Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for September 2017

I posted my workout as fast as I can before the website kicked me off. Yeah!

Roselyn, prayers for your sister. I have to get my mammogram soon myself.

Diane Sue and Debbie, I will be back later to see if you worked out today!

Have a wonderful weekend! Its cooler today!!!!!!!

Today's workout was X Train Cardio Legs, 56 minutes, 357 calories, heart rate average 122, max 159, 3,063 steps followed by core #2, 13 minutes, 50 calories, 201 steps. Total time 69 minutes, 407 calories.
I also did 20 minutes of therapy for neck and shoulders using Yoga Tune Up upper body.

Jolie, nice work on shoulders, I am glad that you were able to post today. Maybe they finally got the kinks ironed out of their new website. I remember the different switches through the years as things get upgraded and a new format and look. Always something to learn as well. On my phone and tablet I couldn't see the dark lettering on the color of the background to read it and get to the forums. I had to get my reader glasses out.

Last edited:
Today starts Week 3 of my Total Body workout. Had a great workout, this one was a bit longer, but I worked hard and lifted heavy.

4 sets/5 reps with 1 minute rest - warmed up with Pyramid Upper Body

Leg Press - 165#
EZ Bar Biceps Curls - 50# (haven't lifted that heavy in a while, felt easy)
Benc Press - 85#
Pull Ups - Assisted but full range
Barbell Military Press - 45#
Close Grip Tricep Press - 75#

I also walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Total workout was 1 hr. 3 minutes, Avg. HR was 81, Max was 125. I burned 202 calories and went 2943 steps.

Roselyn - Prayers for your sister. I won't do mammograms anymore, I could go into my speal, but won't. Thermal Imaging is the only way to go. Anyways, she will be fine, they seem to do this crap a lot with mammograms.

Jolie - Glad you were able to post! LOL! Nice shoulder workout.

Diane Sue - Nice job on your workout Saturday!!

Gotta get to work, have a great day and workouts everyone!!

Last edited:
Today I just did X Train Supercuts, 47 minutes, 280 calories, 1,460 steps, heart rate 114 average, 148 max. I find it interesting that Fit Bit has changed my V02 max from just the > 128 excellent to now 44-48. It used to be around 38 with the Polar. If I change it from 28 to 44 on my calories burned app it gives me a significant increase in calorie burn which would have been net calories 253 at 28 v02 max to 326 at v02 max 44.
Just interesting to see what makes a difference in how calories are calculated. Map My Fitness had me at 329 calories. I am still unsure if I want to go on with the rotation I week I wrote up for this week. If I do tomorrow would be Burn sets bis and tris. I may switch it around with the tabatacise workout I had planned for Wednesday. I have lots of busy days ahead this week and we have to take my car in to get repaired Wednesday morning along with family dinner Wednesday evening. I need to go grocery shopping and am hoping my car will start after each stop I have to make. My husband had to take his car to work today instead of the bank because it has been raining.

Debbie, nice workout today. That was a long one.

Yesterday I did STS # 18 Back only. I forgot to post!

Lat Pull Downs-
60# x 12, x 12, x 12
50# x 13 BOS

BB Rows-
50# x 12, x 10, x 8
40# x 14 BOS

1 Arm Horiz. Rows-
20# x 12, x 10, x 8
15# x 13 BOS

DB Pullovers instead of deadlifts- (could have gone heavier.)
24# x 15, x 12, x 10, x 13 TF

Workout was 26 minutes and I burned 223 calories.

Today is a rest day because I have a couple of repair men here fixing my appliances so I just couldn't fit in a workout.

Debbie, nice workout today and some impressive weights!

Diane Sue, good job on that workout today. I wish it would rain here!!!!! It has been cooler lately so I don't have to run my air conditioner anymore.

Have a nice day.

Today I did Cardio Coach 1 and had a great workout, I've had some sinus and headache issues lately but running seems to always help with that. It loosens the stuff up and then I can get it out of my head.

Workout was 36 minutes, ran 2.48 miles, burned 271 calories (TM said 335) and went 5033 steps. Avg. HR was 125 and Max was 169.

I also did SJ&P Abs. Love that one.

