Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2021

Today I did RAW Weights Circuit #1 and had a really good workout. This one has a lot of exercises but she moves from one to the next non-stop. I had to pause here and there to get my weights set up.

30 seconds each exercise, 10 seconds rest5

Dumbbell Flies: 15's
Skull Crushers: 8's
Pledges: 12's
Alternate Overhead Press: 10's
Alternate One Arm Row: 25#
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's
Deadlifts: 25# barbell
Plie Squats: 25# dumbbell
Dumbbell Flies: 20's
Skull Crushers: 8's
Pledges: 15's
Lateral Raise: 8's
Deadlifts: 25# barbell
Plie Squats: 25#
Dumbbell Chest Press: 20's
Tate Press: 12's (I don't like these, they hurt my elbows so I did Close Grip Bench Press)
Hammer Curls: 15's
Alternate Overhead Press: 12's
Barbell Row: 25#
Kickstand Deadlifts: 25# barbell
Plie Squats: 25#
Dumbbell Chest Press: 20's
Tate Press: 12's (I did Close Grip Bench Press)
Alternate Lateral Raise: 8's
Kickstand Deadlifts: 25# barbell
Barbell Squats: 25#
Chest Flies: 20's

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 92 calories (unreal), did 952 steps and HR wad 86/125.

Then I walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes, burned 84 calories, went .75 miles, did 1776 steps and HR was 105/124.

Belinda - My knees were good today, not sure what that was all about yesterday. Glad you had fun in DC!

Jolie - I agree, I think I need to get some good, comfy shoes. That has been my goal for years, I can't seem to find comfortable dressy shoes anywhere. Sketchers are ok, but finding the right size anymore is a challenge. Sick of my feet hurting all the time. I think standing is better as well.

Diane - Sorry you were in such pain over the weekend, that is not good. We just want to keep doing what we've always done with lifting and working out and it's coming to a point where we need to know our boundaries I guess. I'm the same way. I'm waiting to pay for what I did this morning with lifting. Every time I start going heavy again, I hurt myself. I find it very frustrating and wish we could just workout like we always did. I was worried about doing the snatch exercise as well. I kept it light and did ok with it. I don't know how Kelly does all that so heavy, I think she used a 20# dumbbell for that!!! I hope you are feeling better.

Have a great day everyone! Gotta get back to work.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Yvette Bachman, Step Cardio with Weight Workout and had a blast. This workout used 2 risers, which is low for me since I am tall but I used them to be safe, and it is low impact step move with weights in between. Not a lot of weights, Yvette used 15# DBs and I used 10# DBs to play it safe. I did a few extra weight exercises at the end since this is move geared toward cardio. My legs will be like noodles this afternoon, I haven't done a step workout in a long time. Since Diane and Debbie have been doing them, I wanted to get on the ban wagon too! Workout was 50 minutes for her workout and I added an additional 10 minutes of weights at the end. Total calorie burn was 563 calories. I was dripping wet by the end, it is hot and humid again today. Heart rate was 133/168. I really like Yvette's workouts, I will start doing them again but will have to keep every exercise low impact.

Debbie, amazing workout today, that one looks great! Since the world is so casual now, can you wear some sort of running shoe to work? I used to wear sneakers when in the office and if I had to see a customer I would put on nice dress shoes or boots. My right knee is a little sore today since I got my new running shoes, probably puts my foot in a different position since all shoes are not equal. I have some Valtarin cream that I will put on it after the shower and see how that works.

Belinda, way to go with the 3 miles and good luck at your PT appointment today.

Roselyn, nice getting Chest out of the way, I hate working Chest and Back!

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better today. It seems that we are all hurting at the same time and I know that we are all sick of it too! Have a good workout today if you are up for it.

BBL to read the posts for the day. Chris Cuomo just resigned in NY!!!!!!!!!! Thank God, now we need to get his brother off the air too! Fake News!

