Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for July, 2019

Jolie- wow on the earthquake - do you have damage to the house or anything broken?

I did Live 84 this morning PHAT 2 live. These really get the heart rate up. I modified a little because I was outside and didn't have 4 risers for my step for the step ups and side squats so I just did on the floor.

Good work everyone!

Reactions: WD
Jolie - I was wondering if you felt those quakes. How scary! I hope the settle down. Hope your back is ok.

Diane - How did you like Kelly's ab workout? What sort of exercises did she do in it?

Today I did cardio, elliptical interval mode, 31 minutes and I burned 347 calories. My back is a bit sore but ok, I will be lifting tomorrow but lite weights again. I just cant decide what I want to do going forward. I may run everyday and do one body part per day, or do Cathe Live upper body workouts with running on alternating days. I don't know!

Have a wonderful Sunday! No damage to our house, though we are on a fault line! The good thing is were are far from where the earthquake hit so that was good news. I did however, feel aftershocks all day yesterday. :(

Doreen, nice work on with Cathe live today.

Debbie, I did not take the time to write down the moves for Kelly's Ab finisher. She used an 8# dumbbell throughout. The first half is standing and does twists and standing oblique crunches as well as standing crunches. The second half hits abs on the floor from lower, upper, and obliques as well. Also the full sit up reaches with the dumbbell. I should go over it and put the moves and times for standing and floor, for my reference. My husband was waiting on me to go out, so I didn't take the time.

Roselyn, nice that you got home to and got in a workout.

Jolie, I saw pictures of groceries all over a store floor after the earthquake. I am sure you have seen plenty of that. That is good that you are far from where the earthquake originated. Nice work today. I know you will be careful on the workouts.

Hey everyone :)

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach #8 and Meso #3 chest and back; love this workout.

No workout Friday, my butt, back, arms, everything was so sore, so I listened to my body, and had 2 days rest.

Good morning,

Athletic Training is done.

Jolie - it's scary about the earthquakes. Glad you ok. I have never been through an earthquake, hope I will never experience one. I always knew when a storm/thunderstorm was coming when Brawler still was alive. I hope your back is feeling better today. Take it easy. Great workout Saturday.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was a blast. BBL!

Today was Build: Chest & Tri's. I had a great workout and went up in weights with most of the exercises. Love this workout.

This is what I did:

Dumbbell Chest Press: 22.5's/25's/30's/20's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set:
Incline Dumbbell Fly: 20's/22.5's/25's - 15/12/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Pres: 22.5's/25's/30's/25's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Giant Set:
Close Grip Press: 17.5's/22.5's/25's - 15/12/8 reps (killer)
Partial Chest Fly: 15's/20's/22.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Decline Push Ups: 15/12/8 reps (I did regular pushups mostly on my knees)

Lying Triceps Extensions: 10's/12's/15's/10's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set
Single Arm Kickback: 8#/10#/12#/10# - 15/12/8/8 reps
Triceps Pushups: 15/12/8 reps (on knees)

Super Set
Dips: Did what I could
Ins and Outs: Check

Fun stuff! Workout was 51 minutes, burned 424 calories! HR was 148/199. Also did 751 steps.

Then I got on my treadmill and walked up a 4% incline for 30 minutes, burned 192 calories, went 1.5 miles and did 3582 steps. HR was 116/129.

It's nice here today, no humidity finally. Only going to be for today, though.

Diane - You don't have to write the exercises down for the ab work on Kelly's RAW, I was just wondering if you liked it and what kind of workout it was. You answered my question. :) I will try that this week if I have time. The one thing I love about Body Beast is there is ab work in each workout. Not much but at least the abs are hit each day. Maybe on my cardio day I will try her abs. It sounds like fun. Thanks for the run down of the workout.

Roselyn - Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Jolie - So I'm curious, what is the difference between an elliptical and the Max Trainer? I guess I need to google that. I assumed they were typically the same type of machine. Great job with your workout yesterday and be careful lifting today.

DOZ - Great job with your workouts!!

Doreen - I still can't believe you workout at a park or in your driveway, for some reason that cracks me up! I have never tried one of Cathe Live's step workouts, are they as hard as her DVD step workouts?

Belinda - Glad you had such a great weekend and nice job with your workout this morning.

Roxie - Good job getting your workout in on Saturday. :)

Have a great day everyone!!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2 both workouts combined, 48 minutes, heart rate 139, max 164, 4,623 steps, met 8.0, 325 steps. I then did Cathe Lite Cardio Party Calorie Crush, 15 minutes, heart rate average 150, max 171, 1,542 steps, met 9.0, 119 calories. I finished with Lite Extended Stretch #1. Total time was 76 minutes, 475 calories, 6,184 steps. I did read over your posts. I will be back. I need to run to the store before the grandchildren come over.

