Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for August, 2019

Good morning,

I did the upper body I posted a few weeks ago. I will add on to another workout later. Yesterday I did a 30 min yoga on YT.

Roselyn - sorry the house up for sale is giving your anxiety. Moving and selling is very stressful .People will criticize or make comments. I am getting ready to sell my house next year. DH and I starting to get the house ready. We are starting this week to paint our house and fix whatever needs to get fixed. Speaking from experience if I would buy a house that is move in ready I would buy. We sold our house in El Paso in 3 day's . We had someone paint the inside and outside the house. I hired a cleaning team, had to fire them after 2 day's. They were using Down dish soap to clean my bathrooms, WTH? They also dusted my windows with a dry paper towel. I am not kidding you :) I fired them faster than they came. I ended up cleaning my house top to bottom by myself. I don't want anyone ever say I handed them over a dirty house. I don't leave or sell a house dirty :) I am German, lol. The house was move in ready and spotless. When we moved to WV almost 9 years ago DH and I looked over 8 month for a house. Some of those homes were awful outdated and dirty. Some had awful wall papers and colors that was a deal breaker for us. That meant we had to spent a lot of time getting it the way we wanted. Who knows what was under the wall paper? Some as for some houses had really dark paint like burgundy/dark green. Very dated,IMO! Again, some people like those colors. Not me! I like a more natural updated colors. If you have to paint over dark colors it's very time consuming, IMO! We do all our painting ourselves. In El Paso the painter was reasonable priced compare to here. Here in WV I would have to pay a painter over $ 10.000 for the size of my home.Paint is not that expensive, lMO! We made good money on hour house in El Paso. What color is your inside of your current house? When was the last time you painted your house? As a buyer I am not looking for a fixer upper. I know some people do. If your realtor don't think it's a deal breaker, maybe it isn't? I live on a Golf course. Homes are very expensive where I live. I want to sell and make money on my house. I don't want my house on the market for too long. I don't want to lose money. I will paint my house and fix everything that needs to be fixed.I also will leave a clean house not dirty like some homes I have seen here in WW. I will replace all the carpets in the bedrooms. I will upgrade the backsplash in the kitchen. I also will replace my utility sink in my mood room with a stainless steal one. I found one I really like. The more I update my house the more $$ I will get. The less people have to update/fix the better for them and you. Ask yourself is my house move in ready? Would you buy your house in the current condition? If the answer is yes, leave it, JMO!

I will be back later.

I have been so busy. I don't think I checked the computer at all yesterday. I have to do a fast house clean and run errands because tomorrow is full. Yesterday I id my therapy exercises and Fit Tower Advanced legs glutes and core Timesaver 1 legs and glutes (skipped the hands and knees part) 51 minutes total time 125 calories. Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Quick Fix #2 met 8.0, 212 calories, 31 minutes, heart rate average 143, max 168, 2,878 steps. I then did Raw Abs Finisher eliminating the overhead moves with the 8# dumbbell, 19 minutes, met 4.0, 176 steps, 65 calories. I finished with physical therapy exercises and some lower body stretching, 27 minutes, 40 calories. Total time was 77 minutes, 317 calories. Tomorrow, I will have to do something short as I have ladies game day that starts at 9 and will be running straight home to get to physical therapy at 1. We often end game day around 12:30.

Jolie, I have been icing a lot and it does help. They said nothing about that. I was exceptionally sore in the shoulder last night and this morning. I think because I helped my husband get an electric saw stand and workbench moved from inside, out to the garage. He put it together inside because it is so hot outside. I believe I heard them say the heat index today would be around 112. Anyway, I feel better after doing the exercises. Nice work on walking the hills.

Belinda, I have a 9# body bar I purchased for Kimberly Spreens workouts. I think she has two that use it. One uses the med ball and the body bar and then there is the kickboxing won with attack moves with the bar. The music is fun.

Roselyn, I think that touching up the paint and making sure everything looks in good shape is all that you need to do. People need to choose their own colors.

I did two fun workouts this morning. The first one was RAW Boxing & Drills - love that one and then 2nd was most of RAW Home Gym Intervals #1. Two fun workouts that I have missed doing. I was able to run on my treadmill for the home gym workout and loved it. I only did a slow jog, but I am so happy I was able to do that.

Boxing & Drills was 30 minutes, burned 267 calories, did 2869 steps and HR was 157/193.

Home Gym Intervals #1 I did 23 minutes of it, burned 195 calories, did 2192 steps and did .75 miles on the treadmill. HR was 147/192.

FUN!! Tomorrow I will do one of the ball workouts that Jolie did from Cathe Live. Can't wait!!