No workout today. I will get one in tomorrow though. Sometime I need to get to a grocery store to prepare for Sunday. I stopped at TJMaxx on the way home. Funny I felt so tired, but laid back in the recliner when I got home and my mind was all over the place. Could not relax enough to doze. Maybe bed earlier tonight. I had fun at ladies game day today. Only 8 of us though. For different reasons some could not come and one had a stomach virus. She went to get tested even though she had covid before and it came back negative thankfully. So, a bit smaller group. Praying for one that is 90 as she just moved to assisted living, now stuck wearing a mask again and was exposed to covid when visiting her sister who afterward tested positive along with her husband so of course she did not come. I just worry about these women that are older and health issues. I am feeling good today other than the fact my allergies are crazy and I took some cough gels, and like everything that says non-drowsy they make me groggy anyway.

Belinda, great job on the 3 mile walk this morning. I hope that PT went well.

Debbie, great workout. I know how you feel. Sometimes I can breeze through a strength workout and am fine and other times it hits me like a steam roller and I am back out of it for awhile. I keep thinking maybe a little at a time. Once in awhile I take those workouts and if they are repeated rounds I just do one or two to get some weights in. I like the tate press, but on the close grip bench press, even light, it hurts that area on the front of the one shoulder. I am sure there must be something off in there. It seems like you would have got more calories out of that workout since it was non-stop. I am often disappointed after a workout like that when I look at the readings. Although I don't think I have got that low with the Garmin yet. Still low if there is not a lot of movement involved. I saw that she was using 20# for the snatch and she even does that on the cardio add on workout that is short and I always wish she did not do the overhead move like that in that short workout. Otherwise there is no other weight used.

Jolie, nice work with Yvette today. You should try one of CDorner's more basic intermediate step workouts. She often announces her calorie burn which is generally quite a bit more than mine and also a lot of workouts she will give the heart rate pace in the workout. Sometimes I am different though. I am getting accustomed to using one riser. I used to always use 2 risers and occasionally I would use 3 dependent on the workout. I am not tall though. I find the height if done too much will give me achy knees and then I have to do something else for awhile. That is good news that Cuamo resigned.

Roselyn, great job on the chest work today.

Back from vacation. I hardly did any workouts - just a couple youtube band workouts which were underwhelming...

I did a Penny Barnshaw this morning - full body standing. Great workout - two sets of moves and nothing down on the floor.

Today is my rest day. Boy are my legs feeling yesterday's workout, in a good way :) I have not done leg work in a while and I did most of the exercises with less than 10# DBs. It is kind of stormy here today, like a hurricane is brewing off shore somewhere in the Baja area.

Doreen, welcome back and I hope you had a great vacay!

Roselyn, I cannot believe that it has been almost a year since you lost your father, time flies... Nice job on the BACK workout yesterday. Hang in there.

BBL to read the posts for the day.

This morning at the butt crack of dawn I did CDorner's #135 - 45 Minute Basic Step Aerobics and Abs. Fun workout for a day where you just don't want to give it your all. I did modify this a bit to ADD intensity, it was a bit too low for me and HR didn't get up at all. I did sweat pretty good with it, though. Really liked the ab section.

Workout was 46 minutes, burned 247 calories, did 4038 and HR was 110/150.

I need to do a stretch and mobility workout this week. Probably on Friday.

Jolie - Great workouts yesterday and enjoy your rest day. It is stormy here as well, hot and humid. Glad you got a step workout in, I'm havin fun with the ones I'm doing. It is casual here and I probably could get away with just wearing some type of tennis shoe, but I just don't like the way that looks. I'm so picky about foootwear, let me tell you. I live in tennis shoes during the summer but I do like to at least wear some casual dress shoes for work. Such a dilema! LOL!!!

Diane - I don't like the tate press at all, it hurts everything in my arms, especially my elbows. The close grip presses aren't bothering me right now like they used to. I love that exercise. Did you happen to see Mike Lindell's symposium last night He keeps saying he has all this breaking news to share and it seems to be a bunch of malarky. I don't know, just wish something bigger would happen. He sort of sounded crazy last night, like aliens were landing or something. It was weird. I only watched about 45 minutes of it then gave up. Very frustrating. Now he's saying he has a big announcement for the Thursday symposium. Starting not to believe him.