Diane Sue - I know, it's weird how each device calculates different ways and burns. I'm glad I only have one, it would drive me crazy seeing different' readings. Nice job with your workout, I don't think I've done Supercuts. Maybe I did it once, not sure.

Jolie - Nice back workout!! I wish it would rain out there for you guys as well. I know it's been horribly dry over there.

Today I did STS #16 Chest. I was short on time so this one is quick but very effective. This week is the "week of Back off Sets" and they are a killer. One minutes rest between sets.

Warm up Chest Press DB-
15# x 15
20# x 12

Chest Press DB-
25# x 12, x 10, x 8
20# x 20 BOS

Chest Flies-
20# x 12, x 10, x 8
15# x 15 BOS

Incline Chest Press DB-
25# x 12, x 10, x 8
20# x 5 BOS

Workout was 26 minutes and I burned 196 calories including the warmup.

I will be back later to check out your posts, running late to my appointment!

Have a wonderful day.

Thermal imaging? Sounds better than mammos how do you get those?

Yesterday I did step blasts with weights cathe live loved it, today was a leg workout and tomorrow on tap is fitness fusion.

Anyone order the new dvds

Today I did what I had planned for today and tomorrow since I have to to take my car in and family dinner. I will do the abs tomorrow and if time a bit of cardio. I did X Train Tabatacise, 48 minutes, 348 calories, average heart rate 140, max 166, 4,117 steps. I then did X Train Burn Sets Bis and Tris, 42 minutes, 153 calories heart rate 102 average, max 144, 668 steps. Total time was 90 minutes, 501 calories.
weights
standing biceps curls 20, 17.5, 17.5, x 10,10,11 reps
simultaneous rotational curl 20, 20, 20 x 10,10,10 reps
concentration curl 20, 20, 20, x 10,10,10 reps
hammer curl crazy eights 15's x 24 reps
triceps push ups combo 4 times, 2 times 2 times
flat bench triceps extensions dumbbells, 17.5, 15,15 x 10, 10, 12 reps
one arm kickbacks, 15,15,15, x 10,10, 12 reps
tubing overhead double arm extension

Debbie, a cardio workout always seems to loosen things up. Well, you do have the treadmill giving you another number :) I feel better if several devices are pretty much in agreement. Fit Bit is never up where everything else if for weight training and if I punch the heart rate average into my calories burned calculator it is only a little above Fit Bit. I believe they go more by heart rate and that is it. If I check out the Met value of an exercise I am always way below. Weight training is quite often down there in the met values of yoga.

Jolie, nice job getting those weights in. I like doing one body part at a time.

Roselyn, I pre-ordered the new workouts before the 31st.

Today was Total Body workout. Had a great workout, but the rest periods and sets are a lot. Rest period was supposed to be a minute and 30 seconds, I only did a minute and ten seconds. I wanted time to get some steps in on my treadmill. Wish I wasn't so annal about that. I suppose I shouldn't be, but I am. Oh well.

4 sets/8 reps with 1 minute 10 second rest - warmed up with Pyramid Upper Body

Alternate Hammer Curls - 20's
Alternate Front Raises - 10's
Barbell Rows - 65#
Squats - 30's
Incline Dumbbell Press - 30's
Overhead Dumbbell Extension - 30#

I also walked .75 miles on my treadmill.

Total workout was 1 hr., Avg. HR was 83, Max was 137. I burned 228 calories and went 3426 steps.

Roselyn - I went to Tenpenny - http://tenpennyimc.com/womens-health/breast-thermography/ for mine back in July. Sort of an odd appointment, but I'll be doing my breast exams this way until THEY tell me I need a mammogram. Read up on it, it's hard to explain. It's all done with thermal cameras and is totally safe. I had asked my gynocologist if she could give me a 100% guarantee that mammograms aren't what's contributing to women's breast cancer. She couldn't. Think about it, mammograms shoot radiation into your breast tissue. How can that be safe? How can that not have effects on us at a later time. I believe it does. And I also believe that if mammograms stop being a yearly practice and only do it when it is necessary, I believe the number of breast cancer victims will be majorly lowered. Ok, getting off my soap box now. Check out the website and see if there are any types of facilities near you. It's usually out of pocket, but I don't care. It cost me $350. I happily paid it. Oh, and according to my test results, I have perfect boobs. :)

Diane Sue - LOL! You're right, I do have two devices. And my TM always shows I have a higher burn. Oh well, I try not to obsess over it too much. Nice workout yesterday!!

