Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2020

Today was cardio and I had a fantastic workout on my TM! 80 minutes uphill, 5.0 to 7.0 incline, 3.0 to 3.3 speed traveled 4.4 miles and burned 789 calories. I found my old weighted belt which is 5 pounds and wore that to get a little better calorie burn since my walking is really getting easy but I am still getting the killer calorie burns. Heart rate was 133/178. I put my TM on a hill session and it took my up some steep hills for awhile. I love walking it really boosts my mood and I get great sleep.

Debbie, great workout today. I was looking at your workout yesterday and i will try to do that one soon, I have it written down as the best short upper body workout from CL. That shoulder segment is KILLER!!!!!!

Belinda, great job on the pyramid workout, I wonder why Cathe doesn't do a new one for her live classes? I have to look into the egg weights too, I have never heard of them.

Diane Sue, I just ordered myself and my dad some of the Bullet proof collagen so I am excited to try it out. The best things you can take for the skin is Vitamin C, Grape Seed Extract, ( those are the immortal twins) MSM, Vit B complex, Protein, Oh gosh I guess I could go on forever :) I take it all. Nice job with the workout, and I see you are getting rain. We never get rain at this time of the year. I love it when it rains, it is so relaxing especially when you sleep. I use my laptop for every workout except for when I use my dvd player and tv.

Doreen, you never told us that you were going on vacation and we were all so worried about you!!!! Great job with the workout today.

Roselyn, I haven't done Afterburn in so long, it that high impact? Great job on getting it done.

Roxie, I will check that workout out, though I didn't like autumns Muscle and Chisel much. Way to go on the workout!

Happy Thursday and make it a great day.

Reactions: WD
Jolie - wow, on your uphill walk today. WTG! I love walking too. Does Cathe has a pyramid Live? Need to look that one up. After Debbie mention egg weights I looked them up. I don't think they for me plus they kinda expensive. https://eggweights.com

Doreen, the ladies seem to think the feel is different with the egg weights. I can't see it being that much difference for the price. I was eyeing my handheld sand weights that I got for the Urban Rebounding Extreme workouts and thinking I could use the 2# ones. They are bigger than sand weights and some dumbbells. My problem is I always felt when I was using them with Amy's Boxing and Bootcamp URX Extreme workouts that they made my hands ache hanging onto them. My 3# sand weights lose sand when I used them for some reason. I got the 2# from Urban Rebounding. Theirs were much more costly than some other places to purchase, but better made. I always found them more comfortable to hold between my feet or knees for ab work than dumbbells. I don't want to spend money on something that I am not sure I would use all that much. Kelly gave a link with a discount code from her for them on her place she has a link for for equipment. Using the weight bars would be a good idea.

Jolie, nice work. I always worry a bit when I wear the weighted vest that maybe they put to much pressure on the spine, but then so would weights held on the shoulders etc.. Maybe it strengthens. I just worry about not keeping the spaces open there. I should research it. I like using the weight vests.
I take a whole list if supplements too. I keep up with the B's. I was buying one from Jarrow that had Methyl folate and the Methylcobalamin with another B in it, but then I started hunting for US products and particularly not China, and quit buying that one. Still in a search for one that has several in it at a decent level and the better availability. What I have now came from Bluebonnet. I bought Bullet Proof before in the Methyl B12. When I get my bloodwork done at the arthritis center and see something borderline off I research to see what makes a difference. I added a niacinamide capsule daily after the heart thing along with Q Nol. So, yes, I have my supplements. I realize some things like herbals grow in different climate conditions, but things like the mushrooms and adaptogens can be grown here instead. Maybe it is more difficult. I quit buying the Four Sigmatic adaptogens and mushroom products because they were sources supposedly with them making sure it was highest standards. Blah Blah!! Next time I purchase it will be Host Defense and/ or Peak Performance. I have been using Peak Performance lions mane powder in the mornings. It helps some with the nerve pain in my neck. Not sure why. I thought when they said helps nerves they meant like stress type stuff, but I think that is Reishi.