Belinda - Hope you are doing well! How is the eating going? Have you made any good recipes lately?

Roselyn - Wow a year already. Where does the time go?

Doreen - Glad you were able to rest on your vacation. We don't need to continually do workouts, especially when vacations hit. It's nice to take a break here and there.

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi everyone,

I walked early this morning. I also did a full body with weights workout.

Debbie - eating is doing great. I made the Tomato Gazpachowith crispbread crackers, it was very good and quick. How are you doing? Which ones did you do this week?

Roselyn - I am so sorry about your dad (((HUGS)))

Doreen - glad you had fun on vacation. Where did you go?

Jolie - you must worked those legs good. You don't always have to go super heavy to feel the burn. Stay safe!

Diane - PT went well yesterday. Everytime I leave I am in a lot of pain, feel fine the day after. He did ultrasound therapy and stretched my neck/shoulder. I am getting inpatient with the progress. How are you doing?

Roxie - hope you having a great day.

BBL!

Today I feel fine. I guess the day off helped. I did CDorner Basic Step and Abs, #135 (same as Debbie) 46:40 minutes, heart rate 148/178, 268 calories, 4,379 steps. Chris has it listed at 128 bpm, but I added the second riser and added some intensity as she does give some suggestions for that since it is a basic workout. I also did CDorner Upper Body and Abs she did this week, but skipped the warm up, push ups, and abs, so this was 36 minutes, 112 calories, heart rate 102/128. Each exercise group is done twice291 steps. I then finished with her mobility workout for this week, 30 minutes, 56 calories, 35 steps. Total calories today was 436, 1 hour and 52 minutes, 4,705 steps. The upper body workout is pretty doable. I just did not want to do planks that I saw with side planks etc Also I did some abs with the cardio.

The upper body workout was timed for each move
Rnd 1 push up to child pose
1arm row 15# db she used 20
lying on back 12# dbs alternating 1 arm pull over with opposite leg drop I used 10's and and did not pull over as far as she did overhead
chest fly with a glute bridge 15's but I used 12 one round and 10 the next
repeat

rnd 2 abs which I skipped

rnd 3
alternating hammer curl/twist(supinate?) she uses 15's I used 12's and second round did just hammer curls
overhead press/3 triceps extensions or option front raise and kickbacks she uses 12's and drops to 10's I used 8's
3 w curl pusles/ rotate in to front and out I used 8's

rnd 4 abs which I skipped

Chris has a pilates ball lower body and ab 30 minute workout that I would like to fit in somewhere.

Roselyn, this summer has just flew by. Nice work on getting the back done.

Doreen, knowing you, your vacation was probably pretty active anyway. I have taken stuff to do travel workouts before and felt I did not work that hard.

Jolie, nice that you got in such a good leg workout. Enjoy your rest day.

Debbie, nice job on the workout. I did the same one today. I also picked up the intensity on it. It was fun though and easy to follow, nothing complicated. I try to do more than one mobility workout per week along with my usual stretches and some foam rolling. Hard to get everything I want to in or I would be working out all day. Where do you see Mike Lindell's symposium at? His web site? I guess I have not checked to see if he is on Parlor. I don't know, they have mentioned UFO sitings on the news. DH and I always say those pictures they post are always distorted and fuzzy so how they can think they know what they are seeing does not make since.
I bought a new pair of flat Dansko shoes to wear when I dress up a bit more rather than wearing heals. I think I am about due for some new shoes for workouts. I practically live in tennis shoes a well. Or if I can I go barefoot and slip on croc sandals to walk outside in the yard.

Belinda, nice job getting in a full body weight workout. It takes so long to get over an injury and we can sure injure ourselves quickly. I hope you don't have to go too long. Glad you feel better after a day or so. I was like that, but went 3 times a week , so would feel good just about time to go back. Does it seem to you that they are a bit rougher on the movement they do on the neck than you would be. I tend to be gentle on that area.

