Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for September 2017

Today starts Week 4 of my Total Body workout. Had a great workout, loved this one. Same workout as last Monday but in superset fashion. Didn't go up much in weight as I felt I was getting to the extreme with it. Don't want to over do it.

4 sets/5 reps with 2 minutes rest - warmed up with Pyramid Upper Body

SS #1
Leg Press
- 175#
EZ Bar Biceps Curls - 50#

SS #2
Bench Press
- 85#/90#/90#/85#
Pull Ups - 3 bands/2 bands/2 bands/3 bands

SS #3
Barbell Military Press
- 50#/45#/45#/45#
Close Grip Tricep Press - 75#

Tough workout, for the pullups, they started feeling really easy so I released one of the bands (it comes with 3). I did two sets with 2 bands and that got really hard so I put the third back on. Love that assisted band. I also walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Total workout was 62 minutes, Avg. HR was 82, Max was 130. I burned 211 calories and went 2943 steps.

Have great workouts everyone!!

This morning's workout was Cathe's Cardio and weights 62 minutes, 378 calories, heart rate average 124, max 166, 3,662 steps. I then did I Max 2 mix intervals 1-5 skipping the warm up, 27 minutes, 168 calories, heart rate 133 average, 164 max, 2,83 steps. Total time 89 minutes, calories burned 546 minutes.
I mapped out this weeks workouts:
Monday Cardio and weights to replace the RWH upper circuit in last months rotation
Tuesday Ice Bootcamp Circuit with the Blizzard blast mix in place of SS Boot camp from last month
Wednesday Ice Upper Body and Abs to replace last month's Ramped Up Upper
Thursday Rock Out Knock out for cardio day
Friday X Train Cardio legs replacing last months RWH lower circuit
Saturday Shock Cardio Cardio Hiit 40/20 replacing RWH Plyo Hiit 1
This should keep me from wasting time. There is still 1 more week if I continue this type of rotation. I will see after the week is over.

Debbie, nice work. You are really hitting the weights hard. The pull up bands seem like a good purchase. It seems every time I do pull oups for awhile I get that rotator cuff issue. 6

I'm back from Montana. We had a great, quick trip, the University is really nice and the football coaches and players were so nice. It was so cold, 30 degrees during the football game, both my son and I are now sick with a cold. I had the best time spending time with my son, just us. It was a great bonding experience for us. Today is my last rest day and I have really enjoyed the time off.

Great workouts today!

Have a nice day.

Jolie, one on one time is always the best quality time. I am glad that you enjoyed your time so much despite getting colds. :)

Today I did Cardio Coach #3. Wasn't really in the mood for running and quite frankly, this wasn't one of my best workouts. I guess I'm having an off day. Still got it done!!

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.77 miles, burned 292 calories (TM said 379) and went 5594 steps. Avg. HR was 121 and Max was 163.

I also did 50 in-outs for my abs. Just wanted to get something in there and had some time left.

Diane Sue - Those pull up bands are awesome. I love them. Like you, I have a rotator cuff issue as well and I'm worried that if I don't use an assist band I could injure it again. So far so good. Worth the cost, that's for sure. Nice workout yesterday!!!

Jolie - Glad you had fun with your sons. I bet that coolness up there was a shock to your body since you are so used to such hot weather. Hope you have a great workout today.

Roselyn - I thought I seen you post on here but don't see it now. Hope you are doing well.

Today I did Ice Boot Camp Circuit mish mosh scrambled with blizzard blasts mixed in, 60 minutes, 403 calories, heart rate average 120, max 155. I went a bit heavier on lower moves, but on upper I kept it at Cathe's since I have Upper Body on schedule for tomorrow. I chose this workout because there is really not a lot of time spent on upper body work on it. I have my 3 year old grandson here for awhile :D He is so cute, I love spending time with him.

Debbie, that is good to hear that the bands seem to be helping.

Today we have a fire up the hill from us and the sky is just brown! I was going to go for a long walk since I am under the weather but chose not to because there is so much ash in the air it is hard to breath. I walked on the Treadmill for 45 minutes, 2.5 miles and I burned 468 calories. I walked at a 6.0 incline and I stretched my back at the end. My average heart rate was 120 and my max was 157. It felt great to walk again, my knee is about 70% better but it still aches. I am going for one more adjustment tomorrow and hopefully I am back to normal.

Debbie,
nice job on the workout when you weren't feeling it today. It is back to 90 degrees today so the change in weather temps is killing me!

Diane Sue,
Ice Boot camp circuit is a hard workout!!! Good for you I envy that you can do it! Have a wonderful time with your grandson today.

Have a nice day. I am home today with a really sick son. I hope to God I don't get what he has...

Today was Total Body workout. Had a pretty good workout although I had a really hard time waking up. I took some night time sinus medication and OMG did that knock me out. What the heck do they put in that stuff? Crazy. Took me forever to feel awake but I think I did really well with the workout. Same one as last Wednesday only in superset fashion.