Belinda, maybe Cathe doesn't do pyramids to much because of how many weight increments they might need per person. Although if I remember right she did have a lot of dumbbells out there most of the time on the live workouts.

This morning I did Kelly's RAW Upper Body Blast. Haven't done this one since April, it is a tough one and I had to pause here and there because Kelly doesn't know the meaning of rest LOL!

4 sets each exercise - 30 seconds on/10 seconds off (you do each exercise for 4 sets/30 seconds and then move onto the next exercise - killer)

Bench Press - 30#
Barbell Shoulder Press - 10's - I did Arnolds and then alternated at times, this kills
Dumbbell Flies - 17.5's
Lateral Raise - 7.5's
Skate & Curl - 10's but no skate
Squat/Hammer Curl/Jump - 10's
Barbell Row - 30#
Dips
Seated Reverse Flies
- 10's
Skull Crushers - 10's
V-Ups

Workout was 37 minutes, burned 179 calories, HR was 111/171. Not a great calorie burn, I did much better with that in the past. Oh well.

Diane - i wonder if New Jersey has power yet? I hear that hurricane took out their electric, maybe that's why Kelly hasn't been able to post that workout. It looks fun so I can't wait to try it, hopefully next week. My FB has been doing exactly what yours is, it is frustrating. I think the calorie burn from the workout I did yesterday was a fluke, but it did seem like my HR was way up yesterday. I had a hard time sleeping the night before because my HR was really high, not sure what that was all about. It's ok now, sort of scared me.

Doreen - Box and Squat was fun, I can't wait to do it again. Nice job and so glad to hear you had a great vacation!! Welcome back!

Jolie - I know you will love the workout I did last week, the Upper Body one with Cathe. OMG, great workout and I will definitely do it again. It looks like a ton of exercises and it is, but it goes by really fast. Great job with your workouts, you are really kicking some butt!

Belinda - Great job with Rock em' Sock em'! I want that workout, it just sounds like a fun one.

Roxie - Have fun with your new rotation, that sounds good. Glad you were able to get the year subscription to Beachbody, I know you like those workouts!

Have great workouts everyone!! Work is going ok, bored though. Still can't really plan my events as the school year is so unknown. I am being trained to do fingerprinting, though, so that is keeping me busy.

Debbie - great job as always, girl. What? You don't have the ICE series, lol? ICE is so much fun. I mean everything about the set I love. The music is great and the workouts are fun. You can sign up for Cathe on Demand. She offers a 7 day trial. Maybe you want to check out Rock em' Sock em :) I am loving the May rotation.

I just finished doing Coffey Fit Raw Your Moves #1 47 minutes (43 actual as I had to mess with my fitbit since 10 minutes in it said my heart rate was 65) 173 calories burned, heart rate 110/151, 2.182 steps. I seriously am getting where I dread working out with the Fit Bit and knowing I am going to have to keep checking it. Much better when you can start it and just do the workout. I had a crazy start this morning. My husband had come in and was still up when I got up. I guess Gertie(my dog) vomited on the rug by the door and he cleaned up. So I am am washing the rug and stuff. I had to cook up some rice for Gertie and put some medicine in it to settle her stomach. Wondering if the heartgard I gave her before I went to bed upset her stomach. Either that or she ate too many things dropped by the 6 year old. My daughter came in with the children while I was still pulling things togther and picking up. He had rinsed the corner of the rug out and cleaned the floor. My 6 year old grandson is contrary today. I think this having to get up early and get here at 7 is making him tired. Maybe a walk today with them. It rained last night again. My weather apps all seem to contradict each other. I am making dinner for them tonight. We are doing tacos :)

Debbie, I am sure Kelly will get the workout up as soon as she can. I guess one of the titles of the new dvds is Body Fit. I preordered and Kelly said they have been mailed out. She is a busy person and Sunday she was supposed to be doing the online Road Trip on facebook. That will be put up on the Raw channel too (I think) As she knows not all of us will be able to participate at that time.
I have not had my heart rate do that when lying in bed in a very long time. I used to think it was just so much anxiety and probably too much caffeine. I only have a little in the morning most of the time if any now. I can tell the difference when I have some before a workout though.

