Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for September 2017

Today was a rest day. It was family brunch and now just relaxing.

Jolie, that is so nice that your husband took you on a weekend get away. I am sorry about your teen frustrations.

Today starts Week 5 of my Total Body workout. I can't believe it's week 5 already. Geez, where does the time go? Had a great workout, high reps but for some reason I enjoyed it.

2 sets/18 reps with 2 minute rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's.

Pushups
- On toes
Alternate Dumbbell Curls w/Twist - 15's
Dumbbell Rows - 15's
Weighted Dips - 30#
Overhead Dumbbell Press - 12's
Leg Extensions - 30#

I also walked 1.15 miles on my treadmill.

Total workout was 1 hr., Avg. HR was 93, Max was 167 (I don't think so). I burned 260 calories and went 3643 steps.

Jolie - Glad you were able to get away for the weekend. Me and my DH went to Put-in-Bay last weekend and it was so nice to get away for a couple days. It's always nice to do that once in a while.

Diane Sue - Nice workout on Saturday and hope you had a great rest day yesterday. Hope you get your car back soon, that is really frustrating.

Last edited:
Today I did Chest. I just did a workout that I put together, 4 exercises, 3 sets, 1 minute rest between sets and the last set To Failure. I really liked this workout and I will be this for each body part this week.

Warm up 5 minute walk on the TM. Warm up from STS #13.

Warm up Chest Press DB-
15# x 15

Chest Press DB-
25# x 12, x 10, x 15 TF

Chest Flies-
20# x 12, x 10, x 11 TF

Incline Chest Press DB-
25# x 12, x 10, x 13 TF

Incline Chest Flies-
20# x 12, x 10, x 11 TF

Workout was 35 minutes and I burned 210 Calories.

Debbie
, great job on the high rep workout today! My getaway was well need but I got such bad sleep ( husband snoring) I was kind of out of it the whole time! LOL Can I ever catch a break... I wanted to ask you about your tooth implant you had a few months back. How is that going? I have to get one soon but for some people your body rejects it. Just wanted to know your thoughts because my teeth are starting to shift due to having the space.

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I hope you both have great workouts today.

Have a wonderful day.

This morning I did Low Impact Series Total Body Trisets premix, Total Body Express, I set of everything in this one. 50 minutes,m 270 calories, I stuck with Cathe's weights since I am doing 4 Day Split weight work this week. I need to get some things accomplished so no cardio today, I sat and mapped out this weeks workouts. This is my 8th week with this type of rotation so I may change things next week.
My plan for this week
Monday Total Body Trisets Total Body Express ( I wish I would have done the scrambled that alternates upper and lower) 50 minutes
Tuesday 4 Day Split Kickbox cardio and lower body 71 minutes I may add the abs here from 4 Day Split
Wednesday 4 Day Split mix back and biceps skip stretch, 4 Day Split higher Intensity Step 64 minutes
Thursday Cardio Slam + cardio and abs
Friday 4 Day Split Chest, shoulders, and triceps 33 minutes, lower intensity stpe 37 minutes 70 minutes total
Saturday STS Hiit 40/20 30 minutes, + STS abs circuits stability ball abs 20 minutes 50 minutes total

Debbie, i am glad that you are enjoying your rotation. You are really working your way through it. Good workout today.

Jolie, nice work on the weights today.

Roselyn, how are things going with you?

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had a puke-status, stellar workout. Really did well with this today and had lots of energy!!!

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.87 miles (best so far with this workout), burned 313 calories (TM said 384) and went 5745 steps. Avg. HR was 128 and Max was 178.

I also did the ab work from Xtrain - Core #1.

Jolie -
I did have my implant and so far it's great. Only complaint I have is everything gets stuck under it. I have to floss every time I eat anything. It's sort of a pain, but it sure is better than a big old gap. I have one more I need to get done and even though the experience wasn't bad at all, I'm in no hurry to get it done. Price is really the factor here, I can't believe they charge $2,000 for them, that is insane. Luckily my insurance paid for almost half, but it was a very expensive endeavor. I have a pop-in acrylic tooth for the one I need to get done so that's another reason I'm in no hurry.

