Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for February 2018

WD

Cathlete
Today I did the rest of the Christi Taylor workout I got at the library, Cardio Core, 35 minutes, 228 calories, heart rate average 128, met 5.9, 3,668 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Build and Burn Cardio Core, 27 minutes, 185 calories met 6.2, heart rate 131 average, 170 max, 2,074 steps. I finished off with Build and Burn Upper super sets, heart rate average 115, max 158, 4.8 met, 32 minutes, 939 steps 168 calories. Total time was 94 minutes, calories burned 581. I started to post earlier and my daughter called and her and my granddaughter were coming over to visit before they go pick up my grandson :) I love it when they stop by. My granddaughter's job is coaching the debate team at a school and she did not have a class or to coach today because of some of the sickness at the school We got to sit and talk about her wedding plans. Her and her fiance are coming over for dinner tomorrow evening. :)

Upper Body super sets weights 3 sets each super set 8 reps
shoulders- reverse grip press 12,12,12 # dbs super set with lateral raise and extend 8, 8, 8# dbs
biceps-pulse curls 15,15,15# dbs super set with pledges alternating 12,12,12# dbs
triceps- seated overhead extension 25#, 25#, 25# db super set with tate press 15,15,15# dbs
chest- reverse grip bench press 17.5,17.5, 15# dbs super set with connected dumbbell press 17.5, 17.5, 15 # dbs
back- seated rows 17.5, 17.5, 17.5 # dbs super set with standing cross row 25#, 25#, 25# db
burn out with light weights 10# dbs

Debbie, nice work on X Train today. I know quite a few are doing the X train Fit Split mix rotation. I think I will hold off on Fit Split for awhile. I think I need to burn some body fat so will increase some cardio (I think) I may change my mind.

Roselyn, I used to used to use an MRM BCCA+ G workout drink, half during the workout and the rest after. Before that it was one from Melaleuca which tasted so much better but had sucralose in it so I stopped using it and went to MRM. I think it gave me a bit more energy for my workouts and afterward. I tried some creatine a couple of times, but it upsets my stomach and makes me bloated. Maybe it was the type? I don't know. I don't think it did much for me. I think people put too much faith in all of the supplements. I just never seem to have those wonderful results that I hear many give.

Jolie, get some rest. I forgot about Redline. I used to use that. I had to quit as it makes my heart race. I have even cut out most caffeine products.

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had an excellent workout even though I woke up with a really bad headache. I'm feeling better now, I think the running helped. Love this workout.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.91 miles, burned 361 calories (TM said 381) and went 5828 steps. Avg HR was 147 and Max was 200.

Then I did the ab work from PUB. Love this one, however, I didn't do the inverted planks on the ball due to my upper back. Didn't want to irritate it. Instead, I just did crunch on the ball and felt every one of them. Great ab workout, love this one.

Diane Sue - About my FB not showing the same mileage as the TM - today it was higher than the TM. Weird. And yes, I do get off my TM to turn on my fan and sometimes to get more water, but that is normal. My FB and TM have always been almost spot on. Oh well. What is the X-train Fit Split rotation? Where can I find it? Sounds good.

Jolie - That was a great workout you did on Sunday, how fun!! Nice job putting that together. Hope you are feeling better.

Roselyn - Hope you have a great workout today!!!

Reactions: WD
Debbie, nice workout today. I try not to let my devices frustrate me, but I sometimes have huge differences between them which I knos are not correct. I am getting pretty good at figuring out what "my" met value should be for different average heart rates though, which helps me come up with the best calorie burn when things are completely off. Fit Split/Xtrain rotation is here https://cathe.com/fit-split-xtrain-2-month-rotation/
It uses the Fit Split workouts and the X train workouts.

Today I did workout #2 of my Full Body Workout. Same as Sunday, 1 exercise per body part, 4 rounds of the circuit, 12 reps per exercise with no rest between sets. Workout was 42 minutes and I burned 301 calories. Then I scrubbed my kitchen floor for one hour and a half and burned another 420 calories!!! I had so much grout to scrub that I feel like I had a whole other workout!