Belinda, nice work this morning :) Ice and Lite are both fun series of Cathe's.

Today is my rest day! Everyone is kicking butt today with the workouts! Way to go everyone :) I am off to run errands and stock up on a ton of water for my challenge.

BBL to read your posts, and have a wonderful day, it's Friday!!!

I did Kettlebells on Raw - with Kaitlyn. I liked this one - I used a dumbell in a couple places instead of my kettlebell because I wanted to go heavier on my KB but can't do overhead presses with my 30# kettlebell!

I can't wait for the new DVDs to arrive.... although since I've been working out outside I may need to move to my basement to try them out!

Good morning,

Pyramid Pump lower body and walk is done.

That's it for me today. Have a great weekend everyone.

Today I am taking one more rest day because I am very tired today, poor sleep last night, hot flashes again!!! I will be working out tomorrow and I already worked out 5 days this week. I was going to do an express workout but i thought i might clean my gym room instead :)

Belinda, great job on the workout today!

BBL to read your posts. Happy Saturday.

Today I did Coffey Fit Real Raw #2 Cardio Hiit , 38 minutes, 196 calories, heart rate 125/165, 3,372 steps. I then did Raw Abs Finisher, 19 minutes, 38 calories, heart rate 98/127, 307 steps. Total time 57 minutes, 234 calories, 3,679 steps. I got my new Kelly Coffey dvds today :)

Roselyn, nice work.

Belinda, nice work with Pyramid Pump and getting your walk in today.

Doreen, that is a good Raw Kettlebell workout.

Jolie, enjoy another rest day. My sleep has dropped off this week and last night I kept nodding off sitting in my chair trying to watch tv with my husband. I hope you can get some rest.

Last edited:
Wow, is all I can say! I slept 12 hours straight last night!!!! I haven't done that since I was a teenager :) I took some Melatonin and got into bed early to watch some tv and BAM, I woke up at 8:21 am! So I have to say, I feel FANTASTIC today and did CL#10 Upper Body Sculpting and I loved the workout. I did it a few months back and I will be doing this one again soon. Most of the reps were x 16 and she did two rounds of each circuit. Workout was about 1 hour and I burned 400 calories. Just putting all of my gym equipment away was a workout in itself! Heart rate was 12./161.

Diane Sue, do you take Melatonin? I love it and it is one of the BEST antioxidants there is, it crosses into the Blood Brain Barrier. I like taking Tryptophan as well along with it but I am out. I got my Collagen in the mail so I will start taking it today. It says that it works best in higher temps? I wonder why that is?

Nice workouts yesterday to those who did them.

Make it a great day, I am off to look for a house. There are very few on the market right now so it is a bidding war out there.

Rest day today. I watched the first Raw road trip workout while drying my hair for church. Looks fun as it is boxing with lower body weights. I have not watched the rest. No time. I think this was a 3 hour online gathering.

Jolie, I think they meant the collagen dissolves better in warm temps. Even when I put my flavored on ice, I dissolve it in a little warm water and then add the cold and ice. You can also use one of those little battery whisk thing to blend it into what ever you want.

Good morning,

Walk and ICE Low Impact Sweat plus Icy Core 2 done. Yesterday I finished SBF TB Barre. I will start Utlimat Adv. Workout plan today with Barre Fire 2 today.

I will be back later.