I will be back for personals, I am at work and can't type long. Have a great day everyone!

Today I did Cathe Live, Upper Ball Challenge with Ball, minus the ball again. I had a decent workout, I am a little tired from yesterday's walk. Workout was 1 hour and 10 minutes, Cathe's AB section is very long in this workout but killer. I had to sub out some of the exercises but I could do most of them. I burned 432 calories today, less than the last time I did it because I lifted a little lighter since I an tired. My nerve in my left glute and crease of the leg is acting up again, but my back feels fantastic. Something I am eating is causing inflammation and is putting pressure on the nerve. I have to look up what kind of foods are contributing to this issue.

Debbie, nice workouts today! I might kickbox tomorrow depending on this nerve issue. I hope you like the workout you do tomorrow as much as I do! I might start running on the elliptical again, I really miss that type of cardio. I feel like running really releases endorphins and it makes me happier :)

Diane Sue, sorry your pain is still there, so is mine! Have fun at your game day festivities!

Belinda, nice job on the upper body workout.

Roselyn, as you know I just sold my house a few months ago and it was very stressful. I did fix my house up as much as possible, re painted the outside, an some of the rooms inside. The realtor also staged a few rooms with really nice updated furniture, like Restoration Hardware and it really showed nice. If people are spending a lot of money for a home they want it to look like a lot of money. I hate the process so good luck. We might not buy, but lease again since the market is in a down turn so we want to buy at the bottom again. We made $400K on our last house, we were there for 15 years. I would like to do that again!

Have a nice day everyone. School starts for my son tomorrow, yeah!

I also did a Jessica Smith walk plus lower body. I am done for today.

Jolie - you said it better than I did :) I agree with you if people are spending a lot of money for a home they want it to look like a lot of money. I am getting ready to do the same with our current house. I also hated the progress but it payed off. Great job on your workout today. Sorry about your stomach. Hope you feel better.

Roselyn - good luck with your house.

Debbie - I love kickboxing workouts. I will do another one today. Great job!

Diane - I never bought a body bar. I can always use my barbell without the weighs. I also have the 2 workouts you mention. I probably will do another one tomorrow.

Back for personals finally.

Diane - I'm glad the PT sort of helped a little. You definitely shouldn't have carried cases of water that day. Yikes! I have one of Robin McKenzie's books, its for the low back. His exercises helped me a lot when I had low back issues. I hope you are starting feel a bit better. Great job with your workouts and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

Jolie - You've been getting in some awesome workouts, nice job. I am going to do #52 tomorrow. The other one is way too long. I don't have over an hour to workout anymore. Looking forward to it and I think I'll do it on the ball. It looks like fun. Did you see she has a new Upper Body w/Ball that was from last Thursday? Have you done that one yet?

Roselyn - I agree with you, paint is an easy fix, I wouldn't waste my time on it. You can't please everyone so I would just let it go. You will find buyers, houses are selling like crazy right now. A friend of mine put up his house and sold it the same day!! I'd give it time, you will sell it. Also, you always have the option of doing a bridge loan for 6 months if there is a house you really want. Look into that too.

Belinda - I had to laugh at your house post. OMG on the cleaner, that was funny but I bet it made you mad. I know I would have been. Great job on your workouts!

Roxie and Doreen - Hope you girls are getting in good workouts!!

Today I did Cathe Live Upper Body Challenge w/Ball #52 - Jolie did this one last week. I enjoyed it, but I think next time I'll do it without the ball like Jolie. I'm not a big fan of working out on the stability ball. But it was a great workout and I got an excellent calorie burn.

I will be back to type out the workout, I don't have time right now.

Workout was 53 minutes, burned 426 calories and HR was 145/189.

I also did a short walk on my treadmill for about .5 miles. I started working out early this morning so I had some extra time and used it up!!

Have great workouts everyone!

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

I did Jessica Smith Weight Loss Power walk today. The other day I did her High Energy walk from the same dvd. I probably will do another short workout later.

I will be back later.

This is from yesterday. I was having a hard time posting it and I thought I finally had it, but I guess not.

My pain has been terrible this afternoon. I suppose cleaning and ironing did not help. Hopefully PT tomorrow is helpful. It even hurts up into my jaw.

Debbie, I have never purchased the Robin McKenzie book. I just keep checking it out digitally from the library and renewing it a lot. I have a couple of Ben Shatto's books. I can't see buying a whole bunch of them, as the moves and ideas are all similar.

Jolie, I hope that your pain gets better. I have had pain in my right glute off and on that is just a nagging burning pain. Hard to get rid of. Rolling does not seem to help so much when it is a nerve. It is getting rid of the inflammation that is causing it. I hope you can get settled down soon.