Chest Flies- 15# x 12 ( 4 rounds of this circuit )

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 16 ( too lite, I did more reps )

1 Arm Lateral Raise- 12# x 12

Hammer Curls- 15# x 12

Lying Cross Body Triceps Ext.- 12# x 12

Plie Squats- BW x 20

Bicycle Leg Lifts- x 50
Alt. Leg Lifts- x 30
Crunches- x 30, x 20

Debbie, nice run today. I had a headache all weekend. I am feeling better but I am not going to push it this week. There are so many really sick people around here, I am not getting sick!!!

Diane Sue,
how nice for your grand daughter to stop by for a nice talk. How exciting they she and her future husband are coming to your house for dinner!!! I am sure you are looking forward to it and talking about the wedding.

Roselyn, I hope you have an awesome workout today!

I wore my back brace while I scrubbed my floors and I feel so much better with the extra support. I think the brace will help a lot in the future with my house cleaning.

Make it a great day!

Today I did Kelly Coffey's Build and Burn Kickbox and Kettlebell Fusion, 28 minutes, 185 calories, met 6, 20# kettlebell, heart rate average 129, max 166. I then did Build and Burn Tabata Legs first 18 minutes ( I ran out of time) heart rate average 119, max 141, 107 calories, met 5.4, 2, 551 steps total, calories 292 calories, 46 minutes. My daughter called and my grandson 3 bought me a valentine that he made for me and we went to Hobby Lobby. I made some Paleo white chicken chili off of Pinterest that we had for lunch. It is really good and I will be making it again :)
Weights that were done
4 rounds each exercise
banded side steps -blue firewalker loop
kickstand deadlifts- 20# dbs 4 rnds
squat varieations 25# dbs 4 rnds
side lunge knee pull- bodyweight
front and back lunges- 20# dbs 4 rnds
split stance plyo pops body weight 4 sets
missed last 3 exercises

Jolie, I am glad the back brace is helping. I remember going around our one home that had tons of tile grout with a small scrub brush and cleaner for grout. What a lot of work to keep up. I prefer darker grout so it doesn't show up so bad. We have a light grey grout in our kitchen with the new grey shaded ceramic tile that we had installed. It was probably not the best choice of grout color. I put a sealer on it twice after it was installed. Sadly I forgot to have the installers mix in a special grout sealant that goes in the grout itself. My son told us that that one works really well. He is over a lot of the maintenance and building at the 7 eleven stores here and I guess that is how he knows what to use. Anyway, I now have a container of the sealant. Maybe someday when we get rid of the white small ceramic tile in the upstairs bath I can use it. I am looking forward to our visit this evening. I have a roast cooking and think I am going to make hasselback potatoes or potato wedges in a little while.

This morning I did Xtrain Bi's & Tri's. Had a really good workout, this is a fun one. I really like the Xtrain series, not sure why I don't do it more often.

Round 1
Alternating Standing Curls
-12 reps - 15's
Standing Overhead Extension - 16 reps - 25#

Round 2
Incline Curls on Stability Bal
l - 16 reps - 20's
Flat Bench Tricep Extension - 16 reps - 12's

Round 3
Seated Concentration Curls
- 16 reps - 15#
One Arm Kickbacks w/Tubing - 16 reps - 5# + tubing

Round 4
"W" Curls w/Dumbbell & Tubing
- 16 rep - 5's + tubing
Seesaw Push-Ups on Ball - 12 reps

Round 5
Seated Hammer Curls on Ball
- 16 reps - 15's
One Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 16 reps - 12#

Round 6
Preacher Curl on Ball
- 16 reps - 12's (Don't like these at all, I did standing curls instead)
Side Leaning OH Extensions - 16 reps - 10#

Round 7
Slow-Mo Eccentric Curls w/Tubing
- 16 reps - 5's
Cross-Body Extensions - 16 reps - 10#

Round 8
Incline Reverse Curls on Ball
- 16 reps - 12's
One Arm Plank Kickbacks - 16 reps - 5# (did while doing plank, first time ever)

Round 9
Hammer Curl Crazy 8's
- 24 reps - 12's
Crazy Dips - (done holding one leg up in the air and then switching) 16/16/8/8/8/8 reps - KILLED!!!