Diane Sue
- Nice job on your workout and your rotation looks good for this week. Tough but good!! Have fun with it.

Roselyn - Hope all is well.

So my prayers are out to the families of all the people that were effected from yesterday's horrible event in Las Vegas. Seriously, what is wrong with people? What makes you do something so heinous? What frame of mind do you have to be in to act on that kind of thinking? Scary shit, makes me not want to go anywhere. I'm also very sad to hear Tom Petty passed away, one of my all time favorites. I can't even tell you how many CD's I have by him. RIP Tom, your music will live on forever.

Have great workouts everyone!!

RIP Tom Petty! I feel like part of my childhood died yesterday...

Today I did Biceps and Triceps. Same type of workout as yesterday with the last set going to failure. I cant believe how weak I have gotten over the summer!!! Oh well, I am back at it. I started with a 1 mile walk with my dog and I always do an STS warm up before I workout. I absolutely love those warm ups and they get the heartrate up a little and the blood pumping.

Barbell Curls-
35# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 14 TF

Seated Alt. Bicep Curls-
20# x 12, x 10, x 10 TF

Preacher Curls-
15# x 12, x 10, x 10 TF

Hammer Curls-
15# x 12, x 10, x 12 TF

Lying Triceps Ext.-
12# x 15, x 12, x 12 TF (could have gone heavier)

Cross Body Ext.
12# x 12, x 12, x 12 TF

2 Arm Kickbacks-
10# x 12, x 10, x 10 TF ( I like 1 arm kickbacks better, these are hard on my lower back)

Workout was 44 minutes and I burned 234 Calories. 100 average heart rate and 152 max.

Debbie, good job on the Cardio Coach workout this morning! Don't you just love when you wake up with energy! The tooth I am missing is the very back lower, and I wouldn't worry about it but if I don't get an implant, they say my top tooth in the back will drop down because there isn't any tooth for it to hit to keep it in place. I wouldn't do the implant because you cant even see it but then I will loose the top tooth. My insurance doesn't cover implants! It will cost me $3,500 which I don't have right now. This year we had to buy two cars for our boys...

Diane Sue,
Nice workout yesterday. I made potato and leek soup yesterday since the weather is finally changing to fall. It used to be my favorite, I could barely get it down last night. Things I used to love to eat when I was younger isn't what I like to eat now. weird! I will put some steamed veggies on the side today and see if that helps. I like to eat grilled chicken and steamed veggies all the time now and that's about it. I do like to go out and get some Mexican food once a week. What do you have going for meals this week?

Roselyn
, I hope you are getting in some good workouts this week.

Cooler today and it feels like fall!

Prayers for all the people in the horrific Las Vegas shooting incident.

Today I did 4 Day Split Kickbox, 34 minutes, 225 calories, heart rate 130 average, 164 max, 2,806 steps. I stopped at the weights and restarted tracking to separate the workouts calorie burns as the heart rate average goes way down when I do weights. 4 Day Split lower body was 47 minutes ( I guess it took a long time writing and setting up) heart rate average 102, max 134, 195 calories. Total time was 81 minutes, 420 calories.
Weights today:
squats warm up 24#
front squats heels elevated barbell 35# x 12 reps, 12 reps
deadlifts on step dumbbells 25's x 8 reps, 8 reps
plie squats on step 30# x 16 reps, 35# x 16 reps
leg press 14 inch 30# x 12 reps, 12 reps
leg press/outer thigh lift 10 inch 15's and 5# ankle weight, 12 reps, 12 reps
low plane lunges platform 20's x 10 reps ,10reps
outer thigh with band blue band
barbell squats 50# various speeds and reps ending in 8 singles
core

Debbie, great job on the Cardio Coach today, max heart rate at 178 was up there :) I think Tom Petty's music is something we will hear for years to come. These atrocities seem to be more frequent. I wonder at all of the mind altering meds including prescription, and media, etc.. How someone gets hold of the a fully automatic rifle ?? I hope they figure it out so maybe they have some insight into future things like this happening. Shows have always been our main thing to do in Vegas. We have never been gamblers. I feel so bad for those people and their families.