Last edited:
This morning I did RAW Strength 2 Cardio Acceleration. Great workout, I really like this one, I've done it before. Non stop workout, when you aren't lifting, you're doing active recovery cardio. Love these types of workouts.

12 reps each lifting move, cardio was just as long as Kelly wanted it to go.

Shoulders/Triceps
Upright Rows:
15's
Cardio
Repeat
Double Arm Kickbacks:
8's
Cardio
Repeat
Overhead Press/Triceps Extensions:
8's
Cardio
Repeat

Biceps/Legs
Bicep Curls:
15's
Cardio
Repeat
Squats:
15's
Cardio
Repeat
Hammer Curls/Squats:
12's (these hurt my tricpes - it's the way she does the hammer curls)
Cardio
Repeat

Chest/Back
Dumbbell Flies:
15's
Cardio
Repeat
Seated Double Arm Rows:
15's
Cardio
Repeat
Chest Press/Connected Pullovers:
12's
Cardio
Repeat

Abs
Skipped - ran out of time

Workout was 52 minutes, burned 206 calories, did 2486 steps and HR was 96/137. Great workout, loved this one!!

Belinda - This week I did the Pesto Mac & Cheese and honestly, that is the only recipe I've done. This is what I was afraid of, I just don't have time to make several types of foods for the week when I'm working. I should have not subscribed but I only did the 4 month one so I don't really mind. I just don't feel like I'm getting my monies worth. No biggie, I still love the recipes. The Pesto Mac & Cheese was pretty good, I liked it. My new menu should be up but I just checked and it's the same one from last week. Weird.

Diane - I should do more mobility but it's hard to get in now that I'm limited in time. I hate that. Mike Lindell has his own website - franktalk.com or something like that. I watched the symposium on RSBN on my tablet. I was kidding about the aliens, that was not what he was talking about. He was just acting all crazy at the beginning of his speech and I thought he was going to have a heart attack. It was because some woman from Colorado (a republica) was just informed that her office was being raided and was happening while she was with Mike talking at his symposium. Today he supposedly has some BIG news to tell but we shall see. Not sure when that is going down. I also read the Pelosi is thinking about stepping down after the 2022 elections. I sure hope that is true.

We are having some bad storms today. We had one roll in last night that scared the crap out of me. Luckily we didn't get hit too hard the surrounding areas did. I hope that doesn't happen again today. We supposedly had 80 mph winds in some spots. Yikes!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

I signed up for Cathe Live last night for the month. I did 355 Total Body Metabolic Challenge this morning.

I normally try to write down stuff to "save if I come back later" but I've finally decided I rarely come back later because between Live, RAW and youtube there are always so many to do. On Youtube if I do a good workout that I really liked I save it to a playlist called "repeatable workouts" - but so far I've not repeated any of them.

We just went to visit my parents... they live near a sand pit so we took the stand up paddle boards and did that quite a bit. We did some swimming and since we took the dog, plenty of walks. He learned to swim and ride on the paddle board while we were there so that was fun.

Hi everyone,

I walked early this morning, I also did a 45 min barre workout.

Debbie - sorry you are not getting your money worth. You always can cancel if you are not using it. I love the planner. I prep most my meals on Sunday. I just got the new menu for next week. Great job this morning.

Diane - it's taking too long to recover. I feel better the day after the ultrasound therapy than I am in pain again. I don't have to drive almost on hour to PT 3 times a week, once is enough for me, lol. No, my PT isn't tough on the neck. I was getting a sharp pain running in my neck/head, he stopped right away. He did put heat on my shoulder/neck before he starts working on it. Great job!

BBL to read catch up on more personals

Today I went for a 4 mile walk outside and almost didn't make it back to the house, it got so hot and humid that I felt like I would pass out and I ran out of water on mile 3. Needless to say, I made it back and I am soaking wet, my cloths had to come off the minute I got into the house. Walk was 1 hour 21 minutes and I burned 788 calories. My legs are still sore from Yvette's step workout, boy am I out of shape with the leg exercises. My heart rate today was 143/179.

