Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2020

Today I did a late workout. I ordered groceries from Whole Foods and had to wait for them to arrive. Just realized I did not get chips for my husbands lunch that I had ordered. Now I have to think up something else. I was going to go to Dollar General tomorrow. This is really irritating, because the idea was that I would not necessarily have to go to the store on the weekend if I did not want to. My allergies are bad and I just did not want to deal with it.
I did Kelly Coffey Super Sculpt using two premixes since I like to check those out. First I did the Drills and Jumps mix which was the light weight sculpting drills with 3 # dumbbells, followed broken up by the first jump combos facing the step and then after more sculpting drills then straddle jump section. Somewhere in there I started with 2 risers and increased to 3. I then did the Quick Fix #3 which was the drills again followed by a step combo using two risers, 18 minutes, heart rate 130/165, 93 calories, 1,383 steps. I think there is a few of the moves missing in Quick Fix 3 as I have down in my notes that the moves minus the step is 18 minutes. Total workout time was 50 minutes, 258 calories, 3,981 steps.

Belinda- Hope you are doing better and one the mend. Hang in there!!

I decided to to Cathe Live for this month streaming: This morning I did CL 292 Low Impact Cardio Muscle. A good mix of Low impact cardio and metabolic weight moves. Intermediate level workout.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Spending almost all day in the ER on Friday wasn't fun. My primary doctor nurse called my me Friday to check on me. I was napping, I guess the pain in my ear knocked me out. He recommended I go back to the ER since the swelling got worst. I'll be honest, I wasn't gonna go back to the ER, my husband made me go.I saw the doctor right away. I felt bad for DH he was waiting in the car in the rain, it rained nonstop on Friday. He was allowed to sit in the hospital lobby, but he wasn't allowed in the ER. I was laying in a bed the entire time, lol. The doctors and nurses took very good care of me. The doctor ran a lot of tests and blood tests on me. I will get the tests results Monday. Since my ears was double the size from the day before they called in 2 ENT doctors. The doctor I saw Thursday also came to check on me. I was checked out by 2 ER doctors and 2 ENT doctors.The ENT's checked for fluids in my ear or ballon (that's what they called it?) After testing my hearing and running lots of tests, they both ruled it out. The ENT doctor gave me a different antibiotics and stronger pain medicine. I still have swelling in my left ear and pressure. Today have hardly any pain in my ear. I also have to take high doses of cortisone. Yesterday Day1 I had to take a total off 6 tables through out the day, today Day 2 I will take 5, Day 3 I will take 4, Day 4 take 3, Day 5 take 2, Day 6 take 1. If that doesn't knock the swelling down in my ear I don't know what else will. So far I am tolerating the meds well, no nausea or any side effects. So far so good. Who knows maybe the cortisone will also take care of the swelling in my knees. Today I feel like my energy is starting to came back. I didn't do a whole lot the last few day's but I kept up with Cathe's rotation. Of course, I did everything low impact, no bending over. The doctors didn't say anything about working out. Well... I didn't mention it, lol. I am very careful. I been resting resting a lol.I hope by next week I will feel my old self again.

Thanks everyone for your concern, prayers and well wishes. It means a lot to me.

I will check in later.

Today is a rest day. My grandchildren will be back tomorrow. I ran to the Dollar store to get what I did not get from Whole Foods Delivery. Still no napkins so I just picked up paper towels which were sparse. When is the lack of supplies going to stop anyway? I rushed through the shopping so I could try and get out before I had another coughing sneezing attack with these allergies. My poor husband did not get much sleep because of all of the coughing. Nothing wrong other than the itchy throat and sinuses.

Belinda, you sound like me on the working out. I sure hope the cortisone does the trick. That is crazy that your husband had to wait outside. That is promising that you are getting some of your energy back.

Doreen, I keep thinking about getting CL, but I won't stop Kelly if I do. I know I won't keep CL for a real long time.

Diane - thank you. I hope the cortisone does the trick too. DH was allowed to sit in the ER lobby, he didn't wanted to sit there with COVID. He wanted to wait in the car. You have to keep the mask on the entire time while you sit in the lobby. Hope your husband feels better soon.