Jolie, we have fairly good dental insurance, but it still costs a lot out of pocket. As far as meals, I really miss my car because I keep having to come up with something with what groceries I have in the house. I have some shredded chicken cooked up and Kale chopped and cleaned. I eat a salad made with kale almost every day. I just have to find some protein to go with it or use protein powder. I like to grill some salmon or throw the chicken on the salad. Last night I made the Fixate Cookbook Mexican taco meat which is ground white meat turkey. I had a taco salad of sorts for dinner with some avocado on it. No tortillas for me. So, I have left overs of that and some chicken enchilada soup that I made using homemade enchilada sauce. I don't put cheese on it. Sometimes I top it with some avocado. I ran out of cauliflower. I usually freeze some quart size bags of cauliflower rice I make ahead. That is good to use with the taco meat recipe as well. I think I may have to just go get my car and hope I don't end up sitting somewhere with it not starting. I have the Wednesday family dinner to fix tomorrow night and I really need to hit the store. I had planned on a stroganoff with options as some of the family will not eat noodles (me and dh) Dh like potatoes with it, I would use zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash myself. Then some will only want noodles. It gets complicated. I always make a salad some I can mainly eat that. And I put out veggies.

Today I did a Total Body workout and had a great workout.

2 sets/8 reps with 1 minute rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's.

Upright Row
- 35#/40#
Lying Dumbbell Extension - 15's
Chest Press - 80#
Barbell Curls - 50#
Leg Press - 155#
Pullups - 3 Assist bands

I also walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Total workout was 48 minutes, Avg. HR was 100, Max was 181 (I don't think so). I burned 227 calories and went 3031 steps.

Hope you all have great workouts everyone!

Today I walked outside, 5.5 miles, 1 hour and 35 minutes, 109 average heart rate, 137 max ( low for me) and I burned 660 calories. It is a lovely fall type of day, sunny and on the cooler side, a perfect day for a walk.

I am tight all over so I need a break from the weights again. I think I just have DOMS from not lifting too much over the last two weeks. I need to stretch more after weight work.

Debbie,
I am glad you had a good workout today. I am at 15,414 steps already for today and it is only 10:30 am. I took my dog for a long walk before I did my workout walk. I should hit about 22,000 today with all of the errands I need to do today! Yes!

Diane Sue,
thanks for all the ideas for the menu items. I tend to get in a rut and need new things to try. Great workout yesterday too! Did you get your car back yet?

Have a nice day, running late!

Today I had to get up and go to the store before my workout so my husband could use his car. Still waiting on mine. My workout was 4Day Split Higher Intensity Step, 33 minutes, 141 average heart rate, 172 max heart rate, 237 calorie. I then did the premix that is back and biceps from 4 day Split. I should have written these moves in the order they are in because it took me a bit between each round to change up weights and the step. Also the body parts are on two different dvds normally and two different worksheets. I will prepare better for Fridays weight work.
Back and Biceps was 35 minutes (10 minutes longer than it should have been) 117 calories, heart rate average 100, max 123. I finished with Kelly Coffey's Body Design yoga segment, 14 minutes, 33 calories. I did this because my legs are stiff and there was no stretch on the back and biceps premix. Total time was 82 minutes, 387 calories.
Back and Biceps
superman no weight, 1 arm row warm up set 15#, 16 reps
one arm row 30# 8 reps
standing hammer curl with twist pyramid up 12# 12 reps, 15#, 10 reps
standing traditional curl pyramid up 15# 10 reps, 20# 8 reps
one arm row 30# 8 reps
barbell crazy 8's 35# 24 reps
reverse curls 15's 10 reps
underhand barbell row 63# x 7 reps
biceps incline hammer curls with twist 16.5's 12 reps
double arm seated hammer curl on stability ball 16.5's 8 reps
incline pull overs 25# x 12 reps
biceps hanging concentration curls with one hand on step 25# x 12 reps
biceps wrist curls 15# x 16 reps
t-band flys green band