Debbie, that workout you did today looks great. Was it floor cardio or step cardio? I would think that your calorie burn would have been much higher for a 52 minute workout. I would have burned double that calorie burn. I put my FB on workout mode, what do you set yours at?

Doreen, way to go on signing up for Cathe Live again, enjoy!

Belinda, it is almost too hot here to walk unless I get up super early, which does not interest my in the slightest lately. What Barr workouts do you use?

Diane, I didn't feel so good yesterday myself and either did my mother. I sat under my infrared lamp and I am better today except I have a runny nose. I told my mom to go and get an IV drip for immunity, that will help during the cold and flu season this year as well as covid.

BBL to read the other posts for the day. Suck at home inside with the air conditioner on today. At least it works!

Jolie - glad you made it back home. Be carful in that heat. I am an early person. I like to get my workouts in early than I am done for the day. I did a Suzanne Bowen Fitness barre workout. I do her workouts for years.

Doreen - enjoy CL!

Today I did CDorner Kickbox Hiit from yesterday. I liked this one a lot and lots of fun music and guessing which movie some pieces were used in, like Mannequn. There were three groups of exercises done twice for 45 seconds each move. Only one went to the floor and I just did the punches and a squat hop (she did give alternatives) This was 39 minutes, heart rate 151/186, 239 calories, 3,060 steps. No equipment needed.
I followed this with her Pilates Ball thighs, buns, and abs. I don't know why, but I was really sweating when she had me laying facedown with the ball squeezed between my feet and holding my feet off the floor. Seriously sweating. Moving into other stuff, I finally had to stop and get a towel as the ball kept wanting to slide. Good workout though and most of it was not on the knees at all. The last 10 minutes was abs and I kind of liked the moves. This was 34 minutes, and 69 calories, heart rate 88/113, 125 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 308 calories, 3,172 steps. I also did the upper portion of foam rolling for hips and upper body, and then did the 15 minute quick stretch total body which most used a chair for. I like that one and have kept it in my watch list. I did not count the stretch and roll in the workout. I had to go to Walmart. I think they are moving things around in the store. Lots of areas were emptied out and I heard the workers talking about how tired they were moving stuff. I hate when they do that and I cannot find things. I kept looking for saline spray, but got tired of trying to find it and hanging in the pharmacy area where there was a line that I am guessing were their for their vaccine.

Debbie, maybe Mike Lindell was upset for the woman. It is upsetting when stuff like that is happening to people. I will have to check it out. I wish stuff I ordered from his store did not take so long to get here. I love the towels. Funny, I got the dog bed and am happy with it other than it is huge. I had no idea that the large was big enough to be a crib mattress. It has one giant my pillow inside the cover and both are washable. I got it crammed into my washing machine, but it only moved back and forth no sloshing around. At least my washer has an extra water setting. Then the dryer it was crammed in and turned so I had to pull it out every so often to get all sides dry. I don't know that I would do that again. Maybe a cleaners would clean it for me? My pour dog was lost while waiting on it. I had to put a blanket down with her little mat.
That looks like a great workout. I have printed it off. That would be nice if Pelosi steps down. We need some people in there that care about the people. Maybe more will step down and we will get some that will take care of our borders and all of these people coming in with covid. I love pesto. I have been making it from my basil plants and using nutritional yeast and nuts instead of dairy. I just freeze in small containers for other meals. I made sauted zucchini and grape tomatoes with some garlic last night and then stirred in the pesto. Topped with Wild sockeye salmon. It was so yummy.
I have been out in enough really bad storms, and refuse to leave the house if it looks like some storms may be coming in. They can be scary when things are flying through the air. The workers finally came out and picked up the pieces of siding that were left in the lots on the other side of our fence today. Those were from the homes they are working on and the hard storm we had a couple of weeks ago.

Doreen, nice that you signed up for Cathy Live for a month. I don't go back and look often at my workouts, but I do keep a binder with the raw workouts in it and up to date so I know if there is something in a workout that might bother whatever issue I am having. CDorner has so many new ones and sometimes more than one a day so I just have not kept them, other than to save a few favorites. I have so many I want to try and keep putting off wanting to go in the workout/craft room to use my fitness equipment. That does sound like a lot of fun and nice that you could have the dog with you.