4 sets/8 reps with 2 minute rest (was supposed to be 3 but that is too long, don't have time for that) - warmed up with Pyramid Upper Body

SS #1
Alternate Hammer Curls
- 21's
Alternate Front Raises - 12's

SS #2
Barbell Rows
- 65#
Squats - 30's

SS #3
Incline Dumbbell Press
- 32's
Overhead Dumbbell Extension - 32#

I also walked .75 miles on my treadmill.

Total workout was 1 hr., Avg. HR was 88, Max was 122. I burned 239 calories and went 3468 steps.

Running late, have a great workout everyone!!!

Today I am not working out, I am officially sick. I have a fever, headache and no energy. I am not going to push it or otherwise I will be out for a lot longer than need be. I am overcome by stress as well which is not helping. My youngest son got kicked off the football team for a week last night because he was caught with a VAP cigarette. I cant believe the bad choices he is making lately. Also, he is flunking a few classes and it is stressing me out to where I am sick. Sorry to vent, I just am going through a tough time with a teenager.

Debbie,
great total body workout today and I am happy you got to walk on the treadmill as well!

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I will be back later to read your posts. I hope you have a great workout!

Have a wonderful day. 90 degrees here today, where is Fall!

This morning I did Ice Chiseled Upper Body, 48 minutes, 190 calories, heart rate average 94, max 133, 950 steps. I went heaver on the weights with this up to 15's for some things. Those discus throws I always keep at 5# though. I then did Ice Core 1 and 2, 26 minutes, 76 calories, using 8 and 10# dumbbells Total time was 74 minutes, and calories burned 266. Today is Wednesday family dinner. I had my 3 year old grandson help make cookies last night. I peeled the potatoes ahead for shepherd's pie today. I really miss having my car to run to the store.
I am not going to post the weights today. Chiseled Upper Body is hard to count rep patterns as they change during a move and there is a lot of doing more than one muscle group in a movement pattern like 3 curls/ press , push up/leg extension. I have a lot to accomplish and it would take time to explain.

Debbie, nice job today. I like doing 8 rep work. I can usually push to go much heavier. I broke down and took Claritin yesterday because my allergies were going crazy. I have not slept well the last few nights. It does not work and I wake up feeling out of it. I never could get why they call it non drowsy. I think somewhere on the carton many of those non drowsy things warn that they may cause drowsiness. I am super sensitive to almost anything.

Jolie, we posted at the same time. I am sorry that you are sick and going through so much stress. Raising teenagers can be a trial and a joy. When they make wrong decisions it hurts. You can't give up on them. Finding a way to get through to them is a challenge. I will send some prayers your way.

Roselyn, I heard that that live workout with the bands was a fun one.

Today I did Cardio Coach 5 and had a pretty good workout. My head was all blocked up again and I had a really bad headache but I did it anyways. I like this one, the hill climbs in the beginning make it sort of a great warming up workout. Then by the time I get to the last two challenges that are sprints, I'm ready to go. Did well with it. I also did the stretch at the end of this workout which I rarely do. It was really good.

Workout was 54 minutes, ran 3.5 miles, burned 382 calories (TM said 544!!!) and went 7186 steps. Avg. HR was 115 and Max was 166.

Diane Sue - What happened to your car? I must have missed that post. Great workout yesterday!!

Jolie - So sorry you are sick and your son is giving you problems. Teenagers are a trial, that is for sure.

Roselyn - Nice job with your workout. What rotation are you following now?

Today I did Rockout Knockout, 57 minutes, 403 calories, heart rate average 126, max 152, 4,728 steps. I would have done the heavy bag, but the Fitness equipment service guy is supposed to come for my Tread Climber.

Debbie, nice work on the cardio today. Sometimes the cardio seems to help the sinuses, at least temporarily. I have a Chevy Spark that is still under warranty till November and only has 10,000 miles on it. It sometimes will just not start when I turn the key and the immobility switch warning light comes on. The dealership has had it for 8 days now and need the car to show that warning so they can find what is causing it. It has something to do with the key and security system. They are supposed to have one of their engineers check it out . I miss being able to go to the store and run errands. I have to wait for my husband to come home. He can't ride his motorcycle because it has been raining.

Today I went for a 5.3 mile walk outside to clear my head. I got my knee adjusted yesterday and I finally feel good! I have really missed my walking, it is such good stress relief for me. I burned 672 calories and I walked for 1 hour and 40 minutes.

My youngest son who is giving me such a hard time got his drivers license today. He doesn't get to drive till he gets his grades up so he is so mad at us today. I told him for 6 months he had to have certain grades to have the privilege to drive and he didn't do it. Another fun day at my house!