Belinda, when I purchased the body bar, my only barbell was a real long one that weighed 15#. If I had had the Les Mills one I could have used that. I kept contemplating a second body bar for an Amy Bento workout, but always ended up just using a barbell.

This morning I did Party Rockin Step 2, 52 minutes, heart rate average 144, max 182, 345 calories, 4,498 steps. I am leaving for PT in a few minutes. Game day was fun and lots of laughs. We got done a little early so whoever could go, could see one of the ladies new homes that she is moving into now. They had it built. I did not have time to go and get back for PT.

Debbie, I kind of like doing weight work on the stability ball. Funny how we have different likes and dislikes on those kind of things :) It adds a bit of a challenge to the work.

Belinda, nice work. I don't know how you ladies go back and do more workouts through the day. After my morning workout I am generally done, unless it is the only way I can get a work out in.

I just finished Fuse Dance Cardio Melt - Total Toned Body w/Tracey Mallett. If I keep this up maybe I will work my way through my collection in a few years, lol.

Debbie - lol, I was very mad :) It wasn't funny at that time. She had the nerve to show up with a 3 oz bottle of Dawn dish shop.

Diane - great job on Party Rocking step 2 today. I am dog sitting my son's 2 dogs plus mine. I usually do all my workouts in the morning. Like you I am usually done in the morning.

That's it for me today. I have to go to Home Depot tonight and pick out paint colors for the bedrooms.

Here is what I did this morning:

Upper Body Challenge w/Ball

Giant Set - 3 times through
Chest Flies:
15's/12's/12's - 12 reps
Pullovers: 15's/12's/12's - 10 reps
Pushups: 12 reps (these were done with tops of feet on ball, I did last 2 sets on the floor)

Giant Set - 3 times through
Seated Overhead Press:
12's - 12 reps
Incline Front Arc: 8's/8's/5's - 12 reps
Seated Lateral Raise: 5's/5's/5's - 12 reps
Rear Delt Flies: 8's - 12 reps

Super Sets - 3 times through
Hammer Curls/Reg. Curls/Sweeper Curls:
15's/12's/12's - 12 reps
Overhead Triceps Extension/Kickbacks: 12's/12's/8's - 12 reps
(so two sets of OHE and one set of KB)

Not sure what to call this but she did this:

Dropped to a plank w/5's in each hand, pushup, right row, left row, back up, shoulder press, triceps extension. Did this 12 times I think, it was brutal!

ABS
Super Sets - 3 times through
Standing Side to Side:
12# - 12 reps each side (don't care for these, they make me look boxy if I do too many or too heavy)
Lying Up and Over: 12/10/8 reps

Giant Sets - 3 time through
Flutter Kicks

Side Crunch on Ball
Reverse Crunch w/ Ball
(I modified, I don't like those side crunches so I did regular crunches on the ball)

Killer ab work!

Workout was 53 minutes, burned 426 calories (holy crap!), HR was 145/189. Great workout but like I said, next time I won't use the ball.

Diane - How did your PT appointment go? It is funny how we all differ in what kind of workouts we like doing. I just never clicked with working out on a stability ball. Glad you had fun at your game day thing.

Belinda - So I'm not sure your cleaner did this due to this study, but there was a study some time ago about what kills bacteria in the kitchen - they revealed that regular dish soap gets rid of bacteria better than Lysol or a clorax based cleaner. I don't know how, but that is what the study said. Maybe the cleaner knew of this study? LOL! Anyways, I would have done the same thing you did!! Nice workouts today!

Where is everyone? Hope you are all having a great day! We have storms coming in right now. Yikes!!

Last edited:
PT was a full 2 hours today. They started me out on a hot pillow with some electrodes attached to me that pulsed out at me while lying there for 10 minutes. It kind of took my body off of focus on the pain. Then some of the moves I have been doing. They changed up moves today and the PT did a lot of manipulation and boy did she find the tight spots where the nerve that runs from my neck down my arm runs. She worked on helping loosen things up and at the end I finished off with some of the side to side neck stretch/ holds for 30 seconds 10 times and side looking down. Then some 1 and 3 # side lying rotator cuff moves and a move like crossbody extensions. I go back on Friday. Feel sore this evening after all of the manipulation. Hoping we get this loosened up. Apparently I have an extreme tendency to tighten muscle. Even the chin tuck. I told her it was making the back of my neck sore. She said I was using the muscles that are meant to turn my head to tuck rather than relaxing and getting to the deep muscles that are not visible. She told me to try just a little nod down instead for now. She said it probably feels like I am not doing anything as I am used to feeling the muscles tighten, but I am doing something. No wonder my neck is always achy and stiff.

