Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for July, 2019

Belinda, sometimes I get a kick out of the clothing on those older workouts, but they are still great workouts. I really have enjoyed Kelly's Raw workouts.

I went outside to get in my car and look what was across the street eating the neighbors trees. I scared them when they saw me get in the car and they headed for the woods behind the houses.

Attachments

• 20190709_143539.jpg
    20190709_143539.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 8
Good morning,

Butts and Guts is done.

Diane - aww...on the dears :) We have a lot of them too, just not in my driveway, lol. Yes, the older workouts are still good.

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

Reactions: WD
Wow, I have not worked out like this in forever. I forgot what it feels like to make my muscles burn. They are burning right now, literally. I went heavy today and it made a huge difference.

Today I did Body Beast: Build - Back & Biceps. Had a very good workout, really feeling it still. My muscles are actually warm right now, it's weird.

This is what I did:

Deadlifts: 15's/20's/25's/20's - 15/12/8/8

Superset
Pullovers: 20#/25#/35#/20# - 15/12/8/8
Pull Ups: w/assisted band - 3 sets/10 reps (these are actually starting to feel easy)

Giant Set
Barbell Row: 25#/35#/45# - 15/12/8
One Arm Row: 17.5#/25#/30# - 15/12/8
Reverse Fly: 10's/12's/12's - 15/12/8

Close Grip Chins: w/assisted bands - 30 seconds 3 sets - 8/8/10 reps

Seated Bicep Curl: 12's/15's/22.5's/12's - 15/12/5/8 (22.5's were too heavy but I did all reps)

1,1, 2 Hammer Curl: 10's/12.5's/15's - 15/12/8

Barbell Curls: 20#/25#/35#/25# - 15/12/8/8

Airplane Cobra: I did regular cobra (yoga move)

Workout was 54 minutes, burned 458 calories, did 972 steps and HR was 149/208.

I also did Kelly's RAW Ab Finisher. I liked it, the standing work felt a bit awkward to me but I really liked the floor work. I used an 8# med ball for the floor work, it was easier to use than the dumbbell.

That was 19 minutes, burned another 136 calories. HR was 131/174.

Wanted to get on my Bow Flex, maybe later, I am whooped!

Doreen - CTX Workouts were tough, all those older workouts of Cathe's were tough. Loved them though. Great job on those workouts!

Jolie - I don't usually find it difficult to take time off. Most of the time when I do it I am just ready for a break. I am taking next week off and sort of looking forward to it, although I really love this rotation and want to continue doing it. My DH is off, though, so we want to go places while he's on vacation. Aren't you worried about taking testosterone? Isn't that like taking steroids? Be careful with that, that could cause you issues in the long run. And anything with the word "Fen" in it I would avoid altogether.

Diane - Great job with your workouts yesterday. I hate when I stop my FB and then forget to start it again. I've done that before, it's annoying. LOL on eating because you have to! Not me, I workout so I can eat, I love to eat. I have my meal plan daily and look forward to everything I eat. Usually can't wait for my snack time. It's weird, I know. I just made a tropical smoothie and it was delicious! So much better than the nasty pumpkin one I tried yesterday. I hope you get your title soon, that is so frustrating! We have the same issues here with our mail. They always send packages to the house with the same number but different street and then we never get our order. That stopped when we make a formal complaint to the Cleveland P.O. Ridiculous. People just don't care about their jobs anymore - or how they perform them. We haven't ridden our motorcycles yet this year. I want to get mine back from my mom's garage and ride it before summer is over. Just no time for anything it seems. Those deer are beautiful. Love those animals. Breaks my heart when I see them dead on the side of the highways. That happens a lot here.

Belinda - I agree, so many workouts, so little time. :( Great job with B&G! I haven't done that one in forever!

Hi to all who come after me!! Have great workouts!!

This morning I was hesitant on the challenge workout, but did get it in. Not one that I am in love with. I started with tomorrow's workout which I really like, Raw Interval's 4, 41 minutes, 286 calories, met 8.0, heart rate average 135, max 173, 2708 steps. Then I did today's challenge, Raw Tubing Works, 41 minutes, 146 calories, met 4.0, 523 steps, heart rate average 96, max 136. Total time 82 minutes, 3,131 steps, 432 calories. I did both workouts because I want to do just cardio tomorrow and not weight/strength work.