I didn't really feel much like working out this morning, I was so tired when I got up and just didn't want to do anything. But I sucked it up and did CL #304 - Burn Sets: Biceps & Triceps. I had a great workout and really felt it towards the end. Felt better afterwards but still not feeling awake.

Ok, here is the workout, all exercises were 12 reps unless I wrote something different:

Alternated biceps and triceps exercises

Standing Curls: 15's
Overhead Triceps Extension: 30#
Seated Double Arm Curls: 17.5's (I did Hammer Curls, my elbow is killing me)
Incline Close Grip Dumbbell Press: 17.5's
Alternate Sweeper Curls: 20's - 10 reps
Double Arm Sweeper Curl: 20's - 4 reps
Incline Skull Crushers: 12.5's
One Arm Concentration Curls: 12.5# - 10 reps (Elbow was really hurting so had to go down in wt with this)
Cross Body Extensions: 12.5#
W Curls: 12.5's
Flat Close Grip Dumbbell Press: 20's
Seated Alternate Hammer Curls: 20's - 10 reps
Double Arm Hammer Curls: 15's - 2 reps
Concentric Triceps Pushups: Fast up/Slow Down - 10 reps
Concentric Biceps Curl: 15's - 10 reps
Eccentric Triceps Pushups: Slow up/Fast Down - 10 reps
Eccentric Biceps Curl: 15's - 10 reps
One Arm Kickbacks: 10#
Reverse Curls: 12's
Weighted Dips: 15# - 32 reps (Cathe does 40 reps!)

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 130 calories, HR was 94/183. My HR was really low today, everytime I looked at my watch it was below 100. It certainly felt like it was higher than that and I've done this workout 3 times and the calories burn has gone down with each workout. WTH?? So frustrating to work hard and get measly calories burns.

Diane - My FB hasn't had any updates lately, I did one about a month ago. So sick of how crappy this thing is clocking my workouts and HR, it's ridiculous. I've done some grocery ordering and I go pick it up through Meijers and the same thing has happened to me with things not being in the order. However, now that they have been doing this for a while the errors are less and less. My shopper always contacts me if something I chose isn't in stock and she gives me to option to choose another brand. I've been pretty happy with the service but only use it about once a month. I always end up forgetting staple things and having to go to the store anyways, so I've pretty much just been going myself. The last time I did it I received 4 large tubs of cottage cheese that I didn't order. I hate cottage cheese and no one in my family eats it either. Whoever had it on their order was probably pissed that they didn't get it.

Jolie - I am shocked to say my legs did not get that sore after Friday's leg workout. Sort of surprised me, even my hamstrings were not sore. Weird. Great job with your workout!!

Belinda - OMG, I am so sorry to hear how sick you are with that ear infection. I am praying for you to get better soon. That is the worst when your ear hurts like that. I don't even know how you can feel like working out like that, but great job getting workouts done!!

I'm sorry, I don't have much time for personals so have a great day everyone!!!

Belinda - Hope you are feeling better soon!!! I can't believe you can workout with that kind of pain in your ears!!

This morning I did CL 295 - Stepped up bootcamp. 5 rounds of cardio, legs, upper body and core. The cardio was step cardio- medium impact I would say. The upper body was lacking back work - just deadlifts and pullovers could count for back work. It wasn't the toughest CL video - very doable.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Body Fit 1, 41 minutes, 205 calories, heart rate 126/171, 2,902 steps, wearing a 4# vest. I then did Kelly's dvd Box Fit Push premix which was Triceps, Chest, which includes the lower segments between the sets and has the abs added to it. This was 20 minutes, 52 calories, heart rate 98/143, 289 steps, using 10# dumbbells for the triceps and 12# dumbbells for the chest, and abs. I finished with Cathe Lite Extended Stretch # 1 adding some other stretches, 21 minutes, 26 calories, 116 steps( I had to run downstairs to let the dog in) Total time was 82 minutes, 283 calories, 2,407 steps. I have my grandchildren here and will come back in a while for personals.