Jolie - Nice chest workout, that is my favorite body part to work. I am the strongest with my chest. :)

Today I was supposed to do shoulders but my right trap and shoulder are cramping. I had a hard time sleeping last night because it was painful. I even took an Advil and it didn't do much for the pain. Also, my leg and knee have been bothering me so much that I haven't been able to do hardly any cardio the past month. With that said, I am taking the day off and going to the chiropractor to have and adjustment and massage. When I was walking through the house and around the corner my knee cracked, now the pain is in another area. Not a bad crack, like when your crack your fingers. I am really run down because of a ton of stress in the house so I don't sleep well. I wake up every hour looking at the clock. This weekend I am going with my oldest son to the University of Montana for his official visit so I wont be getting in my workouts. They are flying us up to see their biggest football game of the year. It should be a lot of fun and I cant wait to get some one on one time with him as well. My youngest son is turning 16 tomorrow so I will be very busy going to his football game and dinner ect. I have decided to give myself the rest of the week off and take it easy. I need my mind and body to repair and I have to not feel guilty about it. I may try to get arms in sometime this week but who knows! Lol!

Debbie,
great workout today! I agree with you on the mammograms. There is a saying in the nutritional industry " IF you look hard enough for cancer, you will find it"! My internist dr. said to have a mammogram for a base line and then stop doing them every year. I like what you did and that is what I will be doing going forward as well. Cancer does not run in my family, heart disease is the killer.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a nice workout and enjoy your family dinner!

Roselyn, I am not buying the new workouts till I hear from you all how you like them. I like doing one or two body parts per day and getting some cardio in as well. My body responds to this type of workout really well and some of Cathe's workouts are too high impact for me.

Make it a great day!

This morning I did 4 Day Split Kickbox and abs, 44 minutes, 267 calories, heart rate average, 125, max 158. I have not done this in so long. I forgot how much I enjoy it. Took my car in and they are going to contact Chevrolet to take care of the warranty end of it since it is still under warranty. Getting it serviced, oil change etc.. while it is there. I really hope it doesn't take long. Yesterday it started right up for me. I parked under a tree to shade the car just in case I was stuck sitting in it waiting for help if it wouldn't start. Needless to say the birds did a job on it while I was in the store. I needed stuff for the dinner today.

Debbie, the thing that gets me is when multiple apps and devices give a similar calorie burn and FitBit gives me half of that. I don't trust raising it that much because it may not be correct in My Fitness Pal. Particularly when it is cardio. Strength is always going to be way low becasue Fit Bit just does not work by lack of much movement.

Jolie, you really need the rest. I hope you enjoy the trip and the game. I am sure it will be lots of fun.

Today I did X Train Legs mix 2 standing, barre, all & chair, floor. I wore 2.5# ankle weights for the barre work, went a bit heavier than Cathe on the weights, held an 8# dumbbell on my inner thigh as the option offered. I got a terrible calorie burn from Fit Bit. This is where it gets frustrating. I should wear something else to monitor for weights. Workout was 71 minutes, heart rate 92 average, 130 max, Fit Bit 155 calories. Cathe workout manager gives 482 calories, met 6.5. Map My Fitness gives 417 calories. I ended up taking it down to a met 4 and using 296 calories for my calorie burn. With Polar I was always closer to 300 calories with the X train workouts in the past.

I didn't workout yesterday, I had to be at work at the butt crack of dawn so I decided not to do anything. Today I did Total Body and had a great workout. This was tough, I really worked hard with it.

3 sets/15 reps with 1 1/2 minute rest - warmed up with Pyramid Upper Body

Overhead Band Triceps Extensions - I used my heavy tubing for this, really felt it
Reverse Flies - 15's
Lateral Rises - 12's
Chest Flies - 25's
Reverse Biceps Curl - 30#
Deadlifts - 45#

I also walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Total workout was 1 hr. 4 minutes, Avg. HR was 86, Max was 128. I burned 249 calories and went 2943 steps.