RAW TUBING WORKS
Tabata style 8 rounds of each exercise 5 rnds then 3 rnds burnouts
Uses a stability ball, tubing, and loop band(which is only used for one round)
Rows on stability ball with tubing 5 rnds then 3 rnds faster paced burn out
Bench Press on stability ball with tubing 5 rnds then 3 rnds at a faster pace burn out
Abductors seated on stability ball with loop band above knees 5 rounds then 3 rnds burn outs
Crunch on stability ball 5 rnds with 3 rnds burn outs
Biceps curls on stability with tubing 5 rnds and 3 rnds alternating run burn out
Triceps kickbacks on stability ball with tubing 5 rnds and 3 rnds alternating run burn out
Adductors on floor with stability ball between knees 4 rnds hold squeeze for 20 seconds then 4 rnds pulse squeezes
Lower abs reverse curls with ball between knees 4 rnds then double leg raise to hands with stability ball between feet 4 rnds

Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4 requires 6 inch step and 12.5 or 15# dbs I used 12's and 15's and 10's for overhead press
One cardio 30 sec and one strength move 30 sec repeated twice and move to the next then all are repeated ending with some core and upper body the second time
Split and squat jack cardio/ dbs power curls
Repeat
Pendulums cardio/ deadlift upright row dbs
Repeat
Achy feet (Heisman?) cardio/lunge press 1 arm
Repeat
Plunge lunge turn side to side lunge cardio/side lunge curls dbs
Repeat
Jump on step squat touch down/plank rows dbs
Repeat
Heel crossovers/ jacks and skates
Repeat
Repeat all cardio and weight segments again excluding heel cross overs and jacks and skates (second time is shorter, the cardio is done twice followed by one set of the weight moves or a shorter session when it requires each side.
End with lying on step skull crushers to sit ups
Flys with leg raise
Repeat
Stretch at 39 minutes

Belinda, nice work on Butts and Guts. That is another good one. It leaves the lower body well worked. We see an occasional deer here, but usually they are around the park up the street. My husband has came in from work in the early morning hours and seen groups of them standing in the street. This was the first time in the 5 years I have lived here that I have seen them that close and in the afternoon. We live in a dead end circle so not much activity right here though.

Debbie, you are really rocking the Body Beast workouts. I generally do any cardio work I want to get in first, because most of the time after weight work, I am not feeling cardio. Besides it warms up my muscles and joints well before I hit the weights. The tropical smoothie sounds better. When I do one it is generally a mocha one with coffee in it or blueberries. Nothing all that creative. I am not fond of just chocolate or strawberry. I don't get people's attitudes toward their jobs. Why would they let it go up on their informed delivery and send me a confirmation for the day of delivery and then just leave it sit in their office. You would think they would be careful with mail that was being sent out with a sign upon delivery. When I look on the internet, they do not have a good reviews and amount of stars.

Last edited:
Hi everyone :)

I been super busy lasts few day, ripping and running.

Yesterday’s workout, brought back Kick Punch & Crunch Premix, had an okay workout, a bit tired from errands.

Today I slept in pretty late, I finally got in gear. I did Cardio Coach R#2 and STS shoulders biceps triceps I really enjoyed this workout, some more than others, so freaking long.

Enjoy your workout all.

Today is my rest day and went to the Chiropractor, got my leg and hip fixed, yes they were out and it feels so good now that it has been adjusted.

I am not taking testosterone, I am taking a natural supplement that helps your body produce it naturally. I would never take testosterone or a hormone or anything like that. This is just an herb and it is a ok to take:) They use it for Diabetics too to help regulate blood sugar.

Debbie, nice job on the workout today, you are killing it with the lifting! I hope you have a nice week off next week and get to do some fun stuff. Do you still have your street bike? I bet it would be a great time of the year to take a ride.

DOZ, nice job the last two days on the workouts, I might do STS but only Meso 2, that is my favorite and I would add in cardio too.

Belinda, Butts and Guts is a tough workout, did you do the Live version or the dvd from years ago?

Diane Sue, Nice RAW workout today!

Doreen, I hope you have a great workout today.

Roselyn, waving hi.

Have a nice day.

Good Evening,

I did BeachBody LiiFT 4 WK1 D2 Back & Bicep Circuits this morning because I got tricked into going in later and getting off later won’t happen again my boss can only lie to me once.

Debbie-good job today

Diane Sue-I just got tired of waiting for her to post workouts and she has weight work in every workout

Jolie-you really messed yourself up

Doz, nice work. Yes, some of those STS workouts are really long. I always added the extended stretch which increased the time spent. Great job getting in Cardio Coach as well.

Jolie, that is great that you are feeling so much better after the chiro treatment. There are quite a few herbals that are supposed to help with diabetics and blood sugar control. In fact some warn that if taking prescription meds they need to check with a doctor so adjustments can me made if they are taking herbals as well.