Debbie, I think the heart rate monitors pick up one bogus peak number and that becomes the max heart rate. That is probably why most calorie burns are figured from average heart rate. I find I lose the correct heart rate most when I am doing things bent over or abdominal work. Sometimes it happens when my arms are moving around a lot.

Jolie, I am usually pretty good about incorporating stretching of some sort, but lately I have been low on time a lot. I really needed a bit more stretch today. You had a nice long walk today. It is afternoon and I only have 6,262 steps so far.

Today I did Run Fit, haven't done that one for a couple months. Had a puke status workout, this one was tough for some reason today. I feel good so not sure why? But I did well with it none the less.

Workout was 52 minutes, ran 3.63 miles, burned 375 calories (TM said 496) and went 7351 steps. Avg. HR was 119 and Max was 168.

Jolie - Nice job with your steps yesterday, what did you end up with in the ultimate end? Holy smokes!!!!

Diane Sue - I wonder why that issue isn't happening at the dealership? I hate when that happens. I hope they get it back to you soon. I think I'd ask for a loner for a few days. Nice workout!!!

This morning's workout was Cardio Slam, 50 minutes, 331 calories, heart rate average, 142, max 176, 3,987 steps. I followed with the abs from Strong and Sweaty, 13 minutes, 114 heart rate average, 144 max, 57 calories. I finished off with the calves and abs from 4 Day Split lower intensity step which is not done in the premixes I am using, 16 minutes, 53 calories, heart rate average 88, max 120. Total time 79 minutes, 441 calories. I don't know why my calorie burn was so low with Cardio Slam for that heart rate and how hard I was working. Usually it is somewhat higher than that.

Debbie, nice calorie burn and great amount of steps today. I think I am going to go get my car back and pray I am not stuck somewhere at a bad time like I was doing before. Who would have thought I would take it in and they can't fix it. It did this to me and my husband so it makes no sense to me. I would have thought something would be found in two weeks time!

Great workout today ladies!!! Yesterday I walked 24,000 steps! I am running late today, its my oldest sons birthday and I have a ton of things to do to make it a special day for him. Back was in store for today so I put together a Giant Set and did 3 rounds with no rest in between exercises. I started with a 6 minute run on the elliptical for my warm up. Workout was 34 minutes and I burned 217 calories. I had to mop all of my floors yesterday so my back was killing me this morning from bending over so much. That was a back workout in itself! I used DB's for the entire workout.

1 Arm Row
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

Pullovers
24# x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Horz. Row
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Wide Grip Pull downs
50# x 12, x 12, x 12

Rear Flies
10# x 12, x 12, x 12

Deadlifts
12# x 12, x 12, x 12

I loved this workout. I think I may be doing more of this type of workout in the future. I am also going to start running on my elliptical now that it is starting to cool off. Today start the Trinity Football games for my boys. It is the hardest league in the country. 5 games in the next five weeks. It is a very hard schedule and it is hard on the boys, but worth it! My son Jack got a call this morning on his birthday from the University of Massachusetts for a full ride! He has received 9 so far. I am very proud of him.

Have a wonderful day!

Jolie, good work on the back. Yes, I believe mopping would be a workout on it's own. That is awesome that your son Jack has had 9 offers for a full ride scholarship.

I went and got my car back today. They still hadn't found anything. They checked out and updated the computer system and he said maybe that took care of the problem. We will see. I went to the store and dropped off library books on the way home. No problem.

hi guys i am here workouts have been happening I just got so busy

Today was cardio For the Love of cardio cather live

do we have october thread yet

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.