Today I did Cathe Live Awesome Upper Body and had a great workout. I changed it up a little bit so my low back wouldn't hurt and did fine. I did not do the abs at the end, not sure when I will start doing those again. Workout was shorter, I forgot to check the time and I burned 340 calories. Then I ran on my elliptical for 21 minutes, 2.2 miles and I burned 230 calories. Total workout calories burned were 570. I am sleeping so good now that I am running :)
2 rounds of each circuit, x 16 reps, x 12 reps

Triceps Kickbacks, no dips- 10's x 16, x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 16, x 12
Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 16, x 12
Chest Flies- 15's x 16, xx 12
2 Close Grip chest press to 1 chest fly- 15's x 6 rounds, x 6 rounds
Cross Body lying Ext.- 12's x 16, x 12

Seated Overhead Press and 1.5's 15's x 8 rounds, x 8 rounds
Lateral Raise- 5's x 12 and then low ends, same
Iron Cross- 5's x 12, x 12
Rear Flies- 8's x 16, x 12
Upright Rows- 12's x 16, x 12

Wide Grip Cable Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 12
1 Arm Rows- 20's x 16, , x 12
Narrow Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 16, x 12
Bicep Curl 15's x 16, x 12
Crazy Eights- 10's x 24
W Curls- 12's x 16, x 12
Reverse Curls- 10's x 16, x 12
Hammer Curls- 12's x 16, x 12

Debbie, great workout today, those are some impressive weights. I think the difference between the elliptical and the Max Trainer is the elliptical feels more like a walking stride where i felt the Max Trainer was more upright like a stair climber.

Belinda, great job on athletic training, thats a good one!

Doz, great chest and back workout, i like that one too!

Diane Sue, nice workout today, have fun with the grand kids!

Doreen, I love working out outside, i used to do it on my drive way all of the time. It is so much cooler than working out in the house.

Roselyn and Roxie, i hope you both have great workouts today.

Have a nice day.

Debbie - I workout on my back patio - not quite as exposed as the driveway. The park is normally empty when I get there - no kids on the playground yet. Sometimes some guys show up and play basketball but nobody cares what I'm doing. About a year ago my husband found a complete set of DBs and rack for me that went to the basement workout room. The mismatched set went outside under the deck so I can use them for outdoor workouts.

Things changed in my schedule. Here I was planning the store, then I remembered I had to be here to sign for a title that is supposed to be in the mail, so I waited and am still waiting and it is after 5. Grandchildren are coming tomorrow instead. Other grandchild had his schedule changed too, so the next two days will be grandchildren. I will have to take them errand running. I halfway expect the mail delivery to not happen. They have a habit of putting those attempted delivery notices in the mail box rather than come to the door :mad: If that happens I will be taking children to the post office tomorrow. I am not happy about this. The mail already came before noon. Sorry, I am just irritated. I worked on cleaning instead of other plans.
I thought about doing Kelly's Run with Me on the Tread Climber after my husband left, but then I was not much in the mood after I finished the step workout. I would have had to drag my devices downstairs. I think I just didn't want to do it LOL There is a Roku in that room as well and I have the VHX station set up on it. Step Boxing was the dvd option of the challenge today.

Belinda, athletic training is a fun one. Nice work and glad your weekend was a blast :)

Doz, nice job on STS. Good that you listen to your body when you are sore all over.

Doreen, Step on it was one of my favorite of Cathe's live step workouts. The only time I worked out outside was when staying at my daughter's and I rode my spin bike and did Home Gym Intervals from Kelly on their covered patio. I still felt exposed, but there were walls on 3 sides of me and there was not a house built directly behind them or right next door yet. I also used her elliptical that was outside as well. I always did it early so there really was not much going on outside. That is great that you have equipment already outside for you. I think if there were people around I would not be able to workout and concentrate on what I was doing.

Debbie, I did like the ab work in Body Beast. I still added though ;) Great workout today !

Jolie, it is nice that you are able to run again and are getting in some weights. I sometimes think that being forced to slow down a bit helps me with sleeping better. Probably because my body knows it needs it for recovery.

Good Evening,

I really need something challenging because KCM’s rotation is just not working for me so I started LiiFT 4 again tonight hoping to see some changes with this. Sunday I did a StudioSweat Spin.