Belinda, nice work on the barre workout. I would probably have not done PT if I had to make that long of a drive to do it. I just took the one right around the corner by Sprouts. I am not sure how good they are as I have not had PT before that time. They had a lot of tables for patients and several therapists along with students who worked there between classes guiding patients through their program till the PT got to you. I was usually there 90 minutes or so and the therapist worked with me for about 30 minutes is all. They would change things up and put it in the computer. I was supposed to be able to log on to their website and see pictures and videos of my personal program, but only was able to get on a couple of times and I had tried to bring up that I could not get on and see it and no one offered to help. 3 days a week for me. If I ever have to do it again I think I will research before I choose. Although I do not think there are many in the nearby city. At least close. I would probably have to drive 15 miles or so which I would probably not like. I am not happy that I have to go back to the arthritis center in 3 months this time rather than the usual 6. My neck and shoulder start hurting when I have long drives.

Jolie, not good to be out in the heat and run out of water. I don't know why, but some days I just wake up feeling awful and some I wake up ready to get moving. I woke with a massive headache which I think is from taking a melatonin. I cannot use that that much, even in small doses. Also I decided to take an allegra since my allergies are really kicking up. I did not want to be sneezing and coughing at Walmart. The combo of things I guess set off the headache. I am fine now though. Made it through Walmart okay till I got back outside in the breeze. I used some hydrate powder before I left that has aloe vera, slipper elm, marshmallow and coconut oil in it. I don't use it a lot as it has xylitol in it. But that helped with the itchy throat. I hope your mother can keep her immunity boosted up. Good that you have working air.

Today I just walked on my treadmill for aout 25 minutes and then did CDorners Mobility and Stretch workout that she did yesterday. Great stretch, it targeted the low back and legs which I needed. I feel pretty loose right now. Sitting here in this chair is really killing me, I've been standing a lot during the work day and that is helping. I pulled something deep in my right butt cheek, it hurts when I stand. Once I get moving it's ok but when I sit for a period of time it starts hurting again. I will foam roll it when I get home, I ran out of time today. Nothing great to show with stats so I won't bother.

Diane - I wanted to do the kickboxing workout today but thought against it. I need to stretch today so that is what I did and I am glad. I will do it next week for sure, it sounds like fun. I need to find that foam rolling workout you do, too, that one sounds good as well. Yes, Mike Lindell was upset for the lady and I truly get that, but honestly, Diane, you should have seen how he was acting. Geez. Now I hear he was attacked sometime after that broadcast and I have't heard what his big announcement was if it even happened. I think it had something to do with him announcing that Trump would be reinstated as president. I keep hoping but I don't see how that can happen and no one is even talking about that, not even Trump himself. I need to look it up and see if he did say what it was. I am glad he is fighting for us, don't get me wrong, but not sure people are taking him seriously. :( I also love pesto, and that recipe you do sounds amazing - except for the fish part! LOL! I am not a fish eating person.

Doreen - I have sort of gotten away from keeping a workout sheet for workouts as well because I don't feel like I go back to do them enough to document it. But Kelly's stuff I do keep workout sheets for because I do her workouts over and over again. CDorner - not so much but I love her workouts. I just don't find myself going back to do one over again.

Belinda - I have to do all my work food prep on Sunday or I just won't have anything to eat. Many of these recipes say you need to eat them within three days, which I don't get. What could spoil in them in three days? I just need to use the recipes more wisely. I may not be able to use all the choices they give me, but at least I get some good lunches from one or two that I choose. :)

Jolie - The workout I did yesterday had floor cardio in it. Simple stuff, and not a frenzied pace. It is a great workout. Wow, I'm glad you didn't pass out on your walk. You should always have plenty of water with you when you do long walks like that in the heat. It was over 100 degrees here yesterday with the humidity factored in. You couldn't even breath outside when you walked out the door. Today is better, thank God!!

Roselyn - Great workout with shoulders!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.