Workout was 45 minutes, Avg HR was 118, Max was 163 and burned 228 calories. I can't believe my FB has me burning this many calories. Last time I did this workout I burned only 96 calories, although we all know that isn't right. Glad to see the higher burns, I just hope it's accurate.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile, burned 133 additional calories, went 2483 steps. Avg HR was 115, Max 139.

Jolie - Nice workout, I might have to keep a log of what you are doing, it looks totally fun. Nice job putting them together. Glad your back brace is helping!

Diane Sue - Bummer on that rotation, I don't have Fit Split workouts. Oh well. Nice job on your workout, I like those workouts, they are fun. I can't remember if I tried Tabata Legs, the exercises look familiar so I think I have. I might do that one on Friday. I had the Xtrain one on my schedule but I'll have to see what kind of leg exercises Cathe has on that workout. A lot of her moves hurt my knees.

Roselyn - Great job on your workout!!

Hope you all have great workouts today!!

Today's workout was Ice Boot Camp Circuit timesaver mx no abs and I added on the blizzard blast, 50 minutes, 321 calories, heart rate average 118, max 156, 2,784 steps, met 5.8. I then did Strong and Sweaty Boot camp timesaver #1 rnds 1-3, 25 minutes, 167 calories, heart rate average 118, max 149, met 6, 1010 steps. Total time was 75 minutes, 488 calories, 3,794 steps.

Roselyn, nice job getting through Plyo Hiit 1 and then doing Fit Split Push :)

Debbie, good job on the weights. I find that I don't have any problems with my knees on Kelly's Tabata legs. I missed the plié variations, wide stance deadlift & squat up, and bridges yesterday. I should attach those missed moves to something else this week :) I like the way she does the deadlift with the squat ups.

Today I did a custom workout I made up on the treadmill app I have - I called it "Jogs & Sprints", creative, huh? LOL! I think I thought I am superwoman or something when I made it up because it was tough. I will need to tweak it a bit. I find my endurance and stamina in running for long periods has greatly improved, but I had some intervals in this workout with no rest and that was a mistake. I had to walk for a few minutes during parts of the workout to catch my breath, but other than that, it went really well.

Workout was 47 minutes, went 3.54 miles, burned 415 calories and went 6993 steps. Avg HR was 146 and Max was 207.

I know my HR is higher with this new FB, I'm wondering if it is closer with accuracy than my Blaze was? I know I'm not hitting 207 bpm, I'd be dead, but I do think it is better than before. For instance, with the Blaze I was only in the 130's doing workouts like this, maybe reaching the 140's. I could always tell I was way higher than that. Let's face it, we have all worked out enough to know when we hit anaerobic status, right? I know when I'm pushing myself and my HR is way up there - I can feel it. When I'd look at my Blaze I would see 140 or 136. I knew that could not be right. Now when I'm doing a sprint, the end result is usually in the 160-170's. I think that is more accurate.

So anyways, had a great workout and my legs are sore right now. :)

Diane Sue - Nice job with your workout yesterday! Looks like it was fun. I think I will do Kelly's Tabata Legs tomorrow. Love that workout.

Roselyn - Nice job on your workout. Not sure how you continuously do plyo workout, but awesome job on that!! I hate plyo workouts.

Jolie - Did you forget to post yesterday? Hope you are doing well, I know you said you weren't feeling the greatest.

Debbie, you are right on knowing how we feel and our heart rate. I have followed Cathes met values from the start which they get from met value charts. I know when I am putting out max effort and how breathless that I am , that my heart rate should be higher than I get some of the time. I really notice the discrepencies when I go from one workout to another and the lighter one shows a hogher heart rate? I have got an extra high heatt rate here and there. The Blaze is often lower than amything else. I remember when I first did some of the Insanities my heart rate got up to 180 with the Polar for a little bit and thatbwas to the point where I was panting to try and catch my breath. I dont take what my Fit Bit gives as correct most of the time. I know when I am doing a tough all out cardio workout that my heart rate is not 146! Even using the lower heart rate on my calorie calculator I am usually higher than Fit Bit with Met calories. In fairness to Fit Bit, i generally get some bonus calories at the end of the day when I have done some intense cardio workouts. I sure wish fitbit did not require that I keep location services on. I had to go in google and adjust some settings so they dont keep saving my history and asking me to rate businesses I go into.
Also woth yesterdays workouts I felt that the intensity should have warranted a bit higher max heart rate, despite the weight segments in between.