Debbie,
great job on the cardio workout today even though you aren't feeling well. I am starting to feel better but my son is still sick with a head cold and just got over the flu. Take care of yourself and take a lot of vitamin C.

Diane Sue, good job with the kickboxing workout today. I love that one, but I don't use the boxing gloves I use weighted hand gloves, which make the jumping jacks hard to do. I had problems with a car years ago and made the dealer buy it back from me. I made such a stink that they didn't want to deal with me anymore.

Roselyn, You are really getting through the Cathe Live workouts! Good for you on trying so many of them. They sure are good and what a nice variety you get to choose from each day.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Jolie, I used 1# weighted gloves today on Rockout Knockout. When I wear my heavy bag gloves I have to put a second Blaze watchband with the frame over the one I am wearing to keep the gloves from hitting the screen and stopping it. I wasn't feeling messing with it. I wore the weighted gloves throughout the whole workout. I always find jacks a bit uncomfortable with weighted gloves on. I have 1.5# and 2# gloves , but didn't want to push it that much. The car and being able to drive can be a good tool. We did that with our son. My husband told him if he didn't keep his grades up he would sell the car. Well, later after a lot of badgering , He sold the car. It was a firebird and the thing that made it harder was a dad was purchasing it for his daughter for good grades. He later got another car. But it was a tough lesson for both of us.
Oh, and my son who is in his 40's now is a very hard worker. He puts it loads of hours, much like your husband does. He can't go on vacation without having help calling him and him going in.

Today was the same workout as last Friday, only done in superset fashion. This was a tough workout. I went up in weight a bit but it was tough.

3 sets/15 reps with 2 minute rest (was supposed to be 4 minute rest) - warmed up with Pyramid Upper Body

SS #1
Overhead Band Triceps Extensions
- I used my heavy tubing for this, really felt it
Reverse Flies - 15's

SS #2
Lateral Rises
- 12's
Chest Flies - 25's

SS #3
Reverse Biceps Curl
- 35# (only got to 12 reps, dropped to 30# for last 2 sets)
Deadlifts - 50#

I also walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Total workout was 1 hour, Avg. HR was 90, Max was 124. I burned 250 calories and went 3653 steps.

Diane Sue - Yes, running always clears my sinuses. I was all clogged up this morning as well. Wow they've had your car for 8 days? Why haven't they given you a car to use while they have it? Usually they do that, especially if the car is fairly new. I have a Chevy Trax and although it always starts, sometimes the radio and OnStar thing doesn't come on. They ended up having to do a software update on it. I hope they can figure out what is wrong with yours soon, that sucks.

Jolie - Yea, teens are no fun, I don't miss that age. I hope he realizes what he's doing soon and straightens up. I don't get why they have to act out like that.

Roselyn - Hope you are doing well.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Today I did X Train Cardio Leg Blast, 63 minutes, 402 calories, 3,082 steps, heart rate 112 average, 152 max. Getting ready to go shopping and to the library with my daughter and grandchildren.

Debbie, I called them and talked to them on my car. I told them I was not in too much of a hurry,but do miss having my car when I need to go out. They seem to be trying to figure it out, but they need to the light that shows the error to come on and use their code reader and so far it does not seem to be doing that to them. It has happened to both my husband and me. I would rather give them time and hopefully get it fixed than wait to have to have it towed in because it does not start. So, that is where I am at with it right now. My husband had them unhook the On Star when we had to have the car in for a recall fix. We do not like having someone be able to track where we are at. Just a preference. I suppose there is something handy about it. When I first got the car I didn't know what the button was for so I pushed it. I think they were a bit put out with me for wasting their time. I bet they get a lot of little kids pushing that button. It is weird having someone talk to you while you are on the road and in your car unexpectedly.

Today I had scheduled STS Cardio Hiit 40/20, but changed it to the Hiit Double Wave Pyramid since I already did step with the jumps on and off yesterday with cardio legs and used the step with the three risers. I will reserve that one for next week unless I change my mind on my tentative plan. Hiit Pyramid was 31 minutes, 265 calories, heart rate average 132, max 179, 2,101 steps. I also did X Train core 2 for my abs, 13 minutes, 46 calories. Total time was 44 minutes, calories 311.

My husband surprised me with a weekend getaway, which I really needed. We went to a spa resort in Laguna Beach for a couple of days. I didn't workout because the gym was always packed so I just walked and hiked. Tomorrow, Monday I will start back at it again. My leg and knee have been so good but I just went around the couch and hit my leg hard and now it hurts again!!! I cant win... I will be ok , its not that bad but it is frustrating.

Diane Sue, good job on the workouts the last few days! I am sorry to hear that you still don't have your car back, that must be very frustrating.

Debbie, nice job on your last workout. You are right, the teen years have got to be the most irritating years of them all! Little Shits! Why do some kids just have to give their parents a hard time and some don't?

Have a nice day. Happy Sunday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.