I had a really bad scare yesterday, still not sure what happened. My DH and I went to a store and when I got out of his truck after we got home I had a really bad dizzy spell that lasted for several hours. After it finally went away I had a pounding headache and it felt like a migraine. I have been taking a new supplement for my hot flashes and although a side effect isn't dizziness, headaches are and I have been having some bad ones lately. I've been taking my temperature every day and no fever so I don't think it's COVID (plus I don't think dizziness is a symptom of COVID). I feel good today although Ihave the remnants of the headache. I think I will take one pill a day of that supplement instead of two and see if that helps.

This morning I did CL Strong Express Upper Body #234 again, I really like this workout. It is fast, and a real burners. Wish Cathe would do more like these. I like the 30-40 minute workouts.

Giant Set 1
Lateral Raise:
5's - 28 reps
Lateral U Raise: 5's - 14 reps
Scarecrows: 5's - 18 reps
Front Raise/Pour: 5's - 9 reps
(Repeat with a few less reps)

Giant Set 2
One Arm Back Fly:
10# - 10 reps
Upright Rows: 10's - 11 reps
Hip Hinge/Fly: 10's - 8 reps
Upright Rows: 10's - 8 reps
Hip Hinge/Fly: 10's - 4 reps of triples

Giant Set 3
Overhead Press:
12's - 12 reps
Sweeper Curls: 15's/12's - 10 reps
Overhead Press: 10's - 10 reps
Hammer Curls: 15's/12's - 10 reps
Overhead Press: 10's - 10 reps
Traditional Curls: 10s/12's - 10 reps
(Repeat Biceps Only)

Giant Set 4
One Arm Row:
25# - 16 reps
One Arm Dumbbell Curl: 10# - 10 reps
One Arm Row: 25# - 16 reps
One Arm Dumbbell Curl: 10# - 10 reps
One Arm Dumbbell Curl: 15# - 10 reps
One Arm Dumbbell Curl: 15# - 10 reps
(alternating sides, obviously)

Giant Set 5
Double Arm Kickbacks:
8's - 12 reps
Overhead Triceps Extensions: 25# - 6 slow reps
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 12 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 15's - 24 reps
Dumbbell Chest Press: 15's - 4 sets
Dumbbell Chest Flies: 15's - 6 reps
Dumbbell Chest Press: 15's - 4 sets
Dumbbell Chest Flies: 15's - 6 reps

Giant Set 6
Situps/Pushups

5 sets/5 reps back and forth until done
Reverse Crunch

I should have went a bit heavier and I will next time, I did go up with the one arm rows from 20-25# along with anything else that I used 25# at. I used 20# last time. Killer workout. Took me a bit longer because I had to help feed our cats as my DH had to go into work early.

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 238 calories went 1272 steps and HR was 123/192.

Walked on my treadmill a bit but nothing to mark much to mark down.

Diane - I think Kelly posted those workouts, I'll have to go check them out. I need to plan for this week. I hate being rushed in the mornings, it really helps when I know what I'm going to be doing that morning. I usually set up my workout room the night before. I'm thinking my HR the other day was due to caffein but I really try to limit it because of this issue.

Jolie - I don't know how anyone can sleep for 12 hours, good for you!! I'm lucky if I get 6 during a work week and 8 during the weekends. I usually live on 6-7 hours and I'm good with that. In fact, if I sleep too much I feel like crap. But I'm glad you were able to get such good sleep and great job with your workout!!

Belinda - Hope you have a smashing workout today! :) You posted before I sent this, great job with you workout today!!

Doreen - Hope you had a great weekend and a great workout today!

Roselyn - Nice job on the leg work. I need to do more of that.

Roxie - Hope you are doing well. How are you liking the rotation you are doing?

Have a great day everyone!

I did Strong and Lean workout 1 (the lifting one) this morning. I like it but should have had my barbell heavier.

My new KCM dvds are supposed to arrive on Tuesday!!!

And I'm thinking I will order the Pefect 30 workouts - although I prefer workouts in the 40-45 minute range I can probably do a pre-mix to get them a little longer. We'll see!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.