I took yesterday off because it was the Official "Signing Day" for college athletes across the nation and I was there front and center watching my son sign his college scholarship papers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I did day 3 of my full body workout. I did 8 exercises, 12 reps per set, 3 rounds of the circuit and no rest between sets. Workout was 40 minutes and I burned 290 calories. I love these workouts, there is no dread factor for me. It will be interesting to see how my body responds to these types of workouts. I don't typically do total body workouts. I used only DB's.

Incline Chest Press- 20# x 12 ( 4 rounds of the circuit )

1 Arm Horz. Rows- 15# x 12

Incline Front Raise- 8# x 12

W Biceps Curls- 12# x 12 ( could go heavier next time )

1 Arm Kickbacks- 10# x 12

BW Squats- x 20

ABS Bicycles- x 20

Leg Ext.- 50# x 12

My average heart rate was 113 and may max was 163.

Debbie,
great treadmill workout today! I am loving that calorie burn too! You did a great job putting together your own workout. I don't see why we cant do it ourselves, shoot, we have been doing this for so long now we have the ability and will probably put together better workouts than what is for sale! I love these workouts. I can get through them quickly and I am actually looking forward to lifting again. I have avoided cardio this week because I was under the weather and I didn't want to get a full out sickness going. I am feeling much better, thanks for asking.

Diane Sue, Nice boot camp workout yesterday, wow on that calorie burn! I was so tired yesterday from scrubbing floors the day before I cant believe how sore I was. I set my fitbit while I worked around the house and I burned 500 more calories!!!!

Roselyn, It is amazing the tough workouts you can do back to back! You kick butt girl!

Have a wonderful day. 85 degrees here today again!

Today I did Cathe's Cardio Fusion, 75 minutes, 486 calories, heart rate average 143, max 180, met value 6.2, 6,720 steps. I then did Fit Split Bonus Abs, 13 minutes, 57 calories, heart rate average 106, max 139, 57 calories, met 4.0, 212 steps. Total time was 88 minutes, 543 calories. My Fit Bit was higher than Map My Fitness today. That is unusual. I find it takes the Fit bit quite awhile to play catch up though.

Jolie, I bet it felt good to have signing day done :) Nice workout today. Those floors must have been a lot of work. Nice calorie burn doing floors.

Today I did Kelly's Tabata Legs, I really love this workout. It is pretty knee friendly, I had not problems with it at all. I really worked my legs, they were trembling when I got done. Fun workout!!

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 135 calories. Avg HR was 108 and Max was 137.

Walked on my treadmill for 1 miles as well and burned an extra 104 calories. HR didn't get up that high, I just walked slow on a 1% incline.

Nice workouts yesterday everyone! I don't have time for personals, we got more snow and I need to leave early for work.

Have a great day and weekend!!!