Belinda, I need to get some paint and paint the walls in the sun room. Another thing to do when my neck/shoulder nerve thing is mended. It is still outdoor paint color from before that is a yellow cream color which they had added rust and green trim to. It is ugly. I don't know why we did not have that room painted when the painters did our house inside and out. I think partly because my husband would like to do away with the sliding doors, particularly into our bedroom and the large window that looks into the master bath. We have blinds over that window. Whoever planned this did not do well when they wanted that room. It will be another major project. My husband also would like to chip out the floor and run the air from the bedroom side into that room. It will be a mess for awhile when we decide to do it.

Debbie, nice work. That move with the ball from plank to seated sounds brutal.

Roselyn, it will probably feel good to add something in that is different from what you are doing.

I am loving doing my cardio again. Today I did a couple of Max Trainer workouts and then got on my treadmill. Fun stuff! Friday I'm planning on doing a kickbox/boxing workout from Cathe.

So I did two 10 minute Max Trainer workouts:
Max 10 Minute Peak Burn w/Amy Dixon and Max 10 Minute Challenge w/Amy Dixon. The first one consisted of 10 - 10 second sprints alternating 4 & 6 resistance (brutal) with a 50 second recovery and the 2nd one was 6 - 25 second sprints at a 3 resistance with a 1:15 recovery. Tough workouts.

Both together was 21 minutes total, burned a total of 207 calories and went .71 miles. Did 1738 steps and HR was 136/170.

Treadmill workout was 21 minutes, burned 150 calories, went 1.04 miles and did 2546 steps. HR was 126/147.

Diane - Your PT sounds like it is getting to the bottom of your issue, I'm happy to hear that. Now I sort of wished I would have gone when I hurt my hamstring. Keep going if you can, I think it is helping you a great deal. Did they tell you to use ice or heat? Just curious on what they suggest you use if any.

Roselyn - What did you decide about painting your house? Just curious. I responded to your question, not sure if you seen it. JMO however. Great workout!!

Hi to all who check in after me! Have great workouts!

Good morning,

Butts & Guts premix #2 is done. I also did a 30 Min JS walk.

Debbie - I don't use chemical cleaners like Lysol or bleach. I use a plant based cleaners like castile soap. If I pay someone to come and clean they should do a better job than just dusting off my windows with a dry paper towel, LOL! I don't use dish soap to clean my bathrooms, I sure don't want someone else to clean with it. She insisted using her cleaners, I left all my cleaners for them to use. The house was completely empty. DH and I get a good laugh out of this :) Like I said, I will clean my house from now on. At least I know it's clean afterwards.

Diane - aww...sounds like you have a major project ahead of you. We have a few projects planned before we move too. If we decided to stay, I have hardwood floors installed in the bedrooms. All our bedrooms are upstairs. hope the PT helped yesterday.

Have a great day everyone.

This morning I did RAW Step #2 - about 40 minutes. I just have not had much time or motivation to workout for the full hour these days. Like always with Kelly's step I feel I could have done more but its nice to take it easy sometimes!

No workout today or yesterday, I feel under the weather. I have a low grade fever today so I am laying low. Also, yesterday was the first day of school which is always hectic and my mom came into town and we do a lot of cooking when she comes. I make big batches of soups, meatballs and sauce, chili and a whole bunch of stuff and package it for my parents for their freezer. I do this for them so my mom doesn't have to cook a lot and they end up eating better since it is already cooked for them. My mom hates to cook meals since its just the two of them. This morning I colored my moms hair and tomorrow I will cut it for her. We are also going shopping to buy her some new cloths for Fall today and probably cook some more meals. I will be working out tomorrow.

Debbie, I am glad you liked the workout, but I like using the bench better so I can lift heavier. Great cardio workout today! You have to try the other ball workout when you have time, it is awesome! Just do the upper body portion and skip the AB segment and that will cut it under an hour.

Diane Sue, my nerve pain is not letting up in my glute and leg. I am sick of it. I am also scared that it could go back to where I couldn't move.:( Nice job on the PT yesterday, I hope you get some relief. I am going to start stretching tomorrow and then icing.

Doreen, Nice RAW workout!

Belinda, Butts and Guts I a tuff workout!!!!! Great job on that girl!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Jolie - I am so sorry to hear you are under the weather :( I hope you feel better soon. Try to get some rest, girl. You are an amazing daughter! So sweet of you to cook for your mom. Enjoy your time with your mom.

Good Evening,

Morning Meltdown Fight Club #18 I love this one. I have been a little busy and was having some stomach issues but I am back at it. I have about three or four workouts to catch up with the challenge group.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.