Just a quick check in, I am running so late today! I have a repair man coming really soon so I have to jump in the shower. Saturday and Sunday I walked on my TM, great workouts, both days were for 45 minutes uphill. Today I didn't feel like working out, I had a poor nights sleep, but I pulled it together and did CL # 139 Upper Body Express with Core and had a great workout. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned 336 calories.

I will BBL to read all of your posts, have a wonderful day.

Good morning,

I tried to go for a walk this morning, ended up rescuing a dog that was wondering/running on the streets. It was a very friendly lap. I didn't wanted the poor pup to get run over by a car. Luckily the dog had a tag with the dogs name and phone number. Dog is home with her owner.

Today I did Intensity Bootcamp. Ended up doing all the cardio low impact.

I am feeling a lot better today. I hardly have any pain. The swelling is going down. I think the meds are
working.

Debbie - thank you. I am feeling a lot better than I did a few day's ago. Hopefully it will stay that way. I am not good sitting still when I am in pain. I just couldn't bent over/down with the pressure I had in my ear. Sorry about your FB. Your workout looks fantastic.

Doreen - thank you. I am a nut when it comes to working out, lol. Great job this morning.

Jolie - hope all goes well with the repair man today. Great job on your workouts this weekend.

Diane - great mix of workouts today.

I will try to be back later.

Belinda, glad you are doing better. Nice job getting the workout in. That was so nice that you saved the pup and found it's owner.

Jolie, you did well with the workouts even though you were not feeling it.

Roselyn, nice work on Back and Biceps.

Today I decided to do a Max Trainer workout and did one I've done a few times. It's called Max Power 21 w/Marc and had a great workout. I'm sick of all the talking Marc does, he says some stupid things. I wish they'd just play music in the background and then tell you when it's time to sprint. You get tired of hearing the same stuff from the instructors and I think they are just trying to fill the time with talk. Not sure why they don't use music, Anyways, it was a great workout.

Workout was 25 minutes, burned 182 calories, went .66 miles and did 1653 steps. HR was 140/171.

I also walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes, burned 130 calories, went 1 mile and did 2398 steps. HR was 120/133.

Doreen - I might have to check out the workout you did yesterday, sounds good, Nice job on doing it!

Diane - So my FB did have an update and I updated it last night. Not sure I like the HR zones it now shows, it's sort of annoying. Yesterday when I did that weight workout the zones showed 0 minutes of work. WTH? Maybe because the update wasn't installed until the evening so it didn't have a chance to clock that workout. Today it is showing 80 minutes and I only worked out for an hour if that. So I don't get it. Actually, now it's showing 98 zone minutes. That must mean when my HR is high enough where it burns calories or something? I don't see any other changes so far. Is RAW Body Fit new? Was it fun? I need to check out her channel, haven't been on it in a couple of days. Nice job with your owrkouts yesterday!

Jolie - Great job with your workout. So are you getting that house or did you change your mind? That's too bad that everything is so difficult in buying a home there. It's not that bad here, you do have to jump through some hoops with inspections and stuff, but usually it's not that bad.

Belinda - WOW on saving that puppy!! That was awesome of you! I'm sure the owners were very happy and thankful. Glad you are feeling better, that is good news!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Diane - You can get NUUN from Amazon, have you checked on there? That is where I order mine from. Box & Fit looks fun, can't wait until she posts that on her workout site. I know it will be a while but I'm sure they will be posted eventually. So I didn't take that supplement for hot flashes yesterday and I do not have a headache today.

Good morning yall.
I'm trying to find relief for hot flashes. I did a search here and found this from Debbie. Debbie, which supplement are you referring to on this post. Thanks so much.

Good morning yall.
I'm trying to find relief for hot flashes. I did a search here and found this from Debbie. Debbie, which supplement are you referring to on this post. Thanks so much.

That product was for after a workout sport drink. I use Change O Life for hot flashes and for the most part, it works good. You can get it at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-...hange+o+life+supplement&qid=1599483829&sr=8-2

Hope it works for you, I know how horrible hot flashes can be!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.