Reactions: WD
Today's workout was Kelly Coffey Strength and Stamina workout #2, 40 minutes, 200 calories, met 4.5, heart rate average 111, max 140, 1,334 steps. I followed this with Kelly's Build and Burn Tabata legs and Kettlebell mix and added the wide stance deadlift squat up and bridges that I missed earlier in the week, 38 minutes, 201 calories, met 4.8, heart rate average 122, max 146, 1,573 steps. I finished with Barre Amped Relaxation Stretch, 14 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 92 minutes, calories burned 432.
Strength and Stamina
lateral raise up to ceiling 12# dbs 6 reps with cardio leg jumps 12 reps repeat for 3 sets
kettlebell swings 15# 2 sets
front curl/reverse curl 12 reps 15, 12,12 # dbs with reverse lunge /front walks 15's, 12's 12's 6 rt 6 lt for 3 sets total
kettlebell alternating swings 15# 2 sets
front and lateral shoulder raise combo 8# dbs 12 reps with cardio speed skaters 3 sets
kettlebell figure 8 15# 2 sets
single triceps kickbacks 12# dbs 6 reps with cardio legs pop squats 12# dumbbell 3 sets
kettlebell alternating swings 2 sets
bench press into modified pull overs 14# dbs 6 reps with bridges 15# dbs 12 reps 2 pulses 3 sets
stretch
Build and burn legs and kettlebell mix +
banded side steps med band 4 sets with kettlebell figure 8 20#
squat variations 4 sets 25#dbs followed by kettlebell squat press 15#
side lunge knee pull bodyweight 4 sets with alternating kettlebell swings 20#
front back lunges 15# dbs 4 sets with double kettlebell swing 20#
split stance plyo pops bodyweight 4 setswith kettlebell lawnmower 20#
plié variations 25# dumbbell held in goblet position 4 sets, kettlebell high pull 20#
kettlebell squat press 15# premix ended here~
wide stance deadlift squat up 15# dbs 4 sets
bridges I used 15# dumbbell for the bridges with both feet on the floor 4 sets then 4 sets with pulses

Debbie, nice work with tabata legs today :)

Roselyn, good job on Ripped with Hiit Circuits. Are you doing a RWH rotation? Or just doing whatever you want?

Today I did day 4 of my full body workout. Same as the other three, 1 exercise per body part, 12 reps, no rest and 4 rounds of the circuit. I did only one AB exercise because my abs are sore from yesterdays workout. Workout was 42 minutes and I burned 245 calories. Average heart rate was 107 and max was 146.

Incline Chest Flies- 15# x 12 ( 4 rounds of this circuit )

Narrow Grip Cable Pull Downs- 60# x 12

Seated Overhead Press- 15# x 12

Preacher Curls- 12# x 12 ( can go heavier next time )

Close Grip Chest Press- 15# x 12

Leg Curls- 20# x 12

Pop Squats- BW x 20

Alternating Leg Raises- x 20 ( only did one set of these today )

Diane Sue,
nice workout today!!! You are lifting some impressive weights lately. I do not have that Kelly workout, I just checked, it must be one of her newer workouts. 92 minutes is a long workout, you deserve that calorie burn!

Debbie,
way to go on the Tabata Leg workout. I have not done that one It must be one of her newer workouts that I have not purchased yet. I cant believe your calorie burn was that low for a leg workout. My heartrate shoots up high when I do legs and I usually get a pretty high calorie burn too! Snow! It was 92 degrees here yesterday. I took time during the day to sit in the sun to get some Vitamin D. 85 here today and then it will get cooler, we have a storm coming in next week finally!

Roselyn, Nice workouts!

Tomorrow is Winter Formal for my boys so I am sure that will be fun getting them ready and taking pictures.

Have a nice day.

Jolie, nice workout again today :) I think Strength and Stamina has been out for maybe a year and a half. It has some good great premixes. You can do upper or lower alone, leave out the kettlebells, skip the cardio part. Anyway, it is one that I have enjoyed quite a lot. My two senior grandchildren just had their winter ball/ homecoming nights. I didn't realize till this year that there are more than one of these a year :) Fall and winter. I wondered when it seemed they had just got through one and there was another. It seemed we all just got done helping my grandson with his suit and tie when there was another one. I don't remember there being that many of those events when I was a teen.

Roselyn, I have not looked at that rotation yet.

Today, I did FIt Split Boxing Bootcamp cardio mix#1 , 35 minutes, 229 calories, 6.0 Met, heart rate average, 135, max 168, 2,575 steps, followed by Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam no mat mix, 34 minutes, 244 calories, average heart rate 142, max 179, met 6.5, 2,718 steps. I then did the bonus abs from Strong and Sweaty 13 minutes, 65 calories, 264 steps, and finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga Wednesday hip opener hatha yoga, 15 minutes, 33 calories. Total time today was 1 hour 52 minutes and calories burned 604. I almost skipped the yoga since this was a long workout, but really wanted to get some in :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.