Roxie, I really do wish Kelly had more just cardio. I have done Just Step, Step 2 and the Step and drills workouts so many times that even though I like them I am ready to do something different. Kettlebell and boxing with dumbbells, weighted vests etc., do not count as just cardio for me when I need to back off the weights. To me it is overtraining even though they are great workouts. But, I still love the workouts. I just think it is better when I plan them out myself into a routine.

Today I have my thermal imaging scan that I do instead of mammograms. I couldn't have my cup of coffee this morning and I'm getting a really bad headache. Looking forward to it being over so I can drink some. I also couldn't do strenuous exercise either. I really hate how they make you turn your life upside down just for a simple test.

Today was my cardio day so I just got on my treadmill and walked. I did that for 50 minutes, burned 326 calories (how on earth did that happen?), went 2.46 miles and did 5925 steps. HR was 115/128.

Diane - That tubing workout doesn't look real good to me either. Looks boring. I don't like tubing exercises much anyways. Nice job getting it done, though. I thought about doing cardio first but then I might run out of time to get the lifting part done. Especially when I go back to work. But I'm having fun with this right now and it's not bad doing cardio afterwards - if I have the energy! So did you get your title yet? I have also seen the reviews of our Post Offices and they aren't good at all. Something needs to be done about it.

DOZ - Kickin' it!!! :)

Jolie - Glad you are finally almost 100% better!! I'm glad you aren't taking testosterone, but any supplement with the word "Fen" in it, I would be leary about. Yes, we still have our motorcycles, just haven't ridden them yet this summer. We plan to for our vacation. Can't wait!

Roxie - Good job on your workout!! Sorry your boss messed the day up for you, that is not cool.

Belinda - Hope you have a wonderful day!

Doreen - Hope you have a great workout and a good day as well!

Good morning,

Cathe Hiit ( Pyramid) is done.

Debbie - nice job this morning.

Jolie - glad to hear you are feeling better again. I did B& G dvd.Great job yesterday.

Roxie - awesome job with L4 yesterday.

I will be back later.

Debbie- How do you get your insurance to approval a thermal scan? I'm due for a mamo but have heard they aren't that great (radiation) and to do a thermal if you can.

I didn't get a workout in yesterday until late... I did CL 132 Kickbox, Box and Cardio. I punched on the bag for all the combos too instead of just the short heavy bag section she does.

I did Body Max this morning - just the step and power intervals section before I ran out of time. On Demand wasn't showing the premixes. Must be because this was put on DVD from VHS?

This morning I did Cathe's Step Blast, 56 minutes, met 7.8, 381 calories, 5,160 steps, heart rate average 146, Max 180. I then did Step Jump and Pump step only, 16 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 159, met 7.0, 95 calories, 1,524 steps. I finished off with Raw abs finisher, 19 minutes, heart rate average 98, max 156, met 3.6, 62 calories, 376 steps. Total time was 91 minutes, 538 calories, 7060 steps. For some reason my watch quit syncing with my devices when I did the abs, so after messing with it and shutting everything down etc., I gave up and used Map My Fitness to get the rest of my stats. I had already written down what was on the watch. I just used the steps from last time, otherwise I had everything. I hope it starts working right.

Debbie, I have my mammogram appointment Monday. I have all of my medical and dental checks scheduled over this month and next. I made the physical check up in the afternoon week after next. Now I look at it and think if I do not eat for labs it will be after 3 before I can have anything. I may go get labs done before the appointment, but sometimes they have specific things. Yes, I told the post office to hold the package when I found they still had it and I went and picked it up. That was pretty annoying. There was no way I was going to rely on them to bring it to the house again. Maybe they were getting back at me because a few months ago I filed a complaint about finding mail (mine and neighbors laying on the ground in the bushes after it had been rained on) Also I told them about leaving mail in the wrong mail boxes and my mail being wet inside my box. When they came back asking what they could do I told them I would like to see those things taken care of. What a ridiculous question. I know sometimes those strength workouts take longer than anticipated when you have to stop and change weights or write something down. It would be hard to get it all in before work and figure in the cardio. You do well getting some in though.

Belinda, nice work with the Hiit Pyramid. I had to sit and think for a bit before I remembered which one that is.

Doreen, not Debbie, but I don't think insurance as yet covers Thermal imaging. I wish they did. I didn't know Cathe on demand had premixes. I know Kelly has had some problems putting up her older premixes on her streaming. She has a few. Nice work on the kickboxing yesterday and Body Max today.