Debbie-I love the Ab Finisher

Today was Body Beast: Build - Legs. Had a great workout, went up in weights again and by the end of this I was done. I wanted to get on my Max Trainer but nope, that didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow.

This is what I did:

Sumo Squats: 25#/35#/40#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set
Alternating Lunges: 12's/15's/17.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Step-Up to Reverse Lunges: 12's/15's/17.5's - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Parallel Squat: 15's/20's/25's - 15/12/8 reps (it's been a long time since I've done 50# w/squats!)
Bulgarian Squat: 12.5's/15's/17.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Single Leg EZ Bar Deadlifts: 25#/30#/35# - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Single Leg Calf Raise: 22.5#/22.5# - 30 second each leg
Seated Calf Raise: 25's - 30 seconds
In and Outs: 30 seconds - 23/23 reps

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 335 calories, HR was 134/172 and did 1606 steps.

Got on my treadmill for a bit of a walk for 36 minutes, burned another 226 calories, went 1.77 miles and did 4257 steps. HR was 112/128.

Next week my DH is off for vacation and we will be doing a staycation here at home and going to different places near us, so I am going to take the week off. I need it, it's been a long time since I've had a rest week. I will continue with Week 4 of Build when I get back.

I just made a "Pumpkin Patch" smoothie and it's really gross...

Diane - Great job with your workouts yesterday, looked like fun. Run with Me is fun, I've done it before. She does some running and then gets off to do some exercises. I just stayed on and ran. I'm not sure why she just didn't do it that way. She always seems to need to add weights with all her workouts. Sorry your schedule got all screwed up, I hate when that happens. I hate the mail delivery stuff as well, I have the same thing happen to me. They have just become lazy.

Jolie - That explains why my legs burn so much on the Max Trainer. I guess it is sort of like a stepper. I love it, though. Nice job with Awesome Upper Body, I like that workout too.

Doreen - That is cool that you can do workouts outside! :)

Roxie - You should definitely change your rotation if you aren't enjoying it. I'm glad you did. Love Liift4!

Belinda - Waving hi!

DOZ - Same, waving hi!

Have great workouts today everyone!

I did an oldie this morning - Cross Train Express Legs and then added CTX Back. Wow! I forgot how tough these were - just doing straight up leg work without all the fancy glider moves is killer. I dropped 10# off the weight in the video and still- I'm gonna feel it! CTX Back I went heavier than the video on - they were using really puny weights IMO.

Today I went for a walk, 3 miles up and down hills and I burned 321 calories. I am tired from all of the running on the elliptical, it is amazing how changing up your routine can really tax the body. My legs are looking good from all of the resistance training while running. Tomorrow I am going back to the Chiropractor in the morning, I know my left leg is out of alignment so I am going to address that asap, then I should be good to go! Taking it slow and I haven't taken much time off in a long time anyway so resting the body is always a good thing.

Do any of you every find it difficult to take time off from working out? I always do for whatever reason, probably because I haven't been eating that good lately and I feel guilty. I started taking a testosterone busting supplement called Fenugreek extract for my menopause symptoms and it is helping a lot. My son takes it for muscle gains, it is the main ingredient in all of the testosterone boosting supplements on the market. It says it is safe for woman to take and boy does it curb your appetite. Also, I see the fat melting away, it is amazing. I started to get really flabby looking and thought my estrogen must be through the roof with the hot flashes, and I guess it is. This herb is also used for blood sugar support too. I am only taking 300mg where most of the formula supplements are using 600mg. I will let you all know what I think about it as time goes on.

Debbie, great leg workout today. I love to work legs but mine get too big, I cant get into my pants :)

Roxie, I would switch my workout routine too if I wasn't getting the results I was looking for, why waste time. I hope you like your new rotation.

Doreen, nice workout today, that is an oldie but a goodie!

Belinda, have a nice day and workout!

Roselyn, hope you are getting in some good workouts!

Diane Sue, great workout yesterday, I will check back in later to read your post.