Jolie - I agree about finding cancer if you look hard enough for it. My motto is, if it isn't broke, don't fix it!!!! Hope your shoulder is feeling better, my right shoulder has been aching for me lately. Not sure what I did.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday! I really don't think there is a device that calculates lifting workouts well. I know I burn way more than what it shows when I lift. I try not to obsess over it, there really isn't anything you can do about it. Just know that you are burning calories all day after a workout. :)

Roselyn, Did you see what I wrote about the Thermal Imaging? Have you looked into it? Just wondering.

Debbie, nice workout today. I always find using heavy tubing for triceps can make my muscles tremble, unlike it does with weights for overhead extensions.
I have been dealing with the nerve pain in my neck and shoulder for almost a year now after that biopsy. It hurt, gets tender, and at times itbwill itch even down into my lats. I keep hoping it will regenerate itself from the damage. Yesterday I bought some lions mane to add to my coffee since it s as ys it helps regenerate nerves. I dont know if it will help or not.

Today I sat here looking at my plan and trying to make up my mind too long!! I ended up going with the plan of some cardio and X Train Burn Sets Chest Back and shoulders. I started with Cross Fire Time saver mix triple tabata, 34 minutes (actual 28 but I ran down stairs twice for laundry and the dog needing out) heart rate average 132, max 172, 189 calories, 2,518 steps. I then did X Train Burn sets planned, 52 minutes, 225 calories, heart rate average 101, max 132, 1,164 steps. Total time 86 minutes, calories 414. I accidentally put in the wrong dvd. Instead of burn sets I put in the other Chest, back and shoulders and did the warm up and push ups before I realized she was not starting with chest! SO, I skipped the burn set of push ups.
Weights today was kind of low since I did not want to irritate my shoulder and neck.
Dumbbell bench press 2 DB 15#,15#,15# x 10,10,14 reps
chest flies 2 DB 15#,15#,15# x 12,10,14 reps
Incline dumbbell bench press 2 DB 15#,17.5#,17.5# x 10,10,12 reps
one arm row 30#,30#,30#x 10,10,12 reps
dumbbell rows both arms, 25#,25#,25# x1 0,10,11 reps
seated rear delts 2 DB 15#,12#,12# x 10,10,10 reps
superman 24 reps
standing overhead press 2 DB 15#,15#, 15# X 10,1010, reps
single arm lateral raise 10#,10#,10# x 10,10,12 reps
aingle rear delt fly 10#,10#,10# x 10,10,12 reps
scare crows tubing.

I am really enjoying my rest week!!! My shoulder and knee got adjusted and both feel about 75% better, I have one more appointment with the chiropractor next week, then I will be good to go! Last night was finally cool and I slept so much better! Next week is supposed to be very hot again. I want fall to come to California! Tomorrow I am leaving very early in the morning for Montana with my son to visit the University and go to their football game. It is a high of 50 degrees and I am so happy. It is a night game so I will probably freeze my buns off. I am going out in a little while to buy some light weight gloves to take along. Yesterday my youngest son turned 16, so both of my boys are the same age for two weeks. Kinda weird but they are Irish Twins. We had a great day, he played a great football game but they lost so that was sad for his birthday.

When I start working out next week I will continue with STS Meso 2. I am enjoying it and I hope to get a couple of kickboxing days in as well. As soon as the weather cools off I will get back on the elliptical and start running again.

Diane Sue and Debbie, great job on the workouts.

See you all next week.

Jolie, your boys are really close in age. So, you are going to be providing two cars for the boys close together? I hope that you enjoy your rest and trip. That is good news that you are feeling a lot better.

Roselyn, I remember doing a shorter upper body workout from the live workouts.

Today's workout was 4 Day split Lower Intensity Step cardio only mix, 37 minutes, 245 calories, heart rate average 138, max 174, 2,986 steps. I also did Fit Tower Advanced Legs, Glutes, Core, core stretch only mix, 19 minutes, 55 calories., heart rate average 99, max 130, 319 steps. Total time 56 minutes, calories 300.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.