Today I took my dog for a 2 mile walk and burn 223 calories, we went up some pretty steep hills. Then I did Cathe Live Glassboro RT workout and it felt great to be back lifting, but I went lite and will do so for awhile. I only went down one dumbbell for each exercise but instead of 8 reps I did 16 reps for all exercises. Boy, my muscles were screaming by the end of each set. Also, I skipped the ABS section, no way on that right now! Workout was 42 minutes and I burned 371 calories. Total calories burned were 594. Keep in mind my walk was on the slow side, my darn dog wanted to pee on every bush we walked by today!

I have to go to the dentist today and Monday of next week to get my implant finished, they have to now put the crown on it and I a have another crown that needs to be replaced. I hate the dentist! I get such anxiety :(

I will be back later to read your posts. Great job on all of the workouts this morning, you all are kickin butt! :)

Jolie, nice work today. I always dread being in the dentist chair for the long times those procedures sometimes take. I usually come out with a terrible headache. I hope it is goes well for you today.

Doreen - No, insurance doesn't cover anything. I pay $364 out of pocket but to me it's worth it. I asked my regular doctor point blank if she could guarantee mammograms weren't causing breast cancer and she said no. That's all I needed to hear.

Debbie, I just checked out a Thermography clinic here and they say $199 for a breast scan with 7 to 10 images. They also had a price for $ 169 for 7 to 10 images with a 90 day follow up. I may check that out next time.

Belinda, that is right, I do kind of remember just knowing how long each segment was on the original Body Max so I knew where to go if I was breaking up the workout. I had it on VHS the first time then got the dvd that had it on it.

Roselyn, great job keeping up with the Body Beast and getting cardio in.

Diane, Debbie - good to know... so I just need to do some calling and figure out where to go to get 'er done!!

I did CL 203 Leg confusion this morning. It was a good mix of all sorts of lower body, some barre, some DB some cardio, some loop. I liked it for a not hard and heavy leg workout.

Today I did Body Beast: Build - Shoulders. Had an excellent workout! I tried to go up with some exercises here but it's hard for me going up in shoulders. I can't believe I used to do overhead presses with 30# dumbbells. How on earth did I do that? I just barely got 20's over my head today. Great workout, though, sweating like crazy.

This is what I did today:

Single Set
Shoulder Press: 12.5's/15's/20's/12's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set
Lateral Raise: 8's/10's/12.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Upright Rows: 20#/30#/40#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps

Giant Set
Underhand Press: 20#/25#/30# - 15/12/8 reps
1, 1, 2 Front Raise: 5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps (Killer!)
Rear Delt Raise: 10's/12.5's/15's - 15/12/8 reps

Super Set
Standing Dumbbell Shrug: 20#/30#/50#/40# -15/12/8/8 reps (used my EZ bar)
Dumbbell Scap Trap: 12's/15's/15's (I did Hip Huggers)

Super Set
Sagi Six-Way: 5's/6's -12/8 reps
Tuck& Roll: 15/15 reps

Workout was 44 minutes, burned 335 calories, did 1322 steps and HR was 140/184.

Then I got on Max Trainer and did the Max Mix Threshold 14 Min. w/Breanna. I have to say, these workouts are NOT getting any easier, they are HARD!! I guess I went through this when I started running, too, but dang. These are so challenging. Workout was 17 minutes, burned 127 calories, went .46 miles, did 1136 steps and HR was 130/199.

Belinda - Great job with HiiT Pyramid. Not sure what that is, but it sounds hard!

Doreen - Love Cathe's kickboxing/boxing workouts. They are fun. Great job!

Diane - Step Blast used to be my very favorite step workout. I miss doing it. I loved that one and SJ&P. Great job doing it! I recommend the thermal imaging to every woman. Your imaging is cheap, I paid $365 yesterday for mine. My follow up is within 3 weeks. You should do it. Like I said when I answered Doreen, I asked my family doctor point blank if she could guarantee mammograms are not causing all the breast cancer we are seeing these days and she said no. You are getting pure radiation pumped into your breasts with mammograms, that cannot be good. And why is it getting worse instead of better? I think it's because of all the "preventive maintenance" they make us do. All these tests we have to have each year. Well, anyways, I can go on and on here. I believe the health industry is making us sick on purpose. Money talks. Glad you got your title!!

Jolie - How did your appointment go? I used to get anxious when I went to the dentist, but my dentist is so good I don't hesitate to go. I hope he never retires!! Hope all went well and great job with your workouts yesterday.

Roselyn - Great job with your cardio yesterday. How is the hair cutting going? Do you like doing it?

Roxie & DOZ - Waving hi!

Well everyone, I am on vacation even though we aren't going anywhere but around the area. I won't be working out, but I will try to check in here and there. Hope you all have a wonderful week of workouts!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.