It is beautiful here today, the ocean looks amazing right now, maybe I will go for walk on the sand later today.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Compound Moves 33 minutes, heart rate average 114, max 155, met 6.4, 174 calories. That was my challenge workout for the day. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Ripped & Ride July 2019 stopping at the last cardio segment (I did this on the Tread Climber) 40 minutes, heart rate average 132, max 157, met 8.3, 294 calories. I forgot to restart my fit bit when I stopped to check the belt on the Tread Climber that needs me to work on adjusting it as it is rubbing the side. Consequently I did not get a step count. Fortunately I had left Map My Fitness running so I was still able to get the calories and time. This uses just a 10# weight plate and 5# dumbbells, but this is really all that is needed for the moves Kelly uses.
I finished with Lite extended stretch #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories
Coffey Fit Raw Compound Moves
1 minute each exercise 10# dbs
squat/squat elbow pull back
side to side lung/row
plank row 2 jacks ending with just rows
lunge front biceps curls
plie pulse with biceps pulses
squat curl press
row into kickback
reverse lunge 1 arm front raise
1 leg balance single arm lateral raise
side step upright row
triceps dips/ knee ins with hips raised (crab)
skull crushers with leg lifts
flys to sit up
bench press alternating with bicycle move
crunch crunch /reverse curl
mountain climbers
plank to frog squat /plank walk in to frog squat

Roxie, I have been doing great with Kelly's Raw workouts and am seeing nice definition. Maybe it is because I have been adding some to them. But, not all of the time as it depends on the workout. Like the upcoming one that is tubing, I am not sure how I feel about that one. I have done it once and it is not one that I really want to repeat or at least I would add something to it. That is why sometimes I choose the dvd choice instead. My only problem with this challenge is she just goes from the first Raw workout through them and often I feel I am overtraining some muscle groups before there is a break. That is not normally how I would plan my workouts out. So, I have changed the days for some of them. Although she does say to take a rest day when you need to.

Debbie, nice work on the weight on legs. I always liked the way he did the single leg deadlift with the e curl bar. I have not had much interest in smoothies lately. Really, I guess food in general has not been that appealing. Thankfully I don't have any crunchy munchy things like chips around. That is pretty much what sounds good to me LOL. I just eat because I have to. I don't know what is up with that. I stay so busy and then go for some salad or yogurt with protein powder since I really don't want to add in cooking extra stuff. I cook my husband's dinner and if it is something I will eat, sometimes I eat a bit. Like last night I ate some of the brisket with my salad that I made for his dinner. I have made pumpkin spice smoothies. I don't remember them as being yummy. Personally I have a hard time finding a decent tasting protein powder to put in them. They all taste yucky. The ones that I used to like a lot have sucralose in them. I just endure the taste I guess. I tried unflavored grass fed whey once and it tasted awful. Like old powdered carnation milk that I had around once. I do wish Kelly did some more cardio without any weights.
Now my informed mail delivery says the do not know when the package will be delivered. What is wrong with them? I have complained in the past about finding my mail in my flower bed out front and wet, getting other peoples junk mail(I guess they got tired of delivering those advertisement cards that had names and addresses on them and dumped them all in my mail box) wet mail in my mail box which included pay checks. I get not positive results from them when I bring these things up. We need that mail as it is the title to the motorcycle we purchased the 4th. :mad:
Grandchildren here today and tomorrow. Next week grandchildren 3 days and I have a mammogram appointment.

Doreen, I always went heavier on the CTX workouts. That leg workout is tough and seems to go on forever LOL I used to go heavier than Cathe even on that one. Now I can just imagine how much it would burn and I doubt I would do what I used to do. A few years older and maybe it bit wiser :p

Jolie, walking hills would be a lot of leg work too :) I am glad that you are listening to your body as you workout and make choices. I am one that has a hard time taking time off from workouts. I force myself once in awhile. I feel like my day is not right if I have missed working out and it makes me grumpy. It is just a habit with me. I don't know about taking testosterone. I have heard of taking fenugreek before though. I would be afraid I would grow extra hair where I don't want it or something LOL. I am sure if you read it is safe for women that you are okay. Although, some of those supplements that are taken for strength and stuff are not that safe when taken for a long time. I will be interested to see how that works for you.
I have added extra Methylate B12 and Folate to my regime for several months now. I am hoping after seeing my medical report after all of the tests done that a couple of the borderline problems drop off. I had to go read up on those tests and read to see what causes the problems. Mostly they are checking for any affects from the Plaquinel. I think they do the tests every 6 months. I go back in next month.

Hi everyone,

I also did an oldie today Step Works. Very fun revisiting my old dvd's.

Jolie - I didn't know you are a runner? WTG, yesterday and walking up hills today. You still doing Cathe Live? I probably will sign up soon. Your workouts look amazing. I would be tired too. I find it very difficult taking time from working out. What supplements are you taking?
Have a great day.

Debbie - impressive weights on your leg workout today. I should pull out Beast one of those day's. So many workouts and so little time.

Roxie - enjoy Lift4. Great program. I saw great results.

Diane - those KCM Raw workouts look amazing. WTG, today. So many great sites I want to try.

Waving Hi to the rest of the gang!

Have a great evening.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.