
waistline hooks/upper cuts/switch sides and repeat
weights-overhead triceps extensions 15# db
run kickbacks 8# dbs
Boxing final- jab/elbow/squat/knee/squat jack
weights floor-chest flies 15# dbs
pump press wide 8# dbs
Overhead press/knee pulls both with a shoulder lift off floor 8# dbs
Biceps- curls 15# dbs 16 reps
run curls 8# dbs
stretch

Debbie, I hope things slow down a bit for you and that your day went well.

Doreen, I bet cutting the tree yourself was fun. Doing family things like that brings good memories. LOL on your son's girlfriend not enjoying it so much. Too bad really.

Belinda, I haven't hear woo woo's in a workout in a long time:p Maybe you should have joined the Ha,ha

Jolie, nice work today and great calorie burn. I am coughing more today than the last two. Luckily I made it through the CT scan without coughing. It was short and I had a cough drop in my mouth :) I want to make some more chicken curry soup and I think I should have purchased fresh tomatoes today. Maybe I will pick them up after ladies game day tomorrow. Yes, my home is all decorated. I did it early so it would be done when everyone came here for Thanksgiving. I am almost ready for Christmas. I need to find something for my husband and get gift cards yet for the card exchange game at my daughter's house.

Hello everyone, I have a few minutes to do personals. Looking forward to doing a RAW workout tomorrow and depending on how I do, maybe a short workout on my Max Trainer. Fingers Crossed.

Roxie - I'm glad to hear your DH is recovering, that is scary! I hope he feels better and is back to normal soon!

Doreen - Our Christmas Tree is on wheels! LOL! We got a fiber optic one years ago and my husband put it on wheels so we just wheel it from a back room to the living room each year. We used to get fresh trees but I'm over that. Love my fiber optic tree. LOL on the girlfriend!!

Belinda - There's wooing on In the Ring? I love that workout and honestly, don't remember hearing that? I'll have to do it soon to see if I hear it. LOL!! Great job with that workout, its fun.

Jolie - Great job with your workout today, you did quite a bit! I'm looking forward to working out tomorrow.

Diane - So did you ever get the results to the heart test you did a few weeks back? Is it this CT Scan you just sent to your doctor? I wonder why they want to do more testing, I wish they'd tell you. I swear they do all these tests for no reason because they can. It's all about the money. I'd ask them what they suspect is wrong, and then go from there. I'm sure you are fine. I may do that Box & Pump 2 tomorrow. I'll go light with the weights. Things should slow down for me now. I'm good til about the end of February.

Have a great evening!!

This Thursday is 3 weeks since hip surgery I see my surgeon Friday

Just doing STS upper body worouts, I still do not understand the 1 rep max I get confused can anyone explain in terms i might understand :)

I went out and did my voting this morning and am going to ladies game day and Christmas gift exchange. No workout, but I will probably come back and get in some stretching and yoga.

Debbie, a few months ago it was an heart ultrasound. He wanted me to do the Heart CT and text him. I got caught up in the PT stuff and my neck issues and put it off. The results were not real positive. It showed some plaque in one of my arteries. My daughter scared me because she said that is the artery that so many people seem healthy and just suddenly die from a heart attack. Anyway, these are not completely definitive so he wants to explore more and do a carotid ultrasound and a stress test. I do not quite understand the scores, but the lab tech did not seem like it was terribly bad. I am getting tired of all of these doctor things. It seems like as soon as you hit medicare age they all want to start messing with you. At this point I wish I didn't do the Heart Smart test at my doctors office. What is up with the heart thing anyway. I eat carefully. Family jokes about me and my eating "sticks and twigs" and "rabbit food" :(

Roselyn, I hope things go well at your surgeon visit. I only remember trying the one rep max once and it never made a lot of sense to me. I always thought it was to see how heavy you can go to get one rep. Although I found myself really straining to get that 1 rep max and I don't think that is what we are supposed to do.

#55 80s style cardio with Low Impact Blasts this morning for 45 minutes. This was a fun, floor cardio workout kind of like LITE Cardio party (less kickboxing). It was fun and I got a ton of steps!

No workout today, I have an early doctors appointment and then try to get some Christmas presents so I can calm down about it and relax. I just found out that my son's Nevada Football team got selected to play in the Idaho Bowl on Dec 3rd, it think that is the date, the coaches just told them they get to come home for Christmas for 3 days!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy and so is Jack. That is the problem with having a good team, your season just gets longer and there is less down time or family time.

I will BBL to read your posts. I hope you all have fantastic workouts. My left hip flexor is killing me from the kicks yesterday. That is the problem with kickboxing for me, instantly the hip flexor and IT get tight and it is really painful especially while sleeping and bending down. I will try to stretch it later today.

Enjoy your day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.